- Score: 8.2 / 10 Score of 21 reviews
All reviews are completed by our guests after their stay at the hotel ibis Amsterdam City Stopera.
- + The hotel employee is quick to prompt us that there is a booking error.
- – Hotel policy is ruthless. This survey is not relevant to us. Because of a booking error, the hotel penalized us for one night stay regardless. Our booking should have been April 18 to 22. The error was made on March 18 prior to our leaving home in California.
- * my tip To avoid making unintentional error, avoid hotel with such a booking policy. Very customer unfriendly and inflexible. Contrary to what I think about Dutch business practice.
Excellent hotel at a reasonable cost and location.
- + The staff were all excellent with a very positive happy attitude and also helpful. Good breakfast and comfy room with excellent bathroom.
- – Although the location is not to far from tram stops (about 10 min walk) its a shame a bus does not pass by the hotel, but this is for the sake of older folk and when it is raining ! I wish the hotel bike hire was cheaper , as we would have used the bikes in our 5 day stay. They were about a dozen lined up outside all the time with nobody using them. Make it cheaper by half the cost and they would be used I'm sure.
- * my tip Good cafe and bar facilities.
- – would like to have some other English speaking chanels on TV- like maybe from US? with diferent opinons - not one sidet
very good hotel
- + nice room, good greakfast, friendly stuff, good location - will come again
Affordable, convenient to downtown Amsterdam
Best kept hotel secret in Amsterdam
- + Excellent hotel close to wharfs, metro, bus and tubes and 4 blocks from Waterlooplein market. Restaurants close by, variable porices, within walking distance to Flower Market, the Dom, and central area. Very quiet for sleeping, located on canal. Excellent staff. Good food and selelction intheir own restaurant. Breakfast is included each morning with a wide selection of various foods, hot as well as cold.
- * my tip Believe their website. We thought it was all too good to be true, and it is!
- + Booking, check-in and check-out were all simple and straightforward.
- – 1. There was no hot water on the morning of 18th Jan. The hotel blamed the city, rather than accepting responsibility itself. 2. I do not like receiving mails to which I cannot reply. 3. This web page says the tourist tax was €4.75, but I was charged a city tax of €4.48
- + Nice and clean hotel in affordable price.Great location and friendly staff.I will probably stay in this hotel again or recommend it to friends or families.
- – I had a great stay in this hotel only minus point from me was the pillow..too small and the water from the faucet. Didn't smell good,and neighbors room who`s always slamming the door,but its nothing to do with the hotel.I was only hoping that the hotel staff reminds all their guest to give some consideration to the other guest.
- * my tip yes..
Good location for the museums and restaurants
- + Very friendly and helpful staff. Hotel is located near to tram stops for the city centre.
- – As the hotel was not operating its air conditioning system, the bedroom windows had to be opened at night as it was very warm. But this made it very noisy due to the church clock striking at regular intervals, and noise from houses on the other side of the canal.
Lovely hotel, excellent service
- – Would have really liked tea and coffee making facilities in the room.
Good option for a short stay
- + Good location, very pleasant and helpfull staff
- – small room
EXCELLENT,VALUE FOR MONEY CENTRAL HOTEL
- + a very good hotel with excellent rooms. location very good for amsterdam sights staff on reception are excellent,friendly and helpful.
- – steak menu in lift should be removed when not available
Great hotel in a fantastic location
ibis stopera - almost perfect
- + very tasty and plentiful breakfast, kind personnel
- – the cleaning lady did not change the soap container even when we left a note for her
My stay was good but I have questions about the security of my CC
- – I used my credit card ONLY at the Ibis Stopera during my entire stay in Amsterdam and it was compromised. After I left on 8Mar11 there were a number of transactions in Euro which were charged against my credit card.
Friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms and great location.
very good location for tourists who are interested in Dutch culture
- + good location, near waterlooplein and in a walking distance to tourist attraction ie staat theater, Rembrandt huis, Raijks Museum
- – room too small for 3 persons
Excellent service and good location.
Solid and good.
- – Snack food
Nice and clean
- + Good service, friendly and helpfull staff, good Italian restaurant (especially our first dinner that included bread etc), clean and nice rooms - excellent room cleaning! Also restaurants staf was friendly, except one very shameless waiter.
- – Far away from centre, or tram, a lot of walking. (for older people) Safety-box mounted on the floor, difficult to use.
Customer friendly and functional hotel, close to the central station
- + Rooms are functional and staff is friendly
- – Restaurant is way below expectations
OK HOTEL BUT DEFF NOT WORTH THE PRICE.
- + The Hotel is ok standard as IBIS is.
- – there was three of us staying in one room and it was very cramped.
very nice hotel
- + very good location, good staff, the restaurant has an awesome service and great food, the best tiramisu
Hotel very clean, walking distance to city centre bars / restaurants.
- + Reception Staff during day time very helpful and friendly. Rooms very clean, bar staff friendly in evening. Hotel is far enough away to be walking distance from city centre and no noise from trams / buses / trains etc
- – Night staff at reception very rude, poor selection of hot food for breakfast (scrambled egg virtually inedible!!). Bathrooms small. If you wanted a night cap before bed and it was after 1am, bar was completely closed up, even though they advertise 24hr drinks & snacks!? Corridors in rooms very noisy with people coming and going at all hours.
Nice, well-maintained hotel within walking distance of downtown sights
- + Staff was courteous and helpful, although there was some conflicting information about internet access. In the end, all was made clear and satisfactory.
- – Water in bathroom sink did not drain well. A staff member made a note of this and would investigate.
Clean, comfortable and convenient hotel at a reasonable price.
- + Nice, helpful friendly staff
- – Breakfast should have more choice of hot food for vegetarians.
Nice place for a NEMO & Artis visitor
- + Location, bathroom, hygiene, breakfast, internet
- – draught on the window side not nice in winter as cold as this, blower for heating was felt noisy by some of our group
Good overall but a bit expensive
- + Comfort, hygiene
- – Price - Was a bit expensive for a single night
- + - good breakfast, closed to main city center or train station, responsible staff, ...
- – - too small room for 3 people
Freshwater Coordinator, WWF Vietnam
Good basic accommodation
- + We had a good stay, the room was basic and just good enough for a few days accommodation.
- – The hotel should try to at least provide a blankest for each room since their airconditioning was faulty and the weather on the evening we were there was cold.
A good reasonably priced hotel near enough to walk everywhere
- + Easy to get to. Staff very helpful including lending umbrellas when it rained. We had a rear room overlooking the canal.
Friendly service and a pleasant variety of breakfast !
Good Value for Money
- + Great service, comfy bed, clean room, good shower, reasonably priced for Amsterdam.
- – No English TV channel except World news.
centrally located thus quick access to transport and sights
- + We are IBIS fans. This Ibis in Stopera Amsterdam was especially comfortable. Quick access to most of Amsterdam sights by public transport nearby as well as a rent-a-bike store as Amsterdam is best viewed by bike. We appreciated the kind service of the personnel, the cleanliness of the room and the great breakfast.
- – I would say that even though Amsterdam is an expensive city 159 euros without breakfast is exaggerated. Maximum 129.- during major events would be a more appropriate price for an IBIS hotel. We reserved well in advance and received a reasonable price for our 5 night stay including breakfast.
- + Nice breakfast
- – Too expensive
Good stay in Amsterdam
- + Close to Center and yet quiet and cozy. very close to waterlooplane and to the mac bike store
- – No smoking, like in all hotels in Amsterdam no refreshner in the room No refrigirator in room
Pleasant and efficient hotel within walking distance of the sights
- + Very efficient check in and out. Room immaculately clean. Trouble free and comfortable experience.
Un excellent rapport qualité-prix, et un personnel chaleureux et à l
Good clean, comfortable hotel.
- + The breakfast was good, and having a bar available was a bonus. The location is great for the city centre
- – The breakfast was not so various. Every day was the same.
A clean and friendly hotel in the heart of Amsterdam
- + Unfortuately my sister and I did not stay at the hotel that was reserved for us but found one that was closer to the train station. We were offer a taxi to take us to the correct hotel but we decided to stay at the one by the central train station instead and we were given friendly and great service. The room was clean and all the staff were friendly. We were allow access to the luggage room after our stay to continue our time to visit your lovely city until it was time to leave and still keep our luggage in a safe place.
- + Good location in a quiet neighbourhood, away from noisy streets and bars, yert very close. 10 mins walk to the train station. Nice and fresh room.
Amsterdam City Break
- + Great breakfast selection, and served from 6am-11am giving lots of flexibility to guests. We pre-paid for both the room and breakfast which was a great deal, really worth doing! Right next to the famous Waterlooplein market with hundreds of excellent stalls - best place for souvenirs/holiday bargains and Rembrandtplein entertainment zone.
- – Quite distant from Museumplein, Leidesplein and Dam Square, they are walkable as long as you have time and a decent map although easy to access by tram the journeys are expensive (2.60 euro per person).
I like Amsterdam and Ibis
- + Conveinient location within easy access to main tourist/culture Amsterdam highlights.
- – Even though the type of room (double) was not available upon arrival, which makes you wonder why do you bother booking a specific type of room in the first place, we were allocated comfortable, clean twin rooms instead.
Would recommend this hotel - and use again.
- + Very comfortable, consistent Ibis standard, all non-smoking. Good breakfast, helpful staff, efficient check-in / out. Some good restaurants and bars close by.
- – Some night noise at the front of the building, so ask for room at the back of the hotel. 15 minutes fast walk from central station.
good Hotel for few days stay
- + good situation, nice breakfast buffet
Good affordable location
- + Its a functional hotel which is convenient to the centre of Amsterdam. The staff were helpful and pleasant. The hotel was clean and comfortable.
- – A little bit pricey for essentially a budget chain hotel, especially the breakfast, similar could be found in the city at a fraction of the price.
Good location but reception staff unhelpful/rude
Good for visiting Amsterdam
Good, modern, affordable hotel
- + Beautiful view from hotel room. Nice staff. Good location. Modern and comfortable room. Friendly staff att restaurant.
- – Bad air in room. Much better air in corridor outside room(!) Ventialtion issue most likely.
Good location with nice canal view, great breakfast and clean room.
- + Great breakfast, really good choices available whatever your tastes. Reception staff really friendly.
- – Room maid was really noisy early in the morning and walked in twice when do not disturb sign was on door without knocking.
- + Relatively central with basic facilities
- – Simple touches like a kettle would have helped. Excellent cafe just round the corner meant the breakfast offer was not a good option
classic ibis quality
Good experience, suits my needs
- + Friendly and helpful staff at the reception desk and good breakfast with variety of choice
- – Occasional lack of orange juice at breakfast
- + Situation near metro. No noise in the room.
- – Small room for 3 people, price parking
good but not the best
- + - Clean hotel - Good service
- – - Air-condition was loud - Hard pillows - No green on the breakfast
I LOVE AMSTERDAM
- + A localização.
- – O restaurante deveria apostar nos pratos internacionais. A comida italiana é sempre o mesmo em todo o lado, já está muito vulgrizada.
Budget hotel -- dont expect very good service though
- + Budget hotel
- – 1) The breakfast is exactly the same everyday... 2) The staff can be trained to be more service oriented...ex--if we have asked for the taxi after 15 mins and company policy does not allow pre bookings ... there is nothing preventing the staff from making the phone call after 10 mins or so...they would simply say please come back in 15 mins...
Excellent Location, Excellent City, Excellent Hotel
Perfect long-weekend away
- + Great: location, service, hygiene, bedroom
- – Pillows were quite hard/uncomfortable - apart from that, perfect!
Goed schoon hotel
- + Schoon hotel zoals je van IBIS verwacht. In de crisistijd ietwat duurder, maar je krijgt er ook wat voor. Mooie kamer op benedenverdieping met uitzicht over het water. Uitchecken pas om 12.00
Great Price, good location, would stay here again.
- + Excellent customer service from all members of staff we came into contact with. Asked for a room overlooking the canal and got one. A really good hotel for the reasonable price we paid over New Year.
- – No tea and cofee making facilities in the room.
Very nice hotel, good customer service
- + The staff at this hotel are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are always clean and tidy. It's a good quiet location but only a ten minute walk from the centre.
- – No tea making facilities. Breakfast is quite expensive.
Would recommend to friends
- + Got a good deal on the price of the room with breakfast included which was very tasty an filling! Seemed to be a very clean an looked after hotel
- – Not much to do in close proximity to hotel although a tram stop is only a short walk away!
Positive feed back of Ibis Amsterdam City Stopera'
long weekend with girls
Very clean,near the city hotel but a little tiny room
Amsterdam city break
- + Within walking distance of main tourist attractions and the city centre. It was clean and we had plenty of towels, it was a typical Ibis hotel. The breakfast was good with a variety to choose from.
- – The Ibis cards that they use as room keys are a little temperamental, we had 2 and 1 didn't work when calling the lift.
- + Room cleanliness, quiet, polite / helpfull staff.
- – Television size too small for watching football and bacon at breakfast would be a plus.
nice hotel with friendly staff and close to the centre
City centre, reasonably good value
Good location, good value.
very good stay, no fuss, good price, clean and convenient
- + clean, modern, friendly staff, good price, good size rooms
- – Internet access isn't free, slightly out of the way (only slightly which might actually be a good thing)
comfortable hotel in a great position!
Â´Get a view to thew canal
- + I love Ibis, Ive been one month traveling in europe always in ibis.
- – I could'nt get a room in the canal and the view to the garden was not nice. The girl in reception never smiled or be kind.
- + Clean,comfortable, good service. We received our moneys worth.
- – None
IBIS near Waterlooplain decent
- + LOCATION - this is the major plus
- – The room was not spacious and we would enjoy more a room with a canal view, lunches could be more generous with more choices of fruits and vegies
Good friendly staff and clean hotel
Friendly staff and very clean hotel
- + Very friendly staff, very clean, great shower, good location just besides waterloo plein and walking distance of all tourist attractions.
- – Room just a meter to small
A well located smart hotel offering fantastic service
- + Good location and reasonably quiet. Reception staff very polite and helpful - recommended a fantastic local Indonesian restaurant and made a reservation on our behalf. The hotel was nicely decorated and modern and clean.
- – Would have liked a canal view.
Ibis Amsterdam City Stopera excellent location for touring Amsterdam
- + Excellent view of the canal.
- – It would be nice to have a coffee maker in each room. Price was a little high, but quality was excellent.
Just OK, but not Great
- + Clan, good location (close to MEtro)
- – Poor service in Bar/Restaurant.
A hotel chain you can trust for clean rooms and reasonable prices
- + Close to Waterlooplein market, Chinatown and the Red-Light District. Close enough to the Waterlooplein metro (which is 2 stations away to the Central Station for tram connections to other sights in Amsterdam. Waterlooplein station is also along the metro line to/from Amstel station where the Eurolines buses are located.
- – Nothing serious to not worth considering as a viable accommodation option in Amsterdam where hotel prices are extremely expensive.
- + The staff was friendly and the room was very clean and newly furnished.
- – The air-condition was really loud in this room. The breakfast was ok, but not very special.
May 2009, great place to stay
- + Very friendly, helpful staff. Good sized room with good sized, very clean, showerroom.
- – This is not the hotels fault but the street outside was stacked with rubbish over whole weekend, which had been put out for collection on Monday, so it was quite unpleasant walking past it to and from the hotel.
- + room at top floor into the court has a nice view over the city and is quiet
- – first we had a room at the 1st floor located stree-side which was very noisy
- + Price and nice hotel
- – Unfortunately there was dried urine on the toilet seat, it looks it has not been cleaned but covered with the papercover. This was really disapointing! Please give me feedback.
- + cleanliness and style of room, great shower
- – no room service especially for breakfast would be a plus!
- + Courteous staff, clean, comfortable at a great price. The location is very convenient and close to the center of Amsterdam. I requested for a room away from the main road - I was assigned a room overlooking the river - a wonderful view and very quiet indeed. The room is larger than standard Euro size hotels with a sitting area and desk.
- – Very minor - buffet attendant not present for early breakfast to refill fruit juice machine.
- + We loved the location and the staff was friendly.
- – Bed was not real comfortable. and breakfast was charged for my daughter who did not eat any.
Fantastic staff. Great Location. Small, uncomfortable beds
- + I would like to compliment you on your fantastic staff. the service they gave in every department was way better then I have experienced in most places
- – The room was a twin room, but there was no way we had room to pull the beds apart, which added with the small, narrow size of the beds did not lend themselves to a comfortable sleep. We may as well as been in the same bed.
- + the offers at the site, the breakfast time (until 12pm), the height and power of the shower (as my boyfriend is tall, that was a great thing)
- – somehow my reservation was not on the hotel's system, despite the fact that I had received a confirmation email
- + Staff very kind and helpful
Reasonable well pleased and would recommend to others
- + very good recently refurbished with well appointed shower room.Simple breakfast with good choice cooked menu from 6 am for early departures This suited our requirements.
- – Quiet location which may not suit some people although within 15 mins walking distance from Central Station connection to airport.Tea Coffee making facilities not available.We were aware of this and were prepared.
- + very lovely view of the canal, very quiet, very good value.
- – We told them this, but both rooms we stayed in (#7 and #9), had very slow shower drains, so that they filled up and spilled over into the bathroom floor. For some, it will be too far to walk to central town and restaurants. We like to walk, so no problem for us.
Good hotel to book in Amsterdam
Great stay in Amsterdam
- + Employees are very kind and helpul breakfeast is wonderful rooms arevery comfy
- – none
Quick trip to amsterdam!
- + Nice, clean rooms. Good and tasty breakfast.
- – The lift was a bit hard to understand, we had trouble with when to put the room-card in, and for how long to push the button. Could have been better explained, and instructions by the lifts.
Home comforts without a good cuppa tea!
- + Very quiet & simple 'travel-lodge' style rooms but close enough to the centre of the city.
- – Expensive for the type of room(in the UK you would pay half the price for this style of room) but average pricing for Amsterdam. I wish just one hotel in Holland would offer tea & coffee facilities in the room!!! Expensive breakfast! 15 euro's. (use the Eethuis (?)cafe up the road) fabulous service and full of locals, always a good sign!
Recommend, good price and very clean and comfortable
Stylish friendly good value
- + The service was excellent; very friendly and helpful. The room design is stylish and super-comfortable.
- – Maybe more choice at breakfast.
I good a good price on this booking otherwise hotel too expensive
A wonderful stay at Ibis Amsterdam City Stopera
- + Excellent breakfast served until 11 am
- – None
I enjoyed my stay at ibis Stopera hotel
- + Your front office personnel are excelent and very friendly.
- – The breakfast buffet is very good but needs some ideas to improve it and add more diversified items to the menue.
Weekend break option
- + The bed was incredibly comforable and it was good to have a spare pillow available in the room. The reception staff were great.
- – As it was undergoing renovation there was a lot of noise in the bar but that is really only a problem first thing in the morning if you have a hangover!
Nice week end in Amsterdam
- + Location within walking distance from the centre. Excellent price because of an offer, with even breakfast included. Very rich breakfast.
- – Absence of car parking, parking for the car extremely expensive.
clean, comfortable, friendly and good value for money
a good experience
Great hotel near the city centre
Overall a pleasant experience..thanks guys keep it up
Very friendly hotel
- + Excellent Hotel close to the centre.
a comfortable stay in ibis city stopera
- – pls provide breakfast for early risers as around from 4-5 am
Satisfied and ready to stay there again.
- + The staff are always ready to help when necessary
- – If,because of a delayed flight, you arrive at a time when the airport shuttles are not running any more, dealing with the public transport and the required changes and walks with two heavy suitcases is quite an experience! I rang the hotel before take-off, but the problem was underestimated. Only an expensive taxi would have made a difference.
- + we allways appreciate the Ibis-philosophy that offers a fair price-level by avoiding "unnessesary luxury"
- – in other Ibis-hotels we usually also find a hair dryer, so we didn't bring one with us.
- + Your staffs are fantastic
- – In my own opininon l think your price is quiete high compared to the price you will get for the same accoimmodation in England.
Generally good and friendly, nice environment
- + Reception: Quick check in and check out. Breakfast
- – small room for 3 persons. 3rd bed not comfortable Garden Terrace opened only for breakfast and it was closed throughout the rest of the day.
- + Good, filling breakfast, cosy bar, nice and quiet room. Quite near the Central Station.
- – Some variety to the breakfast could be nice? 7 times the scrambled eggs& sausages too much...
- + The hotel is situated in a prime location, from where we could visit the main tourist spots.
- – The drainage in our bathroom was clogged and the A/C was not working.
- + Excellent service, nice rooms which are spacious with view onto canal. Breakfast very good
- – Bathrooms very small with no bath.
- + We were very happy with both of our stays at this hotel. It is very centrally located and the staff could not be nicer or more helpful. I would definitely stay here again!
- + Breakfast was very good, excellent and peaceful location very closed to everything. Service was excellent as well.
- – Nothing to say.
- – Internet is not only not free, but extremely expensive!!!! Even 1 star hotels offer internet services for free!!! Nowadays is a standard service. I was deeply disappointed. I arrived after 18:00 hrs. and eventhough I called before to notify the hotel, when I arrived at 19:30 after a long trip my room was not yet available. Thi situation was absolutely uncomfortable as I had to leave the hotel to wait until the room was available. What I found also very disappointing was that I did not receive any kind of compensation for this inconvenient.
- + Very comfortable and clean room. Good breakfast with varieties and delicious food. Luggages storage available, which allow us to enjoy some sighseeing before boarding a late flight.
- – Can't think of any particular minus points.
- + Excelent Location. We also enjoyed the breakfast (although I missed the bacon!) and the bar. And the view over the canal was very nice. The room and bathroom was good.
- – We found the beds a bit hard. An extra madress (or the possibility to borrow one) would have been nice. There was problems with the airport shutle when we were about to leave. I ordered and payed for it. But evidently none was ordered by the hotell. We appriciated however that the staff got us a taxi instead for no extra cost.
- + Very nice view from the window from room 403
- + Very polite / helpful staff. Most of the hotel amenaties are of good quality. We enjoyed our stay very much. Will come back again.
- – Smoking throughout the hotel. Breakfast room tight for space. No hair drier in rooms or tea coffee making facility.
- + The hotel is in a great location and is very modern and clean, hotel staff very pleasant and always were on hand to help out.
- – only point when going to get breafast it is very expensive as its a buffey they have a set charge as i only got a small roll with jam i was been charged 16euro, so just to watch out for this, i did not pay this as the hotel receptionist understood where i was coming from, but other company that i was with did as they didnt realise.
- + Friendly Staff. Stopped here 5 times everytime i go to amsterdam. not that far from the dam square. about 5 mines walk away would defintly stop here again thinking if going back in April
- – The breakfast is nothing complicated. cereals toast tea, coffee, etc
- + The Staff were very friendly and made our stay very enjoyable and cosy. When we got off the train @ central station the directions by sign post were very handy and we found the hotel no problem. We found the location very good. We would stay in this hotel again and hope its very soon. We had a brilliant stay thanks very much
- – This is not a bad minus but we thought the breaskfast was very experience. You have to pay a set price of 14euro having said this its all you can eat and was very nice.
- + good location, clean rooms
- – Although the 'do not disturb' sign was on the door, each morning the cleaning staff telephoned the room and woke us up. price has increased - wanted to stay again in march but more expensive!
- + Well located
- – Breakfast price outrageously high, about 3 times more than in Canada. No reduction for stays of many consecutive days. Higher prices on weekends even when stay began before and ended after.
- + Very peaceful,away from the hussle of the city
- + Nice clean rooms with a strange pod for a bathroom but very good none the less.
- – I cant really think of any, I stayed here because I've stayed before and enjoyed it.
- + -good location -breakfast included:so hard to find it out in other hotels
- – -rooms are so tight...also bathrooms -
- + Location
- – unprofessional staff at reception desk
- + The service is good and kind.
- – The entrance at night is sometimes exausting, because you have to wait for a long time for the night clerck to open the door....
- + Basicly this is a very good hotel thats just located outside the center of Amsterdam, towards the side, and everything is within walking distance. If I go back to Amsterdam I will book this hotel again.
- – Out of the two rooms that I booked, one of the t.v.'s didn't work properly and the windows don't open all the way either.
- + Central location Reasonable cost Good food in restaurant
- – No tea/coffee making facilities in room Some of the guests were noisy in their rooms One of the cleaners was incredibly rude
- + we had very pleasant stay, and felt very welcome, and got all the help we needed. The staff was very friendly. we will absaloutly stay again :) best regards from Iceland
- – we could not make coffee in the room, that is the only fault we can say about the hotel :)
- + Very Clean
- – We were not told on arrival that my mothers visa card would be debited with the entire cost of the stay, plus 30 Euros. This was deducted immediately from her bank account, and left her with no ready money available during her stay. Although I was able to give her money, she was very distressed, and it spoiled our entire weekend. I had explained that I was paying cash, and I understood that the card was just for surety. Only today my mother has had her money returned to her bank account. Which I think is outrageous.
- + Good location, full breakfast.
- – None
- + large shower good breakfast
- – small rooms no free internet connection
- + Good location, easy walk to major sights. Staff helpful at reception.
- – Nearby parking (EUR 34 per day) was very expensive.
- + Very clean rooms, which is not always the case in 'no frills' hotels. Breakfast also fine for the price (although some rather dirty crockery prevented me from having cereal!!) Overall good value for money and a perfectly adequate place to stay for the weekend - rooms are too small to stay much longer.
- – Receptionists helpful but a little impatient when dealing with a queue of customers (although the male receptionist at check-out was excellent). Bar staff also very friendly, shame about horribly smoky bar. Triple rooms are rather small and person in extra bed bumped against shelf several times in the night!
- + QUIET ROOM BREAKFAST IN THE LARGE, PLEASANT ROOM WAS GOOD AND THERE WAS SUFFICIENT CHOICE OF FOOD WHICH WAS REPLENISHED WHEN NECESSARY
- – WE NEEDED 2 TRIPLE ROOMS TO SHARE WITH OUR FAMILY. WE WERE GIVEN ROOMS IN DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE HOTEL (1 ROOM ON FLOOR 2 IN ONE BUILDING AND 2ND ROOM ON FLOOR 7 IN ANOTHER BUILDING - NOT GOOD ENOUGH WHEN WE HAD ONE BOOKING MADE MONTHS BEFORE.WE BELIEVE A MISTAKE WAS MADE ON RECEPTION AND THAT THE ROOMS SHOULD HAVE BEEN ADJACENT.(204 AND 203)...WE SAW THAT 203 HAD BEEN CROSSED OUT AND 729 HAD BEEN SUBSTITUTED. THE RESTAURANT/SNACK BAR WAS SMOKY AND MENU RESTRICTED.(SMOKING SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED WHERE PEOPLE ARE EATING). IT WOULD BE GOOD TO HAVE A COMPLIMENTARY TRAY OF TEA/COFFEE IN EACH ROOM.
- + very clean and close to grocery store and tourist attractions
- – the room was a little small, there was no where to just relax and talk. also, it would be nice if there was a fridge or an ice machine to keep drinks and food cold.
- + The bathroom was very pretty and rather big.
- – The room was a bit small for 3 persons.
- + The maid service was exceptional with the option of clean towels etc daily. The reception staff are more than willing to accomodate and are very polite and helpful. We were more than thrilled with our lovely stay at the Ibis Stopera Hotel and will be staying with yourselves again! Thankyou very much.
- – Not much to say here as our stay was excellent, the food and cleanliness was outstanding and the staff very approachable and considerate. However, the room was very small considering it was a triple room for three persons.
- + reception staff were very welcoming and helpful
- – no tea making facilities in the room after a tiring day out thesewould have been most welcome
- + on the water
- – too expensive
- + Room was very nice, clean and had a large shower, and a lovely view of the canal.
- – Drinks expensive in hotel bar.
- + good service and breakfast , especially because breakfast is open until 11 am
- – very noisy, next to a busy street. relatively expensive
- + great shower
- – noisey on the front of the hotel,no tea/coffee in rooms.
- + A clean and well maintained pleasurable experience. Good breakfast, modern tidy rooms group can be proud of this gem
- – location causes some transport problems, bus 22 or subway at a distance not really bad though. Difficult with luggage internet should be cheaper and also the breakfast or room rate
- + friendly, efficient staff, good breakfasts, relaxed atmosphere - enjoyed my stay.
- – none
- + Clean, comfortable, good location. Doesn't look that pretty from the front, but we had a beautiful view over the canal at the back. Very handy for most attractions. Relaxed atmosphere, good breakfast. Nice bar. We would definitely stay there again.
- – There seemed to be only one hairdryer for the whole of the hotel!
- + good location, value for money, staff wer nice will stay again there
- – room was small for three people could have been a bit more bigger , some staff wer not nice but some wer very nice, needs a fridge in room
- + Boa localização, dá para ir a pé para os pontos de interesse. Quarto não grande mas muito confortável. Higiéne. Vista para canal muito bonita. Sossegado. Peq almoço bem razoável.
- + Very clean modern room. Great view straight over the canal. Great clean bathroom and shower. Very friendly staff and friendly atmosphere. Good breakfast. Highly recommended for a long weekend.
- – Difficult to find a minus point but if there was one I guess it would be that the room was smallish for 2 persons. Even so, it was adequate for our needs.
- + The canal side rooms are quiet and nice Good service and rich breakfast Not far from good communications (5 min walk to tram)
- – Air conditioning in the room and bathroom could be better
- + Your employees at the desk were all very good except for one trainee who was not very helpful. She obviously needed more training or a different attitude.
- + smoking rooms, nice location
- – very old tv, breakfast only till 11 am., can't open window full, save doesn't work, firestation near the hotel
- + friendly personal
- – small rooms
- + Friendly and helpful staff
- – It would be nice to have a min bar in the room
- + Very helpful and friendly staff. Good shower. Good breakfast.
- – Triple room very small (3rd bed also too small).
- + Good service Good place Clean Helpful and nice service
- – Public transport not very close, 10-15 mins of walk
- – no free parking,
- + very helpful staff
- – breakfast was a little overpriced
- + very good choice,near center
- – no mini bar
- + optimal location, perfect transport service to airport (shuttle)
- – very noisy room, due to door closing in near rooms
- + very handy to central station, tourist office,supermarket and not to expensive restaurants. We requested and received non-smoking room and quite room at the rear of the hotel.
- – European hotels that don't have coffee and tea making facilities.
- + Good clean hotel ideally situated for sight seeing in the city centre, but away from busy streets. Good selection of food at breakfast.
- – A bit expensive, but better quality than some of the cheap hotels in the city. You get what you pay for. Disappointed the bar closed to residents at 1:00am.
- + good price/quality and modern style rooms. Close to the center-city
- – Triple Rooms are too small for 3 persons. Breakfast price is too high.
- + Hotel location was better than expected. Rooms were clean & comfortable.
- – Air-con wasn't very good
- + Nice friendly staff, Clean Quiet hotel,
- – No tea and coffee making facilities in the bed room.
- + The room was quite nice. As with all the other reviews the shower was large, and the bed was comfortable. All the staff were friendly, and helpful when we needed them. We asked for a room on the canal, so the view was amazing. We found the taxis to be reasonably price if it is too late for public transport which is just a short walk away.
- – Whatever you do, do not order the room service pizza. Also the breakfast is overpriced.
- + ground floor canal side room was nice and quiet, comfortable beds, excellent breakfast, good location.
- + Generally good value for money. It's difficult to find a similarly priced hotel close to central Amsterdam.
- – 1. I think it's time to review the policy of not having coffee and tea facilities in the rooms. 2. I was twice given a room facing the inner courtyard, even though I specifically asked for a canal view.
- + Friendly staff
- – Rooms are very small. Third bed in triple rooms is far too small
- + Good location, good service, weekend breakfast included. I stayed there in may, with my son and my parents, booked by internet without credit card number in advance, and everything was OK when we arrived.
- – Too hot at night in bed; they shoud have the option of having a bedsheet
- + The rest of the staff were fantastic, very friendly and helpful. Nice, clean and modern at a reasonable price. Good breakfast buffet
- – Rude staff member in the dining room clearing the dishes. The downstairs bar/restaurant was full of rowdy drunks at 6 pm and we had to go elsewhere for dinner.
- + clean, cosy, warm and housy place
- – no service to rooms. I had to give my laundry by myself to the reception. Also no hair dryer in the room. No pen in the room :)
- + Very clean and light.
- – Smoking permited in rooms.
- + Good breakfast, wide choice.
- – Week-end price on the high side.
- + front desk service is A +
- – size of the bedroom ( quite small) & cost of the internet access ( too expensive)
- + I specifically requested that my room not to be disturbed throughout my visit and this was honoured.
- – Â¤387 is a lot of money for a 3 day stay. Rates should be per person, not per room.
- + location
- – We have booked one room with double bed and the receiptionists gave us a room with three small beds! It's not comfortable for a person to live in the room along with three small beds.
- + spotlessly clean hotel, with all but one of the staff being polite and helpful. delicious meal in the restaurant lovely breakfast
- – air conditioning not working and rooms very hot so we had to open the window. as we were on the first floor at the front of the hotel this meant that it was so noisy that sleeping was not easy!! I was unable to eat in the restaurant and charge the bill to my room account.
- + being a wheelchair user i found the hotel very accessible i did not use the restaurant but did notice some steps not sure about access otherwise found staff very nice and helpful. we both enjoyed our stay and would stay again.hygiene excellent,staff very polite,service excellent,overall would recommend
- – tea and coffee making in room would be nice
- + Die Lage ist sehr gut. Vieles ist zu Fuß zu erreichen. In der Nähe Haltestellen von Straßenbahn und U-Bahn, Supermarkt um die Ecke. Empfehlenswerter Besuch des Blumenparks Keukenhof, 7-Stunden-Ausflug bei einer Agentur gebucht. Tolles Taxi zum Flughafen zu einem annehmbaren Preis, bestellt an der Rezeption. Massenansturm bei den Checkin-Schaltern am Flughafen Amsterdam (Karwoche)! In Stoßzeiten früher am Flughafen sein! Bei einem neuerlichen Urlaub würde ich auf jeden Fall dieses Hotel wieder nehmen!
- – Das Frühstück ist teuer! Aber das Angebot war für uns in Ordnung. Ich bat die Rezeptionistin, die Uhrzeit meines Rückflugs zu überprüfen. Da ich die Telefonnummer des Flughafens nicht wußte, lehnte sie meinen Wunsch ab (keine Hilfestellung - Telefonbuch, Internet ...).
- – No hair dryer in the bathroom.
- + Very nice rooms, ideal sice. Ok breakfast, lots too choose from.
- – I can not understand why a large beer i the bar should cost 6 euro, that is too expensive. Therefor we only drank 1, the rest we drank outside the hotel.
- + Close proximety to city centre.
- – Not being able to book in before 2pm
- + Great experience. Great breakfast.
- + Nice, clean rooms. Pleasant staff.
- – No minibar and no coffee- or tea-making facilities.
- + Your hotel is very well situated, quite comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful, we would stay with you again.
- – our only complaint is that the bar prices were extortionate, we accept that hotels always charge a little more for drinks, and Amsterdam is an expensive city for a night out but your prices were way out of line with other bars and restaraunts we visited.
- + Very helpful and friendly staff, nothing we asked was too much trouble for them. Breakfast was open till 11.30am which was wonderful and the selection was delicious and restocked regularly so that there was plenty on display. Our room was very clean and the service for the room was outstanding. My travel companions and myself would definately use this hotel again and recommend it to friends who would be visiting the area.
- + That is difficult to give more pluses, than I pointed above. Cocluded: I will stay in Ibis City Stopera Amsterdam if I will visit Amsterdam once again.
- – Just one: no hotel parking, but extremely expensive street parking or also expensive nearby parking, however it does not destroy my positive opinion about Ibis City Stopera Amsterdam.
- + very clean and pleasant
- – A miss of place to hang clothes (specially when they were wet because of rain)
- – No hay habitaciones cuadruples
- + nice staff but quite busy, the location was good not too close to the centre so it was quiet but the walk in was a distance but nothing to put me off. the shower was awsome had about 3 a day.
- – some time the rooms weren't cleaned but that could have been my fault when they were they were done very well
- + The room was very clean and comfortable. we had a lovely quiet room overlooking the canal. We were not disturbed by any noisy guests coming and going as in some other hotels. We would stay there again.
- – No tea making facility in the room.
- + Comfortable room.
- – On arrival we were initially ignored by the receptionist. During the checking in process we were advised that an additional key deposit was required. The bar service was not obvious, did I need to go to the bar waiter to order drinks or did they serve you at the table, I gave up waiting and went to the bar to order drinks. The shuttle bus service to and from the airport was not well advertised. Had we known about this service we would not have travelled by taxi and train.
- + very good breakfast. excellent location.
- – the cleaninng crew is very loud. this isn't a hotel for long sleepers. fortunally, that was'nt a problem.
- + Very good hotel with rooms to a fair price.
- – The room was a little too small for 3 persons when you are staying for more than a weekend. Maybee suspenders or hooks with hangers could be put op for your coats
- + Brilliant place to stay, loved the big high powered shower!
- + Excellent location, friendly atmosphere. Very clean.
- – There was a little noice at night in the corridor. I would appreciate tissues in the bathroom.
- + The location of the hotel was very convenient, the accommodation adequate in all respects and the price was reasonable. Excellent value for money, I would stay there again.
- + Close to the center but not busy. Very kind and helpful staff . Very clean and silent rooms. Very appropiated to travel with children.
- + Lovely hotel. Very clean and staff are very friendly and speak perfect English. The burgers in the restaurant are gorgeous. Rooms are standard but the bathroom I thought was nice and compact. Take your own travel kettle and ask for milk from the downstairs bar (I got it free!) If you dont mind walking abit do not hesitate in booking this hotel.....it is clean, friendly and the only downside is the location but you have to compromise somewhere for such a good price!
- – Ask for a canal view when you arrive. I have stayed twice at this hotel, once with a canal view, and another with a road view. The road never sleeps and the windows are not what you would call noise proof (Still managed to get a good night sleep though). 15 minute walk to Dam Square! Doesnt sound much but a few times a day knocks hours off your total holiday time!
- + Breakfast was very good with a wide variety of food to choose from.
- + Bathrooms were excelent.. location was good not to far from the dam square and not to close just right.. about a 5 minute walk to the center.
- – The pillows is our room were rubbish and needed replaced this was no problem...they replaced them The hotel bar s expensive and sometimes the service can be slow...but its always the same with hotels :-)
- + close to sisters home
- + close to sidters home
- + It is a very quiet hotel and only about 10 mins walk from Dam Square
- – When we were checking out reception was busy with new arivals and there was only one person on the desk.
- + Clean, silent and friendly staff. I recommend and would stay there again.
- – Location is not so good, but not bad!
- + Helpful staff, good breakfast, excellent bathroom, good value
- + Hotel was very clean and staff in reception were extremely helpful.
- – Food quality was atrocious. It was like frozen food just heated and served. Prices in the bar for beer were extremely expensive.
- + the male clerks on reception on the 3rd and 4th of december 2005 were helpful and even gave me an umbrella to borrow as it was raining. I felt at home with their humour and yet they were professional in their approach to customer care. they were so polite. thankyou.
- – The food choice after 10pm is limited , especially after a night flight! (not everyone likes pizza ! )
- + Lovely Showers in the rooms
- – I didn't like the way we had to pay up front for the stay in your hotel. I thought the prices of drink in the bar were a little bit steep.
- + CLean,friendly stuff,nearby is really good services. Safe feelings.
- – Hotel is very difficult to locate if you use tram and step out for waterlooplein,also walking distance to amsterdam cs to hotel feels very long. Really expensive breakfast,normal price should something about 3-6 Â¤ just like scandinavian countrys.
- + A clean hotel in a good location. Staff very friendly and helpful
- – The third bed could have been a normal single bed luckily the person sleeping in the bed was small. would have been nice to have been able to make tea and coffee in the room.
- + clean, comfortable and very friendly & helpful staff. Plenty of hot water for the showers. As we were at the back of the hotel, there was very little traffic noise. Check in and out was fast,easy and a very pleasant experience,
- – The room was a bit cramped for three adults and storage space was minimal. the 3rd bed was a pull down bed under the window, no hair dryer or tea making facilities in the room (although we came prepared)
- – HEATING SYSTEM WAS OFF... IT IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT COMFORT CONDITION. CUSTOMERS SHOULD CHANGE THE ROOM TEMPERATURE ACCORDING TO THEIR COMFORT NOT TO THE HOTEL MANAGEMENT.
- – Third bed was not verry comftable
- + The hotel was clean. The staff were pleasent
- – The hotel seemed very busy when we arrived, and their was only one member of staff operating the telephones and dealing with new arrivals.
- + The breakfast buffet is excellent. Also the service and help we received from the staff at the front desk was excellent.
- – Your beds are too hard! It cost us much needed sleep! We won't stay at any Ibis again because of this.
- + The staff in the hotel were lovely and they could not be faulted in any way.
- – We did think the price of our stay was on the expensive side as we were a 10 minute walk from the city centre and our friends who stayed in the Ibis Centre paid the same price. Also I think the hotel should provide adaptors in order that guests can plug in hairdryers, hair straightners etc.
- + The showers are superb
- – Beer is a bit expensive
- + The room was cheap... but now I know why, because the rooms were really small, old and ugly. It was not að nice environment to be in on a vacation. The breakfast was pretty good.
- – The rooms were really small, old and ugly.
- + impressive bathroom clean and large shower.
- – beds very uncomfortable in triple room the single bed was a basic camp bed.
- + Location was very good, and it was convenient to have a parking garage next to the hotel.
- – No airconditioning, and the beds were not that comfortable. Also the elevators in the hotel were not that large. And there was no free parking available.
- + Location was good
- – The breakfast was not good the variety of breads and other stuff was not enough and for the price really poor. The phone in the room was not connecting to any of services like reception and all other services.
- + Very friendly, helpful and courteous staff
- – No tea / coffee making in rooms A number in our party came home with insect bites they think from the proximity to the canal
- + Will book again whenever I visit your city again
- – None to mention
- + It had a bar.
- – A little far from the centre, it should not be classed as central.
- + The hotel employees where very curtious and very helpful. The hotel was clean and centraly located.
- – The hotel had no wash clothes only hand towels and towels, the air conditioning in the room worked but the air wasnt very cold, and the room and bathroom was quite small but everything in amsterdam seemed small.They also charged for calls even though we used a calling card.
- + Exceptional value for money; excellent service; very comfortable rooms; Would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone looking for accommodation in Amsterdam. Thank you for a fantastic stay!
- – A little noisy (street noise).
- + All persons of the hotel staff are very kind, they give excellent information an they always try to help.
- – In the evening the service in the restaurant is very slow
- + Very good friendly staff. Very clean. Convenient location.
- – I would have liked a sandwich late at night but the server didn't know if they had butter on as they came ready made and as I can't eat butter I couldn't order one. I think sandwiches should be made fresh on the premises. It doesn't take long to make a sandwich.
- – Bad ventilation in shower, mirrors in shower must be equiped with heater to see something in mirror after shower. Quality of breakfast.
- + Price is good.
- – Discontinue all smoking in the building. Everything stinks.
- + Reception personal was most helpful. Close to Metro
- – 3 bed accommodation- the third bed was in a small area below the window- not suitable for an adult. For three adults the room was very/too small Breakfast was offerd at 10 Euro. we had the same breakfast just down the street for 6 Euro. Would not stay there again
- + Location was excellent and food was very good.
- – Hair dryer should be provided in each room. Did not discover that there was no dryer until hair was washed. It is not convenient to go to reception to hire dryer.