- Score: 8.2 / 10 Score of 1647 reviews
All reviews are completed by our guests after their stay at the hotel Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam.
Disappointed, price was not the same on the next day but that is lesso
- + The location is very convenient and the view is good. I did not get to enjoy the view because my room is at the inside section, all I see is wall around the roof of hotel lobby. Amsterdam is one of the nicest cities I have seen, in fact my favorite so I plan to be back for more and would expect to get a much better hotel for the price I paid at Victoria Park Plaza. I can have lower expectation if say I stay at farther away the city center and at 3 star hotel like the Amsterdam Forest Hotel. For
- – Not to much, I can t complain much really. The hotels are quite expensive but that may be the going rate, of the standard I was looking for. I need to lengthen my stay to go to museums and sight seeing but that can be programmed little by little or I can t do it in one sitting or travel. I mpossible to do a lot when you don t know the place, a matter of learning as you go and do a lot of research. If there is enough money to play around, travel time becomes easier, at least. Nothing in life can
- * my tip My tip is as good as there is to find just by looking around, the travel guides, information in the internet. My tip comes from trying the actual and that is not much to say at this point in time. One thing I learned, I can live without a car in the Netherlands because of the very easy and convenient public transportation, be it train, tram or busses are much more easy than cars. People don t croud the narrow streets with cars, not practical and for the price, it is quality and value that is pro
great location, friendly staff
- + Staff helpful and welcoming, recognising me from previous stays (which is always nice). Location, as close as one gets to Amsterdam Central without being at it (like the Ibis). Still has t he feel of being an independent hotel, despite being part of Park Plaza chain.
- – Constant hordes of tourists outside the entrance waiting for tour buses.
Maybe the best location in town...
- + Location and service was great. Room really nice too.
- – Rooms on the cool,side, when turning on the air con (even when setting temp to 32) only seemed to blow out cool air -(
- + The room was quiet and temperature good for sleeping. Good pillows. Staff was pleasant.
- – The bed was in an alcove and only the end and one side was accessible to get in and out. The hotel is really beat up and in much need of painting wallpapering carpeting. Lounge bar has chairs with split arms and dirty.
- * my tip Location close to railroad station but so busy with traffic pedestrians motor cycles and so many bicycles that you take your life in your hands each time you leave the hotel. Having never been to the city before, it left us with a negative feeling. Love that the citizens bicycle everywhere but they are not careful
A hotel of two halves
- + Great location, service was quick (excellent food ) and not too pricey for a central hotel. Location really is as good as it gets for a Central Amsterdam break.
- – Bit of a lottery with the rooms...one side of the hotel has been remodelled recently, whereas the other is looking a little tired and there s no way to chose, you get what you get at check in...
- * my tip Old Nickel Bar nearby is great for a drink and often has live music. Reakfast at Cafe Blom round the corner is great for a reasonable price.
PAY ATTENTION TO THE ROOM TYPE
- + Good service recovery at the front office, helpful friendly ladies. The location is the biggest advantage.
- – The first room I was checked in (Victoria wing) was filthy, dirty headboard of the bed, broken drawer knobs, horrible old bed, dust, dirty (not see-through) glasses... The next room was in the Urban wing, and that was better, just not hoovered, but well dusted and with the comfortable bed.
- * my tip MAKE SURE YOU BOOK Urban wing, otherwise you will regret it. Right next to the hotel - there is a great restaurant 5 33 , good food and cocktails.
Very good position, near to all forms of transport
- + Very good position, friendly helpful staff.
- – The Earl Grey teas wasn t replenished in the room. Complementary water would be nice. The bottle in the mini bar was very expensive. Not much choice of cereal at breakfast the fruit was under ripe.
Amsterdam Hotel with an excellent location
- + Great location for the old city and central station, clean, warm and pleasant staff
- – The oscillating lights outside can shine a bit bright inside the rooms at the front
- + The warm welcoming of people living in Amsterdam was overwhelming, the kindness and spontaneous availability of the hotel crew was delightful. All around Amswterdam is a beautiful city with lots of treasures and wonderful people who charmed us.
- – Noting to say...
- * my tip We enjoyed a lot the Blue Boat Cruise around the canals
- + Great breakfast. Great location. Room a bit small but amazing view
nice and quite stay
- + nice staff ,
Loved your review
Beautiful hotel with a romantic atonphier
- + The location was superb over looking the ferry service, central station etc. The reception staff was very helpful & attentive, specially the girl who checked us in & checked us out was excellent. Certainly both me & my wife will come there again & will recommend to my friends to the hilt.
- – The room 207 was not cleaned properly. Specially the bath tub, sink & the toilet bowl was not cleaned & sanitized properly. This is not a complaint but to keep to your standards.
- * my tip Beautiful location with a romantic view with a good restaurant & a bar.
realy nice stay in Victoria park plaza to see a great city!
- + Very friendly people working in victoria!
- * my tip Café Kooper at the Leidseplein is very nice!
Heaven on earth
- * my tip The Dungeon
They provided the wi-fi in my room.The connection was terrible.
- – They provided the wi-fi in my room.its was terrible. They recommend high speet connection with plus charge althogh I warn the reception.I do not recommend to anyone.
Style and Location
- + We appreciated the room up-grade but the steep stairs in the suite can be difficult for some . Receptionist and Concierge were genuinely helpful
- * my tip Restaurant Savini- an up-market Italian Restaurant 3 mins. walk from hotel. The synchronised jet fountain at the Rijk Museum garden-such fun!
Location is Excellent, little bit Noise and crowded
- + Hotel Location is good, the Help Desk team are very good, especial on guiding on Tourism site seeing location.
- – The access to Elevator on the new building area, it not practical that you have to change to 1st Floor and then use another elevator to the Room. After long trip and long day, you want to have a relax day especial when you have many items in you hands after shopping. I have to wait for check Inn, because the other customer took long time on registration at reception
Location & Comfortable & Good service - Park Plaza Victoria
- + close to the center of the old city quiet near to the central station
- – not offering us a breakfast
- * my tip Boat trip chips with mayo dam square
Nice hotel but too expensive to be treated like cheapskates
- + Its in a great location and easy to find from centraal station. Also had a great sized bed. The concerige was great!
- – I found it quite noisy in our room which ruined any chance of a lie-in. I didnt appreciate the lack of trust when trying to use room service which is soo expensive anyway, ringing us back 3 times and asking for cash payment. When paying so much money I would have liked a better room and would have liked to have a bit more privacy without twice people coming in to ask if I wanted new towels within an hour of each other.
- * my tip If you can afford it go for the more expensive rooms they seem to treat you better then!
- + Beautiful Central location at a great price.
- * my tip Very central - Opposite the main train station and tramways in Amsterdam Central.
- + Location
- – Not well maintained! Old fixtures, loose handles, loose toilet seats, etc etc....
- * my tip Great location, good rooms but not excellent!!
- + Location,
- – Wifi over TV cost, Small rooms, Cost of basic Breakfast,
Beware of different nightly rates over your stay
- – I was disappointed with the exrtreme price diference for different nights of my 3 night stay. Ir would be much more psoitive if all nights were at the same rate. I was very disappointed that the differnces were so extreme. I would caution anyone who books a room at the hotel to be very careful of significcantly different rates during their stay.
- * my tip Please see my minus points above regarding different nightly rates
- + Comfortable, good location, good food, pleasant people
- – Ask for room in new area
- * my tip Ask for room in new part
- + Very Close to the Amsterdam Central Staton
- – No Cigar lounge
- * my tip Right in the heart of Town on the Damrak
Our stay was superb and so was the quality of service
- + Extremely helpful making our stay enjoyble
- * my tip Any guest would enjoy the stay there
the hotel has a really very pleasant atmosphere due to the personnel
- + the service was excellent and the personnel were lovely - always ready to help and do the maximum for me as a guest
- – it is too expensive regarding the level of the hotel also everything is charged, including the mineral watwr on the desk
Best centrally located Hotel in tourist Mecca.
- + This is a terrific hotel. We had a modernized room and it was net and clean. The staff were very friendly, welcoming, and helpful. The location is wonderful for enjoying some of the main tourist sights in Amsterdam, especially if you have limited time.
- – We rented a car at the airport, but because we were unsure of parking near the hotel, we opted to take a taxi to and from the hotel, which was about $50 US each way. public transport is available, however, for less.
- * my tip Book this hotel if you want a wonderful location and nice, roomy, accommodations.
HAd a Wondefull stay!
- + Was Lucky to have the New wing!! Verry nice people!! All!! that workded there
- – The old wing is realy old.....
- + none with this stay
- – my room was 214 and extremely small-more to be asingle not double. your recetion reconised I stay often and made some concessions to my bill i will not be staying again
Great location, excellent hotel
- + Great hotel, very friendly and helpfull staff, excellent location.
- – The dusting in the room was no where near the standard of the hotel, after the cleaners left, it still needed dusted
- * my tip Excellent all round.
It is a very good and nice HOTEL with very polite people
- – The loby to be open more hours for the customers in order to seat . Not only from 17.00 hours. And not only to seat in the small place next to reception Thank you.
- * my tip yes many of my friends I have recommend VICTORIA HOTEL
Great location right by train station
- – Tried to get a meal in the evening at 10.20pm but was told the kitchen was closed yet on the menu on display it stated food served until 10.30pm - you should remove menus then customers would know food is not available.
Good as always. Till next time.
- + Altogether a nice place, except the below
- – A constant "bip, bip bip" from the street crossing kept me awake and the room was extremely hot (think the aircon was broke)
- * my tip stay away if you want a good night sleep
Great Staff, Great Location!
- + The location is perfect-centrally located and walking distance to multiple nearby attractions. The staff is incredible. They were extremely helpful with any transportation needs, tourism ideas and restaurant suggestions, every one of which was wonderful. Definitely will stay there again!
Simply good, but nothing more
The hotel is a great location as a base forexploring Amsterdam
Nice hotel, but noisy room.
- + A great location, within easy walking distance (2 minutes) from Amsterdam Central Railway Station. Our room was spacious, very clean and comfortable and supplied with a coffee & tea maker, a sofa & comfortable chair & coffee table, plenty of drawers & storage space.
- – Our room was located on the first floor overlooking Damrak. Windows were NOT double glazed and revellers in the street below were quite audible until 4 a.m. We had to resort to wearing ear plugs in order to get any sleep. It's a shame as this hotel is well located, and quite charming, but the noise issue would have to be rectified in order for us to stay there again.
Geweldige Vakantie en een geweldige eindigt bij het ??Park Plaza Victo
- + The staff was very professional and quick assist any problems and or issues. Mevrouw Ine Geurts was especially very helpful and professional. She treated me like someone coming to her home for a long visit. She took care to make sure I received great accomdations.
- – The stairs at the entrance.
nice week in the Park Plaza hotel in Amsterdam
It was a nice hotel, good location but everything cost extra inside
- + Very friendly staff. Very good location.
- – Too expensive for value. Same price better value in other parts of town. I booked the hotel for use of the spa and the pool. Everything cost extra money. The fitness club cost $15 Euro a day and the spa and the steam room costs $10.50 Euro. It is outrageously exspensive for the quality of the place.
A nice hotel in a great location.
Would recommend but with one caveat!
- + Really nice hotel. Stayed in newer wing which had been renovated beautifully. Nice and very helpful staff.
- – Bed gave me a back ache. Had to sleep on couch.
Extremely overpriced, small rooms, dirty.
- + Location is great.
- – Extremely overpriced for what you get!!!! Room was small. Exhaust fan not working. We had to notify the desk to clean our room, another time they cleaned and left no soap/shampoo. Service counter personnel told us to go to a certain steak house and said it was always busy and we should book a reservation. We didn't and just walked by the steak house and found it totally empty. Extremely noisey due to outside construction. Why didnt they get us a room on the other side???? Totally disappointed and will never go back...
Absolutely fantastic hotel, we would definately recommend it :)
- + We arrived on my boyfriends birthday - 5, yes 5 members of staff wished him 'Happy Birthday' and knew his name. how lovely was that... we were warmly welcomed, showned to our fantastic room and just as we shut the door another member of staff arrived with a lovely bottle of wine. All the 4 of us can say this is an absolutely fantastic hotel, we would recommend it and a BIG thank you to all the staff for our most enjoyable holiday XX
- – NONE
- + Excellent location, hotel clean well run and all the staff helpful, courteous and friendly.
The very best concierge service of any hotel IÂ´ve stayed at !
- + The concierge service was extremely efficient, very helpful people, especially Mr Dennis.
- – Room service closes too early. Impossible to get a morning coffee in the lobby at 5AM. There should be a "hotel info" folder in the rooms.
Park Plaza, beware of "free internet" offer
- + Location, Breakfast
- – Hotel offered "free internet" but what they didn't tell you is that the speed of the free internet was only 128kb. I have had dial-up that was faster. Very frustrating point. Was unable to complete some required tasks while visiting the hotel without paying for internet. Also, tried to rent a movie but the system would not work. Called front desk twice to have it fixed and both times they were going to send someone up but never did.
Location location location!
- + So handy.. is a 5 minute walk across the road from the front of Amsterdam Centraal and right beside Amsterdam City Centre in all of it's glory. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Room was cozy and comfortable and generally nice and clean
- – Room was cleaned but coffee etc not refilled. 4th floor corridor had a raw sewage smell but this didn't get into the room but still had to hold my breath walking to and from the lift. Cleaning staff left more hair on the floor of the bathroom than they cleaned
Expensive short trip
excellent 4 star, great lcoation, near train station.
- + excellent hotel,location.rooms,food,staff.
- – none
- + great location
- – don't expect to have any guests to you room, the staff are really snooty and awkward, demanding all sorts of id before telling you "no" anyway. Shan't be staying again again.
It worth it!
- + Good price/benefit
- – The free internet sux
Great location, but that doesn't make it everything.
- + Bed was miserably hard and uncomfortable. Greatly disappointing and could effect the quality of my visit negatively.
- – Evening staff are clearly Placed where they have the least contact with your clients as possible. I unfortunately experience them due to jet lag. This was not, by far, my first visit.
- + nice view, central location, very nice building, good and friendly sevice
- – non
- + location, service good and friendly - and clean !!
- – expensive, lobby grander then room
Great place to stay when arriving in Amsterdam
- + Front desk staff was extremely helpful as there was some confusion with the booking.
One night in November
A very enjoyable stay, faultless
Perfect location, needs refurbishing, nice staff, bad room cleaning
- + Good food, great staff
- – Old hotel, quality of carpet and rooms need upgrade, soom cleaning was terrible
Great location, friendly and helpful staff, lovely hotel, SPA
- + I have been in this hotel before. Best location, right opposite Amsterdam Central station. Great staff, ver very helpful. Have never been dissapointed. Love the spa. All in all my favorite hotel in the center of Amsterdam.
- – none
Central location reason to go for this hotel
- + concierge and receptionist very helpfull. Great service provided in taking care of the car ensuring that no tickets/clamp were given while checking in; also arranged overnight parking for a reasonable price
- – rooms small, wireless internet very slow and expired well before the intended 24 hrs free of charge period of time.
Good service,food,comfort and value- highly recommended
- + Good courteous welcome at reception, supported by a good lobby service , good food at breakfast and pleasant cheerful bar service.I enjoyed my stay at the Park Plaza Victoria.
- – Very few my original room was not to my liking but was readily changed to 151 much better
- + Silent room with good bed, Good service, Nice breakfast, Very nice location
Perfect location for a city trip.
- + I had a fantastic stay in the hotel and was very impressed by the lady at check-in. Extremely professional but also a great personal touch. We got a nice room and a excellent bottle of wine and card for our anniversary. Thank you.
Great week at PP Victoria!
- + Hugely convenient being so close to the tram central and train center. We really needed and used the computer access with printer!!! We have a small business in NYC and we were able to stay in touch easily. Great for being there with the Tall Ships so close by. Very friendly and helpful staff.
- – None
Great location but half of the hotel not refurbished
- + location
- – Price Half of the hotel is not refurbished, old carpets. I paid over 200 euros per night and they gave me an old room, I asked to move and they kindly gave me a nicer, newer and biger one. Breakfast not included
Handy classy hotel.
Adaquate but comfortable
- + the location is very convienent. The bathroom was modern, clean and had ample hot water and water pressure. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was tasty and offered good variety. The internet connection was fast. Very attractive lobby.
- – We upgraded to a "deluxe suite" which featured a tiny sitting area. Not enough storage in room. bath towels were tiny. We requested early check in but it was not provided. Based on the lobby the room was a letdown.
excellent location for a short break.
- + excellent location. friendly staff. nice surroundings.
- – breakfast expensive.
perfect location. great hotel
- + Generally the concierge will give you wi-fi vouchers for use in your room, free of charge. Relaxed atmosphere. Great airconditioning.
- – Some drinks vending machines would be beneficial on accomodation floors, for simple drinks, such as water/coke/orange, as bedroom mini-bars are very expensive.
Great Experience. Very Clean.
- + The ladies at the front desk were very friendly and extremely helpful. Their courtesy and professionalism was a nice welcome to Amsterdam for my family and I. Their suggestions actually helped me save a little money. Great Job! Please keep it up. Also, the bathroom and beds were very clean and sanitary. The espresso machine was a nice touch!
- – A couple of the ladies with the housekeeping staff ignored us when we were trying to get their attention. It could have been a language barrier though, or the fact that one of them was talking on a cell phone and didn't hear us.
- + Very central
- – The wi-fi didn't work the first day Sewage smell in the bathroom which they fixed
- + Great helpful and attentive receptionist staff and manager. Proximity to town, Clean. Reasonable catering charges. Availability of rooms for smookers.
- – Took 2-days to replace batteries on TV remote control. Floors coridors' carpet look dirty or tatty.
Weekend in Amsterdam
- + Centrally Located. Efficient Staff, Cool decor
- – No Double beds, No English Language channels on TV; other than BBC, No Direct Elevator to the guest floors
Beautiful Hotel at Amsterdam's center, conveinence & warm welcome
- + Very impressive with Victoria Hotel long history. At the exhibition board on hotel 1st floor if it is translate into English will help me understood more on Hotel history. I selected to stay in Victoria rather than stay at Ibis hotel or others because I would like to touch real Amsterdam History Also hotel is located in the Central which is very convenience and comfortabee even to amateur like me who came first time to Amsterdam. All hotel are staff friendly and helpful make me feel like 2nd home.
- – Outside the building, lobby, restuarant look clean and beautiful. However, my room seem not clean on the bahtroom floor, the very old hair dryer, the carpet inside the room. I gave this comment because I love Victoria Hotel and hope to see the better improvement in order to that your Hotel will be 1st outstanding hotel in such high competition world.
Great Location, nice hotel!
- + The location is about as close to perfect as you can get. Directly across the the street from Central Station and about 2 blocks from the Red Light district. Since it is a couple of blocks from the Red Light district, you can actually sleep.
- – The room was very small compared to the picture of the room I thought I was getting.
Great location and amenities, for a reasonable price
- + Great location opposite Centraal station, convenient for everything. The view from our 5th floor room was a fantastic cityscape - station, trams, canal, harbour, hustle and bustle, yet totally quiet thanks to double glazing. Friendly staff, loved having the pool which was a big plus. Decent choice of food in the Brasserie, with something to appeal to everyone in our mixed-age family group.
- – Extra charges for the sauna, steam room, and gym meant that we didn't use them (costs soon add up for a family of 5). We thought it was a bit unfair to charge hotel guests for these, although use of the pool was free. It took us a while to find the pool, which is in an annexed building next door. Signposting could be improved.
2 Nights in Amsterdam
- + requested a king size bed and received it, service staff were friendly and helpful. location was perfect to get around. Beautiful, historic building.
- – The bed was very hard, our room was lower level facing a small, concrete square up the building more like a spot for ducting. Not at all pleasant to look out too, but we didnt stay in our room aside from sleeping and bathing etc Door didnt close in the bathroom and their was no fan to defog the mirror.
- + We got a fantastic 3 night deal for a quality hotel! Great location!
Comfortable, clean, friendly & convienient.
- + Excellent service, convieniently located close to Centraal Station Trams etc.
Great hotel and service
- + The hotel is in a fantastic location, really close to the train station (so convenient for travelling) and on the doorstep of main attractions. Lots of lovely eating places close by but the hotel has a beautiful restaurant. Staff were very friendly and helpful and made you feel really welcome. Room was very clean and in a nice quiet area at back of the hotel so there was no noise from the busy street outside. Would recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a relaxing, comfortable and affordable weekend away.
- – none
- + Superb help from the hotel to find perfect places to dine. Very friendly staff. :)
every things is goooooooooood
- + near to city center
- + House keeping was fast to deliver comp. hair conditioner.Location is A+ & so is comfort.Reception pleasant and efficient.
- – Disabled shower flooded bathroom & even spread out to bedroom carpet. I told reception on departure. No wash cloths.
Bed-Bugs; otherwise great location
- – Bed-bugs...stayed in room 735 for 4 nights, came out with 100s of bites. I even caught a couple of bugs myself. Not knowing there could be more than 1 or 2 bugs, I continued to stay in the same room, otherwise I would have asked to change rooms.
Good location but somewhat over priced.
- + Good location across from Central Station
- – Room safe did not work and was never repaired after 2 requests. Bathroom shower flooded floor; was never repaired after 2 requests. Food average.
- + Excelente localizacion. Muy cerca de todo y al lado de la estacion del tren, a 30 min del aeropuerto.
Great position, dated bedroom (first floor), generally mediocre
Get Room 652!
- + Had room 652 in the Garden wing, which included a balcony but with the same price as a lesser room. Views of Central Station and the old harbour. Hotel staff was friendly. Enjoyed the swimming pool and spa.
- – Use of steam room and sauna extra charge. 10 Euros per person. Also charge for internet per 24 hours 10.50.
- + Well situated with easy connections.Calm room
- – For international creteria this is a 3* hotel.It was a 4* some 30 years ago, it is warn out now, old and not very clean.Toilet smells in the room! Handeling reservation was a problem.No discretion, not a friendly approch.A people fabric.
Worth considering if you get a deal
- + Very convenient for the train station, reception were very friendly. Room was a good size and comfortable. Bathroom was smallish but made up for it with a powerful shower. Quiet even though on the 1st floor. Location made catching trams easy for the further destinations or hiring a bike. Other locations were easily reached by foot.
- – Room was a good distance from lifts/stairs (even had to go back down a flight of stairs to get to it). Strange smell outside room - thought it was a gas leak first time but it didn't enter the room. Had a deal on the price but still thought it was a bit pricey for what it was - then again Amsterdam is expensive so was probably a bargain. Would stay again but not at full price.
Informal Good Amsterdam Hotel
expensive , good central location
- + location
- – price and cost of breakfast
Excellent city centre hotel
- + Very convenient for the station
Convenient, quick service
- + Convenience
- – Strange smell
great location - rooms could do with an update
Ideal location and facilities for a short city break
- + Clean and friendly hotel, with adequate facilities for a short city break. Ideal location for getting to and from the airport and around the centre of Amsterdam. Comfortable bed and reasonable sized room.
- – Bottled water in the room was over priced, and no complimentry bottles were provided. There was no 'do not disturb' sign for the door, so we were petered several times for TV maintenence, room cleaning etc which we had not requeested while we were trying to sleep. The shower cubical did not have sufficient lighting and the toliet was in need of some repair.
Comfort ok, localization ok , breakfast to expensive
- + Central, good service.
- – Breakfast to expensive. Architecture, exterior new building appalling , comfort ok.
perfect hotel + location
Great Location & Service
- + Staff extremely helpful & friendly. Great location.
- – Breakfast expensive
Comfortable and a great location
- + Great location and excellent for smokers
- – Great room but the single radiator was not sufficient in keeping the room warm
- – very rude staff, dirty rooms
Great location,Friendly staff & clean hotel all round great stay.
- + Great location,Friendly staff,Clean And Comfortable rooms,I would highly reccomend it and will come back.
- – Dont have any .
A perfect weekend break
- + Within walking distance of all main attractions
- + VICINITY OF THE CITY CENTRE
- – EXPENSIVE BREAKFAST SMALL BATHROOM
Location, location, location...
- + Excellent location
Brilliant Hotel and location
- + Staff very Friendly! Upgraded because it was my birthday to a suite. Bed really comfortable and really clean.
- – Not a huge choice of different food on menu.
Very good hotel but expensive
- + Excellent hotel, great location, clean and comfortable room, lots of space, nice view.
- – Room price and also expensive breakfast (we opted for breakfast outside hotel).
Great hotel - idealy situated - friendly, efficient service,good food.
- + A vibrant city with something for all tastes - always plenty to see and do.
- – A little bit dirty with litter and graffiti.
the location is the best
Attention to detail; Rooms have a UK plug point (no adaptor needed)!
- + Excellent waiter/bar service, Concierge extremely helpful, very convenient to City Centre and Dam Square. Far enough away from the red light ditrict, but close enough to the train station when arriving..... 12 in our party...we all had a ball!
- – Basic rooms are a little small (minor point)
Very pleased with my stay.
- + The Staff was friendly, helpful, thoughtful. The complementary bottle of wine on my Birthday was a wonderful surprise. Very convenient to shopping, attractions, and transportation. My room was clean and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Amsterdam.
- – There was a slight odor of sewage around the elevators from the lobby. The food was on the expensive side, but very good.
- + Hotel is centrally located and very historical. Staff were very friendly - Angelique was most helpful :)
- – In my reservation I said there were two adults (i.e. myself and my husband), and requested a room with a bath. However, upon check in we were given a room with two single beds and no bath........We ended up extending for a second night and changed rooms to a room with a bath. Rooms were a bit expensive for the quality and a little outdated. Would say it is the equivalent of a 3.0-3.5 star australian. I work for an Australia Wide company in the same industry (i.e. accommodation) so I guess I am aware of the touchs that are missing and probably that touch more critical.....
- + Very central, staff very pleasant and extremely helpful at checkout with storage room for handluggage and umberellas due to bad weather Bar area very relaxing and room comfortable and clean
- – room lighting could use dimmer switch
Great location, lovely reception but moody carpets
- – Carpets in rooms need to be changed. Didnt like taking my shoes off in the room!
good for a business stay
- + Location is very good. Near the central station. The window in my room is facing other buildings, but it's pretty quiet, better than I expected.
- – The facilities in the room is a bit old.
great weekend in Amsterdam Victoria Hotel
- + Lovely hotel. We really enjoyed our stay. Brilliant location & close to all attractions & services
- – very steep stairs down to room 114 when you're trying to carry luggage & an even worse damp smell in the hallway!
- + Location
- – Single "SUPERIOR" room very small with window looking into dark space containing ventilation channels/devices -- in very contrast to information from your website: "The 306 guest rooms are spacious and very luxurious". Unpleasent small on corridors.
- + fantastic location, lovely shower and bed, friendly service
- – Security was a concern, seems some questionable people from the street were allowed to roam the hallways
Over all I would rate this hotel 7/10
- + Good location, clean & tidy, polite service.
- – A bit expensive for what you get for your money.
Great location, but that's about it
- + Indeed it is in a great location (as are many other hotels). You can easily walk to the train station and all points in central Amsterdam.
- – Put in "Garden" part of hotel - supposedly newer, but rooms woefully outdated and worn. Housekeeping was horrible, had to keep asking for top sheet on beds each day, washcloths, etc. Forgot to refresh toilet paper, tissues. Repeatedly. Carpet dirty, beds lumpy.
- + Room was large and well appointed. Staff was helpful and attentive to our needs. Location was great.
value for money
- + great location
- – rooms are very congested
High quality buisness hotel in excellent location.
- + Central Location, International Four Star quality spacious room with tea/coffee maker. Weekend special rate with breakfast included.
- – Internet 22 Euros a day
- + The staaf vas exetionel good. Recomended good resturants and was very helpful whith taxi and other information.
- – Couldent find any.
The best in Amsterdam
- + Exellent hotel, location ,service and reasonal price.
- – no
- – The hotel seems very run down and neglected, extremley dirty carpets everywhere in the hotel!! the lifts to the hotel bedrooms smelt terrible, the bedrooms were very old fashioned and not cleaned thoroughly by housekeeping during our stay - just the beds were made up and towels changed!!!! The breakfast was horrible and did warrant us returning after our first visit! although the hotel is in a reasonable location i would not recommend it to anyone as there are much better hotels in better locations!!! a complete dissapointment as it looked much better on the website.
Carpets to be changed in rooms if you would like me to return again
- + Hello I first stayed in victoria hotel 3 weeks ago, I stayed in the business suite which was very nice but cost over 3ooeuro which i tought was to expencive for that room for one night.
- – On Wednesday i stayed in the victoria once again 2nd time i stayed in an average room costing apx 150euro for 1 nigth price was reasionable but wasnt impressed with the condition of the carpets in bedrooms, Looked old and dirty really need to be changed.
- + Hotel and staff were lovely. A brilliant hotel!
- – There was a big mix up with the booking and it is still in the process of being dealt with. I found this very stressful during my stay. I was also dissapointed the swimming pool was out of order!
Convenience to train station, transportation and nightlife.
- + Close to train station, friendly staff.
- – Not great room for the price, located at touristy, noisy part of town.
Top class hotel and well located.
- + The staff were all so friendly & helpful including the front desk to the porters and the breakfast serving areas.
- – Maybe the hotel bar could stay open a little later. We arrived back from being out in town 2330 & it was closing up. To be fair it does state the closing times but hey I'm on holiday & in a capital city.
a very good place to stay in the centre of Amsterdam
Clean, convenient and comfortable, not cushy
- + Easy walk from the Central Train Station. Major tram/bus lines stop outside front door. Good for business and tourist use.
- – Ask for room in back if clang of tram bell would be a problem for you.
Great hotel, location and service
- + Great location, clean rooms and great service!
- + Excellent location for someone arriving by train from the airport and also exploring Holland by train for daytrips. Great service - staff are truly superb and really go out of their way to be helpful. Fabulous breakfast.
- – Pool is terrible - tiny and very cold. Very little space to sit while you watch the children. Most of this seating is uncomfortable: on a plastic furniture and very close to the pool that you get constantly splashed. Excercise room - tiny. Internet facilities downstairs are very expensive and only one printer was working.
A handy place to stay, great rooms
Generally good,some reservations
- + Staff pleasent and professional
- – Request for adjacent rooms not addressed until checking in. Charged for a movie not requested. One room quite small.
- + good location, good service, good breakfast
- + Friendly people behind desks. Very helpfull
Great location, nice room, helpful staff
- + spacious room (a true 3-person room, not just extra bed as in many places), minibar and safe in room; very helpful doorman/concierge; professional front desk and other staff; location near train station
- – none, really. Everything was OK
room 305 is a broom cupboard
- + good location and also the empathy displayed by the reception staff when I complained on departure as to the ridiculously claustrophobic, tiny room that I had to try to sleep in..
- – The room assigned to me on arrival was truly dreadful. Never ever stay in room 305 at this hotel - it's not much bigger than a shoe box! I know that I arrived quite late (10pm) but I had called at 4pm to request late check in. It frustrates me that as I travel with work (and work hard) I often arrive late at hotels and thus are assigned terrible rooms...whilst all the tourists that check in at midday (or whatever) get to take the rooms that guys like me deserve to relax in!
Good hotel but rooms not really up to scratch for the price.
- + Good location,bar & friendly staff.
- – Room very out dated-horrible carpet,old TV. There are far better quality rooms in Amsterdam for the same price - which we moved to for the next two nights.
Location is not everything!
- + very good location
- – Aircon was ineffective and room extremely small
- + Very friendly and helpful front desk and concierge Clean and comfortable room, nice hotel Perfect location when arriving by train!!
- – Hygiene: Very clean rooms and the Hotel over all, but carpeting on 4th floor disgusting ! Service: Beauty salon fully booked for a week ahead :-( Comfort: A shelf for toiletries would have been nice by thevery non-spacious sink
Great location, quiet but pricey
- + Location, quiet rooms, good shower
- – Expensive, price of breakfast
- + location excellent
- – decor of room was poor
An excellent weekend
- + Central location Very good service
- – Having to use two lifts
Not a bad hotel at all
- + Nice sized room. Very comfortable. Powerful shower.
- – Not great customer service. Fairly slow at getting things done.
- + Fantastic location, just opposite central train station. Very friendly staff. We got an upgrade for our room which was a pleasant surprise. Gym facilities was good and swimming pool was great.
- – None I can think of.Minor point about pricing of the gym for 14.5 EURO. A bit pricey but worth it.
Good Location, Expensive
- + Location
- – Expensive
- + Location excellent. Beautiful hotel.
coming back soon
- + excellent breakfast buffet
- – no
- + Our stay was a pleasant stay due hotel location, friendly service and room equipments.
- – Room was a bit small and with bad view as it was looking to the opposite rooms windows.
A generally positive experience
- – Safety deposit bocx in room was not working, and it took a day to get it fixed
Not worth 150 EUR a night.
- + Great location and friendly staff.
- – Expensive i thought for the room I got, too small and sheets were also not very clean. Furniture was also quite old.
Adequate but friendly hotel near Central Station
- + The hotel was a very short walk from Central Station, so when we arrived, tired, it was good that it was so close. It was also relatively close to everything else, and the staff, especially the concierge staff, was really friendly and helpful.
- – We were in the garden wing, a name I never quite figured out. It seemed older and seemed dirtier. (The carpet was pretty dirty, and the upholstery on the chairs in the room was filthy.) I got a good price from the Amsterdam visitors`site, but I felt it was a little overpriced, otherwise.
great hotel 6 time in Amsterdam and like him the best
- + Location great rooms great bfast
- – asked for a smoking room and they had no exective smoking rooms...
Victoria Plaza Hotel stay 24-05-09 to 28-05-09
- + A very comfortable and well appointed Hotel. Ideally situated opposite Centraal Station, handy for trams and City Centre places of interest
Good hotel need updating
- + Nice size room
- – No updated bathroom The room eventhough in the new extension needs updating.
Good Central Hotel
- + Very good reception staff,especially Sabrina
- – none
- + Excellent location, just in front of the central station. Clean and comfortable rooms. Can find budget price on the website if lucky!!
- + Location
- – No smoking price
Stellar Stay at the Victoria
- + The staff were extraordinarily helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. Especially the concierge; he was wonderful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.
- – They need to post a menu of their in-house restaurants. We never knew when they were open or what they served. So we didn't try them.
- – very expensive water, 6,5€ for a liter in a 150€ room.
- + Located at almost in front of Amsterdam Central Station! There are many restaurant and cafe...n easy to go to every where!
- – This price doesn't nclude Breakfast.
4th stay, will come again
- + very helpful and polite staff
- – a lot of noise into room 365 from service room opposite
A pleasant stay in Amsterdam
- + very friendly and helpful guys in the hotel lobby
- – some fresh milk on the mini bar list would be good for us English tea drinkers!
good location, good value
good hotel, good location, but unhappy in this room
- – the price for room 520 is too high. No view, too angular, old furniture and carpets
central position, helpful staff, would use this hotel again
- + very good concierge service Also sent a little present to my granddaugter for her birthday and let her try out the grand piano in the lobby
- – did not restock the tea/coffee facility
- + It is a good idea yhat you have included the braekfast in your offers.
- – Your hair dryer they are very old and need to be changed immediatlly
- + Breakfast.
- – Personnel in the lobby (4!) didn't help with carrying luggage. Check in took 30 minutes; they forgot about me. Young staff at reception should be learned to be more courteous and address people with 'u' instead of 'je'. A room on the lower floors in the new building without any view is just not what you expect when you see the beautiful pictures of the hotel. They told me my credit card didn't work; elsewhere I didn't experience any problems.
value for money
- + if prices can be maintained then the hotel offers value for money because of its location, good food and excellent service levels. would like to bring bring of approximately 12 to 16 persons at the end of april 2010. if a good package deal could be offered.
- – carpets on older sections of the hotel pass the its sell by date. needs replacing.
Nice hotel, friendly staff, but room was pricey for what we got.
- + Staff were very nice.
- – It was supposed to be an internet deal so I understood not getting a massive room etc. However in comparison to other "deals" with other 4 star hotels in the same area it worked out as quite expensive.
Expensive, great location.
- + The hotel is in a great location and the staff were all very polite.
- – The hotel is too expensive. The Hotel rate was E140 per night, for which, one would expect breakfast and gym included, which they were not. For this reason,I would not stay there again.
Fabulous hotel and facilities in a fabulous location!
Excellent hotel for exploring the city on foot.
- + Friendly, helpful staff Great location for the central area of the city Quiet despite central location Clean and comfortable
Great Location, Friendly staff and really enjoyed my stay
A lovely stay.
- + The beds were lovely and comfortable. The staff was friendly and good at their jobs.
- – Deco was fine but could do with a little updating.
Fraud in a charming hotel
- + Very well located charming hotel.
- – After presenting a credit card on arrival the reception staff "played" with it and deducted unauthorised payments of hundreds euros on daily basis. Shame!
All round great stay
- – Hallway where our room was located had a bad smell in it for the entire stay there.
this is more of a bed sit than a hotel
- – we booked a room for 3 and got a double with a camp bed in.this is not the thing to do in a 4star. maybe in a bedsit or at a reduction but we payed full price.
- + we wish the price would be like this next time we visit amsterdam... it was a good price for a very good hotel.
eighth wonder of the world
- + nice touch with the free bottle of red wine for my birthday thank you.
- – cost of bear. pillows were uncomfortable.
Great location, great buffet, great price...great hotel!
- + Can't think of a better location and a great price for 4 star accommodation in that location. Breakfast buffet was amazing.
- – Long walk to get to my room on the 5th floor, only a minor annoyance though...great hotel all around.
- – bathroom renovation is not done properly.
very comfortable, easy location from the airport train
100 euros/room in promo is the good quality/price
- + The quality of beds and pillows!
- – bathroom too small, not for this standing hotel... :-(
Excellently across from train station!
- + The room that I wanted was no longer available so we got an upgrade which was very kind of them. The view was of the train station and the cathedral to the right of the hotel. The suite was very roomy, very clean, and the bed was huge. We were surprised to get such a nice room!
- – None
Comfortable, stylish and close to everything
- + The hotel room was very comfortable, especially the beds. Hotel had a nice ambience and was particularly close to the train stationamd to Dam Square
- – Duvet had fethers - a lot of people are allergic to feather including me and I feel that a material duvet would suit all.
Lovely hotel, but far too expensive for just sleeping there!!
- + Very close to Central Station, which saves on taxi fares.
- – Too expensive with the pound and the euro, but not the hotel's fault. Would be looking for the hotel to be cheaper for my next visit. I think 270 euros for one night is far too much, but only booked it on the fee for 3 nights. Would not pay this again.We did not have breakfast either, but had it in cafe round the corner. Ther price of the breakfast was quite simply, ridiculous and felt like being robbed!!
Class hotel - class location
- + price, location, friendly staff
- – none i can think off
- – Last night my bathroom light was gone and they could not fıx ıt so they brought me a lıttle lamb wıth a long cord. It was very uncomfortable. When I was paying they did not do any discount for this matter I told them the cord was very dangerous because of the water drops.They said to me no it was not dangerouse. Never staying in this hotel again
a good quality hotel of reasonable price and perfect location
- + very good location exactly opposite the Centraal Station. Service was good and hotel facilities were nice and qualifies for its star-rate. Very thoughtful that it even provides different socket heads so we can do without adapters. Comfortably spacious rooms. Very comprehensive provision of daily utilities.
- – Relatively few choices of menu items in its restaurant, but that's minor.
- – dusty rooms with old furniture
- + ecxellent location, very nice rooms, good service.
- – expensive internet services and tv.
Park Plaza Victoria review
- + Great location near Centraal Station, within walking distance to everything.
- – Because they are putting a new Metro in all the hotels are having a problem with mice/rats. One night I got home to find one in my suitcase nibbling on a chocolate bar. Upon finding this being disgusted I informed the front desk and they were MORE than accomodating to move us to another room on the other side of the building, also provided an upgrade which was super nice. When booking your room I would ask to stay on the side opposite the station. After that we had no problems and a fantastic stay!
Great location with friendly staff
- + Great central location, friendly staff.
- – WIFI connection too expensive. Hotels must start to provide free connections.
Expensive but clean & comfortable....
- + Facilities etc
- – Funny about smoking!
- + Good location.
- – no slippers, no tooth brushes etc. No choices of pillow. No coffeemate or instant tea bags. No extra forks and knives or plates. Toilet should have ventilation fan and should redo the tiles which looks too dirty. As room is small, should use a sliding door instead for the bathroom same case with the wardrobe.
Fantastic location with spacious room
- + The room was superb as in separating bedroom from living room, and in the middle of city center. bathroom was hygiene and has all top quality supplies.
- – Lobby is not so big, and elevator location is not so clear.... small reception.
Very convenient nice upgrade
Nice Hotel !!
Great Location , Good Food, Pleasant Staff.
- + Excellent location. Friendly staff. Great menu. would certainly recommend
- – Lacked atmosphere...very cold spell and no fire lighting .little touches would have done alot. Restaurant staff were excellent but the delay getting coffee and cake during the day was ridiculous when you just wanted a "quick" afternoon coffee. Otherwise staff helpful, friendly and very professional. We enjoyed our stay.
Nice location but just OK.. a bit pricy
- + location
- – Rooms was not available before 5pm pool is very very small a just OK hotel and a bit pricy for the quality
Will definitely be back.
- + LOCATION!!!
- – Creaking floor under carpet.
- + the staff were nice
- – the only problem was there was a smell in our bathroom.
- + An excellent hotel - impeccable service from friendly, helpful staff.
- – On one occasion the bed was incompletely made.
Excellent in every way
- + excellent hotel
- – Maybe breakfast is too expensive
Good value for money except the restaurant
- + Central location , easy access to tours
- – A very dirty part of Amsterdam A not very good dinner in the restaurant - meat not cooked !
It is good hotel
- + They upgrade us to suite since there was no exective room
- – The room was very old Firneture was so old
Couldn't ask for better
- + Excellent service from cheerful and friendly staff
- – coffee/tea maker in room noisy and inefficient Would have preferred an ordinary kettle Bathroom also too small
Could do much better for a so called 4 star hotel
- + Good centrallocation and was still quiet at night.
- – Mice investation Rooms need upgrading
NICE HOTEL IN THE CENTRE OF AMSTERDAM, STORICAL BUILDING .CONFORTABLE
perfect location, rooms dnt match rest of hotel.
- + very clean lovely pool area and suana. perfect location! handy to get to from airport and all attractions are within walking distance of a short tram or bike ride away, however bring along ur flat shoes there plenty of walking to be done and plenty of great shopping to be done!
- – after the lovely reception area the bedrooms are a bit of a letdown however they are very clean.
Room service to be increased
- – MinuS: Cleaning of my room was never done before late afternoon. That's not acceptable. The carpet in the room need a seriuos cleaning or even to be changed.
Perfect location, wonderful hotel.
- + For us, this was the perfect hotel and location. We only had two nights and arrived by train. The hotel is directly across from the station and so made for easy in and out. People are fabulous at the hotel. The bellman, forget his name, walked us to the train station carrying all our luggage so we wouldn't have to struggle and waited until we located our train platform, etc. Wonderful plus, can't say enough about the staff. We will definitely be back.
Disappointed with the Victoria this time.
- + Great central location if you want to be in the heart of Amsterdam.
- – The smoking rooms were poorly decorated and we were advised that they were all in this condition and had not been renovated in many years. The rooms were not very clean and the daily service did not improve this condition.
- + Very good location.
- – Booked a Hot Deal which still. requested double room but got a twin, when asked to be moved the girl on receiption was rather smug. the smoking rooms smelt very bad, rooms where not aired and could not open window. rooms not the best value for money.
Quality hotel, with comfy rooms in a great location
- + V.Helpful concierge. V.Comfy rooms. Great Location.
- – I'd stay there more regularly if it was slightly cheaper.
The right hotel in the right place
- + Excellent location, beautiful restauration.
- – They need to install a ramp to pull luggage up the steps from street entrance to reception. It is both easy and cheap to do, and would help even people who do not need a walking stick like me.
great location, mediocre service
- + Extremely comfortable beds and comforters. And the location is outstanding. We arrived on a rainy evening from a terrible flight and the last thing we wanted was to look for a hotel. Luckily as soon as you exit the central station there she was!
- – When we couldn't figure out the internet in the room and called to have someone check on it. No one came. Good thing we figured it out in the end. Our bathroom had a leak somewhere and very smelly water was coming out. We told the maid (she didnt understand) so we showed her and when we came back, everything was fixed.
Satisfied overall .
good service , old fashioned rooms that could be cleaned better.
- + location was great , the bar had a friendly atmosphere , the check in / out staff were very friendly and helpfull.
- – the rooms were old fashioned compared to the bar , reception area. The lifts smelled of hydrolic fluid. Breakfest was too expensive , went out for breakfest every morning. The room cleaning could have been better.
Very good price/quality, best location possible.
GREAT LOCATION, SERVICE COULD BE BETTER
- + Excellent concierge gentleman who showed us to another room as the room given was so small we couldnt even put our suitcases anywhere without pulling them over the bed
- – Reception staff - on check in girl was not very helpful, on check out we were charged for an upgrade when we only moved to a more acceptable size room, had requested non smoking IT WAS SMOKING, plus didnt even get any of the upgrade items as listed on billboard, they did delete this from our account on settlement.
- + near train station. Clean
- + superb value for money,well appointed,spacious rooms and first rate staff.
- – none
- + nice location and good price on the "hot deal". Nice room too.
- – Nothing really
best stay in amsterdam
- + all i can say is that it was a pleasure staying with you, my mother and father cant wait to stay with you,
- – none
- – 2 PM - Too late check in time.
central, big, tired
- + central, quite efficient
- – impersonal, decor a little tired. Not particularly good value
- + location is a very good plus point as it is just across the road from central station.its nice to relax having a coffee in the cafe overlooking the main street and watch the world go by.the staff are very friendly and helpful.i will defo be staying there again.
- – none.
Would definately stay again
- + Close to the train station and very helpful staff. Beautiful food in restaurant and plenty of a selection for breakfast..
- – Room wasn't ready on arrival.
Good location for all means of transportation
- + Close to major transport means
- + Location
- – Poor bar service
- + Very good service at reception and the rooms were very spacious and comfortable
- – Bathroom was a little grubby round taps and I found a couple of hairs in the bath. Not enough to complain because the rest of the room was spick and span!!!
Business traveling in Holland
- + This hotel is in a very good position. We had an excellent service from the porters.
- – There no parking who make for us very difficult. One of the ladies at reception dont know her job. Breakfast very expensive.