- Score: 8.2 / 10 Score of 34 reviews
All reviews are completed by our guests after their stay at the hotel NH Krasnapolsky Hotel Amsterdam.
Solid traditional hotel right in the middle of the action
- + Great location, standard room good for us, comfortable bed, good shower
- – Only one dressing gown provided! Heating either very warm or cold
- * my tip Book museums on line in advance - no queueing
Great location and Comfy with it
- + Location unbeatable and rooms very comfortable and quiet even at the really busy times of year. Easy to catch up on sleep after partying in comfy, clean rooms.
- – Reception seems to be getting slower and slower as the years go by...
- * my tip Kalverstraat for great shopping and Tuchinski for a real cinema with atmosphere...
This is a comfortable, welcoming and friendly hotel, well situated in
- + Freindly staff, very pleasant welcome
- – One concierge gave us completely false information: directed us to a department store that had been closed for renovations for months and to a very touristy and very poor restaruant (Oude Holland) when we had specifically asked for a recommendation for a restaurant patronised by locals.
- * my tip Enjoyed the Scheepsvaart museum as well as the traditional museums.
Very nice location, rooms, people and a good breakfast.
- + I was met by a very nice receptionist, who made a very good first impression.
A very comfortable hotel right in the city centre
I always look forward to staying in this great hotel with all its hist
- * my tip Excellent Hotel with warm and friendly service - The highlight of my stays is dining at the Reflet Restaurant.
the hotel is fine except of internen service. good stuff,recomendede
- + cleaning is very very late in the day.the wi.fi service is very good in the lobby and business center. but very poor in the rooms.the price is o.k. for the season. otherwise it is very expensive for a normal business staying.in general it is a good hotel and service
- * my tip to clean the rooms at better time. not at 5 p.m.
- + Our room was nicely decorated and spacious. We liked the extended window which let us see tha canal and the Dam
- – The doorman was not always at the front door to meet guests
Great Hotel for a City Break
- + Great Location many thanks for making an effort with our anniversary
- – room a little tired for a 5 star room 5122 we were awakened by a loud noise for either above our room or behind we think it was from the water pipes when running a bath 6.45 am called for express check out and no one came
Wonderful hotel in a wonderful location
- + Perfect location for shopping and sightseeing.
- – Due to the hot weather we experienced in May 2012, a pool would have been good, but I know that is not possible.
- * my tip Great location, standard room was very good standard and staff very attentive and nothing was too much.
Great Location and Quality
- + fantastic quality, the remodelled rooms have put it back up with the best in Amsterdam. Location probably unbeatable, as a trade off against proximity to Central Station vs City Centre attractions. Good proffessional staff too.
- – floors seemed to be a litle neglected in the cleaning regime, the new board floors could do with a mop each day instead of a cursory sweep.
old ,tired ,tired staff,breakfast buffet cold ,no waiters,dreadful
- + none ,totally wrong fro a 5 star hotel ,worst i have ever stayed in ,stayed here many times before ,its not the same terrible.
- – given a non smoking room which smelt of cigarettes,breakfast was stone cold buffet ,the maitre de said his hot plates were not working ,i said he eggs benedict were stone cold ,he touched it with his finger ,said it was warm and left it on the buffet for a customer to put on his plate ,we were moved to a new room which looked like star wars ,no warmth ,kept waiting until 4 pm on a sunday for a room ,many customers checking out smoking joints reception area looked tired,never stay here again ,ripped out the soul of the hotel.
Central location, good service but old fashion rooms
- + Wonderful breakfast in the winther garden and the hotel is in the middle of everything in the center of Amsterdam.
- – The standard room was old fashion and in need of redecoration. The wallpaper was off some places. But big room, that is a plus.
Sorry I will never stay with you again.
- + The history of the hotel. Breakfast in the Winter gardens
- – Left to bring my own luggage into the hotel as 3 employees wastched. Very tired room. Corridor smelled of pee. Very sad as I have stayed there many times. I will never stay again. Not the hotel it used to be. There is better value to be had.
not luxury but luxurious- would stay again
- + location, all toiletries provided so if you forget any of them-which i did-a massive plus, large comfortable room, very comfortable bed and pillows, free water on the reception, very welcoming after the walk from the station.
- – not able to check in until 3pm although we arrived at 11am-we were able to leave our luggage though, asked for smoking room when booking but not given one, wiew from room-paid extra for best room available mmm.
Convenient location for all of Amsterdams sights
- + Convenient central location, friendly atmosphere from staff, all very helpful. Room clean & tidy.
- – Not luxurious, in my opinion for a 5 star hotel, expensive from that point of view, room although clean & tidy was "tired" and needed to be freshened up.
- + Super breakfast, cheerfull and helpfull crew.
Luxury and comfort at the Dam
- + Goededag. This was just excellent. Next time we will stay at the Krasnapolsky the whole visit, now we moved to a guesthouse after the first two nights in the city to save a few euros. The service was perfect and the rooms are as luxorious as they get. Dankjewell! Mit vriendelijke groeten, Atli & Rosa
Great location, housekeeping not so great!
- + Location
- – Towels weren't changed just hung up. Facetowels were folded back near the sink even though they were soaking wet. Terrible housekeeping!
- + True customer loyalty. I only booked a single room, and the hotel upgraded me to a junior suite with no additional costs.
- – None
The Krasnapolsky is in a great location to see the major sights of Am
one word : disapointing
- – unpleasant staff - very bas room - very very small and bad bathroom - one word disapointing
Nice hotel but a bit dated
- + The hotel was in a great location with it being in damn square it is only a short walk from the train station which makes it easily accessible from the airport.
- – Due to the location it can be noisy during the day and at night time, we stayed on the third floor at the front of the hotel and could hear cheering from damn square during the day and people on the street during the night. The hotel needs to be modernised, the room was clean except for stains on the chairs in the room, but the overall observation would be that the room decor was very dated and the bathroom felt like a hospital batroom.
great! We are coming back!
- + The very best service at the concierge desk! Please say thank you to mr Blum(?)
Great location, very comfortable
Friendly good business hotel
Great place for a weekend in Amsterdam .
- + location,services
- – no free wifi internet connection
Great location, breakfast a must have...
- + This is my second stay and we had a room in the newer section which is much nicer than the old one . I hope on my next visit i will be able to get a room in the same section
- – no help with luggage upon arrival
My stay at the Krasnapolsky Hotel Amsterdam
- + Walking distance to the Central Station, the shopping belt and the historical parts of Amsterdam. Good restaurants in the neighborhood. Good connection by train to the airport and elsewhere. Staff are generally helpful.
- – Some rooms are not properly cleaned (especially the bathroom). Some tiles are stained or chipped. Quite unsightly for a hotel in this category. Some front desk staff do not know the computer systems well especially the NH World Loyalty card. I only discovered In July 2010 that some of my visits at the hotel had not been updated in the system. Nobody had told me when I settled my bills to redeem my points. As a result, I was unable to redeem my loyalty points points before they expired. ( I do not have an overview of my points.) The system was often not updated when the staff removed some items in the fridge to make room for my personal items. As a result, I was often billed for mini-bar items which have to be rectified. This can be quite irritating.
wonderful hotel in amsterdam
- + Center place, luxury and beautiful, comfort, not noise, maxi service, romantic hotel and parking
- – expensive parking
high quality accommodation
- + breakfast location quality of accommodation
Excellent but needs more flexiblity
- + Good service, excellent comfort, hygiene and location.
- – - Reception desk refuses to give change for Euro 500 bill asking me to go to bank. - Refusal to extend check out time from 12 noon to 13:00 hh unless you pay Euro 30 which is not the practice in all hotels I stayed in before.
A taste of luxury in Amsterdam
- + Loved our experience. Staff were all warm, friendly and professional. It was quiet and in the centre of Amsterdam.
Excellent service, best city centre location
- + Excellent service, staff willing to serve with smile
Appalling check in service and rooms unavailable when booked in advanc
- + Convienient
- – Our rooms were not available when we arrived, and in fact the reception said there was only 1 room booked when we had booked 4 rooms. They then disputed our booking, but we clearly had the evidence of booking 4 rooms. Then they upgraded us to a @remote part' of the hotel, not in the main building, and one of the rooms we were allocated was already occupied, so int he end we only got 3 rooms !! Then on check out they tried to charge us for upgrades !!! - This was totally appalling and unacceptable.
the size was excellent.
The toilet seat was broken. Getting the apartment was not a benefit if we were not prepared for an apartment.
The front desk offered a restraunt that was closed on
- + the size was excellent.
The toilet seat was broken. Getting the apartment was not a benefit if we were not prepared for an apartment.
The front desk offered a restraunt that was closed on
- + Breakfast room and Buffet were incredible. Enjoyed our stay immensely.
Excellent weekend in Amsterdam
- + At the reception the colleagues were allways kind
- – wifi at rooms would be useful, I missed the wellness, spa part of the hotel. The minibar was kidding us, we took out some peaces (just to have a look, feor example the ring for the bycicle), and only after read the information of he operation of it. It was a little bit unpleasant. Our flight left only in the late afternoon, and it was dificult to leave the room at 12, I do not understand, why only on Sunday do you have free late check out possibility.
Location great, the mattress could be better
- + Location
- – Deluxe room was not so deluxe as I expected. Compared to Finnish deluxe hotel rooms and also considering the price of the room, I was a little dissappointed. F. eg. it would be nice if there would be another, thin mattress on the thick mattress. That would be more hygienic and comfortable than to sleep on a sheet. You could feel the strings of the mattress in your back and the mattress felt sticky.
- + Comfortable room. Staff charming and helpful - but overworked.
- – Noisy aircon - noisy if window open as well. WiFi arrangements are an absolute dog. Useless free service and very overpriced paid service. Other hotels nearby offer free WiFi to a high standard. Breakfast overpriced and not all that special.
- + Very good area
- – The concierge tried to con me for more money for a Taxi, more than double
- + ..
- – ..
Excellent hotel in great location
- + Good staff, great location and well priced. Overall it was an enjoyable stay and we will be returning.
- – Can't really think of any. I suppose at busy times, the reception can be chaotic but that is to be expected.
Lovely, but not sure if it's a 5 star
- + After several poor experiences with NH Hotels throughout Europe (and several complaints to their head office) I was upgraded to a suite.
- – Very poor and disorganized check in/out process. Waited 20 minutes to check in and there were only two people ahead of me. The front desk staff don't manage the queue at all and allow people to just walk up and jump the queue and get served. This happened three times while I was waiting.
brilliant but expensive
- + great location, very professional friendly staff. hygeniec brilliant building
- – expensive
Lovely staff and hotel.
- + When staying in Amsterdam, I hope to be in Krasnapolski. I have been first time there in early 80's
- – Rooms are rather small, especially the bathroom
- + I tried to stay in this hotel, just wants to know about the services. I have anticipated that the case similar to my wive could happen again to me. But I found the receptionist were nice and the service was good.
- – My wife have stayed in this hotel on 1-5 April 2010. After 1 day she was "kicked out" by reception staff to move to Barbizon hotel. After long argument, she can stay at Krasnapolsky untul 5 April. This was strange as the hotel tried to move their guest to other hotel without any reason at all.
- – poor information about museums!
Everything is perfect except breakfast fee rule
- – For the breakfast we had to pay 28,50 € however we noticed that some other customers pay only 17,50 € because they say that they won't eat much. How can you check this? We don't liked to be treatened as stupid for this subject. You should review this policy.
- + Great location, great rooms, have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions
Best Dam Hotel.
- + Fantastic location and view of Dam Sq. Bar and portering staff were excellent. Reception helpful. Breakfast in the wintergarden was wonderful though staff rushed to close. Business facilities excellent.
- – 'Double' bed was two singles pushed together.
Very comfortable and well located.
- + Staff is very helpful and friendly. Breakfast in the wintergarden is great!
- – Large congress groups gives a busy touch. A bit more of the-grand-hotel-touch would be nice.
- – Internet was expensive especially when we were stuck at the hotel for four extra days
i had a nice holiday and i will return some time soon with more friend
ONLY GOOD LOCATION, NOTHING MORE THAN THAT. DEFINITELY OVERRATED
- – RACISTS AGAINST SMOKERS
- + My wife and I both enjoyed our stay at the Krasnapolsky Hotel Amsterdam. It is a very friendly hotel in a great location. Sven at reception was excellent and very helpful, and we would recommend the hotel to all our friends.
- – The food was expensive.
Location great, everything else just okay.
- + Location, location, location. Everything you need is there, it's just not very sexy or luxurious.
- – Mini bars that don't let you put your own water or Diet Coke in without charging you for simply moving a bottle you don't consume really irritate me. This usually happens in cheaper and lower grade hotels than yours.
- + The receptionist Lisa is the most beautiful girl I saw all weekend
- – Room was small and no door on bathroom
- + Fantastic stay in a beautiful hotel, for a fraction of the 'standard' price! Reception staff were very polite, welcoming, helpful... In fact, all the staff were friendly... Great location too!!
- + Bedroom very pleasant. Winter Garden breakfast room architecturally spectacular, though the food somewhat standard. Reflet restaurant good.
- – Extraordinarily high prices for laundry. Internet service not included.
great location, dated rooms!
- + location, location, location!!!
- – standard rooms are very dated, doublebed is too small
Excellent location, otherwise room for improvement
- + Excellent location
- – The hotel needs to be refurbished, also handling of consecutive reservations should be improved
comfortable but expensive
- + the winter garden is lovely for breakfast, bar staff are excellent
- – check in particularly seems to take a long time, and its mostly the computer system rather than the staff. I have stayed twice now and there has on both occasions also been a disagreement going on with a customer while I was checking in. More staff needed.
Wallowing in its own reputation
- + The location
- – Price is 5 star, service is 2 star. The attitude of the staff is "take it or leave it"
Not really 5 star more like 3 and should be priced like it!
- + Handy for Dam Sq/RLD. Looks nice from outside. Large room. Lotsa free toiletries.
- – lengthy checkin, some cr*p about 100 Euro "deposit" (never heard that rubbish at any other hotels in AMS/NL!) Only stayed here cos I got a deal, and would be livid if I payed full price cos its no better than most 3 star hotels in area. Customer service was poor and room was drab
Too bad with the moths - the breakfast winter garden was excellent!
- – Hygiene poor - we had moths in the room! So we had to move to another room! But no one said sorry or anything - the receptionist changed the room at once - but that was all.
Ideal place to stay in Amsterdam
excellent choice for comfortable stay in central Amsterdam
- + Excellent central location, spacious and comfortable rooms
- – all restaurants were closed on Sunday when I was there
I had a nice stay.
Very nice hotel
- + This is the second time I stayed in this hotel and am continued to be impressed by this hotel. Yes, it is expensive even after the online booking discount but given the fantastic location and its amenities, it is worthwhile. With the exception of the couple of points (relatively minor) mentioned below about the reception desk and related services, everything else is outstanding.
- – When I tried to check in on Sat. around noon, the reception desk area was like a zoo, full of people. I had to wait for about 20 minutes, then there was hesitation with the young lady receptionist. Finally, a young man came over and said curtly "The check in time is 3 pm; all rooms are being cleaned. You'll have to come back at 3 pm." I asked for a Manager and this very nice lady came out; what we eventually did was that I paid extra to upgrade to a larger and better room facing the Dam Plaza and I was able to check in right away. It seems to me that young man could have been trained to be more helpful in a classy hotel like this one. It was a good thing that I asked for a copy of the bill to review the night before I checked out. The major part of my room was prepaid and they made a mistake of charging me the room again in addition to the upgrade charge. The young ladies were very helpful to correct the mistakes.
Good 3 stars. 5 stars? No way!
- + Location
- – - Bathroom was incredibly old fashion - The room didn't match the price at all - Breakfast is very expensive - Staff was not really friendly - Overall I would describe the hotel having a good 3-star standard. 5-stars? No way!
Convenient hotel with friendly staff
- + The hotel was central, staff were very pleasant and friendly and the food in the lounge area was very good.
- – Twin beds
- + Location on Dam Square- Wonderful
- – Our room this time was accessible by a distant elevator, or a closer elevator with stairs. Room was smaller this time than the past visit.
great hotel ,
- + excallent hotel in a superb location ,
- – initial reservation lost and had to chase it up while waiting around all day to check in at 1500LT , ( flight arrived at 0930LT ) . ended up with a non smoking room although i requested smoking .
- + Staff were very friendly and helpful. The location right in the centre of amsterdam was fantastic.
- – my original room was tiny and not satisfactory at all (and also not equivalent to the room colleagues had been given for less money!) after I complained I was moved to a much superior room and this was great. It was a shame I had to complain to get an appropriate room for the money that I was paying
Perfect location for exploring Amsterdam
Good service, excellent location.
- + we had a rather small room, but very clean and comfortable.
Not acceptable for a 5 star hotel.
- + - Location can't be better - Very good service of your concierge staff: my compliments
- – - we asked for a baby bed, it was not put in the room when we arrived. It was brought later. - we had to ask several times at reception for an extra towel for our child. - room: smells (maybe ex smokers-room?) - old carpet: smells and with old stains - stains of menstruation blood in the bedclothes!!!!!!! - persistent smell of urine in the bathroom - the shower gives dashes of very hot water, which causes burns - 120809; breakfast, 1035h, a couple before us can enter we are refused (having a 23 months old baby)
- + Great location
- – Couldn\'t find our booking on arrival, or that we had paid in advance. Took three visits to reception and over an hour of discussion (arguement)in total to sort out. Rooms not ready even though we had advised early arrival so had to wait around (one room wasn\'t ready until 5pm)rnOn day of departure Concierge lost one of our bags in storage - took over half an hour to find which meant we had to take a taxi to airport costing Euro 50 instead of the train. In fairness hotel very busy - I have stayed there several times before when everything went smoothly so hopefully this disaster was a one off!!
your obvious cut back's are your down fall
- + Very good position....cleaning staff very good... Food good
- – Reception very poor- staff good but you are very under staff when you have to stand in line for 20 to 30 mins. Lack of a door person (not to be seen) The hotel as a poor no zing about it when you walk in... I dont like to bring this up BUT Sir on a passport or booking form might mean i've worked hard, To get where i am ..But not even the ask of help with bags.This was the 2nd time i've stayed there but sorry no staff-or-speed of the way you work is crap..................IF i run my business like this it would last no time at all..
Weeky @ Krasnapolsky
Krasnapolsky Hotel Amsterdam'
- – The mini-bar prices are exagerated.
Antoher perfect stay in the Krasnapolsky
- + Great vieuw, goof beds and service is excellent.
- – Shower in Bath, bath was very small/ narrow so showering in the bath was almost inpossible. The bathroom was rather small.
Not one of the best NH Hotels in Amsterdam
- + Good location polite staff
- – very small room no view at all no lock on bathroom, not even a proper door wallpaper peeling from walls housekeeping very noisy early in the morning Air con did not seem to work very well would not rate the room as 5 star
Great hotel let down by a poor shower.
- + Staff very helpful.
- – The shower in room 1024 had virtually no pressure and was a disappointment.
- + location
- – very expensive car parking.
Unsatisfactory safety procedures
- + Once we found some staff they were excellent in assisting us to find an exit and to assist my wife up to the fourth floor when she returned from shopping.
- – No emergency lights or escape signage after 4 hours of no power when we exited our room into a pitch black hall was dangerous and unsafe. An urgent review is required of the emergency proceedures. This is unacceptable in a five star hotel, Amsterdam is not located in a third world country.
charming (expensive) central hotel
- + 400
- – 100
Grand Past but Frayed Present
- + Staff were polite, clean and helpful wherever they could be.
- – 1 - fridge door permanently locked - reception unable to open. 2 - after twenty minutes phoning re fridge, ordered a (sparkling) Perrier and ice. Delivered a clear bottle of still mineral water with no ice. Charged for this. 3 - Room was booked over the internet. Booking form said "bed and breakfast special" Upon arrival was told, after reference to the screen, that breakfast was an extra payment. Later took the booking print to reception (it had been in a suitcase) and was told that a change would be made. When checking out this information was not on the system and I had to go through the booking form again with clerk who needed photocopies to support her reduction of the bill. This made checking out rather lengthy. 4 - the floor mounted cooling box had the control for temperature missing and the fan was extremely noisy. 5 - It was very disappointing to find a five star hotel that did not serve an evening meal on Monday nights. Room service is no substitute for being able to sit round a table with friends and discuss tomorrow's business. 6 - The price of the rooms reflects the past of grand hotel not the present state of the service and amenities.
The prices for everything was five star the experience was anything bu
- + The location.
- – Checkout was very slow and the washbasin had no plug in it. Not very good for a five star hotel
NOT AS GOOD AS PREVIOUS
- – We were very dissapointed We booked a "best room" deal but got only a very standard room at the far end of the hotel above lift 6 We also dined in the Shibli This is now very quiet and poor quality compared with our previous visits When we walked in there was only one other table taken and as such we ordered only the basic meal Later when we checked the bill we had been charged 119€ THE FULL 5 course price
IÂ´ll come back if I visit Amsterdam again!
- + Perfect location; oldfashion charm in modern form.
- – great differences in price depending on where you book. No hooks in bathroom for towels and no good light for reading, either in bed or in the toiletroom.
Very bad price/quality ratio, compared to reputation
- + Location and facilities (restaurants, business center, etc.)
- – Service at reception, service at check out, service at concierge (often missing), room service not respecting requests, lack of shower covers in the bathrooms,.....
Excellent hotel and would return.
- + Location
- – Gave 8 for price/quality as we got a good price for room but thought breakfast was expensiveand did not eat in the hotel.
excellent, well positioned and comfortable businees hotel
Great central location!
- + The location is perfect. The train station is not to far away (a easy 15 minute walk). There is a lot of dining and entertainment close to the hotel. A great central location.
- – Although we didn't have a car, parking seemed to be limited. I would suggest taking a taxi when transportation is needed.
- + Very convenient location for visiting Amsterdam.
- – In a 5 stars hotel (reflected in the price too) I expect more confort: biscuits for coffee, shoe polish, more english TV channels, a free city guide and map...
Good balance price/quality(location)
My favorite hotel in Amsterdam
Delightful stay at the Krasnapolsky Hotel, Amdersdam
- + The reception we received from all staff at the hotel was absolutely brilliant. We hope to be back soon.
- – As far as we are concerned there are no minus point at the Krasnapolsky Hotel it is absolutely beautiful and the staff make us so welcome it is a delight to stay there.
- – to much security by using the card keys minibar locked was crazy long ques ast reception desk no alignment with inernet booking much to long in and out cheque and always quing !!
- + the staff was very kind and give us other room, the location is excellent
- – The beds were infested with bugs(ticks from dogs), and in the morning we were full of bites and our pyjamas were also infested with ticks. They shouldn't accept dogs in the hotel. Also the check in take more than one hour.
This hotel is simply wonderful!
- + This hotel is simply wonderful. I am aware of the fact that some reviews were rather negative. I would suggest that you don't put as much confidence in those negative reviews. My feeling is that they were either from people who are very picky or from people who are so snobbish that they think that they are the King and Queens.
- – If I have to think hard for "minus points," on the day I left I asked the kid on night duty to wake me up at 5:30 am and he didn't do the wake up call. It's a good thing that I also set my own alarm clock.
No five star hotel
- + Perfecly located in Amsterdam. Nice bar.
- – The bed was poor. We had expected better comfort in a 5 star hotel. Compared to other 5 star hotels, which I cannot say Kranskapolski is today. Concerning the bathroom we found the shower curtain dirty, no place to put ones belongings other than the floor. Bad lights.
- – TV did not function properly
Top class hotel
- + I have stayed in this hotel a number of times. it is top class in a great location.I would highly recommend it. Could not find one fault with it.
Great location, great room.
- + Best possible location. Great room with large bed, will return.
Amsterdam Visit Feb 2009
- – very long lines at checkin - more than 40 minutes. also received a single bed when i had reserved an executive king
Attention to detail is slipping!!!
- – Check in took way to long. Room was very cold upon entry
Great location, just make sure ur happy with ur room
- + Great location, on dam square
- – We were upgraded to the royal-wing on arrival but it did not match the name. It was the same as a travel lodge, not a royal wing! i would have rathered tried one of the normal rooms as these were in the hotel not accross the dirty alleyway which by the way was our view!!!!!!!!!
a very good stay in amsterdam
An excellent hotel for a quiet break.
- + An excellent hotel with very quiet rooms, with friendly, polite and helpful staff.
- – None.
- + Lokation, meal, TV, safe, restourant, shop, staff, customer service
- – WC doors, cold room (warm did not work)
don't understand question
- + Excellent location. Good sized rooms. Lovely atmosphere.
- – Door to bathroom doesn't give much privacy. Tea/coffee facility is about the same as a 2 star hotel in UK. Bedside light too dim to read by.
loved the hotel. we will be back
- + we stayed there during Christmas. The staff were gr8 and the hotel felt lively
- – there was no brunch on Sunday as communicated in the brochure and the main restaurant was closed during our stay
great location, to stay, the gym is not in a great place in hotel
- + employees great
- – i got charged twice for my stay and send letter and no one response, even got on the phone, still no response, i have bin ovedrwan on my account, and now i have to wait for the bank to send out papers and all that that sucks
another great stay in amsterdam
- + staff always very friendly and helpfull and we always come for a pre xmas weekend and had a great room
- – none
Excellent Hotel, great location, lovely room.
- + Late check out on a Sunday is wonderful. It really helpsto enjoy Amsterdam when you know you don't have to vacate your room too early the next day.
- – Not being able to check-in until 3 as we always arrive in Amsterdam before 12.00 but it is understandable as the hotel has so many rooms to get ready for the next guests.
Krasnapolsky is a lovely hotel, though lost its luxory of the earlier
- + The hotel is ok but not as luxurious as it used to be some 15 years ago. Of course the location is wonderful in the city centre. Everything is clean and everything functions on the higher standard level.
- – The room was well cleaned except one morning. Maybe the stuff misunderstood our staying away. But the big misunderstanding has been that we left the post cards to the business centre where we were told that they would leave on the same day, almost two weeks ago, and they still have not arrived to their destinations. This could of course be a fault of the post organization in the NL. Sending and receiving post cards from France to Finland takes two days.
Dirty and unfriendly - hardly value for your money
- + The hotel is situated in the heart of Amsterdam just across the royal palace. It is within easy walking distance to every place in the centre. Beautiful winter garden.
- – Room was worn out and bathroon not well cleaned - old dirt in corners, every item chipped. Very unfriendly receptionist. At arrival they blocked payment of whole stay + some extra on a credit card and did not released it when we paid at check-out. Although we are back home for 5 days, the payment still blocked. We were told that that is a standard practice of the hotel and that most customers complain about that. But the hotel does not seem to mind.
Excellent visit to the hotel
A warm welcome to Amsterdam
- + The staff at the business centre within the hotel were very helpful in directing my group around the city.
A Hotel with optimum comfort and attention to detail
- + staff always very helpful and pleasant we have stayed many times and find the hotel one of the best we stayed in. we travel on business all over the world.
- – this time housekeeping very poor never replaced sugar or water from the fridge. one day room was not cleaned at all.
Good overall quality and confort hotel
- + The room size was good, internet connection good and stable (I was there for work). Breakfast ok. I poured some wine on my trousers. The cleaner lady was able to cleaned/press it in 2 hours! that was a number one point as I had no spare pants.
- – I had the room 5001 and there was a ventilation system humming that I was not able to turn off. Ask for not having this room. The internet system was not able to charge on the room number so i had to call the customer care to get a voucher from reception, a bit annoying.
Fantastic Hotel, highly recommended!
- + I had stayed in this hotel many years ago and the stay this time was in fact just as great as it always has been. I thought that the service was impeccable and would recommend this hotel to anyone! Nothing was too much and the staff were efficient and helpful. This hotel is always a pleasure to stay at. Please pass on the message to the hotel themselves....
- – None
We would certainly stay again at the Hotel it was great in everyway
NH Krasnapolsky Amsterdam - October 23-26 - 2008
- + Pleasant staff Great location - as central as one might hope to be in Amsterdam
- – Hotel entrance dome cover extremely dirty - we are greeted by cigarette butt-filled planters outside the main entrance - lovely. Scruffy/jaded reception area and hotel entrance - didn't anyone at NH remember the phrase 'first impressions last'? White stuck-on vinyl 'HOLA, BIENVENIDO' lettering at reception area - a total eyesore and more at home at a McDonald's monthly promotion for BOGOF cheeseburgers. Tired room interior - especially the bathroom - cleaning left a lot to be desired - bedlinens OK but bedspread stained/marked. A reasonable level of attention to detail seems to be absent in room presentation. A couple of our friends staying at the same time as us had to move rooms owing to a persistently unpleasant odour coming from within their main room - peculiarly not from the bathroom as one might expect. On ordering 5 coffees in the reception area we were overwhelmed by FOUR waiting staff at once - total cost = Euro 45 approx plus gratuity - quite ridiculous - the cost per (ordinary filter) coffee should have been Euro 3.50 maximum. Or was it made with organic Chilean springwater fed from Andean glaciers now that The K is part of NH Group perhaps??? We'd stayed at the Krasnapolsky several times from 1995-2000 and were looking forward to returning to the fine landmark hotel that we knew and loved. In today's market and with so many fantastic alternatives literally steps away we are very sad to say that we won't be choosing the NH Krasnapolsky again for a short break in the near future.
my excellent experience
Amsterdam, the royal way.
- + Quiet room. Excellent bed. Wonderful breakfast. Parking facility. Check out at 5pm on Sunday gives you an extra day to visit Amsterdam.
- – Check in very (very) slow. Change your computer system and (why not ?) adopt Mac....
fine stay in amsterdam
- + Very friendly staff in the lounge.
- – Unfortunately it`s not possible to heat the bathroom!You lost some turnover because we can`t visit your restarants in the settlement from our little dog!Breakfast without dog is in our opinion correctly.
- + Excellent location, very friendly staff. We booked the NH special on the internet and got a lovely comfortable room. We will definitely want to stay again in this hotel.
- – - none -
- + The Hotel is great and I would absolutly stay there again
- – Nothing that I can think about
Good hotel but!
- + The hotel has good rooms and clean bath room and polite personnel even if they don't offer that much help.
- – not easy to find your way in and out, no free internet service, the service fee for internet extremely high. The room service personnel enter your room when you are not there not only for cleaning.
- + We had a view of the square.
- – We paid $375.00 for our room. We had a room with a view of the square and we are repeat customer but the sheets on the bed had holes in both sheets. I feel for the price of the room we should have nice linens.
The best choice in Amsterdam
- + Very comfortable bed Location...of course Friendly, helpful staff Excellent bathroom, Huge bath The Royal Wing is always our choice and worth the additional cost
- – Can't think of any
If you have a problem ask for the manager
- + Location
- – Noisy. Had initial problem with the hotel complying with "best available room" pre-booking rate
- + location, excellent staff,hotel
I'll be back!!
- + Definately coming back to this hotel. Had a problem with checking in but the staff and management were more then helpful. Absolutely amazing hotel theres nothing bad i could say about it.
We like our stay in the hotel
- + The breackfast was very good and nicely presented
- – The WC room had continually an unpleasend smell. Probably, I supose, because the system is very old and poor ventilation
Not as 5 star as they would like to be.
- + The location is about the main plus point to this hotel.
- – Staff attitude at the FO is not very warm and welcoming. It feels rather much like being processed at at factory vs checking into a 5 star hotel. Housekeeping is not very detailed. Unfinished tea was left in the cup and kept standing where I left it.
Great Experience at the HN Krasnapolsky Hotel in Amsterdam.
- + There were three couples in our group and we were all very pleased with our accomodations at the NH Krasnapolsky Hotel. The rooms were very clean and had any toiletries you might have forgotten. It's in a very central location on Dam Square, so it is easy to get to all the local museums, resturants, the floating flower market,etc. The staff was very helpful and respectful!
- – The breakfast was not included with our room and was very expensive (about $40.00 US if purchased on its own). It can get a little noisey at times, because of being right on Dam Square.
Dingy and dark
- – The carpeting and upholstery were dirty, probably from much wear. The bathroom was not updated. My room was very dark, looking out over an internal roof. The exercise room was very minimal. Considering the expense of the hotel, I expected much more. I believe that I paid a premium only to be on the Dam. I would not recommend this hotel others.
A Grand in a fantastic location at a affordable price.
- + In the center of Amsterdam Lobby very nice and easy to enter and go out from the hotel
- – Menu in the Lounge is poor
An enjoyable experience
- + Beverage making facilities in bedrooms.
A wonderful hotel!
- + Excellent location, very friendly staff. We booked the NH special on the internet and got a lovely comfortable room. I would definitely want to stay again in this hotel.
- – The concierge forgot to deliver a message to us.
An Excellent Hotel in the most convenient part of Amsterdam
- + Got a Great Upgrade. Staff always courteous and willing to be helpful
- + the breakfast is the best in the Dam fully enjoyed our stay defo will be back
- – none
Always keep returning to the Krasnapolsky
- + The front desk people were very helpful and friendly. They immediately changed our room when we reported an awful smell in the room we had been assigned to.
- – Housekeeping forgot to leave bath towels;the shower water temperature fluctuated wildly from cold to scalding;stained rugs;fluctuating AC even though we were told we could control the temperature in our room.
Fantastic hotel would recommend
- + We received a complimentary bottle of cava and fruit which was a lovely suprise.
- – There were no tea & coffee facilites available. Although we requested a smoking room we didn't receive one and had to smoke outside.
- + Receptiion staff very friendly and helpful. Ambience excellent
- – Despite twice e-mailing you to request twin beds, to which you did not reply, we were given one double. Your housekeeping staff eventually and rather ungraciously separated them I was surprised there was no electric shaver point in the bathroom and no milk with the coffee making facilities
- + A good hotel with good service. Keep it up.
- + Location is excellent. Staff very friendly & helpful. Breakast good but exspensive.
- – The toilet in our room was seperate from the bathroom which we thought a little odd.
- + Staff was polite, helpful, courteous and pleasant. Location is great.
- – Internet service gave me some problems.
- + location, general outlook
- – front desk: time wasting, uncarefull Luggage service, bellcaptain, doorman: unefficient and compulsory: very rough and illmannered
- + I stayed in the Jr. Suite. It was perfect. Not cheap, but really good for what I wanted. I even extended my stay by two addtional days.
- – too much time taken while check in. express check out also slow.
- + the best location in amsterdam. the hotel charged us only for 6 nights instad of 7 because there was many problrms with our rome and service
- – the room was noisy, air con didnt work so we change room, the phone didnt work so we missed 2 meetings. problem with the shower. the front desk had bad memory (forgot to deliver a pakege we recived) the keys warked only one day we had to change them every day!
- – The hotel didn't give us the good room that we book. The room was very noisy ! there is a problem with lights and hot water. The hotel changed us the room for the second night and the room was smaller that the first one !! It's absolutly not normal when you see the price; too many inconveniences (it's the only sentence of the staff : "sorry for the inconveniences" !) We are very desapointed about this stay. It's a pity...
- + Location is really good. Wonderful breakfast. We upgraded to a Royal Wing Room, and that was much better.
- – For €400 a night, i would like to have internet at the room. It was very expensive to buy it.
- – I made a reservaion well in advance asking for a room in the front, even by upgrading, but go no answer and the rooms were booked out 2 days before I arrived
- + Great location, nice eating areas and good sized room with a comfy bed and all the luxuries.
- – Bathrooms are very small, and shower (which can't decide if it is hot or cold) is placed inside the bath - not what one expects from a 5 star hotel.
- – My room was this time little small and i pay more than usually but my general point of view is very positiv
- + Location and parking
- + We had a lovely stay with you, we often come to Amsterdam and have stayed in a lot of hotels but we will be staying at the Krasnapolsky on any future visits, Many Thanks.
- – Not having CNN on a 5 star hotel is beyond me. I had friends staying at a 1 star boat with CNN access. Embarrassing to say the least. This seems to be true for NH as whole as the same lack was present at NH Utrecht. Won't do NH again, that's for sure.
- + Location was excellent.
- – Booked 3 best double rooms available, was issued with 2 x twin and 1 queen, It took 2 attemps to get keys to the open door had to get them re-issued.No pay tv. We have stayed in this hotel several times before this will be our last.
- + Location is probably the best in Amsterdam
- – Check-in and Check out desk is TERRIBLY SLOW, for such a nice hotel. Speed it up please!!
- + Location is excellent. we were put in a room with twin beds to begin with but on complaining we were put in a nice double room. staff are very friendly and helpful here.
- – our tv wasnt working and it took from our arrival on friday at midday till saturday morning to fix. this hotel is expensive but the location is what justifies it. the cost of €27 pp for breakfast is outrageous though!
- + We LOVE the Kraz! Have been visiting for many many years. No hotel has such friendly atmosphere, charming and helpfull congierges and superb location. Only positives We'll be back!
- + I had a wonderful stay. Staff were lovely and the room quiet and comfortable and the toiletries were an added bonus. The Palm Bar was very friendly and the meal in Reflet was a treat and the staff were wonderful. very helpful all round and I hope I get to make a return visit.
- – Shower was not working, I thought that would have been checked (but water was lovely and hot so had a bath instead) I had one great taxi but when asking just to go to Centraal Station they refused and I had checked with the concierge first.
- + I BOOKED THE NH SPECIAL AT THE KRASNAPOLSKY AND I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED IT WAS GREAT VALUE YOU FOR MONEY AND A PROPER 5 STAR HOTEL
- – NO MINUS POINTS SORRY
- + Fantastic breakfast!!!
- – too late to tidy the room at 5 o`clock. Drinkprices in bar too expencive....
- + location, nice service, bar is great, very helpful staff in all areas
- – the rooms are getting smaller each time that I stay, price performarnce is low. This price should bring a better and higher service.
- + Have stayed at this hotl 15 years It certainly is now what it used to be It was dissappointing to have friends staying in the hotel that had better rooms and paid less !! I dont like to use Thai web sites to book y rooms
- – Room sometimes hadn't been cleaned when we returned in the afternoon.
- + The location is excellant, the services provide everything I need. The staff is attentive and friendly. Breakfast in the Winter Garden is delightful. Thanks!
- + Great Location Staff very nice
- – Very strong shower unfortunately the shower head was not secure and the switching system from bath to shower was very very stiff and when I eventually got it the water sprayed everywhere because there was not sufficient shower curtain
- + Very centrally located. Very well clean and well decorated rooms. Room service is excellent. Friendly and professional staff. Definitely would stay here again. Pluses far out-weighed the minuses.
- – Room key cards kept failing had to go to reception on a daily basis. Room was on 1st floor in Royal part of hotel and was quite noisy early in the morning. As a Facilities Manager, I would place a concierge in this area for security reasons as reception is quite a long walk, especially if you have to walk on the outside of the hotel. Checking in and out took ages be prepared to wait - it's worth it.
- + Highly recommendable breakfast buffet and space.
- – Booking details from the website was unclear, and it seemed to be a five star booking. Rooms located via lift numver five seem to represent a poor choice, since access to lift number five is very unpleasant for the following: - approaching lif number five felt like going to the car park, rather than a luxury hotel room. - staff setting up fo large functions used the lift five corridor as work space, and there seems to be an endless convoy of trolleys impeding access to the lift. In summary, we enjoyed our stay in The City and in the hotel, however were extremely disappiointed to be located via lift number five, and fell that this factor represented very poor value for money. Futher, we were treated with some indifference, and delayed 24 hours when requesting a room up-grade. Is it possible to be offered a part refund, or future compensation please? Kind Regards, Rodney
- + Bath room hygiene excellent, however the room furnature the carpeting old and dusty
- + Great location, gorgeous interior to this hotel.
- – Room had rolls of fluff/dust under furniture and bed was very small. I called reception to check if it really was a "delux" room! Also, one day, the cleaner used a used pillow case to do the cleaning - and left it, dirty, on some of my clothes on my case! You don't see this in the Barbizon Palace, where we usually stay - and where we always will from now. Strange, contradictory info. from various receptionists.
- + This was our 5th year staying with you over New Year in Amsterdam - the fact that we keep coming back says it all
- – On checking in, it was obvious there hadn't been a room allocated to us which was a little disappointing as we had booked back in June 07. The room that was found was fine except for the large pillar in the room which restriced the view of the TV!
- + Our Deluxe room overlooked Dam square - perfect for New Years Eve
- + to open a steam/sauna/ spa facility would be a great addition
- – non at all
- + All staff very polite and helpfull. Room pleasant with nice rooftop view over Amsterdam. When the sink was blocked in bathroom. Once reported, it was fixed promptly and by a most pleasant member of your team. Location is unbeatable.
- – No bathrobes, although when requested they arrived in our room promptly. Not enough staff on reception at times. Car Park is expensive with very narrow and short bays.
- + Extremely helpful whilst staying at this hotel with my 1 year old son. Location is excellent. All round perfect hotel.
- – None
- – interior designs and new furnutures are needed to this five stars hotel. an Italian restaurant is also needed
- + Reception check-in very efficient. All employees very feiendly and courteous. Well priced and value for money
- – Service in the Lounge Bar area was very slow at times. I apprecite it was busy, but it's a little irritating trying to attract the attention of the waiter/waitress for service when they are occupied folding serviettes.
- + Location was excellent
- – Service was not good. My room was wrong three times til it was made right. Breakfast is very expensive. There are some shady people who are hanging out in the evening right in front of the hotel and down the street to the right when you exit the hotel. I don't like being offered cocaine and ecstasy just steps from my hotel!!!
- + The Winter Garden for breakfast excelent.
- – all plants had serious problems with tobacco smoke. Too cold in general :rooms and hall
- + Location very good
- – Japanese Restaurant mot open during our stay.
- – hotel seems little worn down. not very good value for money
- + Nice hotel and good location, second time we have stayed there, frequent visitor to Amsterdam and it took us a while to find a decent hotel to use ass a regular haunt this seems to be it. Freindly effecient staff and clean comfy rooms.
- – None that I can think of
- + Location
- + Friendly staff
- – Shabby hotel with run down rooms.
- + The location is unbelievable. close to everything. the room was very nice and clean. next time I go it will be the same hotel for sure.
- – none really
- + Breakfast in the winter garden is an experience to be remembered.
- – The Royal wing bedrooms are noisy. I was on the fourth floor above the road and was woken several times in the night by very loud young people partying in the street!
- + The staff were as pleasant and helpful as it is possible to be.
- – This is the fourth time that we have stayed in the hotel, the last was in 2005, since this time the service in the breakfast hall has deteriorated to a very poor level. It is now very expensive to have food or drinks in the foyer bar and the menu here is not very good in comparison to previous visits, because of this it is now always possible to get a seat near the window which was previously a matter of luck!
- + I liked my room in the new section.Donot like to stay in the old section.some of the inner rooms,no view are not worth the price.frienly service,especially the lobby cafee.
- + Excellent hotel, good service and good location
- + Location was fantastic, Service was fantastic, breakfast spread was spectacular in terms of variety, and at a reasonable price point.
- – A previous occupant had left a soap wrapper on top of the shower stall wall which wasn't removed. Also, the exhaust fan in the shower was covered in dust and other crap. As much as I tried, I couldn't get the room cool enough for my liking, and had to leave the window open.
- + Location
- – Check in disorganised, Check in staff unhelpfull Very poor lighting in room, not possible to read or apply makeup. Tried to order coffee at 07.00hrs before checkout,we were told it was not available unless we had breakfast.
- + Excellent service, staff very helpful - excellent profesional attitude. Beautiful hotel in an unbeatable location.
- – None
- – We have stayed in the hotel before, however this time we were very disappointed with the cleanliness of the hotel. Our room window would not close properly and we heard a lot of street noise. There were also alot of cigarette burns on the furnishings.
- + Great hotel, central location, ideal place to enjoy an Amsterdam weekend
- – I'd like a solid door on the en-suite facilities. I am old fashioned and do not enjoy going to the toilet in a cupboard.
- – I was attending the RIPE conference which included meals. The front desk however insisted on charging the breakfasts on my final bill, claiming they could not make changes. I was repeatedly called asking when the cleaning personell could get to my room because I had the do not disturb sign on the door. I had it on the door because I did not want to be disturbed.
- + The hotel is wonderful - clean modern rooms in a central setting
- – The staff tried to charge me 3 times for the same room. As a result their fourth attempt to charge me lead to my card being declined. I was left for four days with no money in my bank account until their repeated errors were processed. I also had to borrow money from other people just to pay for my room (let alone have access to any spending money during my stay. I cannot understand why three seperate attempts were made to take money out of my account - I certainly didn't authorise them
- – waitingtime at the reception , not enough hostesses for to many people
- + I had an excellent and very quiet room on the fourth floor. Very good amenities, nice little cosmetic presents, well-stocked fridge, and cleanliness of everything beyond reproach.
- – An unacceptable long wait at the check-in counter (very long lines); same problem upon checking out. Staff were very friendly and helpful, though.
- + Location right on the Dam
- – Staff is unfriendly, not helpful. It was like they were doing you a favor to let you back into the building. Definitely not deserving of the reputation.
- + centrally in Amsterdam, high quality of service
- – room too small for price paid. hotel always gave me a larger room. i travell on business & stay at this hotel minimum 2 times per year. once in April & another time in October.
- + Location
- + Some might not but I like the location. The room was plesant and quiet.
- – Service at the front desk seems stretched a lot of the time. Generally this does not feel like a 5-star hotel.
- + As I stayed only one night at the Hotel, I cann't give an very objective rating.
- – I reported following during checking out.The toilet dit NOT funtion properly. The remote control of the TV-set dit NOT function properly. It continuosly selected the Adult channels! Breakfast is expensive.
- + The best Hotel I have stayed in for a long time! One of those classical Hotels where everyone knows and believe in the word service!
- – To small beds for two persons!
- + Large rooms, spotlessly clean, excellent service
- – Pricey (even with special offer); and although booked for the location it would have been better/much quieter to be on one of the canals away from the Dam Square
- + The rates were reasonable for a 5 star in a wonderful location.
- – I had requested for an early checkin which the hotel declined saying they were full up the previous night. What I didn't appreciate was that for 3 hours after the checkout time at noon, they could not get a room cleaned up and ready for someone who had already been waiting for close to 2 hours.
- + The room was a nice size. The location is 'spot on' and the shoe polisher at the lift is a nice touch.
- – The bed was very uncomfortable. It was lumpy and hard to sleep on.
- – guest services and business center was a little lacking
- + Location, cleaning, service
- – It should be prohibited to smoke inside the hotel. It took 20 min to check out in the morning....
- + location, location, location
- – Unfortunately, I was not pleased with the service at all. After calling 3 times, finally I received my things.
- – very poor hygiene in hotel room and in the breakfast room - really disgusting!
- + Great breakfast interior garden. Great room-service. Lots of rooms so one does not have to book half a year earlier.
- – Except from the last time when they couldn't find our suite booking, and the one before (2006) when the room was uncharacteristically below their usual standards, I never had any problems with that hotel of any kind.
- + Location & special offers
- – The room wasnt cleaned properly for the whole stay, tea cups were left there,the floor wasnt hoovered & one day the cleaner didnt bother turning up,also the staff were very rude & we had to queue up for 40 minutes to get a replacement room key, as after one day the first key wouldnt work. Not very customer friendly staff & they didnt seem to care
- + Room was very quiet, which was pleasant.
- – Queue for check out.
- + big room comfortable bed and pillows good towels
- – very strange sewage smell in hallway room smelled stuffy on arrival
- + The only place to stay in Amsterdam ! Really helpful staff at the reception and in the night bar.
- – The breakfast was wonderful in formar times. But this time the quality of breakfast was the same as two star hotels. Why it became so bad? They simpy cooked for us. They have not pay attention to the tast at all.
- – checking in was far to long 30min and the same to check out. hygiene was ok untill i looked under the bed yuk.
- + Excellent Staff esp. Restraunt Service. Good range of toiletries & coffee/tea making facilities in room.
- – All Lighting in room was low level...would help if at least the room table light gave enough illumination to read/work at. Very soft bed mattresses does not make for a good nights sleep. Charging for access to PC's in business centre...many hotels now give free access on PC's to Personal 'E' Mail Accounts, its also easier & quicker to access PC's.
- + Hotel location - very central which is good. The young waiter who brought breakfast was most professional and charming.
- – Bed - most uncomfortable. A nasty plastic-backed undersheet and a heavy duvet resulted in poor restless sleep. On discovering the plastic sheet we removed it, but when I requested a pure wool blanket, we were given a synthetic one and told "that's all we have". In a five star hotel? Also the window in our room did not close properly. Masking tape was on it (to keep it closed?) The TV did not work properly, the lamp was not working. One porter (a small indian man) made some insolent comments. This is all detailed in an e-mail I sent when my husband and I moved out on Saturday. We had planned to stay with you five days, but were so unhappy at the Krasnapolsky we moved to another hotel. I spoke to Patricia (Head of Reception) as I had sent an e-mail detailing the problems. She said she had to go to another floor to get the e-mail. I await your comments.
- + Location is a definite plus
- – - Does not satisfy a five star criteria, should be a solid 3 star hotel - Room had a very bad, somewhat sour smell, we complained only to be provided with a new refill of air freshener which didn't do a good job - Upon checking in we were sent to the wrong elevator and wrong floor, plus nobody offered to take our bags - New Royal wing has a remote feel to it, weirdly connected to the main hotel by a glass corridor which has an exit to a not very attractive alley - The balcony door could not close properly so outside noise was heard throughout the night
- + Just like many previous reviews have stated, The hotel is located exactly where you want to be. You can walk everywhere from here. The smoking rooms are only on the frist and second floors. The executive suites are the only rooms that look out onto Dam Square.
- – stinky outdated, a three star hotel at best with 2 star service.
- + Hotel was convenient to tour the city both with trams, canal boats etc.The ambiance of the restaurant was excellent and the breakfast was both well presented and plentiful with full variety.
- – Given smoking rooms. 1 hour wait in queue to get allocated room then a further 1hour wait for alternative rooms to be given. Hotel carpets are very grubby disappointed with hotel overall standard more like 3 star overpriced for what we expected. First experience of this group of hotels we were celebrating 40 years anniversary and 50th and 60th birthday so a little disappointed.
- + Location is perfect. Atmosphere was nice in lobby, restaurants etc. Late check-out was ok until 2pm.
- – Room (behind elevator 5) definately not a five-star. More like average 2-3 star. It seems there is different quality rooms even in same price level. Check out in sunday was ok at 2pm, but just before noon there we found dozens of people in check-out waiting to be served. Hopefully not in a hurry... Pretty expensive hotel. As said, room quality did not meet 5-star requirements and therefore our expections. Anyway, in general a good hotel.
- + The Hotel was great regards the location
- – Room we were given was very small, we asked for twin beds and it had a double bed. We then had to upgrade which was an extra cost to us of 45 euros each night. Also the first room we were given was also very dull, so we had no option to upgrade. It was a good stay besides all that but would have prefered if the room at first sight had been right. Eileen
- + Good location.
- – The reception staff and concierge were not very helpful. The fitness center was very poor and the cleaner was very rude. She was asked to clean the room again and she actually used the phone whilst I was there without asking any permission. She left the blankets on the floor and I have never seen that happen, even in a 3 star hotel. I travel all over the world and have stayed at the Hilton, Swisshotel, Radusson etc and have never seen anything like this. The room was a disgrace and I have never ever stayed in a place and teated so badly - moreso a 5 star hotel. The hotel should be regraded to a 3 star and staff retrained on customer services.
- + we had to cut our trip short by one day and cancel our room for the 3rd night and the lady who assisted me with this was wonderful!!
- – I have emailed you on more than one occassion regarding an offer made to my husband by a manager of your hotel when he was over charged last november, Im still awaiting a reply, i rang your hotel to speak to someone about this and again i am still waiting on the call to be returned,
- + Location is excellent.
- – check in/check out took too long time.
- – meals could be better. they are overpriced for the quality and the quantity
- + Attractive but small room. Mattress very comfortable, nice bathroom, terrific location
- – hotel seems disjointed- between old and new sections no continuous theme. The lobby area is kind of drab, could use some sprucing up.