- Score: 8.3 / 10 Score of 415 reviews
All reviews are completed by our guests after their stay at the hotel Hotel Aalders Amsterdam.
Comfortable convient hotel
- + This lovely old hotel is in the museum area and is surrounded by pretty houses. A short walk away there are some streets with a variety of cuisines. The major museums are literally 5 minutes walk away. It is the same distance to the main tram and bus line. This hotel also has a lift which is not a given in Amsterdam.
- – Only one small thing. It would be nice to have real milk in our coffee. I know this is not practical as the room has no fridge.
- * my tip The hotel recommends a restaurant called The Pantry, the one near the Casino. It was a lovely place to try traditional dutch food.
May 2016 visit
- + Excellent location, near museums, restaurants, and transit Quiet, comfortable. Very helpful and personable staff, especially giving suggestions for dinner and sight seeing.
- – Price was a little high (but not unexpected), at least after visiting Spain. Noticed there were bikes with hotel logo, we didn t inquire about the availability as we didn t have much time, but you might want to mention it in ads.
- * my tip Be sure to sample the Indonesian rice table and seafood restaurants in the area (names on the sheet provided by the hotel)
- + The hotel is a short walk to Museumplein. The staff is helpful and, while there is not a formal concierge, the staff is full of recommendations for places to eat, directions to places, etc. Airport shuttle was convenient and on time. Our room was comfortable though not overly spacious there was room for three adults and luggage. The breakfast was hearty and abundant.
- – The rooms are what I think of as typical European. Somewhat small, but since we spent most of the time out of the room exploring Amsterdam, it was not a problem.
- * my tip The museums are a short (under 5 minutes) walk away. The tram is at the end of the road. The street is quiet, but so close to everything.
- + no npise - nice welcome - nice employees at any lvel
- – not a lot of choice for the breakfast only one jam and always the same... fruit salad
- * my tip recommand the pomma restaurantg
- + Good breakfast. Quiet street.
- – Small room. Separate beds joined together. High level TV
Hotel agréable, bien situé, personnel avenant.
- + Hotel très bien situé et au calme. Personnel aimable et serviable Grande chambre twin rooms, lit confortable Petit déjeuner varié et copieux
- * my tip Restaurant MAJESTIC, cuisine internationale fine, goûts subtils
Best budget B&B in Amsterdam
Excellent small, personal, hotel in Amsterdam.
- + excellent position, excellent staff, lovely comfortable room, very quiet even though windows opened onto the street. Breakfast lovely.Although trams are very close by we walked everywhere we needed as it is a very easy walking city. I am very fussy about my hotelstays as I work hard for my breaks but the Aalders is almost perfect. Would definately stay again and would also recommend. They also organised a 6.30a.m. breakfast for us on the departure morning. Thank you.
- – Only two small minuses--1 as usual in small hotels in Europe there was no tea or coffee making facilities in the room and 2 our room only had a shower which although adequate we would have prefered a bath.
- * my tip It's all good. If you take tea or coffee with you they will provide you with a pot of hot water from the bar if you ask. In fact they try and provide most things that are asked.
Strongly recomend it!
Best Quality to Price Ive seen.
- + Booked 1 night, stayed 4. Cute little place, great people working. For a good price there is nothing better in Amsterdam.
- – Don't get caught paying too much, I like this place a lot but it is still more for a lower budget. Don't expect 5 star quality
Small room in nice location
- + Nice and quiet budget rooms in excellent location. Short stroll to museums and public transport. The bus 197 from Schiphol stops a mere 5 min walk from the hotel. Serviceoriented and helpfull staff. Comfortable beds in small but clean room. Nice breakfast and good coffee.
- – Slightly thin walls between rooms, could hear our neighbour snore. No ventilation in bathroom, don´t be picky about odeurs from your roommate.
Although small, this room was well located, clean and comfortable bed.
- + Close to museums, restaurants. Helpful staff Clean, quiet.
Cosy and comfortable - makes me feel at home.
- * my tip When in Amsterdam on my regular business trips, I always try to stay at the Aalders as the hotel is cosy and comfortable - just what you want to come back to after a long and hectic business or sightseeing day.
Excellent value hotel with wonderful staff
- + Staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. The location is excellent and the breakfast excellent. The hotel is good value and I'd definitely stay here again.
Charming, family owned hotel in a perfect location
- + Great location within short walking distance to museums, shopping, restaurants, etc. Very charming neighborhood in a lovely area of Amsterdam. Excellent Continental breakfast included in a cozy dining room setting. Friendly, helpful staff.
- – Absolutely no minus points.
Nice stay in a quiet neighbourhood.
- + People at the reception are polite and helpful. The hotel is quiet, as well as the neighbourhood.
A great little hotel
- + We took two large twin rooms, 3 & 28. 3 was forward facing with a balcony and shower, 28 rear facing, very light and quiet room with a bath. Great rooms in a friendly well located hotel. Breakfasts were good and included. The hotel had a number of bikes to rent. A great find.
- – Really nothing to say here.
beautiful hotel and location,but finding it ,ahhh
- + we had a lovely room#26 (twin)not at all cramped as one review suggested.the shower room /wc was perfectly ample too.huge window for plenty of natural light.staff very helpful especailly the chap who supervises the breakfast .well done you!beautiful location but very hard to find on your own unless you buy a sensible road map.i think the train station ,who hand out a free map on arrival ,do it for a laught because it is next to useless.,,all in all a very nice hotel.and to another reviewer who complained it had very steep stairs ,i say this..use the lift provided.and the stairs arnt even that steep.
- – no tea making facilities in room ..big minus for me..but alas ,i couldnt find a single hotel in amsterdam that SAID they had a kettle in room.when you pay so much per night i do think this simple extra is gold dust
Beautiful location in quiet street
- + Perfect location, hotel is full of character, staff very friendly.
great value in great location
- + arrived very early 08:00 and were accommodated by 10.30 a.m. whilst waiting made us two coffees and scouted the area. very friendly staff, quality breakfast service and always friendly and accommodating
- – get used to the steep stairs, be careful...but that's history
We were very pleased with our 4 day stay at Aalders. Thank you.
- + Wonderful breakfasts. Helpful staff.
Comfortable lodging in a fabulous location.
- + Very comfortable room on a pretty side street. Extremely close to major museums and major tram lines. Staff helpful and informative.
Charming, well located hotel
- + Very nice hotel, well located in a quiet street, near the museums area and the Vondelpark. Closed to transport links. Helpfull and kind staff. The breakfast buffet was excellent (I liked the little cups'cake very much). Small single room with bathroom (shower), but comfortable and clean.
excellently located hotel with very pleasant and helpful staff
- + Good Location, nice size room.
- – V. poor breakfast. basic facilities
- + Very helpful and friendly staff
Friendly service, excellent location, well maintained room
- + Friendly service, excellent location, well maintained room
A good quality ,friendly hotel.
- + Excellent location, friendly staff,quiet room.
- – None
Cramped room, lumpy bed but great location.
- + Location and service.
- – The room was excruciatingly small for two people. The bathroom was barely larger than a closet. (Hence, I suppose, the term "Water Closet" or " WC"). The mattress was very old and very lumpy.
- + Good location,good room,nice and friendly service.Everything went better than expected.
- – Nothing
A GREAT PLACE TO STAY
- + The staff at all times were very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast included in the tariff was excellent. Our room was large and bright. Everything that we needed was handy as transport was within a short walking distance
very very very good and nice!!!
- + very very nice, not so expensive if compared to the hotels. very good breakfast.
- + I always like to come back to the cosy and friendly atmosphere in the Aalders!
The hotel was close to tram and museums. Staff was friendly and helpfu
Great hotel with friendly staff
- + great large room ad comfortable large bed
Quiet, clean, well-situated hotel, with helpful staff
Excellent hotel ideally situated for the more discerning traveller.
- + This hotel is situated in quiet street within the museum and fashion district of Amsterdam. The bus and tram services are within a very short walk of the hotel and are frequent and good value. However, it is also possible to walk into the city. Our room, although fairly small, was immaculate. The breakfast which is included in the price is fantastic and sets you up for a day of sightseeing, and the breakfast room looks out either onto the street, or onto the back garden of the hotel, where parakeets live. The staff were very helpful, friendly and courteous. an absolute delight. We were also able to leave our cases with them on our last day. I would definitely recommend this to others who are looking for affordable hotel accommodation with exceptional service.
- – Maybe a kettle in the room so that we could have made a cup of tea?!
Well located, comfortable hotel
- + Helpful receptionist, efficient breakfast servers
- – Ugly top bed cover
Excellent location (museums and city centre)
- + Excellent location, in the heart of the museum quarter. Walking distance to lively Leidseplein, the canals district, the flower market, etc. or quick tram to Central Station and other sites. Very nice size room (double) and washroom, comgortable and very clean. People at the reception very helpful with recommendations for restaurants, shopping, etc.
- – Maybe more fruit selections at breakfast
Had a really nice overnight stay there
- + Great, quiet location but well connected for transport - found a terrific place to eat a couple of streets away. Pleasant & helpful staff. The buffet breakfast was excellent & offered lots of choice.
- – Couldn't call it cheap, but I doubt you could find as good a place to stay for less
Room #9 in the Museum District!
- + Great location in the museum district. Also close to bus to Schiphol. Room #9!
Comfortable, friendly hotel in a good position
- + Comfortable, helpful friendly staff, good breakfast.
- – Noise from other rooms quite loud but the fault of the guests not the hotel.
Great stay for the price.
- + Very friendly staff and great continental breakfast.
- – Beds were a bit uncomfortable.
Would stay at Hotel Aalders again!
- – No eegs left for us at the breakfast
- + The staff in this hotel were the friendliest and most helpful I have found in any hotel I have stayed in. Nothing was too much trouble.
- – Rooms a little small with beds next to each other
good location and very comfort hotel
European elegance coupled with excellent service.
- + Aesthetically beautiful in terms of both architecture and interior design, the Hotel Aalders offered informed and gracious staff people who gave us suggestions which enhanced our stay in Amsterdam. The location was central to our interests, yet on a quiet street with a balcony view of an interior garden. The breakfast was fresh, with every choice imaginable, served in elegant rooms. Elevator service was available.
Enjoyed the hotel tremendously
- + very helpful knowledgeable owners and staff, tasty breakfast and a lot of it, quiet location near the museums and the tram line so easy to reach destinations in the city, free internet, nice solid building,
A real find
- + A quiet hotel in an excellent position for tourists. Very helpful and polite staff. Great to be able to leave luggage when arriving early and leaving later in the day. Excellent deals on internet bookings.
Quiet and comfortable hotel in the Museum quarter
- + Lovely, quite spacious, and quiet triple room to the back, with a large balcony, which added greatly to the stay, as it was possible to step outside the room, and sit outside on the balcony to enjoy the nice weather. Hotel is just a few meters from the Rijksmuseum, and around the corner from the Van-Gogh-Museum, making it an ideal location in the Museum quarter. Very nice, quiet street with art-noveau houses, lined with plenty of mature trees. A haven of quiet a little bit apart of the hussle of Amsterdam, but yet only a short walk away from the busier centre. - Hotel also has a lift, and a small bar, with Internet access. It's possible to store luggage at the hotel after checkout, which was very welcomed. Recommend it for a stay with children. We enjoyed our stay.
- – Bathroom: very small, no ventilation, toilet tends to smell. Breakfast room tends to be very crowded, can be hard to get a table, and move around at peak times (but breakfast itself is good).
- + Friendly people, everyday cleaning and changing washcloths.
- – Very small rooms and a bit uncomfortable pillows. Nice breakfast but the apples was the only fruit there!.. They could have a wider variety of fruits.
Great location. Tiny room.
- + * Lovely, quiet location - you could leave the window open and have a good night's sleep. * Good continental breakfast - and proper tea. * Free internet access in the hotel lounge. * Helpful, polite staff.
- – * My single room (1A) was very small - although adequate for a long weekend. * The sink plug didn't fit properly, and there was only one towel on the first night. It added to the feeling that a single room meant "second class".
Lovely hotel in Amsterdam
- + Good location, good breakfast!
- – Noise from upstairs(pipelines were noisy when someone used the shower or running wather)
- + Very satisfaying. (Excellent hôtel avec une situation idéale)
- – Dommage que le questionnaire ne soit pas en français.
Aalders in the beginning of May!
- + Very friendly staff. Excellent room cleaning and services. Beautiful breakfast room. Tasty meals. Very comformable location of the hotel.
- – When I have been looking for the hotel I found information about Aalders hotel is quite family place. Unfortunately during several nights it was enormous noise there.
Glad I chose the Hotel Aalders!
- + Like the fact that there is a lift in the hotel - something quite uncommon in hotels in amsterdam. Also, I love the free computer with internet access at the hotel bar - 24/7 internet access without any need to bring a laptop. Location's fantastic too - right in the Museum Quarter, so it's relatively quiet at night. Breakfast is quite a spread too for European standards ...
- – Would be great if there is room service!
Good location & Pleasant Service - Recommended
- + Very good service - Pleasant staff - Good breakfast - Good location
Great location for museums
- + very good location, great food, nice service
- – bathroom
Nice hotel uncomfortable bed
- + good breakfast, and friendly staff
- – Very small bed unlevel, uncomfortable, I mentioned the bed to a staff person, and she said "oh you must be in room #12". If they know about it, try to fix it.
Worth to stay
- + Helpful and friendly staff. Every morning the room was cleaned and we got new towels. Excellent location: the main Museums, Leidseplein, Vondel Park and trams in a few minutes by walk. Much better than staying in the old-city area. A little bit expensive, but it worth to stay.
- – The medium double room is also small. The toilet pan did not have a top, so it was a little bit smelly. I found some hairs on my pillow.
- + Location and Service
I would stay here again.
- + Very helpful staff. Always very pleasant. All spoke perfect English.
- – Asked to change triple room to 2 double rooms by e-mail before visiting, but it didn't happen. Definitely sent the e-mail (I have a copy) and it didn't bounce back so it must have arrived. All worked out OK.
- + Helpfull and friendly staff and free internet
Great place for basic needs, good location
- + Room was clean and comfortable. Hotel on a nice quiet street, 1 minute walk to Museumplein. Short 10-minute walk to Leidseplein. Great if you just need a place to crash, shower and shave. Friendly staff.
- – Breakfast was ok, but nothing spectacular. Can hear others entering and leaving their rooms. Non-smoking. Some say all hotels are now non-smoking (Oct 2008), but that isn't true, there are still some out there.
A GOOD SLECTION
- + NEAR EVERYTHING. GOOD AND GENTLE STAFF. GOOD BREAKFAST.
- – BATHROOM SMELLS BAD.
- + No unexpected surprises
great little dutch gem!
- + Great location one street off Museumplein and one block off the tram station. The staff were very helpful and friendly in giving directions, recommendations and helpful hints.
Very nice, central location + excellent service
- + Excellent location for our needs -- quiet street, yet at a walking distance to the centre etc. + tram lines very near. Nice breakfast, very helpful staff. Internet available in the bar. Strongly recommended.
- – None -- very good for this price range.
- + Great location, helpful staff
- – Poor breakfast, no kettle in the rooom
A beautiful location!
- + This hotel had a friendly and helpful staff. Our room was lovely with a little balcony overlooking a quiet, tree-lined street. In fact, the location was the best. We were only a few minutes to the museums and Vondelpark. It was excellent!
Good hotel, clean and great location
- + The location was ideal. Easy walking distance to many sites. Located on a quiet street was nice. We had a family room which was clean and comfortable.
- + Lovely, large room. Very well kept! Good breakfast. Would absolutely recommend to anyone.
- + City is very close, old Amsterdam can be visited by walking.
- – Bit noisy (from upper room), no solution for car parking! We had parking at Museumplain it costs more than 100 Euros for 3 days!!!
- + Great room, large with balcony. Friendly staff. Nice breakfast. Good location within 3 minutes walk of a tram stop that will get you to the central station and many other major attractions within a few minutes.
- – Nothing major. Not cheap but no hotels are in Amsterdam. Shower gel dispenser in bathroom broken and the bathroom generally could have done with an update. Maid was rather early and insistent, knocking on the door at just after 10am on Sat morning which was a little soon for us after a night on the town.
- + We were very happy with the size of the room. Breakfast was fantastic. The location was great. We would definitely stay here again.
- + Friendly and helpful staff. Close to trams. Quiet street. Payment at departure.
- – No credit card payment.
- + Intimate and cosy hotel just a short walk from every thing. Quiet aera allthow it was in the town center. We will recomend it to our frends!
- + Accueil très agréable, bon emplacement à coté du Vondel Park loin de l agitation du centre ville, mais toute la ville est faisable à pieds, sinon un tram est au bout de la rue!
- – Aucun
- + Very friendly and eager to help. Nice range of coffees for breakfast.
- – Not much choice of fruit for breakfast - a fruit salad option would really finish the breakfast nicely.
- + A room in a nice part of the city.
- – Very, very ,very small the 21 I remember for 109 € it too much expensive ! I ear a lot of noise all over the night I do not recommend this hotel !
- + Great location! Friendly people, great breakfast.
- – None
- + Good facilities, clean, good breakfast, very efficient, polite and friendly staff.
- + Good location, nice breakfast.
- – Roof a bit low
- + delicious brekfast, very pleasant and nice staff, near Rijksmuseum, in walking distance from Leidseplein, large blanket
- – size of the wardrobe (40 cm wide for two people)
- + Decent location, close to trams and away from the bustle of central Amsterdam
- – Very very small room, tiny shower room. 2 people made the room very crowded. NO coffee making facilities in room. Not value for money at all
- + Very enjoyable experience.Personnel were very cooperative and helpful.
- + Familial hotel (specially for 4 persons family) Good location in a calm environment Very good breakfasts Large room
- – Small bathroom
- + Good quiet street but very easy to get to Museums and Leidensplein for restaurants.
- – Don't rely on the airport hotel collection system. The bus was 3/4 hour late collecting us for our return flight. When we asked reception they said it often was, but hadn't told us when we booked the return the day before - this would have been helpful. Had to keep asking them to call and find out what was happening.
- + Nice building in a nice looking, characteristic and quiet street, in the heart of the museum quarter.
- + Location, big room, free internet access.
- + The staff on Reception were freindly helpful and courteous always and greeted us warmly on arrival even though we arrived before official book in time our room was available. Our room was spacious and peacefull although quite chilly on the afternoon we arrived. Location was perfect for our purposes.
- – The decoration in our room was quite shabby and the furnishings sparce and faded. Also no drawers in the room at all; just generally needed some tlc.
- + Very Kind staff, great location and huge Breakfast, recommended.
- + Expensive but still cheaper than the others we found. Good location quite convenient with the tram
- – None
- + Location is nice, and the service is very good
- – If you dont want to use the elevator, the stairs are very narrow
- + The central location was fantastic and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
- + My second time here. Good location,breakfast ok. Room is small, but nice and quiet.
- – I can´t find minus points.
- + The staff were extremely helpful, especially the ladies at reception, who recommended some excellent restaurants to us. They booked the restaurants and other trips for us and nothing was too much trouble. Our room was very clean -apart from some stains on the carpet - and it was of a good size. It was plenty warm enough and the bathroom was excellent Breakfast was good, though some other choices of fruit would have been most welcome. We would certainly stay there again.
- – Stains on bedroom carpet. Poor fitting windows, when closed, which meant using pieces of paper to stop them rattling at night, when it was windy. More choice of fresh fruit for breakfast.
- + good service,peaceful neighbourhood,close to Leidesplain,close to Van Gogh museum,Rijkmuseum. Tram is right up the street.
- – had a small room,but I wasn't there much anyway and if you're in Amsterdam what the hell are you doing in a hotel room anyway?
- + Hotel located in a nice quiet area, room was clean and spacious. Hotel staff were polite and friendly.
- – Although location was nice and quiet, we found it to be a little too far out, however, there was a convenient tram stop just at the end of the street.
- + Near the museums and the Tram line
- – In general the bathroom was clean, but could be even better.
- + convenient location
- – poor bathroom - no bars of soap no tissue dispenser.
- + The area in which the hotel is situated is very pleasant, with immediate access to the Rijks Museum and the Vondel Park. The hotel itself has friendly and approachable staff, and the facilities were perfectly adequate.
- – It is a fair walk from the hotel to the real centre of Amsterdam (we found this to be a good thing). The decor in the hotel is slightly oppressive, and I have stayed in better, more centrally located hotels in Amsterdam for a lower price.
- + Located just behind the Rijksmuseum, and two blocks from the trolley stop (easy access from the central train station). Nice walk to the heart of Amsterdam. Good breakfast with a good selection (included in the price of the room). Nice staff- they were very helpful in finding for me the trolley schedule to get me to the airport.
- + Quiet location. Near the museums.(Gogh, Rijksmuseum Amsterdam)
- – Building is a little bit old.
- + Great location, clean rooms, friendly reception. Great location in a pleasant area - would be good for a couple on a break - esp if you want to stay out of the vibrant centre but have good transport links to it (20 min walk to the heart of the city and several trams within 200 yards) Also suitable for families - and probably the closest hotel to both the Rijksmuseum & Van Gogh if you are an art lover!
- – Room was uninspiring and the place seemed a bit dated - for instance the door to the room was thin and cheap.
- + The location is excellent.
- – The breakfast is a little bit poor.
- + excellent location, quiet hotel, friendly staff
- + Very near Leidesplein and its nicer than around dam square. Very helpful staff and nbear all attractions.
- – No smoking. and they need to get tea and coffee facilities in the rooms.
- + Proximity to Van Gogh Museum and Reijksmuseum. Very quiet at night - peaceful. Interesting place - would have liked to have known more about the place, but we had limited time and didn't stop to ask about the history of the place. Breakfast was quite good.
- – There was a condom wrapper on the chandelier - someone just wasn't paying attention to the details when they cleaned the room. A bit annoying - especially when our 12 year old saw it and asked what it was. Other than that - the room was fine.
- + El hotel está situado en una zona privilegiada, junto a los museos y a 15 min. andando de la plaza Dam. El desayuno buenísimo y muy completo. Muy amables. El baño con ducha y todo moderno. Nos pidieron un taxi para el día siguiente y no hubo ningún problema. La recepción está abierta las 24 horas.
- – Que no se pueda fumar en las habitaciones, pero eso es una tontería... vamos, cosa mía.
- + Lovely small hotel, great location. Good price. Breakfast was ok. Probaly taking the same hotel next time in Amsterdam.
- – Rooms are quite small but comfortable.
- + Excellent location. Rooms are as described by the hotel - no surprises. Clean, comfortable, airy rooms. Bathroom in upgraded 2-person room was very nice. Breakfast was a typical good European breakfast.
- – Only one key per room. This is inconvenient when one person is out at night and the other person wants to sleep. The sleeping person must either sleep with the door unlocked, or wake up to let in the late person.
- + Excellent location. 3-person room was as described by the hotel - no surprises. Clean, comfortable, airy. Breakfast was a typical good European breakfast. Nice place - we would definitely stay there again.
- – Door latch was broken, so door had to be locked when closed. This was particularly inconvenient because 3 people had to share one room key. Bathroom was very small.
- + Good breakfast - no cooked breakfast but plenty of breads/ croissant/jams etc. Very close to the museums and trams. It has lifts , so no dragging suitcases through the steep staircases.
- – The double room is quite small but the three people room facing the street is quite big.
- + Location is perfect. Close to most interesting points in Amsterdam, in a very quiet street
- + A lovely hotel for all the family. Great beakfast!
- + very helpful front office staff, on our early check out day they even provided a separate breakfast for us and made sure that we had a cab on time, very thoughtful
- – the room was a little stuffy
- + The hotel is cozy and closed to the main museums. The room was nice and clean.
- – The minus point is the strong bathroom's smell. I assume it was from the sewage system.
- + Friendly personnel. The hotel is easy to reach and the area is peaceful. Good public transport connections. The breakfast was fine. The bathroom was clean and tidy.
- – It was a little cold and rainy weather and my room was a bit too cool. After a little negotiation the heating was connected. The bathroom floor was ice-cold.
- + The hotel was very clean and the location was fantastic.
- – The fact that the wireless internet is only accessible in 40 minute increments for 2.50 Euros each time. It is inconvenient to have to leave your room to go to the front desk every time you need internet access codes or a phone line opened.
- + Easy access from tram. Quite location, yet centre of Amsterdam easily accessible.
- – No minus points, would stay here again.
- + The hotel is in a good location and has clean rooms and very helpful reception staff.
- – Snall bathrooms and no air conditioning.Room was hot on a muggy evening in june and the window open let in the sound of rowdy passers by, although this is fairly unusual in this location!
- + It was a lovely hotel ~ clean and neat. The hotel staff was very accommodating. The location was perfect! It was near the museums, the grocery, a wonderful restaurant and the trams. I recommend it.
- – Some nights there was considerable noise from the street. I would advise trying to get a room at the back of the hotel.
- + The hotel is situated in the Museum Qtr which is within walking distance of all major attractions and shopping. The next street along is for "window shopping", with all the top designer names! At the very most we walked 20mins directly to the Anne Frank House. The staff were friendly and helpful, our room was cleaned daily and we would definately recommend this hotel to our family/friends in future.
- + Non-smoking!!!! Everything felt fresh and clean. Good location. Friendly staff and reception open 24 hours.
- + Very serviceminded staff.Very good coffee at breakfast. Nice small bar with friendly prices. If we visit Amsterdam again, the hotel is our first choice.
- – No vegetables for breakfast. Overcooked eggs.
- + quiet, peacefull location
- – a mosquito got through, maybe some window nets a small fridge would help
- + cleanliness
- – breakfast
- + Front desk gave a good recommendation of an Indonesian restaurant around the corner from the hotel. One of our rooms was available in the morning for early check in.
- + Very good location. Many tramlines and easy to go to RAI-congress and centrum. Quiet rooms, no trafic. Main museums 3-5min walk.
- + Support to find the way in the city and taxi.
- – There was missing information about renovation of the building. It cause for us unconfortable feeling.
- + An all in one price for breakfast and local taxes. Cleanliness was a major plus for us.
- – Shower goes hot when water is drawn from other rooms.
- + We were lucky to enjoy a very spacious room which we quite enjoyed.
- – The weather was quite warm so we opened the doors to the balcony. We must have been the first ones to do so in a long while as there were two dirty plastic cups sitting on the floor.
- + Very helpful personell
- – We had Room Nr. 25 and our neighbour had turned on his music VERY loud, so that our 3 years old kid could not get to sleep until 9:30.
- + Friendly staff,great location,very quiet considering how near to centre the hotel was.
- – Carpet in one room was a bit dirty.
- + Family room was large with a nice view onto the garden.It was very clean. A nice quiet location, but near to tram stops and some major tourist attractions. Very pleasant accommodating owners/staff.
- – Bedroom/bathroom was in need of redecoration and refurbishment.It was very dated and the decor and furniture had seen better days.
- + - quiet and good location, close to the bus and tram - breakfast included in the room-price - no-smoking rooms and at the breakfast - possibility to adjust a suitable temperature in the room
- – - the breakfast could start already at 6:00 or at latest 6:30. 7:30 is too late - quite expensive cost for the use of internet for hotel guests, 2,50 Â¤/ ½ hour = the same as in the town - no vegetables on the breakfast table
- + Excellent quiet location, yet near to most major attractions and tram routes.
- – Rather thin doors, so you could hear noisy neighbours coming home late. Cigarette smoke from the bar permeated the stairwell and to some extent the rooms.
- + excellent location
- + Very exellent breakfast
- + Very friendly and helpful staff. Very nice bar. It was good to have English TV in the bedrooms. If we come to Amsterdam we will stay here again
- – The only minus point was that the double bed was actually 2 single beds pushed together - which was not very comforatable
- + The room was extremely pleasant, and the service was very helpful. The Vondelpark area south of the museumplein was pretty much outside the tourist area and was most appreciated, yet the hotel is still conveniently located for trams and canals. Will definitely consider staying at Hotel Aalder again.
- – Double bed was actually two twins pushed together, and there were no coffee/tea making provision in rooms--both things English visitors expect (however rare they may be in Holland). Noisy guests returning at 3.00 am woke my wife.
- + The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and spacious for four people. Nice quiet location at night - especially as we had children, but still handy for trams, canal trips and range of restaurants. Maid service was very good.
- – It would have been nice to be able to adjust heating , as it was a little warm at night.
- + Very friendly and helpful staff. Great location - quiet street, but still just minutes' walk from the sights, and also just off a tram route, so easy connection to Amsterdam CS. Lovely room with a balcony overlooking gardens. Nice to have a couple of English channels (out of the available 24) on the TV too.
- + Excellent location, very helpfull staff, good breakfast
- – small room, unventilated bathroom, small bathroom (no place to dry the towels)
- + a little and comfort hotel
- + A great hotel in a great location. It is worth staying a little ways out of the centre because it is right in the museum quarter and is quiet and beautiful, no riff raff here. And for 135Â¤ for a quad, a bargain! I will be staying here again. It is clean and nice and a good price in a great location, enough said!
- – The only minus points I can express are the very dingy and dirty carpet (all hotels under 300Â¤ have dirty carpets though, in Amsterdam) and the breakfast. I just always wear my shoes. And, I would be happy to pay another 5-10Â¤ per person to receive a proper breakfast with fresh foods and fruit, not powdered orange juice and smelly milk. Of course the bathroom is the size of a small closet, so that kind of sucks, but for a day or two, it is fine.
- – in england most hotel rooms have a coffee/tea making facility in each room we would have appreciated a kettle for boiling water
- + Pleasant rooms, good value for money.
- + Everybody in the hotel was extremely warm and charming.
- – Fresh squeezed orange juice instead of that power-prepared one would had been very appreciated
- + Situated in a nice quiet patr of Amsterdam, but still close enough to the main tourist attractions.
- – A little expensive.
- + very friendly and helpful staff
- – room was too hot - no way to regulate the radiators
- + The cleaning and make up of the room during our breakfast,very good. Friendly staff
- – The size of the room. It was too small.
- + Location, friendly staff very clean room and a very good breakfast. We intend to stay with you again.
- – No minus points
- + The hotel was clean; the en-suite bathroom immaculate. The breakfast room was nice and the continental breakfast was fairly substantial, with toast, hard-boiled eggs, ham, juice, coffee, etc. available.
- – One of the museums I wanted to see, the Stedelijk Museum, had temporarily relocated to a new space near the Central Station (and did not have any of its permament collection on display). Had I known this, I may have booked elsewhere. But the hotel is very close to the Van Gogh and Rijks museums. Also, my single room was VERY small, and on the first floor with a patio door, which felt a little unsafe.
- + Nice little rooms. Beautifully furnished. Very friendly staff. I would stay here again
- – The heater wasn't workling properly. i would call the reception and they would fix it for a while, but then again it would stop working. Thank god it wasn't that cold during my stay.
- + Everything was perfect. I fell in love with the city. Thank you very much. See you in April:)
- + Very nice location. Quiet and close to tram lines. Free wireless connection.
- – Small bed. Single room is very small.
- + The building is well maintained and the dining room is lovely, especially the fireplace and the wall panelling. Well located and close to the City centre.
- – The bathroom and shower worked well, but there was a bit of a sewer smell from the toilet, this seems to be at most hotels in Amsterdam. Age of the sewerage system? We purchased a "toilet duck" that you hang in the bowl to improve it, but the hotel may want to do this.
- + Great location - safe, quiet, tree lined street only one block from major museums and very close to tram stop. Has a lift!
- – Pillows where flat and cigarette burn on one quilt cover. Expensive compared to Munich - but all accomodation is expensive in Amsterdam
- + It was possible to check out after just 2 nights so I could get my mother back to the UK to be examined for her ribs. The morning breakfast was excellent.
- – The step into the bathroom caused my mother to fall & crack several ribs (which we learned about in the UK when we got her to the hospital). I told the person at the desk the day it happened that perhaps they should put a sign up saying watch your step. The room could have used a ceiling fan to circulate the air - it was quite warm.
- + For the price this hotel exceeded our expectations. It was clean, non-smoking and the room was much larger than we expected. The staff was quite helpful and we are looking forward to booking the Hotel Aalders again the next time we visit Amsterdam.
- – There were no minus points.
- + located centrally
- – just one Toaster for all guests
- – in the room wasn’t soap
- + lovely staff
- – none
- – My single room was far too small to move. It was even difficult to access the bathroom. If such a small room is to be used (it was barely larger than a cupboard) the bed should fold away into the wall, as in Japanese hotels.
- + Great, quiet location and a superb base for walking round Amsterdam. Staff were lovely and very helpful.
- + Friendly staff; some interesting tourist info available (e,g. we had a discounted Canal Trip from near Leidseplein using a card from the hotel); quietness of hotel was a big plus, as was proximity to tram stops (esp with young children).
- + Small and friendly; great location; great breakfast
- + Our room was fased to a very bautiful garden. The hotel situation is excellent near Museumsplein.
- – I´d have preferred more items on breakfast like vegetables and more soft fat containing sausages and cheese.
- + Perfect location -- easy walk to the tram line, great museums, parks, canals, food, and shopping. Good breakfast and a nice room with a balcony.
- – Price, but I'll blame that on the US$/Euro exchange rate.
- + The front office staff was very helpful I had a working vacation and needed to use the wireless internet, which sometime was not working. The staff always helped me to stay "connected" and that was very much appreciated. I will stay with this hotel again. Loved the location.
- + Very good hotel located in the heart of the museum's quart yet very quiet. We would recommend it to families - they have quad rooms. The price is affordable and is moderate for Amsterdam. Breakfast is also delicious.
- + We loved the location. The breakfast was fabulous and the breakfast room wonderful. It's so noce to stay in a hotel that has kept the historic character of the original building.
- + Location was really convenient especially with children
- + The quiet neighborhood location was very positive, AND we were just steps to the tram stop which allowed us the freedom to explore the entire city. We stayed 4 extra nights! We even returned back to Aalders after missing our flight back to the states. If we were going to be "stuck" in Amsterdam, we wanted to be comfortable and able to enjoy the city for one last evening.
- – I was surprised they allowed smoking in the bar. I was under the impression this was a totally non-smoking facility. That being said, I could not detect any smoke odor in my room.
- – the bed was to soft, maybe to old.
- + Very friendly and efficient staff both at reception and in dining room.
- – Room and en suite very small
- + Great location, friendly staff
- + Good attitude of staff, exelent location.
- – Prices.
- + The BIG plus point was the service. Everyone at the hotel was excellent. They gave excellent tips on where to eat. What to see etc.
- – The only minus point I can think to mention is the bed. It took a little getting used to sleeping so close to the floor. But the bed was comfortable.
- + The breakfast was good and the staff were helpful and friendly and the price for a shared room for 4 people was very reasonable!
- – The beds weren't great, a bit like hospital beds but we all slept OK.
- + Good location.
- – Dark room at the back of the building in the basement. It seems they have built a bedroom where there was a corridor connecting the hotel with the back garden. Old mattress & furniture. No value for money.
- + Can't beat the location, 2 minute walk to the Museums and parks, transportation or the canal busses. Staff was fantasic and liked the fact that you had to ring to get into hotel, felt very safe. Would stay there next time I go to A'dam.
- – Single room was very small and had a glass door that led to shared back yard, no windows or fan for some air.
- – bathroom without aeration
- + Das Frühstück im schönen Frühstücksraum.
- – Uns ist während unseres Aufenthaltes nichts schlimmes aufgefallen
- * my tip Ja, das übernachten in Ihrem Hotel und ein gemütlichen Abend im Restaurant Haesje Claes
Zeer net hotel
- + Schone en ruime kamer.Alles op loopafstand. Leuk en vriendelijk personeel
- – Helaas geen hapjes bij een drankje
- * my tip Zitten volop leuke zaken op loopafstand. O.a. Blushing en die hebben heerlijke koffie
- + De ligging was gunstig t.o v het Rijksmuseum en de winkels
- – Badkamer erg gedateerd. Alleen handdoeken aanwezig. Het hele hotel kan wel een opknap beurt gebruiken..
- + Ligging en opties om je koffer achter te laten gedurende de terugreisdag
- – Parkeergelegenheid. Ik heb het hotel uitgezocht op parkeermogelijkheden. Er wordt geadverteerd met Valet Parking. Ging er vanuit dat dit betekent dat je je sleutel afgeeft en dus je parkeerprobleem opgelost is. Opzet is echter dat je je auto moet parkeren en een parkeerticket moet kopen voor 1 uur en je auto dan opgepikt wordt. Dit lost het parkeerprobleem mijns inziens niet op. Overigens wel binnen 15 min parkeerplaats gevonden (achteraf).
Fijn hotel vlakbij het museumplein
- + Sfeervol oud pand. Zeer viendelijk en hulpvaardig personeel. Een heerlijk ontbijtje in een wederom sfeervolle eetzaal met een geweldige kroonluchter we voelden ons er meteen thuis Fijn dat je op de dag van vertrek je koffers nog mag laten staan, zo kun je nog een dagje extra in Amsterdam genieten.
- * my tip Hotel Aalders ligt op 5 minuten loopafstand van het Museumplein. Wij hebben s morgen extra vroeg ontbeten (kan vanaf 7 uur) en stonden om 9 uur op de stoep van het Rijksmuseum. Het was er -toen nog- heerlijk rustig. Een aanrader
uitstekend, keurig net, prettige accomodatie, geen minpunten ontdekt
- + kamer was fijn, personeel behulpzaam en vriendelijk, ontbijt keurig compleet verzorgd. mooi hotel in mooi authentiek pand op toplocatie.geen massahotel, toch kleinschalig wat gemoedelijker is. valid parking werkt prima en niet te duur
- – eigenlijk niets aan te merken op ons verblijf. we waren met 4 op 4 persoons kamer beneden met tuindeuren, heerlijk, alleen snachts kon je dan geen raampje open zetten, dus hebben we de tuindeur op een kier gezet om wat lucht te krijgen. maar de tuin is goed afgesloten dus wel veilig
- * my tip je zit overal dicht bij op loopafstand dus.Amsterdam is gewoon heerlijk toeven voor ieder wat wils
een goed en vriendelijke hotel
- + centraal gelegen
- – parkeren
sfeervol hotel, zéér centraal gelegen en een voortreffelijk ontbijt.
- + sfeervol hotel, in een rustige straat. perfect gelegen en op loopafstand van musea en concertgebouw van wereldnivo. Een uitstekend ontbijt en nederlands gesproken!
- – geen
- * my tip goed en betaalbaar restaurant "van Bearle" aan de van Bearlestraat.
uitstekend hotel een aanrader
- + goed ontbijt en goede service een aanrader voor wie naar amsterdam gaat .
We waardeerden de goede service en het mooie hotel.
- + Vriendelijk personeel en ontbijt was goed geregeld.
- – Je zit een beetje met het parkeren van de auto. Das het enigste
- * my tip Alles is er. Het is een gezellige kamer. Als je een beetje van het oude Amsterdam houd is dit zeker een hotel wat je mooi gaat vinden. Vlakbij het centrum. Zeker een aanrader
- * my tip auto parkeren in P+R olympisch stadion. met tram binnen 10 minuten op museumplein.
Prima hotel, zeer geschikt in combinatie met Rijksmuseum.
- + Prima hotel in combinatie met Rijksmuseum.
- – Matrassen zijn aan vernieuwing toe.
- * my tip Combinatie met Rijksmuseum.
Prima gelegen hotel in karakteristiek pand.
- + Perfecte ligging. klantvriendelijk personeel. Goed ontbijt. Schoon.
- – Zit in een oud karakteristiek pand daardoor gehorig.
- * my tip Niets speciaals meer dan keus genoeg in de omgeving.
- + Prima ligging, rustig. Alles piekfijn in orde.
- – geen
Zeer goed verzorgd hotel met vriendelijke personeel
- + Zeer vriendelijke en behulpzaam personeel, ontbijtbuffet zeer goed verzorg en ruime keuze fijne bedden.
- – De kamers waren sober en zonder airco.
- * my tip Vlak bij op mogen honderd meter verwijderd van museums en pc hoofdstraat toplokatie om Amsterdam te ontdekken
Ruime kamer,goed verzorgd, een aanrader.
- + Zeer centraal, ruime kamer en goed verzorgd.
- – Geen minpunten.
- * my tip Op wandelafstand van veel bezienswaardigheden.
prima hotel op top locatie
- + prima ontbijt, goede bedden en leuk personeel
- * my tip goed Ethiopisch restaurant in de buurt
Prima prijs kwaliteit
- + Goed ontbijt Prima locatie
- + Literie très confortable,chambre spacieuse ,très claire et très calme (chambre 28). Petits déjeuners en buffet généreux.
- * my tip Situé à 2 pas des musées,dans une jolis rue calme.
- + Lage
Een sfeervol hotel met vriendelijke service centraal gelegen.
- + Leuk sfeervol hotel, vriendelijke service, schone kamer.
- – Douchecabine onpractisch, glazen zijwand wel mooi maar schadegevoelig doordat handdoekrek er tegen aan slaat. gemis van een of meerder kleerhaken. Defecte kamerlamp. Teleurstellend dat ik mijn enige ochtend koffie moest betalen.
- * my tip Winkelstraten, musea in de buurt.
- + Geweldige locatie bij veel musea! Mooi oud pand
- * my tip Wij hebben bij een oost Afrikaans restaurant gegeten, heerlijk heerlijk. Met pannenkoeken en/of met je handen. Een aanrader
Een aangenaam hotel met persoonlijke aandacht voor jouw als gast.
- + We zijn al voor de vijfde keer naar dit hotel gegaan. Dat zegt al genoeg. Deze keer kregen we zelfs een grotere kamer. Zomaar. Dat was heel prettig. De locatie is geweldig. Rustige straat, vlakbij het Museumplein. Het hotel zelf is een aangenaam hotel met een persoonlijke sfeer. Niet dat zakelijke wat je vaak in andere hotels ziet. Wij komen zeker volgend jaar weer in dit hotel
- – De kamer die we hadden kon wel een likje verf gebruiken. Het toilet stonk een beetje.
mooi locatie voor een mooi prijs
Heel goed hotel op een goede locatie t.o.v het centrum
- + prima ligging,vriendelijk personeel ,koffers kun je in bewaring geven als je op de dag van vertrek de stad nog even in wil. Dit hotel is in alle opzichten een aanrader.
- – geen
- * my tip Auto op de p+r parkeren van het World Fashion Centre. Altijd plaats zonder wachttijden.
Een gastvrij, behulpzaam, schoon, centraal gelegen familiehotel.
- + Ligging omgang met gasten inclusief lekker ontbijt
- – geen verschil in dikte van kussens
Goed hotel en fijn "Amsterdams" personeel.
- + Sympathiek personeel en meegaand in alle specifieke wensen
- * my tip Centraal gelegen aan de grachtengordel, perfect om Amsterdam zijn nachtleven te genieten.
- + warme ontvangst, vriendelijk personeel.
Fijn hotel, vriendelijk personeel, schone kamer, prima ontbijt.
- + Fijn hotel, vriendelijk personeel, nette kamer/badkamer en uitstekend ontbijt.
- + Quartier calme Bon acceuil, bonnes infos, avec le sourire! Bons petit-déjeuners Propre Wifi
- – Les matelas à ressort
centraal gelegen t.o.v. musea en concertgebouw in rustige straat
- + Super locatie, erg vriendelijk etc. etc.
- – geen.
Für den individuellen Geschmack
- + Was für ein charmantes und freundliches Hotel!
- + leuke locatie. gemakkelijk bereikbaar per tram,duidelijk aangegeven. kamer netjes met klein balkon en open slaande deuren.Heel vriendelijk personeel.
- – bed wat klein.ontbijt eenvoudig.
Vriendelijk hotel op mooie locatie
- + Vriendelijk personeel; mooie locatie; goed ontbijtbuffet
- – Krappe badkamer
- + vriendelijke ontvangst, goede ligging
- + De erg nette badkamer.
- + De ligging is zeer rustig. Het ontbijt is lekker en goed verzorgd. Zeer vriendelijk personeel. Schone en grote kamer ( 20 familiekamer). Na het uitchecken kun je de koffers/tassen nog kosteloos daar laten zodat je zonder bagage nog Amsterdam in kunt. We zijn heel tevreden.
- – De ontbijtzaal is niet al te groot en was best druk zodat de privacy wel wat weinig was.
- + Erg vriendelijk personeel met amsterdamse humor. Centrale ligging op een heerlijk rustige plek.
- – Kapokkussens
Hier kom ik terug!
- + Prima service! goed ontbijt, zeer goede ligging, vriendelijke bediening
- – de matrassen zijn aan vervanging toe
Top Lage, top Preis! Uneingeschränkt empfehlenswert!
- + Spitzenlage: in wenigen Minuten am Rijksmuseum, van Gogh Museum (quasi gegenüber)und Concertgebouw und Leidseplein Sehr ruhig, da in Seitenstraße
Eeen prima familie hotel op uitstekende locatie voor bezoeken musea
fijn en goed hotel
- + Erg aardig personeel. Vooral het ontbijt personeel.
- + Vriendelijk en behulpzaam
- * my tip Parkeer je auto bij de P+R bij het olympisch stadion. Parkeren voor de deur is duur.
- + goed ontbijt
Comfortabel verblijf voor een stedentrip!
- + Super locatie, achter de PC en dichtbij het Leidseplein en Vondelpark. Vriendelijk ontvangst, Van een lekker ontbijt genoten in de erker in de zon. Zeer vriendelijke ober die allerlei wetenswaardigheden vertelde. We komen graag nog eens terug!
Gute zentrale Unterkunft
Goed hotel vlakbij Museumplein
- + Prima ontbijt in een gezellige ontbijtruimte met uitzicht op fraaie bomen, zeker als je aan het raam kunt zitten. Prettige bediening. De rustige ligging, een lommerrijke straat met weinig verkeer, en ook nog vlakbij het Museumplein en de Grachtengordel, is zeker een pluspunt.
- – De doucheruimte is weliswaar klein, maar de douche is zeer goed.
Prima hotel in de binnenstad
- + Goede bedden, uitgebreid ontbijt. 24-uur open. Rustige ligging.
gemoedelijk en gastvrij hotel
- + Heerlijk rustige locatie en toch midden in centrum. Vriendelijk en behulpzaam personeel en een heerlijk ontbijt
Aangenaam, vlot, een aanrader
Gutes Hotel in zentraler Lager
- + zentrale Lage, totzdem ruhig, gutes Frühstück, freundliches, hilfsbereites Personal
- – hoher Preis für kleines Zimmer
A ideal hotel for a friendly trip in Dam
Prima adres voor bezoekje aan onze hoofdstad
- + - de ligging is uitstekend
- – - het personeel zou zich iets gastvrijer mogen opstellen
perfecte locatie met zeer vriendelijk personeel
- + Zeer vriendelijk en behulpzaam personeel
Rustig, goede locatie, wel meer aanpassing aan eisen moderne mens.
- + Rustige straat op goede locatie. Ruime 4-persoonskamer. Vriendelijk personeel.
- – Te krappe doucheruimte voor 4 personen. Kamers mogen wel wat opgepimpt worden. Ontbijt wat gewoontjes, met het bekende te hard gekookt eitje, de plakjes ham en kaas als beleg. Geen lekkere (te lauwe) koffie. Huurfietsen aan de dure kant. Moest meteen contant worden afgerekend.
prima plek, prima service
- + zeer centrale ligging, rustige ligging
- – lawaaierige waterleidingen
Toplocatie! Echt Amsterdam!
- + gratis upgrade naar ruimere kamer
- – geen
- + zeer gunstige lokatie, mooi pand, rustige straat, makkelijk bereikbaar, niet duur, ontbijt goed verzorgd, vriendelijk personeel.
- – geen
prima locatie, huiselijke sfeer
- + Vriendelijke ontvangst en prima service