- Score: 6.9 / 10 Score of 676 reviews
All reviews are completed by our guests after their stay at the hotel Hotel Vijaya Amsterdam.
Great for my visit
- + Location close to Amsterdam center and minutes walk to the train station. Friendly enough staff.
- – Noise at night which is to be expected form the location.
Cheap and good location
- + Great location, about 10 min to main station by foot.
- – Bad old windows that don t protect from outside noise and there is a lot, at all. Earplugs for sleeping are a must.
Recommended by a friend, really happy with or visit
- + Friendliness of staff, location, price.
- – Nothing
- * my tip Go out and explore, the hotel is a perfect place to start, helpful stuff and a warm welcome, they give good directions and positive useful information.
perfect location good value
- + Great location in red light district 24 hour reception and frienly staff
- – Not the cleanest maybe not great for couples if your used to nice hotels but excellent for the price
- * my tip Great if you want a base in the middle of the action I would reconend for smokers although you cant smoke ib room does have a smoking area
- + Decent, central location Clean towels
- – Mouldy bathroom. Noisy guests. Knackered beds. Stunk of bleach. Shabby condition of room - chipped paint, holes in walls etc Dropped something which rolled under the bed. As soon as I put my hand under there, I decided I didn t want it back. Forced to hand in keys whenever you leave the hotel.
- * my tip Unless you re on a stag break and just need somewhere to pass out, stay somewhere else.
Cheap is cheap
- + Location close to station . Warm heating
- – Dirty beds hairs. Dirty under bed. Noise . Boring breakfast
great hotel with really cool stairs.
- + cheap, and good location.
- – not that i go on holiday to watch tv, but the tvs are terrible, dont the dutch have digital yet??
- * my tip go and buy a chicken burger from snack king over the road.
great budget hotel in red light area.
- + great location, 24 hour reception. always plenty of hot water.
- * my tip go buy yourself a chicken burger from snack king over the road.
great budget hotel in red light area.
- + great price, great location, breakfast aint bad either.
- – loud part of the city so lots of noise outside but this is hardly the hotels fault. but fussy sleepers might want to invest in some earplugs.
- * my tip go to snack king down the alley opposite the hotel and order yourself a chicken burger. it is the best use of 3 euros you will have in amsterdam.
It is a pleasant hotel in a pleasant place.
- + Frendly stuff,excellent location.
- – A bit noisy, but it didn't disturb us.
- * my tip There are lot of famous pubs near the hotel.Old sailor,Buldog,etc.....
Fit for Purpose
- – Poor breakfast, smelly corridors, damaged sheets
great budget hotel in red light area.
- + great location, easy to get to everywhere. good price for single rooms with your own shower etc. 24 hour reception is good too. breakfast aint bad neither.
- – i had the single room where the shower is over the hall, its still only used by you but not as good as having it in the room, also the shower head wasnt in a fitting as the wall fitting was broken, not to bad though as its easy to hold the shower head and rest over the taps when you want to lather up.
- * my tip go and buy a chicken burger from snack king down the alley opposite, only 3 euros.and tastes way better than mcdonalds.
Long weekend in Amsterdam on a budget price
- + Location of the hotel and the staff there was excellent! Room was worn-out but clean.
- – Very steep stairs upstairs. The clang of the nearby church´s bell might disturb.
- + nice staff if i visit amsterdam again i choose the same hotel
A good location Hotel with a beautiful view of cannal
- * my tip Very good and accessible location Very polite, good and friendly staff
a fine hotel for the money in a great location.
- + good location if you want to be in the middle of amsterdam red light area, and easy to travel to other places from it too. cheap price for comfy room with own bathroom/toilet. 24 hour reception so dont have to worry about carrying keys around.
- – quite a loud area due to location but this is hardly the hotels fault. trying to navigate your way to the room number is always a fun challenge, so not really a bad point afterall.
- * my tip snack king over the road do amazing chicken burgers at 3 euros each. thats all i eat during my stay.
Nice hotel for the price.
- + Location. Clean linen. Ample hot water. Very good place to stay when on a budget.
- – Because the hotel has bars and coffee shops nearby, it is noisy till wee hours of the morning if you happen to have a room facing the street.
Good location small room
- + The location is quite good just a few minutes walk from the station Although in the red light area, it's quite safe, I walked in the evening and went back hotel safely. View is good facing canal.
- – The room is small. Toilet hard to sit down without turning your body. No lift and narrow aisle but generally easy to walk compare to some other hotels in Amsterdam with high and steep stairs.
- – It was VERY noisy so we didn't get much sleep. The spiral stairs are extremely steep so very difficult to carry large suitcases up them. No room to sit normally on toilet.
- + Excellent location, great value for money
- * my tip In the heart of the red light area
Not a great experience
- + None
- – The hotel was very over priced for what it was, We ordered a 3 bed room and paid for a 3 bed room but only got a 2 bed room so our friend had to go elsewhere which wasn't impressive at all even though we still paid the 3 bed price
- * my tip If your wanting a hotel in the middle of the red light area it's ok but if your wanting a quality hotel then look elsewhere
Good friendly hotel, central to everything
- + nice breakfast,
Good balance of economy and comforst to satisfy basic needs
- + For a short visit in Amsterdam the location of this hotel is very good, because you can reach many sights by walking. It is not luxurious, but serves to fulfill the basic needs of bed, breakfast and friendly service.
- – The deep stairs could be a problem if you have a health problem!
Mediocre; not friendly.
- + Great, convenient location to Amsterdam Centraal; and for touring around. Nice breakfast. Clean.
- – This was my second visit. Very, very disappointed that wifi did not work in my room, nor did the TV. Staff seemed surprised wifi did not work in my room - like they didn't know before. Staff were not overly friendly, and certainly not thankful for my business. Likely will not go back. There are likely friendlier hotels in the city.
- * my tip Inquire if your tv and wifi will work in your room. I was on an upper floor where staff told me that wifi would not likely work!! Too bad they don't explain that in their promotions.
You get what you pay for
- + Great location a short walk from Centraal Station and right in the heart of the red light district. Good price.
- – Tiny room, free breakfast is off-site at a restraunt they own and I never found.
- * my tip Just a place to crash really. Wouldn't recommend if you plan on spending a lot of time in your room.
good hotel in red light area with private toilet/shower at good price.
- + very good location for red light district. 24 hour reception. comfy bed, tv worked ok.
- – i had one of the few rooms where the shower/toilet is across the hall. not a terrible thing but i do like convenience, and this is abit of a pain.
- * my tip treat yourself to a chicken burger from snack king just down the alley way opposite the hotel. they are amazing burgers.
Would highly recommend!
- + Basic room, clean, comfortable and great location. Helpful staff and a big thumbs up for my first trip to Amsterdam :)
- – Very steep stairs going up to our room on top floor, not really a minus point, but be prepared to have strong leg muscles!
Excellent for stag weekends
- + Excellent hotel for a group of boys on a stag weekend.
- – Not for families
Great Location and Good Value
- + 24hr reception and great location.
Could be Perfect... But it's not.
- + Location location location!!! friendly staff! good breakfast! Restaurant Vijaya was great. loved the food and the place and had a great promotion for people staying at the hotel. mattress was kinda on the soft-ish side but great rooms and private showers...
- – FLEAS, i was bitten all over the place. the rooms were poorly cleaned, you could see trash under the mat close to the door... there were always clean towels everyday and the WC was neatly cleaned... but that's as clean as it gets. internet was not working.
- * my tip make sure your room gets cleaned... and ask for clean sheets.
Good cheap hotel
- + Clean, great location & relatively cheap.
- – Bed was not comfortable.
GET AWAY FROM THE RLD!!!!
- + The people that work there are nice, however they do not keep up with when you are in your room or not.
- – It is very run down, much like everything in the RLD. I would suggest to anybody going to amsterdam, stay outside of the RLD.
- * my tip Basically, if you go to the RLD do not talk to anyone that looks like a street dealer. Shady black guys you should always stay away from, they will rob you...the same goes with the mafia type white guys. If anyone tries to talk to you or act friendly, they are a very BAD person. And if you do get robbed it will most likely be at knife point and the police will not doing anything about it, except maybe laugh at your misfortune. Horrible place, horrible people, horrible city.
clean,well located and good value for money
Perfectly located hotel.
- + Location! Perfectly located. Staff are great and readily give information
- – No lifts and narrow stairs. Can get pretty noisy from the street as well as from the rooms next door. Otherwise ok
Clean hotel for a budget price
A Hotel right in the center of everything.
- + The Hotel is 5 minutes walke from the trainstation. Almost everything is in a walk-distance from the Hotel. It's cheap to stay at the hotel - so if you adjust your expectations it's a good hotel, taken the price in consideration.
good location, clean beds but too expensive
- + very convenient and central location for Amsterdam city centre; many tourist attractions within easy walking distance of hotel; clean beds; hotel staffed 24hours;
- – Despite its central location, the rooms are too expensive for the quality of hotel.
- + All was perfect. I cannot tell more.
- + Excellent location, have used Hotel at least 6 times now. Would recommend to groups or couples. Never had a problem stopping here.
- – If you are fussy and expect a 3 or 4 star hotel , look for one as you get what you pay for.
Good budget hotel, Very centrally located.
- + Very central hotel, basic but clean room, with private shower and WC. There is a good bar (Trinity bar) below the hotel. A good sized breakfast room and a decent continental breakfast.
- – Steep stairs as all hotels here have. A little noisy at night, but to be expected for the area.
Great Red Light District hotel for groups on a budget
- + This hotel is in a great location at the very edge of the red light district. A bar next door with outdoor seating, a relatively quiet street makes this a great meeting point for groups staying at the hotel.
- – Small rooms, very very basic (but clean). Breakfast is only served for a few hours, we missed this opportunity every day. Breakfast is not full English!
cosy, easy to reach & nice
If you want to be in the middle of everything, this could be your pick
- + Friendly. Good breakfast. Free WiFi. GREAT location.
- – Not the latest and greatest, but the pricing is right on the money.
Feel at home in Bruges
- + Staff friendly and knowledgeable; quiet location;
amsterdam on the budget
great budget B&B hotel in the red light district
- + friendly staff, good service and guidance, great room for the price, decent breakfast (bread, jam/butter, cutlets, cheese, tea/coffee, orange juice, milk, cereal), very good cleaning done with the bathrooms
- – noisy neighbourhood in the night between 2 pm - 2 am every night, because many "coffee shops" and pubs around, this hotel is not suitable for the disabled (no lift, steps also to the entrance)
Wonderfully located budget hotel.
- + Location, price, friendly and responsive staff.
- – Extractor broken in bathroom.
Cheap hotel good location
fun weekend in amsterdam.
- + excellent location, staff very friendly and helpfull.
great location cheap hotel
- + great loacation if you are in amsterdam for fun. 24 hour reception so you can come and go as you please. good prices.
- – my tv was hardly watchable due to bad tuning, i know i shouldnt be on holiday to watch tv, but thats besides the point. lot of noise from bar below, but that is to be expected with the loacation so i dont mind that.
Budget Amsterdam near centraal station
- + location location location, good breakfast
- + Good breakfast.Excellent location.
- – Charge plus if you pay by credit card.
- + Location, cleanliness and price,
- – none
- + Nice stuff, very friendly, close to coffee shops
- – Not so clean, walls were extremely dirty. The rooms are so cold. hard to sleep
Fine for lad's holiday, wouldn't stop there with the misses
- + Hotel is cheap and very close to all the coffee shops, bars and night life
- – None smoking room, beds were a bit poor and the window had an inch gap between it and the cill so there was a draft, quite noisy location but we had 5 man room for a group of lads get smashed all weekend so it was what to expect for the price
budget hotel in the centre of Amsterdam
- + For 40 euro you can't expect a luxury hotel, which it isn't. Here you stay for a night and on a budget. 24 hour reception Includes breakfast. (Nice coffee) City centre location
- – Rooms are very small, but as I mentioned. The price makes up for that.
Cheap & clean, but better can be had for the money
- + Good location, Cheap
- – Very noisy, terrible bed, bad TV reception
Not A Place to stay if you have a problem
- + Breakfast was good.
- – No problem solving. The second day I was there, the person who cleaned my room accidentally took my nightgown out with the laundry. I tried for three days to resolve this problem and never succeeded. They started by denying that it happened, then said they could do nothing until the manager got back and he was away for the holidays. When you lose something belonging to a customer, you need to replace it or provide financial compensation. It wasn't that they lost it, this can happen, but I was annoyed that they made no attempt to fix the problem. I will not stay there again or recommend this hotel to anyone because of this problem.
Hotel in great location absolutely worth the prize
- + location Prize Service
- – no heating in the bathroom
- + La posizione,la colazione e il bagno in stanza
- – L'accoglienza un po fredda,le solite scale ripidissime,un po trasandato,un po sospettosi di notte
Cheap and OK hotel to stay for a few days in Amsterdam
great location cheap hotel
- + you get a room with shower and toilet, and breaksfast all for one of the lowest prices in dam, not to mention you are practically on the red light district, 24 hour reception, so you dont have to carry any keys around either
- – shower broken, also i got one of the rooms where the shower and toilet is across the hall, although you arent sharing with anyone it is still abit annoying having to keep going across .
Good value hotel in a great location. Would recommend.
- + comfortable bed. Good service. Good location. Good price.
- – TV wasn't great and the remote control didn't work. The window did not close properly and the room therefore was not as warm as it should have been.
- + Goood welcome guy was good arrived @hotel 10:30 guy said no single beds so got double no exta cost as amsterdam room was very clean breakfast was ok
- – cat fault anything really apart from kamasutra restaurant food was really poor ended not finishing cost 28 pound guy said was with discount as was saying at hotel but didnt think so...
A good place to stay when in A'dam
- + This was my second stay at the hotel. The staff is friendly, keeping the location in mind the rooms are surprisingly quiet.
- – No croissants ;) There's a lot of steep stairs and no elevator, so it's not ideal for everyone.
- – If you would like to pay by Visa card, the reception will charge extra 3 %.
Very good for a few days
- + Very clean room, gentle personnel, very close to the city center and central train station
- – Small room
A tidy and well-kept hotel, but in a noisy location.
- + Staff were helpful and friendly (they relocated me to a room on a lower floor at my request). Although service was sometimes inconspicuous, everything that needed doing was done well. Breakfast was typical Dutch including ham, cheese and boiled eggs, and the tea was good English tea! The whole building was clean (I didn't see any nasty bugs). The offer of a discount for meals in the adjoining Indian restaurant could be attractive to many, although I didn't try it. For those who like historic sights, the hotel is two doors from the Amstelkring museum (formerly a secret Catholic place of worship) and a couple of hundred metres from the Oude Kerk.
- – The location just up the road from the Red Light District is very noisy indeed, not just at weekends but every night. Wouldn't suit everybody, although some of the younger guests seemed keen to take advantage of the "facilities". Fine if you don't mind staying out till 3 a.m. when the street noise starts to calm down. As the hotel is a typical Dutch canalside house, it has steep staircases and no lift. Impossible for disabled guests, and I found the stairs quite challenging. Nearest public transport is nearly half a mile away, and I don't know whether you can order a taxi to the front door.
Perfect little RLD Hotel
- + A perfect little RLD hotel. Great location and a perfectly acceptable single room.......and the bonus of a private wc/shower in a unit right across the corridor from the room
- – None at all......
fair bargain hotel near Centraal station, in the Red light
- + good price, location 10 min walk from Centraal , decent breakfast, nice staff, in the Red Light but felt very safe and secure, grocery and laundry near by, restaurants, etc. all in all even with its minues I would consider staying here again
- – no lift, steep spriral staircase, not for the elderly or disabled ? I did fine though; unshared bathroom across hall in sep. locked room, noisy at night until late but what do you expect you are in the middle of the Red Light; many drug dealers on streets near hotel offered me harder than coffee shop goods, very annoying, but I seem to attract them, lucky me.. beware? maybe no problems for you, I hope
Good Location...but may have to pay elsewhere...
- + Location is d definite plus plus..Price is not too bad depending on what time you book the hotel at?
- – When we went...d bed broke on first night. The shower was broken (Apparantely known to the owners), but no effort was taken to fix it. No discounts given later on to compensate.
Dank u wel voor zo lekker hotel!
cheap and cheerful
- + great location for the red light district, good price.
- – room was allmost street level, very loud and noise, window can be seen into very easily from the street. not very private. there was a mouse, but it was cute.
Good location, friendly, cheap and cheerful!
- + Good location, close to the sation. Very Helpul Staff. Good continental breakfast.
- – Steep stairs, not good if you are infirm. Decor dated.
great little hotel
- + the hotel was excellent, the staff were exceptional and looked after us . continential breakfast was as good as any other restrauant or hotel. this was our second stay and we plan on returning to this hotel again..
- – none.
- + Price is reasonable Great Location. Comfortable.
- – Floor a little dirty. Window wouldn't close Hole in bottom of the shower
Only good thing about this hotel was the bed.
- + Location, Bed
- – Broken window, felt like it would fall at anytime and injure myself or my partner. Could even smell the aroma from the kitchen which was offputting as the smell would fill your room. Asked for it to be looked at or even fixed but nothing. Fan in room looked like it hadn't been cleaned in god knows how long so it wasnt used at all. After staying 1 night my partner started getting huge spots on her arms and after returning home, seeing someone about it turns out their insect bite marks.
A reasonable price to pay
- + very central for a short break, the staff were friendly and helpful. The price was good for budget travellers
- – The pressure of the water was not very good for a quick shower.
Good hotel at budget prices
- + Location is excellent if you don't mind being in the red light district. had to single rooms booked but were told they were not available when we arrived so were upgraded to a twin room each at no extra cost, overlooked canal which was good. the twin rooms are a lot better than the the single rooms i have stayed at before. i have paid double for a lot worse in amsterdam.
- – none for the price
What you need in a bad environment
- + Good staf, serviceminded and friendley
- – Lack of vegetables for breakfast. Smell of marjuahna both day and night in the room from the out side. Allso too mutch noice from paty people out side.
Matched my expectations.. which werent much.
- + free wifi into my room.
- – stairs.. uff.
- + In the heart of the red light district. Nice, if you don't mind the noise. Easy to get from the railway station.
- – Very narrow steps to the top floor, no elevator.
Centrally located within walking distance from all major tourist
- + Centrally located from Amsterdam Central Train & Busstation (less than 5 minutes walk). All major tourist attractions are within walking distance from the hotel. Good continental breakfast. Friendly staff.
- – Very expensive hotel if you convert the Euro towards the South African Rand. (It is a pity that everything in the EU countries are so expensive for South Africans - hope it will be again better in the future).
Get what you pay for
- + good location, cheap
- – not the friendliest staff, no elevator, very tiny rooms, bathroom not always in suite, internet doesn't work in all rooms
great to visit the town but not to relax at night
- + Easy to reach
- – very loud
Amsterdam budget stag weekend
- + Good location, cheap price
- – Beds too narrow, toilet was falling apart
good value for money
- + hotel is located in the red light district the bar below hotel was not crowed so the problem with noise solved. the staff was friendly and the was a computer with internet with charge free wifi through hotel the upper rooms are very good normal breakfast good value of money
- – the rooms in basment smells steep stairs. some how hard to find. bad room service
Good value for the money
- + Very near the central train station, right in the middle of the red light district. Still in a safe area, as long as you are not careless. Free breakfast, cheap, and pretty clean. Room was cleaned everyday, with fresh towels, 24-hr reception. Staff is very nice and helpful.
- – The only problem that we had with this hotel was the bathroom. It was clean, but there was nothing to separate the shower from the rest of the bathroom, except for a curtain (no lip on the floor or anything). Needless to say, the entire bathroom floor would get wet when you took a shower, but it was still livable (not too annoying). (Not too sure if this is the norm in a city like Amsterdam or not, so we didn't complain. Like I said, it was livable)
Budget clean hotel
Cheap hotel in a great location but don't expect the HIlton
- + The hotel is very clean and in a great location.
- – Needs upgrading, decoration and although two of our rooms were good, the third was not acceptable and we asked for a different one.
21st student birthday.....the hotel did exactly what we needed
- + It was in a perfect location. close to the red light district and that is the safest place in Amsterdam.
great hotel to stay in
- + Perfect location - within walking distance to anywhere quiet place for sleep - I had Appartement 1 on top floor, which is aside of the main busy street comfortable and clean bed clean towels every day! good temperature in room good and adequate breakfast - bread, some sweet bread, butter, marmelade, cheese, ham and eggs, tea, coffee very kind staff - always willing to help you
- – Very good accomodation with nice staff and perfect location...who needs more... I can definitely recommend it!!!
- + +central
- – -old, -loud, -dirty
Reasonable price, good location.
- + Reasonable price, good location, wifi internet for free.
Nice and Honest Staff
- + nice and honest staff
- – dirty places nearby
Bidget hotel near to station
- + near to station
- – room is very small
Cheap clean hotel in red light district
- + good location! clean room, good breakfast! Frendly staff
- – One night we saw a small mouse in our room ? It was big minus...
Good price and location
- – Toilet and shower is out of the room.
Centrico y buen desayuno, pero zona de mucho movimiento nocturno.
- + Lo mejor es que está en el mismo corazón de Amsterdam y el desayuno que está bastante bien (pan blanco, integral, mantequillas, queso de plato, queso con hierbas, mermeladas, cafe o te, leche, zumo natural de naranja, huevos duros, jamon cocido, pan de frutos secos...). Tiene una vista estupenda a uno de los canales.
- – Lo peor es que si no te gusta la movida nocturna de porros y prostitución... mejor no cogerlo, aunq yo no tuve problemas de ningún tipo. La calle no es problematica, pero las paralelas son las de los cafes de drogas o el barrio rojo justo una calle por detrás. El hotel es como un hostal en España, asi q no os guieis por las 2 estrellas, y de inicio, da mal rollo los pasillos de las habitaciones, despues ya te relajas un poco.
great cheap central hotel
- + great price, also in a great location for where i like to go, 24 hour reception
- – its on a busy street so lot of outside noise, this doesnt bother me but i guess some people might dislike it.
- + Excellent location and the staff were very friendly. Rooms were comfortable. Nice continental breakfast
- – Had to hold the shower as it had no hook but that was it.
Great weekend break
- + Very helpful staff
- – Found a mouse in the room the first day!
cheap and good location
A good Hotel for an Indian in Amsterdam.
- + Breakfast is very good. Most important it is included in the Room charges.
- – You can book hotel only when you have credit card. :(
- + good area, central for most amenities.
- – poor hygiene e.g bed sheets dirty on arrival,floor mopped once only with dirty water. Breakfast very basic, rolls or bread with cheese or meat Bar ? what bar Rooms cramped
nice friendly hotel
Amsterdam is a blast.
- + This was a really cool place to stay. We stayed on the very top floor of the whole building and could see way down the canal from out the window. The red light district was literally right around the corner and the location made it easy to access all of Amsterdam.
- – There was hardly any water pressure at all in the shower, and it was cool to stay on the very top floor, but there were a LOT of steps.
- + very good location. centre of the city so you can go every where quickly. comfortable rooms. helpful employee.
- – it can be more clean.
- + breakfast, price, service, location, smoker friendly
- – If u pay 25€ pn the lift is a dream
If you're on a budget, Hotel Vijaya is the very best for the value.
- + Although my single room was small, I was very comfortable.The location was perfect, the breakfast was excellent, my room was always kept very clean, the staff was very friendly and the overall service from all the staff members was great. I stayed for 17 nights and they made me feel as if I were in my own home . They were consistently very helpful in giving me the best directions with mapped out instructions for all the places I needed to go to.
A cheap and nice hotel
- + Very nice staff, a cheap and allright hotel with a great location.
- – The rooms could have been cleaner, and the shower was unstable(hot-cold-hot-cold). Some of the towels had holes, but who cares.
single room to small. toilet very small, toilet bowl to close to wall.
Great location for nightlife!!!
- + Location, Location, Location close to RLD and train station. Great staff, nice breakfast, no problems!
- – not for children or old folks
great hotel, great location
- + Our room was quite large and had a wonderful view of the canal and busy street below. The room was very clean and well stocked. Staff was very friendly and helpful, giving us a map upon our arrival and detailing points of interest around the city. And the location was perfect, right in the center of everything! Very good value for money spent!
- – Nothing much to complain about, the breakfast was pretty simple, but it was free so.......
- + clean, spacious and comforatble room, seems to have revonated recently. breakfast is great. staff are friendly too! very close to train station.
- – a little bit noisy at night as it's right next to the red light district. no lift! if you want to use their computer, check if your language could be displayed. it doesn't display chinese.
Ideal location and kind service
Nice, but not at that price.
- + Right near central station, good for being able to get everywhere easily. Nice views over the canal. Kind, helpful staff. Reasonably clean interior. They gave me a double bed instead of the single. Breakfast was served til 10am. Hotel happy to hold luggage for you when you check out if you have a late flight.
- – Tiny room with no wardrobe or drawers and bathroom is on other side of corridor. No in-room tea/coffee facilities. A lot of money for a very basic room with a very basic breakfast. Even though it is right in the RLD and centrally situated I would not have paid more than Â£25 a night... It was Â£45 a night with this website's discount, inc Breakfast and City Tax. (In Blackpool in August I paid Â£25pn inc cooked breakfast with en-suite bathroom) Not as swish as the pictures, but it wasn't really bad, just depends on what you want... If you are out all the time it's fine.
Nothing like the pictures
- + Good location and nice staff
- – The room looked nothing like in the pictures. Room felt old and could use some paint.
Basic but clean and well located
- + Clean bed, shower and toilet. All thats needed. Good location
- – A splash of paint maybe needed
- + Location, close to railway station, towels changed every day, 60+chanels on tv, staff friendly
- – breakfast
hotel with a great location
- + Location was great. I had a canal view room which was amazing. Hotel staff are really helpful and most of them are kind.
- – Single rooms are quite small, only bed can fit in.
Reasonably priced with great central location.
- + Good location, good staff, cosy room. Good breakfast.
- – Very small room and bathroom. The whole place could do with a new coat of paint. Very steep stairways. Overall, would recommend. Great location, not too noisy despite area.
- + Very friendly staff,who took care of their guests.Suitable location near the railway station. Interesting area too.
- – Many high stairs,if you are old or has bad legs.We survived. :)
Jó volt, ajánlom mosoknak is.
- + A szoba és a fürdő ugyan kicsi volt, de arra, hogy a túrista egy hosszú nap után kipihenje magát nagyon jó. Nagyon segítőkészek és udvariasak voltak a szálló alkalmazottai. A reggeli minősége és mennyisége is tökéletes.
- – A Wi-Fi nem működött.
practical above all
- + Enjoyed my one night stay. The hotel was clean and the service was also very good. The hotel location was also very close to all the action.
- – The TV was broken
A positive experience
- + Friendly staff, clean room and good location. Stayed ten nights and will probably stay there on the next trip.
- – Shower, would be a good idea to notify the guests about the mixing of valves for hot / cold water. Towel change every day, nice, but not environmental friendly. The hotel could save environment and money by urging visitors to use towels for several days - fx, dump on floor if one want it changed. Not unusual in more expensive hotels.
Close to everything in this great city
- + The hotel is located in the best spot of the city. Everything is 5 minutes walk away. Some people are told to visit this part of the city and i just had the chance to live there. The bathroom is spacious and comfortable and the breakfast is sufficient. Highly recommended, not for a couple though. My regards to the long blonde-hair, very polite guy.
- – The room is very very small and there is no elevator which is a problem if your room is above first floor.
Would be excellent for young group and bachelors.
- + nice offer in terms of menu discount price in cooperation with the hotel owner and their relatives' near-by restaurants.
- – no "double" King Size bed. All Twins!!! They claimed the WIFI was working fine but I could never get connected.
- + Stayed here before, great location and the staff are very helpfull. My room spotlessly clean and comfortable. Wifi was handy and worked OK.
- – Usual Amsterdam stuff. Room was very small and had to climb over the WC to get to the shower. But this is minor as the place was value for money.
good value for money
good hotel great price great location,
- + in a great location, cheap prices , 24 hour reception, i will stay here whenever im in amsterdam.
- – my shower fitting was broken so i had to hold the shower head to spray myself, also no soap in my room. its noisey outside but thats the price you pay for being right in the centre .
Nice hotel:) I will come again if I visit Amsterdam
Confortable, in the city center.
- + Breakfast is included.
- – They don't have a lift.
I was accomodatet just for one day, but I liked it!
- + the staff was very kind and helpful. They answerd any question I had about the life in the city.
More negative points than positive
- + Excellent central location. Friendly staff. Free wireless. Large fan in room.
- – Single room quite small (although this is the norm in Amsterdam). The window in my room could have done with a clean (dead flies on window sill etc.) The shower head slid down to the bottom of the bar and wouldn't stay higher. Tv remote did not work. Noisy location. Room key had to be handed into reception every time when leaving.
- + Good
- – The Single room is very small
Good value / location
- + Right in redlight district so close to everything. Friendly Indian staff. Great view over canal.
- – Very basic. Old hotel so never looked over clean, although not dirty. Narrow stairs to upper floors.
ok but noisy and rather expensive hotel
Central, cheap and cheerful!
- + Great location. Cheap and cheerful. You get what you pay for. Helpful staff.
- + Wonderful place in the red light district.Walking distance to pubs.
- – Small room and noisy enviroment.
Good choise if you want to be where the action is
- + Good breakfast for the price.rnGood staff; very gentle.rn
- – Very old building.rnDifficult stair if you have luggage to carry up and down.
A good bed and a nice breakfast
- + Excellent location. Very good breakfast. Rooms seviced everyday. Helpful staff.rn
- – A little too much noise from the steet. Very small room.
Great if you want to go out all night, a bit noisy on the canal side..
- + Good service, open 24/24, near the train station, just in the middle of centrum.
- – Noisy on the canal side. Small room means with hot weather. Difficult to sleep if you go in bed early.
Good location, poor room!
- + Towel changed everyday, rich breakfast, reception open 24/24h, location
- – the bathroom was ever flooded cause the sink lost water, and the shower was without a border for the water and with a dirty curtain. the room wasn't really clean, (the moquette didn't help!)
The best thing is this hotels location ...
- + Ideal location if u like the red light district, friendly personnel
- – quite run down, small room, I never saw anyone actually having dinner in the place they call restaurant
Great place, especially for younger travellers with a tight budget
- + Great location, great room. Got upgraded to a five person room, which was fantastic. Next to many coffee shops and not to far away from dam square. Lots of nice walks to be had. There is someone at the desk 24/7, so you can buy snacks or drinks at any time, and it's quite cheap!
- – The bathroom on the first day had some problems, but nothing too bad.
- + posto molto centrale, veramente economico, buona colazione (migliorabile). ottimo per chi non vuole spendere tanto e girarre la città.
- – igene (è una parola che non conoscono tutti gli olandesi ed i paesi anglosassoni in genere) non consigliato per le famiglie.
Not horrible, certainly not great
- + location & breakfast
- – possible bed bugs, windows don't close so room is very loud & cold at night, internet advertised but horrible connection. if you are going to Amsterdam for a party & don't really care about hospitality it's really not a bad place to stay, compared to many in Amsterdam.
Charming, friendly and just at the spot.
- + very nice staff. exellent view from our room. good breakfast.
- – Difficulties adjusting the hot and cold water in the shower. the lower bunkbed was making a lot of noice.
Excellent location, good price average hotel
Cheap hotel right in the middle of the most interesting part of city
- + Fantastic location. Staff always helpful. Vijaya Indian restaurant definitely worth a visit and you get 15% discount.
- – Hotel as expected very basic. Shower drain blocked so room flooded every time we used it. Take your own kettle.
Good value for the money
- + Perfect location with a great view. Small rooms, but very clean and cosy.
- – The single-glass window with a big gap on the sides meant that the room was very noisy.
Cheap & good location, but dont expect the ritz!
Great Location good price would stay again
- + Great location, 24hour reception. room was basic but comfortable. smoking allowed in rooms
- – breakfast vary basic but I expected that for the price. shower door was broken but not major problem
Centrally located, in the Red District, view at the channel
- + Location is excellent. In the Red District. Breackfact is good, comparative with price.
- – The quad room wasn't exactly as in pictures. Was the highest possible. In one mornin' at 7.00 we didn't had hot water at shower.Lot of noise from the street.
- + Location in the center of Amstedam
- – Hygiene ans maintenace of the rooms. Nothing. We must pay the complete bill when we arrive.
Quite good hotel for few nights
- + very close to anything... lots of animation, but not too noisy
- – very small room and bathroom (no pressure for the shower!)
Get what you pay for - a clean, comfortable bedroom, no frills.
- + Great location, spacious room (requested a double and got a double + bunk beds).
- – Stairs are not for the faint hearted but are to be expected in most lower star hotels in Amsterdam. Shower was extrememly basic - but did not expect to get a shower at all at this price.
Not suitable for family stay.
- + The hotel is centrally located. The staff is very friendly.Breakfast was good.
- – The rooms have no privacy, you can hear every word spoken either downstairs or upstairs. If someone walks on the upper floor you can not sleep. the other visitors were very noisy we coud not sleep till 3 o`clock in the morning and none of the staff members worned them. There was no hot water in the shower, the closet in the room was broken.
Simple, clean - even not quiet - still ok for these central location
- + Central location and Hotel personal very helpfull. Breakfast is simple but goood!
- – During the night isn't so quiet and try to avoid the room over de Bar,(neighbour Buildind). But whow would be possible to be in a central location in Amsterdam and have a quiet night? :-) If you're looking for a romantic time in Amsterdam, staying many hours im Hotel, instead walking and visiting Amsterdam, you should book another kind of Hotel. If you need only a room to sleep...after so many tours, Museu, bars, etc, I would say; Hotel Vijaya is a good option also for uncomplicated Persons (even on our age: Couple on the midle of 40's)
Below average hotel
- – It said private bathroom but in fact it is located opposite our room - not at the same room. Rooms seem not clean as bathroom can smell of urine. Shower head and the bed side light is falling off from wall. Fixed only after complaint.
Good price but very small room
- – the room not matched with the picture shown in the website
Watch out for debit card extra charge
- + Brilliant location, breakfast was reasonable. Fairly clean rooms and helpful staff. Pretty pleasant all-round.
- – After booking online, supplying the hotel with my debit card details, on the understanding I paid on arrival, I was told by the bloke if I paid by card it would involve an extra charge, which came out at around Â£15. No charge if I paid cash. After a long journey I decided to pay the charge, but you have been warned! Think it was cheeky as the charge wasn't mentioned when I booked.
zimmermans amsterdam weekender
- + we stayed here for 3nights and wasnt sure what it was going to be like as it was cheeper then other hotels we have stayed in here.we were surprised it was really good value for money,yes its no frills but beds were nice and soft and place was clean.we stayed in room 3 it was at the back on ground level and there was no noise at all.i will say the stairs are very steep but if you have stayed here before in amsterdam everywere is the same.breakfast was fine could of done with a toaster mind you but freash coffee,tea and orange juice.location was great for what ever you want to do not far from everywere.i would deffo book this hotel again it was great.
- – rooms on floors above were a bit of a nightmare if you came in a bit worse for wear steep and narrow pluss rooms at the front of hotel would of been i bit noisey as theres a bar right outside but if your on your holiday i would imagine you wouldnt be in bed to early anyway.staff could of been a bit more chatty but they were very helpful and give me and my husband a map and showed us were all main attractions were markets ect...
- + close to main city center , located in the old town offers acceptable accomondation given the fact that is a low budget hotel. room service every day.
- – old hotel, seems dirty though it is not that much. does not offer a lot, but you can ask no more at that price anyway.
Convenient and clean
- + Very central to everything especially transport and restaurants. Breakfast was great and plentiful.Rooms were clean.Fun people watching from the window
- – Bit noisy as we had a front room above the pavement and Friday and Saturday were busy nights, but guess that is too be expected in the red light district. Bathroom was small.
- + The service and the breakfasts were excellent. The location was perfect. Just on the outskirts of the red light district without all the noise of the revelers.
- – Single rooms were tiny! But for 120 Euro for the week I upgraded to a very large double room with a decent size bathroom. The single room bathroom had a shower so small you had to choose between having the shower curtain stuck to your back or flooding the entire bathroom. Mattresses sagged and TV was broken.
BOYS ON A STAG DO
- + went on a stag party with three mates and it was ideal and only a stones through from the red light district everything else was only a short walk from the hotel. really good location. also you get breakfast included in the price
- – cant really say that there are any
Great location good for weekend
- + Great Location Clean and very comfortable bed Breakfast O K
- – Very small room with nothing else in it but bed and small side table it would give you a new meaning to the word basic
- + Fantastic location, right in the middle of the red light district and 5 mins walk from Dam Square.
Quad room-great location for good price offer with acceptable quality
- + very good location right in the center, close to the centraal station very good price offer 24 hour service on reception breakfast included
- – lower comfort
- + super preis-leistungs verhälltnis
- – wir mussten bar zahlen, obwohl Kreditkarte angegeben war
Dirty room & room cleaners are thieves
- + location
- – i have stayed in many hotels in amsterdam & this has to be the worst yet. the room cleaners are thieves. i had my spare camera batteries stolen! do not eat at their indian restaurant karma sutra either, the food is awful & very over priced. rooms not cleaned properly & the shower rooms are a health hazard as they are so dirty. they clearly have not been bleached in years as there is mould spores & green algae on the tiles. in my friends room every time he flushed the toilet water came up through the shower drain plug & went all over the floor! all this hotel is good for is stag parties at best.
- + The hotel was right in the center of everything. First trip to Amsterdam and I had an AWESOME time!
Location and price make it a winner
- + Location. Price.
- – Rooms small, and tatty. Hotel generally had seen better bays. But for the price it was worth it.
Not enough rooms at the Inn!!
- + Location - Difficult to say anything else as I didn't have chance to stay in the hotel as I had booked 4 rooms but only 3 were available so I had to find alternative accommodation. I did negotiate a discount prior to leaving the party members who could stay.
- – I booked 4 rooms for the stay for a total of 16 people, when we arrived there was only room for 11. Bearing in mind the trip was for Scotlandâs World Cup qualifier against Holland so there were 16,000 Scots in town. The Hotel owner seemed a little bemused by why some of the party were a little upset at the prospect of looking for a new hotel at 11pm on a Friday night!! He finally agreed to allow some to sleep on the floor but at first couldnât understand why I asked for a discount?? I am sorry to say that we werenât the only ones impacted by this issue from speaking to other guests. Not sure what happened and we were not offered any explanation. The cynic in me sayâs that they saw all the Scots in town so had sold our other room for an inflated price!!
good location but crap facilities
- + was in the middle of everything
- – not very well maintained and does not have access for people with wheel chairs
Better than it looks!
- + The staff was very casual and helpful. The location was great, too.
- – There was no shower curtain, so the bathroom got wet every time I showered.
- + i have to say this was the best value for money hotel you can get very clean and excellent staff and location defo stay here
good value for what you pay
- + staff very welcoming.Great location,good room,breakfast okay for price
- – Rooms needed coffee/tea making facility.Rooms basic but good for what you pay.
I really enjoyed it, i coulnt ask for more and it was right in centre.
- + I really enjoyed the stay, the staff was great, breakfast as well and it was placed into a great location. Next time im going there i wont hesitate to stay there again. It was a very pleasant experience.
- – i didnt find any, perhaps that i coulnt lock the toilet
- + it is close to the center.
- – the room was above of the pub and the shape of room was interesting-not as shown in the picture.
7 day in amsterdam
- + perfect location. shower and toilet was newer. 3-5 minutes from centraal station.nice bar next door
- – steep stairs. some out side noise at night.
Would use again!!
- + Great location, room was good and just what you need. 24h entry was a big plus. Very freindly, does exactly what It says on the tin!!
- – None really a bit scruffy maybe. And can be noisy above the bar below.
Great room rates for an even better location!
- + Best price for such a convenient location.
- – It's not a 5 star hotel so have your expectations set, but you get more than what you pay for.
as good as anywhere for the price.(and clean}
- + i booked this hotel with out knowing where i was going. cheep and cheerful,but when i got there i was impressed.i go away 4 times a year and this hotel was as good and cheaper then a lot that iv stayed in.all you want wen you go to Amsterdam friendly and very helpful staff.
Good food, great staff, soft beds, damn bells.
- + This was my third trip to the Dam, and this was the best hotel I've stayed in yet. Located centrally, the staff are incredibly friendly snd helpful and will go out of their way to help if asked, they offer a discount at an Indian Restaraunt, Kama Sutra, which was delicious. Oh and real comfy beds.
- – Can be a little loud, I don't mean the clientele, as we were the loudest of those, but those damn bells, ringing on the hour, constantly. But it is a small price to pay for everything else. I'll definitely be going back to Vijaya.
great location but a little tatty needs cleaning and decorating
- + great location very central
- – could be cleaner smoke detector over sensative
clean friendly basic hotel but dull rooms.
- + Warm and welcoming staff. Very safe. Good breakfast.
- – The room while clean was very basic and dull. Floor needs repairing. No tea making facilities in the room.
Perfect Hotel for Young people who want a real taste of Amsterdam
- + Great Location
- – Lots of Stairs
Basic, Cheap + great location
- + Excellent location close to railway station and red light district. Friendly helpful staff. Good value for money given the location
- – Basic accommodation. Can be noisy outside but that's to be expected given the location
- + good service, good breakfast for reasonable price
- – rather simple shower with toilet
Book into HELL
- + Great location
- – this place is real dirty should be closed down its a hygiene risk, how the hell it ever got 2 stars baffles me
- + ideal location
- – very small rooms with thin walls. Rooms not very clean.
not bad but........
- + Round corner from red light district and shopping centre. good enough breakfast. could keeps cases in hotel until coach arrived.good price.
- – staff not overly friendly, very dodgy spiral steps in hotel to negotiate, lock on bathroom door didnt work in room 9, also was very dingy and freezing cold in room, glasses hadnt been cleaned properly(lipstick marks on glasses).ok for a nights stay with friends but thats it. could do with re modenising, looked like something out of the 70's. need new matresses (thank god i didnt look under the sheets until the next morning),also didnt see any fire exists. room fairly clean but we did find old socks under the bed!
old house but clean with excellent location
- + excellent location
- – bring sutcase on the top floor
would not recommend.
- + Excellent heating in the room and comfortable bed.
- – we stayed at the top of the hotel lots of stairs, the room was well below standards in hygiene and needed a revamp, the carpet was stained and grubby.The stairway smelled.
- + Good price and really close to Centraal station.
- – the bathroom is very small.
Hotel Vijaya - great for no frills, cheap and clean fun
- + Great location and for the price (â¬100) for a triple room for 2 nights was excellent. Nice room which was slightly nicer than I expected. Breakfast was not too bad (bread, cheese, ham, boiled egg) along with â¬1 tea or coffee. Room was overlooking the canal (and a Febo...!).
- – Slightly shabby but for 3 guys on a short break it was ideal. Bit of a maze and steep stairs! Rest of hotel was a bit run down but rooms made up for it.
friendly, basic but comfortable hotel, perfect.
- + friendly staff, nice breakfast, brilliant location. would definatly stay again.
Great location! Lacking extras, but you get what you pay for.
- + The location is excellent! It's a five minute walk from Station Centraal, right in the Red Light District, and near all the action. There are tons of bars and coffeshops of all types within walking distance. I preferred the smaller local bars as opposed to the large party bars that were filled with other tourists, but whatever your preference, it's nearby.
- – The room was extremely narrow. It offered everything I needed - a bed, toilet, shower, sink, and a locking door - but I was initially pretty surprised by the size of the room. My light by the door didn't work, which sucked because it was the only light near the closet, and my remote control didn't work either, so I just left the TV on the Discovery Channel the entire week.
Nice cycling in Amsterdam
- + We appreciated the location and the informations we found at the hotel.
Good service, facilities, location
- + good location, close to railway station and shops etc, clean, friendly, helpful staff Ensuite with shower TV in room - can get BBC1 & 2
- + security was good good tv channels in the rooms
- – breakfast menu was ordinary corridors were a bit smelly rooms were too small just note that I stayed in a hotel in Greece which costs a bit less that Vijaya, but the services were better
a very good and reasonable option
- + location, price, comfortable beds, friendly n helpful staff
- – to those who may be quite particular, hotel and room decor's not uplifting at all, but then again you'll be out most of the time ;)
Great location but very basic
Good engouh for one night
- + reasonable price(40euro)
- – No lift
Good value for price and excellent location.
- + Good location and breakfast, effective heating, basic room but adequate for the price.
- – No tea and coffee making facilities. Towels rather threadbare.
Great location and price
Great find in an expensive city!
- + Wow, a cheap place in Amsterdam that isn't a dump! Really, I think this is a great find. It ain't no four-star hotel but I don't need much more than a clean bed/bathroom and a quite place to sleep in the middle of town and this place fit the bill!
- – If you're going to have a TV/DVD player in the room it be cool if it actually works.
find another hotel
- + location only. and the breakfast was ok.
- – everything
very positive experience, recommended.
- + Great location, but at least for our room it was perfectly quiet at night. I've staying in a number of hotels in London and would rank this #1 in terms of value. Overall very positive experience.
- – none really
- + location,location,location. Very friendly helpful staff.Clean and great breakfast.
- – fortunatly we didn't have an upstairs room. Those stairs looked steep.
good price good location
- + good location. breakfast include. low price
- – to get to the room you have to climbe a lot of stairs.
Great choice for young couples with small budget
- + Very good location. Excellent room rate. Bathroom in room. Nice view to the canals.
- – Small rooms if you are not used to it. Narrow steps. No lift.
- – We woke up very early because of the cleaning up of the room above. Maybe it is an idea to start cleaning a little bit later.
not bad as it seems ;)
- + location
Fair price for a convenient location
- + The hotel is located in the very center of Amsterdam at walking distance from most of the places one would like to visit in the city.
- – The room was not very clean when I checked in.
Good and calm place in the middst of red lights area
- + Close to railstation and main shoping street.
- – toilet was placed so that it was not possible to sit down... :)
- + Very good spot handy for whatever your doing in amsterdam
- – had a deadly time over there but would never go again amsterdam is a kip....
- + great location, staff is nice, its not very luxurioius or fancy, but was clean, had own bathrooms, beds were comfortable and it was close to all the fun stuff in the red light distract without being right in the middle of everyting.,
- – steep stairs up to room, but was not a problem just comical.
A great location for cheap!
- + Great location!
- – Very hard to climb up the extremely steep stairs to unit 1.
party in amsterdam
- + excellent location right in all the action and very close to the central station
- – gret location = lots of noise - had to put in ear plugs to sleep at night!
Great value for group travellers
- + Fantastic Location - right in the red-light district. Good value for money. If you're in a group then this place is probably about the same price as a hostel. Friendly and helpful staff.
- – A bit noisy due to the location. Fine if you're going to Amsterdam to party, but maybe not if you have kids.
Basic but Decent
- + A basic hotel that suited all our needs and was priced very reasonably. It had a beautiful view from the front and the staff were very friendly and spoke good English. The rooms were adequately equipped and the location was perfect for us. A good stay! Thanks!
- – It's not the Ritz and we didn't expect it to be, it was more than adequate.
A real "cool" place
- + only 5 minutes walk away from the central train station on the beautiful "Oudezijds Voorburgwal", the hotel is located at the edge of Amsterdam's "party zone". Bars, coffeeshops and restaurants are very close, but far away enough, so the noise isn't disturbing. breakfast buffet was surprisingly good it seems that there's an indian restaurant joint to the hotel, but I didn't try it out
- – the window in my room didn't close properly - could be "repaired" with a towel, but the first night was quite freezing shower and toilet are not separated, so the whole bathroom gets wet when one's showering Some of the employees are not very friendly, they seem to be pissed off by their job
- + location,price\quality,comfort the hotel was great!
- – none
Excellent Place to stay
- + The location of the hotel is excellent, just few steps to red light district, dam square and central station. The Owner and staff of the hotel are very helpful and accomadating.
- – Service levels were not upto the mark. But overall this hotel is excellent and worth the money.
Did the job
revie of Hotel Vijaya Amsterdam'
If you expect Sheraton, and want Vijaya price. Stay home.
- + Hotel Vijaya is a friendly and very central located small hotel. Do not expect a five star hotel. But if you are looking for a place in the center of Amsterdam, and a base for exploring the city it is well worth a go. The location is right by one of the many canals, near the central station, the red light district (which is not as "pornograpic" as some might think), museums, shopping, eating. The guests we met were all easy going people. And our room was nice. Well, we had a view to the canal.
- – We got what we were looking for, and willing to pay for.
- + Mitten im Zentrum
- – Sehr kleine Zimmer/sehr kleines Bad
Centrally located, but old and outdated...
- + Close to everything
- – More like a hostel, but cheap for downtown Amsterdam. So middle of the road, I'm sure you can find better.
Great location, great view!
- + Great location! Nice view!
The cleaning, breakfast and the temper could be better!
- + The hotel is situated near the station and the centrum of the town. We had our window towards the street and the canal. The view was great!
- – We are not satisfied by the hygiene! The floor in our room was not cleaned up during our stay. Neither the baathroom! Just the waste paperbasket was emptied and the bed was fairly made. I missed yoghurt and fresh fruit to the breakfast! The cheese was dry in the edges. Unfortunately we think there was bad mood. Nobody of the staff said "good morning" when the guests came into the breakfastroom.
for people who don't care
- + perfectly located in the very centre of amsterdam
- – dirty, terrible stairs to the rooms
- + Location was great, near Ams Centraal and walking distance to shopping streets.
- – Bathroom was uncomfortable, it didn't look so nice. Building is very old and thats how bathroom looked like...
excellent location and good room service
- + The hotel is well located and the staff is very friendly. The room service is good too.
It served the purpose at that moment
- + On the average I find it satisfactory.
- – I felt it was very expensive when compared with hotels in other Europian countries like Paris & the UK. For the same hotel in Paris I could pay between 45 & 50 Euro. The little discomfort was the idea of having a separate toilet from the chalet. It made using the toilet noisy to other guests.Also the TV in room 22 needs to be relocated or the orientation of bed to make watching TV comforable.
Great location. Tiny single rooms.
- + Great location.
- – Tiny room. Poor facilities.
Staying for one night near Central Station/Red Light District
- + Cheaper, compared to other hotels nearby.
- – The room was very small
Very good to slightly bad
- + People were very helpful and breakfast was extremely good. Central location.
- – Shower was diffucult to adjust to good temperature. No venting meant that dampness from showers remained for a long time.
- + Location
- – Very noisy (customers+service).