- Score: 8.2 / 10 Score of 692 reviews
All reviews are completed by our guests after their stay at the hotel Hotel Vondel Amsterdam.
Groovy hotel in old Amsterdam setting
- + Really helpful staff in a cool, modern decor, hidden behind old Amsterdam frontage. Excellent position for exploring the major museums and real shopping, rather than the tourist traps of Leidseplein.
- – Strange soft beds with mattresses that moved around. Terrible lighting to do make up in bathroom, with an unimpressive selection of products. Only token tea and coffee making facilities. Break buffet reasonable. All of these should be better for a hotel of this class and price level.
- * my tip Restaurant Keyser near the Concertegebouw, just a short walk away, is an excellent spot for some fine dining.
- + very confortable and design
- – a litlle bit expensive the corridor is noisy no free wifi
- * my tip nice design, confortable room, very good location, good breakfast
Amazing designer hotel in the best district!
- + Extremely friendly and accomodating staff. Upgraded us to a cooler room (apartment) in the heatwave upon seeing that we had a 2 year old with us. Could not fault the hotel at all! Amazing!
Very Good Location to Major Attractions
- + We stayed at the Hotel Vondel in Amsterdam. The hotel is charming, quaint, and has its own character. Our room’s décor made it feel more like apartment style living than a hotel stay. The location of the hotel was great. Not too far from main attractions yet nestled on a quite block offering a residential feel.
- – Albeit, the hotel’s location was not on the main street we got very little sleep because inside the hotel was noisy. I would recommend the higher floor
- * my tip Make sure you stay on the top floor otherwise you will be subjected to the noise
Fantastic hotel, top quality service, great hotel and amazing rooms
- + A fantastic hotel within a short distance of all the sights, room was amazing, clean and design was superb. I would suggest upgrading to a junior suite. Room 533 was excellent! Service was prompt, friendly and top notch
- – No complaints at all.
- – No air condition in the bathroom
Great hotel - very comfortable & convenient!
- + We were upgraded to an apartment as there were no double rooms left when we went to check in.
Enjoy few minute in this hotel
- * my tip To book any time this hotel
Could be much better !
- + Central location. Helpful staff.
- – Overpriced for the quality, size and the location of the room. Breakfast is very expensive for what is offered and should have been included in the price of the room. The sink in the bathroom was very modern, but very impractical. The room (ours was the so-called executive room) we were given was in the basement , it was very dark and the ceiling was very low. We were like in a coffin. The window view was just a wall. There was not enough fresh air. The corridors are like warrens, poky and if there was a fire you'd have no chance of finding your way out. We asked to be moved to a upper floor, but staff said there is no available room. Dusty floorcarpets in the room. there was a pornographic movie airing on a channel. I was with my child. This is very bad!
Empfehlenswert - wenn günstig last minute gebucht
- + sehr freundliches Personal, last Minute sehr günstig und gut
Stylish, comfortable hotel in a prime city location
- + A comfortable hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. Superb location. Would definitely stay again.
Quiet boutique hotel just by the heart of the city
- + Really great staff, couldn't be more helpful.
A good and well located hotel
Excellent hotel for mini-break in Amsterdam. Avoid breakfast!
- + central location
- – breakfast is very expensive for what is offered
No more pornography in my room please!
- + conveniently situated, well maintained.
- – there was a pornographic movie airing on a channel but I never subscribed or requested this kind of program. I was with my children. This is very bad!
4 nights stay review - Hotel Vondel Amsterdam
- + The Hotel is located in an absolutelly lovely place; inside, everything is very well decorated, presented and organized.
- – I was absolutely satisfied with the hotel, but only noticed that the room size should be a little bit more spacious
beautiful hotel but very very noisy
- + -hygiene
- – - noise (from the street and inside the hotel) - price of breakfast
Perfect - we will be back!!
- + gorgeous rooms, very clean, very comfortable beds, really good service, very proffessional, great location - right across the road from liedsplien but in a quiet tree lined avenue - very pretty area VERY close to everything else.
- – one morning we were woken around 10am by a lot of delivery vans and taxi's outside the hotel, but that was actually a bit of luck as we overslept! If you're on a city break or business you should be up early enough anyway.
could be perfect
- + location possibility to rent bike/scooter nice atmosphere living rooms
- – internet cost rooms made from cave (noise, sights)
Chic hotel, amazing location , service let it down.
- + Fantastic location, super looking hotel, friendly staff and comfortable room.
- – Niggles - condom wrapper and large accumulation of dust benind beside table/mini bar (yuk). The level of room cleaning varied depending on the day. The service at the check in desk was shambolic! BUT none of hte above ruined the stay.
good price/ quality value
- + very close to the center, quiet, friendly staff
- – cleaning service in room was disappointing, not enough towels, no proper cleaning of toilet, no refill of shower gel and shampoo, breakfast seems too expensive
Pleasant weekend around Leidseplain.
- + Localisation très bonne de l'hôtel : centre ville à 5 mns à pied. Personnel serviable et accueillant. Malgré le prix élévé du petit-déjeuner (20 euros par pers), grand choix de viennoiserie, céréales, pains ... Très bon restaurant.
- – Insonorisaton moyenne : portes qui claquent, aspirateur dès 8h le matin ... Chambre double : le minimum car petite pièce (10 à 12mÂ²)
- – rooms in the soutterain are not very comfortable- no fresh air and no airconditioning.
2 night stay
- + Really nice hotel, friendly and helpful staff, great decor, pleasant atmosphere and a great location
- – when our bedroom was attended to by roomkeeping, our bed was made and towels folded, our used cups were left unwashed, tea bags and coffee creamers we used were not replaced for our second days stay. Some more attention to detail would benefit. Also breakfast is over priced.
Just do it
- + Very stylish hotel. Excellent location. Friendly staff. Nice clean rooms.
- – Poor breakfast. Not much to choos from. Not 4 star...Everything else was perfect.
Brilliant hotel - would definitely recommend
- + The hotel was beautiful and the room was lovely, and very comfortable. It was a good size, even though it was advertised as a small room. The service was excellent, particularly in the restaurant, where the food was wonderful. I'd recommend the hotel to anyone, and we'll definitely be staying there when we visit Amsterdam again.
- – None.
could be much better !!!!
- + only price and location
- – very amall rooms not even space for loggage or even prayar!!!! no towels the room was ready at 3 PM !!!!
Stylish, well-located hotel
- + Lovely, well-equipped bathroom. Excellent location and very stylish.
- – Small double room was comfortable but smaller than expected.
False discount offers
- – We made a reservation one month in advance to get a discounted "luxury" room. On arrival we were told that the order had been cancelled one day before (which we did not do). Another ordinary room was found for us but we felt somewhat cheated.
excellent hotel and location
- + very helpful staff and location is ideal
Great service but small room
- + Servicde / Personal: they are very good
- – Room size: the single room is very small, hot and if you open the window is very loud. The room seems to be a part of corridor, which was closed and transformed in a single room (very small)
Overbooking situation - move to other hotel!
- + The reservation for the dinner at the Okura Hotel we asked for was made properly.
- – Many after our reservation has had not been handled as foreseen and we have had as surprise to move to the Roemer Hotel instead staying at the Vondel Hotel. No engagement of the staff for their jop, other room category than reserved (standard room instead superior room). Incredible price of Euro 36 for 24h parking on the street which is 33% more than in Paris at the parking house where we paid Euro 24.
Very nice place to stay!
- + Location is excellent, and the staff were very helpful. The bar staff were very friendly and helpful about what to do and see in Amsterdam.
- – The 4th floor was very warm as there was no air conditioning...this may be repaired by now.
Nice stay at a cosy hotel
- + Excellent service
- – It was dusty floorcarpets in the room, this is not very hygienic.
- + The hotel is very well situated near the Leidsplein. The room was beautifully appointed and extremely comfortable. All of the staff were very professional and very nice. And the hotel restaurant was delicious. We had a wonderful time.
- – The jacuzzi had trouble holding water for a bath.
Excellent- a four star stay
- + These accomodations at the Vondel were excellent Staff was execllent in meetin my needs Room was far superion than any other that I have stayed at. I have had many trips to Europe and by far theis hotel exceeded my expections. Any future trips to Amsterdam will include this hotel. Thank you for a wonderful stay.
- – none
a warm winter in Amsterdam
Nice architecture and design, but service not that efficient
- – People at Front desk are not always that pleasant and efficient. Some of the rooms are really small, impossible for 2 suitcases.
Cosy boutique hotel with top location
- + Exellent Location, interior design,
- – the prices for internet access and breakfast is far to high limited offer of TV channels and poor quality of the broadcasting
- + Hyvällä alueella, perussiisti, kivasti sisustettu pieni kahden hengen huone.
- – Huoneen lämmitys oli pois päältä tullessamme huoneeseen, laitoimme sen heti täysille, mutta vielä aamulla oli kuitenkin vilua. Huoneen ovesta kuuluivat kaikki äänet läpi, kun joku liikkui käytävällä, tästä johtuen heräsin monta kertaa yön aikana.
- + good location, room not the worst but not sure it was worth the money.
- – Very shabby, kids running all over the place as you walk in. In the 5 minutes we were waiting to check in 3 guests were complaining about their rooms and trying to be moved to new rooms. the corridors are like warrens, poky and if there was a fire you'd have no chance of finding your way out. Intern who was working at the check in desk (had badge that said intern) was so rude and rolled her eyes when I asked her if she had a sewing kit, the rest of the staff were much nicer and helpful.
- – no good cleanig at the room. Beds has not been done for all nights staing. Reception stuff - rent bycikles - no ring, no light - problem with police Put on the bild items from minibar which we did not take.
Solid place in Amsterdam
A delightful and comfortable design hotel
- + Stunning design - the bedroom, bathroom and public rooms were all very stylish but comfortable. The bed was wonderful - piled high with good pillows, complete with a duvet. For thirsty Brits, there was even a kettle (very rare in Dutch hotels). Breakfast was excellent - good choice. Excellent location, near Leidseplein but on a quiet street.
- – We were told at check-in that the breakfast was inclusive in our rate (we didn't think it was) but on check-out, we were charged an additional 20 euros each for it, on top of the rate I had booked through hotels.nl. The breakfast was good, but it was rather cheeky to do it this way.
Nice rooms but badly run and poor service from staff
- + Nice rooms
- – Terrible service from staff.The bar was a disaster. Pood breakfast service. No concierge
A very well located hotel with excellent service.
- + Room was clean, staff was helpful, location was great
- – Seemed overpriced for the quality and size of the room. Breakfast should have been included in the price of the room.
A very nice hotel to Stay in Amsterdam
- + The hotel was so nice and clean and with a good views. The booking problems the day we arrived were solved very quickly
- – There were some mistakes when we arrive because our booking didn't appear on your systems.
Excellent design hotel in perfect location !
- + The location is perfect and the Junior suites are amazing !! The restaurant is very good too . We recommend this hotel .
- – Air conditioning was too weak for a real hot day
A great stay in Amsterdam
- + The location is very central and you have everything close by. I liked the design feeling of the place. The staff were very helpful and pleasant to deal with.
- – The shower was not working very well and the rooms are a little bit small. Other than that I do not have anything to comlain about.
great hotel...what a pleasure
- + The staff were really wonderful. The room was small but very pleasant and very nicely decorated. The breakfast was great.
- – The swisscom interent connection was expesive and poor.
Very acceptable short stay in Amsterdam
- + Friendly efficient service at all times. good breakfasts. Clean sheets and towels every day. Well stocked minibar, coffee etc. Spacious comfortable room. (executive double)Good value for money. Convenient for the main museums and concert hall.5 minute walk into centre of city.
- – Hotel generally very warm, air conditioning in room not very effective. (weather rather hot and muggy) |Minibar not very cold
Friendly but more like an upmarket hostel.
- + Friendly staff and good location.
- – Room was definitely not luxurious and stlylishly furnished as promoted. Rather a very modern, average hotel but more like an upmarket hostel. Breakfast was so poor I refused to pay for it and getting breakfast elsewhere in the early morning in that area is not easy.After an explanation to the manager, he agreed not to charge me so at least that was a positive. It was quite noisey at night from the adjoining outdoor restaurant. The frosted glass on the bathroom window had no curtains and this was directly infront of the toilet and shower which meant when the light was on, anyone could see your silouette, which did not impress my wife. The beds were pushed together into a space which meant I could not get out of the side of the bed easily. The sink in the bathroom was very modern but very impracticle. This hotel would be OK for my children backpacking but not at this price. By the way, I travel the world every month and am not the sort of person who usually complains like this but in this case......
- + friendly staff.
- – small rooms .
Good hotel in a great location
- + The staff were helpful and obliging. Great location. Very clean and tastefully decorated.
- – The first room we were given was dark and had tiny windows in the basement. We asked to be moved and we were given a much better room. we had friends who were staying in the hotel also,they had a much nicer and bigger room than us for same price.
- + The hotel is just beautiful, very relaxing, could stay there a while.
- – The staff acted more like 2 star then 4.
- + Quiet street, close to the #1 tram, friendly and efficient staff, nice breakfast.
- – None, really. There was a bit of renovation going on but this is really normal for hotels housed in older buildings. The little bit of renovation work was not an inconvenience whatsoever.
- + Location was good.
- – Very small suffocating room with out airconditioning. There was renovation work going on in the front side of the building.
- + The location and the service were very good and that they had a garden and restaurant inside the hotel was a great plus as well
- – The room was small and the showerhead was not fixed, it sprayed all over the room,
- + THE STAFF AT HOTEL VONDEL WAS VERY HELPFUL AND KIND. THE ACCOMIDATIONS WERE EXCELLENT. EVEN THOUGH IT WAS A LITTLE PRICY, BUT OVERALL THE EXPERIENCE WAS EXCELLENT AND I WOULD ADVISE STAYING AT THE HOTEL. 15 MIN WALK TO ANYTHING YOU WANT.
- – IT WAS A LITTLE HARD TO FIND, BE PREPARRED TO ASK LOCALS FOR DIRECTIONS
- + Friendly and Helpful staff. Good standard of rooms, with good facilities. Central location, but with the advantage of being on a quieter side street.
- – Building work was being undertaken, but only during the daytime, this did not particularly impact upon my stay.
- + Great location - good service!
- + Location is great and cute/querky hotel with wonderful staff. Julia at desk made any problems I had go away.
- – Room booked well in advance but offeres "sister hotel" in lieu of room immediately below fromt desk. Room turned out to be okay but could hear desk clerks walking on the wood floor above my head.
- + Very pleasant atmosphere. Friendly staff.
- – Room on ground floor was quite noisy. Long disturbance in the tv/movie system.
- + Wonderful breakfast and restaurant menu. In a quieter part of the city.
- – Rooms can be a bit small and staff lacks some polish.
- + Nice room, good location.
- – Room was too cold and temperature couldn't be adjusted. There was a distinctive smell of fresh paint in the room which is rather unacceptable. The lamp on the left side of the bed did not work. The remote control for the television was missing.
- + superb location, stylish and comfortable
- – can be noisy, refurbishment being undertaken
- + staff room
- – ongoing renovations which werent advised to me poor quality of breakfast
- + Good location, nice room
- – Was told no building work was going on as I was worried when I read some of the reviews, was assured there wouldn't be but there was so it was disappointing I was lied too. Queues at recption and we weren't sometimes acnowledged in the queue. Room wasn't cleaned as early as it should have been. Took a while for the iron and ironing board to reach us despite three calls. Drinks were expensive from room service and in the bar.
- + it was clean.
- – the hotel charged full rates and did not tell guests it was undergoing a full renovation. this is not acceptable, and certainly not to charge full rates during this time. the hotel could not cope with being heavily booked.
- + staff were friendly and helpful
- – we had to change room three times - there was a problem with the plumbing in the first room as the bath gurgled when the toilet was flushed. the second room was an absolute nightmare - there was such noise coming from the floor below that the bed vibrated - impossible to have good quality sleep in such circumstances. We went out one night and got locked out as the front door was locked and there was nobody on the reception desk. After waiting in the freezing cold for at least 15 minutes, a member of staff came from down the street and let us in. Also, there was no milk provided for the tea and coffee in the room, no mini bar menu in two of the three rooms, the hairdryer plug was too loose and the sink was far too small and cumbersome to use.
- + hotel staff very friendly and accomodating; good breakfast; nice lobby and bar/restaurant area; should be a nice hotel after construction is finished;
- – construction on part of the building starts as early as 7:00AM-7:30AM; should not house guests in that part of building; room appeared to be still under construction; small bathroom sink made hand washing difficult; hot water pot dusty; internet charge is expensive;
- + none
- – Said my visa card was not a visa card and refused it for cash. smaller room than advertised.room cleaning service knocked at the door at 8 am and said oh you are still here? room construction details unfinished.missing lights and strings out of the walls, dirty walls with holes, bathtub cleaning was suspicious.workers made big noise just next our room at 9 am.THIS IS A NO GO GUYS, NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!
- + The hotel was doing renovations when we arrived, they sent us to another hotel (Roemer) down the road which met all our expectations.
- – some disturbing noise from arriving guests on an upper level at 1.30 am.
- + good location good room
- – building noise due to refurb but hotel made adjustment to compensate
- + Beautifully designed, particularly the reception area and bar - very stylish and luxurious. Great location for exploring Amsterdam on foot, boat or tram. Service was really good - a baby cot was provided and when we had a problem in our room, we were moved to another without any problem. Both our rooms were big enough for a cot and pram, as well as leaving room to open up the suitcase! It was also easy to book rooms over the internet. I'd definately recommend staying here - as long as the prices don't go up!
- – The bathrooms could do with updating. The window in our first room didn't open so was very hot, but we were moved to another room as soon as we asked.
- + Very stylish hotel with excellent quality rooms; close to transport and art museums. Easy walk to main tourist spots; located in quiet residential area.
- + Good Area. Walking distance to busy square and Rijksmuseum. Clean, comfortable hotel. Good shower. Helpful staff. Glad we stayed there, would not be put off visiting again.
- – Small rooms, but not too small. Poor views from some rooms. Double room should be double bed, not two singles pushed together. Check out can be a bit slow.
- + The location of the hotel is ideal. Staff are very friendly and helpfull.
- – To long waiting times during check-in and breakfast service.
- + excellent atmosphere, friendly people
- – our room was close to the elevator, looked like someone was vacuumcleaning all night. The light in the bathroom is to poor to do your make up
- + Excellent location. The bottle of champagne at NY was much appreciated
- – The new shower heads are too big for the cubicle and everything gets wet as there are no cubicle doors. We had to mop the floor with towels as water flooded into the bedroom. We were moved into another room quickly and efficiently.
- + Free upgrade.
- – Some stains on pillow and blankets.
- – Internet was not available for use in the hotel lobby, though it was said it would be. Minibar list was not correct in the bill. Roomservice had only one option ifom the menu to order!
- + - The location was excellent - The hotel was well designed and inviting - Clean and Tidy environment - Internet access - Information on Amsterdam was at hand (guides and maps etc)
- – - Very noisy during the night (stairs, people, lift, corridors,pipes) - No Shower Curtain - the heating was very inconsistant - The choice of food from room service was minimal - No drawers in the room - No milk with the tea and coffee facilities
- + location was very good just the right distance from the centre.
- – when we got there they were carrying out building constuction that we wernt told about , we booked in advance & should of been told really!!!
- + good location, comfortable rooms, very well located, nice staff.
- – the hotel has not parking and the nearest is very expensive.
- + Room very cosy. Nice design. Warm welcome.
- – Bathroom not like the photo on the website. Underwear found under the bed. Heating far too hot.
- + Good location near the nightlife and museum district. Very clean.
- – Room very dark, window would not open, booked a junior suite which they did not have available so was put in normal room, they said they would give 50 euro discount but when it came to the bill they denied this.
- + very nice room (executive room ) staff :very pro., very nice hotel !
- – nothing , nada, rien !
- + Nice decor.
- – We requested adjacent rooms,when we got to the hotel our rooms were seperate and not of the grade we paid for.The other party were in a small room in the down graded second building,our room was a basement with windows at the street level.The hotels attitude was awful they were hard to deal with although did upgrade us and give us compliemtary breakfast for the hassle.Even so bar staff and reception were not friendly.Expensive drinks and food for price.
- + Very modern, quiet and plush inside. The free toiletries were of a better quality than most hotels provide.
- – Is it just us or is the breakfast a crazy price?
- + The room and bathroom were beautifull, lovelly design and attention to details everywhere in the hotel. Good service. Location is perfect, quiet but close to everything.
- – Breakfast is good but really too expensive.
- + Good Location. Friendly and Helpful staff.Room was Spotlessly clean.
- – Room very small. Walls and ceilings a bit thin, so room was a bit noisy.
- + The rooms, beds and bathroom were very comfortable.
- – We had the bad luck of staying during the time the elevator wasn't working and that was terrible! Your receptionist offered to use your new hotel, but with a higher price. I think that due to the broken elevator, you should've offered the switch for free! We felt that breakfast was extremely expensieve. Not having where te plug the hairdryer in the bathroom, that was uncomfortable.
- + The peoples working are very kind. The hygene in the room was OK.5 is just for the confort of the room.
- – In the night we had noise. The shower-bath wa old and break.The effect of the bath was dirty.The room was in a building without service.The confort of the bath was 1
- + the design, the location.
- – 1. my single room was very very small. my bed was short for my height (1.75 cm) 2. 2nd day I moved to a double room, it was in the adjucent building 5th floor. the elevator did not work during my stay (for 2 days). When when complaint >I got smiles!!!! İt was disturbing and rather unconvenient.
- + Service was excellent. Our first room was in the basement and smelt of damp so the staff moved us to another room quickly and efficiently and charged no more even though the room was bigger. Hotel beautifully decorated - wished we'd had time to eat in the restaurant.
- – Next time we stay there I shall specifically request not to stay in a basement room as there was a damp smell.
- + Very central location on a beautiful street. Nice with a garden at the back. Small rooms, but still very modern and adequate for our stay. Beautiful interior all accross the whole hotel. Staff was very pleasant and professional. A very enjoyable stay in Amsterdam. Excellent cocktails in the bar.
- – Very expensive breakfast and the lift was a bit too small.
- + Great location, very central to the things I wanted to see during my stay. Staff very polite and helpful. Especially the young lady at reception desk. Recommending hotel to my family.
- – Street sound very audiable at night. Also, the door lock system very loud. I woke up each time someone entered their rooms, as I'm sure they did when I came in.
- + Very friendly and well located.
- – Attention to guest safety low. Hotel is a series of old houses with narrow stairs and halls. Utility closet door on 4th floor was always standing opened and needed a key to close - blocked hallway. Maids filled halls with cleaning equipment while in rooms-blocked hallways. Floor sloped down into stairwell at just the spot where one needed to climb over equip. Would not go back; despite how friendly and well located - hazardous.
- – there was no mirror in the room which i found unbelievable for a 4* hotel! the 1st room we had was very, very small and we requested to be moved. the room was still much smaller than i expected
- + Friendly staff. Very good food
- – Smoking
- + very clean, tidy and modern. good location, can walk to most places and can catch trams nearby.
- – we were given a room on the top floor but the lift were not workin so had to walk up several flights of stairs. they exchanged our room for a lower floor when requested tho. sometimes noisey from the cleaners and street outside.
- + Excellent ambience, friendly staff, good-ish food
- + I loved the decor of the hotel, it was stylish and contemporary without being too minimal. The room was very comfortable with a very relaxing view of the garden, and sound of running water.
- – I stayed in room in 106, and the sound of people walking on the floor above and scraping of chairs was very disturbing and unpleashant.
- + Very serviceminded staff. Helped us with everything from how to get to Nordweijk by train to where to eat our anniversary dinner. Very nice room, a small balcony for enjoying the very nice September weather. Great location - everything within walking distance.
- – Too expensive breakfast.
- – The room was very small, although I purporsly ordered a big room. The hotel charged 1.50 EU for every use of a phone card! That was very annoying.
- + It was brilliant being in the apartment - we loved it. Staff friendly & efficient.
- – 2 small beds next to each other - not good. We drifted apart every night. Beds need to have hooks to lock them together. A double mattress over the 2 single bases would be a HUGE improvement! Or - if you need to keep it flexible & have 2 single mattresses, how about hooks AND kingsize sheets to help make it into a double bed? Shower screen no good. Water goes all over the floor. Our very nice cleaner told us that it was like that every time he cleaned the apartment. We could not guess that we had to keep the radiators on to get hot water! The weather was warm & sunny so naturally we turned the radiators off....& then had no hot water. Kitchen not very clean - some cupboards were disgusting.
- + The restaurant staff was superb. The room was big, the bathtub nice and deep. Fantastic location.
- – The beds were too soft. Housekeeping forgot to provide coffee 7 out of 9 mornings.
- – we were in an executive room. the hotel is very very noisy (we heard people in the other rooms and we were street side) and it doesn't worth the price of the room
- + The Hotel Vondel was amazing. We stayed in all 4 and 5 star hotels during our trip to Europe and the Hotel Vondel was the nicest. Very friendly staff and convenient location. Definately would recommend.
- – Far from train station, but anything nice is.
- + very comfortable & stylish, large room, excellent location, friendly & helpful staff, quiet, arranged good taxi service to airport. Would definately recommend & would go back ourselves.
- – no towel rail in bathroom, breakfast was expensive (but not required due to location near many cafe's & restaurants), tea/coffee was not replenished in room, no price list for minibar in room.
- + The beds were very comfortable. The location was ideal for short walks to the square, museums, trams, and numerous restaurants. The rooms were cleaned daily. They appear to cater to an older tourist crowd and family crowd.
- – The price of all their food vs. the quality of their food was way too high. I was overcharged and didn't notice until I was at the airport. They gave me a non-smoking room when I requested smoking. They gave me a room right on the street which was noisy early in the AM. My pass key failed repeatedly to open my door. I went to Amsterdam not only for the great city atmsophere but also for the liberal cannabis laws. Every night when I would go back to the hotel the night reception and doorman would comment something in dutch about ganja and hashish. That made me feel a little uncomfortable but being from the states I soon shrugged it off as misinformed ignorance about cannabis on their parts. I didn't need air conditioning as the weather was perfect but found out in Europe AC=open window and fan.
- + Very Friendly and helpfull staff, having the option on the apartment was excellent
- – My partner and I suffered with bites from the bedroom, the stairs leading to the apartment needed decoration
- + Very clean and presentable with friendly staff. The location is excellent, close to vondelpark and short walk to city centre. Didn't get chance to use the restaurant but it looked very nice. Worth the money-Highly recommended!
- – Expensive mini-bar (but they are everywhere?, too tempting! ;)
- – The staff, cleaning rooms etc., did make noise (speaking louly) 8-10 AM outside the door although the do not disturb sign was on.
- + Modern furnishings
- + - At least the apartments are excellent quality for the money. - Location is very nice and quiet just next to Vondelpark - Nice and cosy inner yard
- – - Balcony door couldn't be opened since the handle was broken. - On our second night the maid hadn't done the dishes. - I noticed in Finland from my bill that I was charged some 9 euros "Bar". However, we didn't have a minibar in the apartment and the only time I used the bar services I paid the beer (6Â¤) in cash.
- + Very stylish hotel,reception, bar and room. We stayed in another hotel for a few days before coming to the Hotel Vondel but we wished we would have booked this for our whole stay. My kind of hotel.
- – The only down point was that the room was narrow (although long)and there was a long table at the bottom of the bed, with a large lamp, large fan and other equipment. This made it feel slightly clostraphobic. Just not leaving alot of room for 2 people to get ready.
- + We loved the ex -and interior design -and we where thrilled about your breakfast. All in all we would definitely recommend your hotel to our freinds.
- – Your breakfast at 19 euro we find a little bit to expensive. The aircondition in the rooms it selvs and in the bathrooms where insufficient. (Much to warm) and just a miner detail, which we known you can do absolutly nothing about - some of the rooms needs one or two extra square metre.
- + Very kind hotel staff: front desk and wait staff. Our request for a nonsmoking room had been overlooked but was quickly corrected upon our arrival. The rooms are tight but exceptionally clean and comfortable (the bed and bath gets all the attention and the space-- that's what I want from a hotel room).
- – The walls are definitely thin, but overall it wasn't a problem. The restaurant is a little overpriced, and the kitchen closes by 10pm (but the bar serves drinks in the lounge until midnight or so).
- + Location is very central,and the room is really nicely designed. Comfortable beds and pillows with all toiletries in place. Courteous front office staff.
- – Common areas to the rooms constantly smelt of smoke Reception was a bit chaotic, unable to handle the lot of guests coming in
- + The hotel was in a great location, right in the heart of the city, but away from the noise of the Ledsplein.
- – The room was tiny - it was a small double, but you could hardly move about in it and felt very claustraphobic. Also, I initially booked for 3 nights, Fri, Sat & Sun, then I phoned on the Friday to extend my stay until Tues and the room price was a additional 64 Euros ontop of what i was paying for the same size of room, which I thougt was a bit expensive.
- + Beautiful Boutique Hotel. Nice bar, good music (house/jazz), good service. Funky place, well designed, tasteful decor.
- – Small room, although comfortable. Very expensive breakfast (>Â¤18 pp). Room charge excessive for room size. Unfortunate that on arriving in Amsterdam from Kuala Lumpur at 6am, no room available until 3pm.
- + the room was perfect, really good. the bathroom was very nice aswell
- – it took a long time to check in and out. the telephone was being answered eventhough we were in the middel of checking in and again when we were checking out. it makes you feel less importent.
- + Location
- – No air-conditioning, surly front desk staff, bathroom would flood every time you showered (and there was no hook to hold the shower head), in room coffee / tea not refilled every day
- + Second room great. Quiet location, but in a central area(Leidsplein, where all the restaurant's and shopping start's). Nice and tidy rooms, very helpful staff,and a nice backyard. Modern decign in hotel. Free internet and PC use.
- – Expensive hotel, but Amsterdam hotels in general are expensive. Small rooms, but tasteful. the second room we had during our stay was much larger. The reason why we changed was beacause we had reserved smoking-rooms. Breakfast not cheap, but since you are not far away from Leidsplein it doesn't matter.
- + Service, decor, staff,
- – Just a very little bit out of the way.. but still very close walking distance to most attractions. Room was a bit small but still normal for European standards
- – there were little cosmetic products and it was very hot in the room . we were sorprise because the hotel have a little segurity on the lift (elevator).
- + The lobby of the hotel was actually very nice and the reception staff were friendly when we booked in. In our room though it felt like a different hotel as it was in a different building and not nearly as smart as the main hotel lobby. Having said this, the room was modern and comfortable enough with a good shower. I'd recommend the hotel, though perhaps not as a first choice. Also, perhaps consider getting a larger double room if possible. All the accommodation in Amsterdam seems to be reasonably expensive.
- – The small double room was really very small and dark. The corridors leading to our room were also dark and small. Our room had a separate hotel entrance so we had no contact with hotel staff during most of our stay. Breakfast not included and expensive if paid for separately. A minor complaint was that the pillows were too firm.
- + great location, and great service. I really recomend!!!
- – small details like tv cable showing.. but that's really looking for bad pointers
- – Do not accept rooms 201, 301 or 401, which are close to the elevator; there is no service elevator, thus the roommates are making a lot of noise in the morning while cleaning around.
- + The food was very good and the wine, the hotel is very chic and clean good location for all the sights. The room was very spacious,clean and comfortable. We would use this hotel again if we visit Amsterdam again.
- – The only minus point was that you could hear people talking in the lougne below and people coming in and out of the hotel.
- – The hotel didn't reply to the question I asked on the web site
- + Good hotel. I used a special offer, which was good value for money.
- + Nice/happy staff. Good minibar.
- – Really small rooms (double room). The walls and the doors seemed be made of paper cause we heard our neighbours all the time. We haden´t ONE night of good sleep! Asked for smokingroom but got non-smokingroom, e.t.c.
- + Breakfast - very good, but quite expensive. Dinner - very good. The staff was uniformly friendly and helpful. Great location.
- – Lobby internet service was not great. Room internet service was very expensive.
- + The location is perfect. Very central, and yet in a quiet street away from all the pubs/restaurants. The hotel is very stylish and modern and our room was big. The personnel was friendly and helpful.
- – The beds were too soft. I stayed at hotel Vondel once before and I liked the beds then, maybe they changed mattresses in the meantime. They were too soft for my liking and I found it difficult to sleep. Also the hotel could benefit from airconditioning!
- + The staff was superior. The evening meal in your restaurant was excellent
- – I would not like to stay there in the summer. It got hot in our room. We did not eat breakfast, too expensive for the meal. You should include breakfast. A hotel of your size often has breakfast included. It would be a nice plus.
- + we booked a 2-bed-room and got an update for a 2-room-suite with kitchen
- + really good location.
- – Was expecting a biger room.
- + Interieur that, due to its dark colours, makes you relax. And a location that is close to what is important according to food and transportation, but still in a quiet street.
- + We Loved the room, Bath room,the bed was comfortable even with it being 2 singles together, the whole experience was super, and the front desk was very helpful. It met our expectations fully we would stay there again Thanks to all Vondel emplyees for there help very laid back loved it Jay & Christina Lancaster
- – dont have any
- + Very stylish room interior & lobby/bar, excellent location.
- – Small room but who cares
- + Style, helpfulness of staff, comfort, proximity to Vondel Park, tram access. This is possibly the best hotel I've stayed in in Amsterdam!
- – None I could find on this very short visit.
- + Good decor, comfortable bed
- – The biggest issue for me was having to access the reception and restaurant by leaving the "annex" and walking along the road. No great distance but not pleasant when it's cold and wet. Also, two light bulbs were not working in my room - one by the bed and one in the bathroom. It caused no great problem for me but these sort of details should not happen, nor should it be necessary for me to tell the hotel about them One bulb can go suddenly, yes, but two suggests that no-one had checked the room before I occupied it.
- + Very nice design, especially lobby and restaurant - "Tailored chic". Located on nice, quiet street near museums and high end shopping. Easy walk to Leidesplein and center.
- – Rooms small, but well-designed for size. Had trouble figuring out shower/hot water...
- + great welcome its my 4th visit and we really appreciated the upgrade and hopefully we,ll see you in may cheers dave
- + nicely decorated rooms
- – breakfast too expensive
- + Stylish design and nice furnishings. Pleasant staff.
- – Thought the breakfast was expensive.
- + Very helpfull staff great location and great decor very different.
- – Access to rooms would be an advantage because of uk flights. Breakfast a little expensive and seating uncomfortable
- + Nice hotel!! Ideal for a weekend break!! Highly recomended!!
- – The shower was amazing but the drain is in the middle of the bathroom so it floods the bathroom out!! Also it is 6 euros for a pint in the hotel!!!!!!!!!
- + Erg gezellig en hele mooie kamer, perfect gelegen, vlakbij het centrum. Het was een heerlijk weekend!
- – klein bad, maar wel heel gezellig!
- + On our arrival reception staff were not courteous but over our stay all other staff were more than helpful
- – Check in time for 3pm is ridiculous as we had been travelling since 4am that morning. And even when we came back at 3 we were told our room was not ready. I appreciate that the rooms have to be prepared to a certain standard but it doesn't take until 3 to have all rooms complete. Reception staff should be aware of this. Even though we upgraded to a large double room it was still very small
- + FANTASTIC LOCATION, BEAUTIFUL ROOM AND BATHROOM AND SO CHEAP FOR WHAT YOU GET, WOULD DEFINATELY USE THIS HOTEL EVERY TIME WE GO TO aMSTERDAM!!
- – THE BAR DRINKS AND ROOM SERVIVE WERE A BIT OVER PRICED FOR SUCH A CHEAP HOTLE
- + super service, chic, cheap and fashionable place to stay
- – doors slam all the time and the corridor is constantly noisey with doors slamming
- + Very comfortable, excellent service, great location and value for money.
- – Slightly smaller room then expected.
- + alleen maar pluspunten!!!We hebben genoten van ons verblijf en komen zeer zeker terug.
- + Very good service and excellent staff.
- + The room was beautifully furnished, the staff were pleasant and I would tell all my friends and family to use this hotel on visits to Amsterdam.
- – The door to the hotel, which is locked after hours has a bell which takes ages to work. I was stood outside for over a half an hour in the freezing rain before the night porter let me in.
- + Very friendly staff. Excellent decor.
- – Slow elevator. Walls were too thin -- could hear couple next door talking.
- + Simpathy and kindness of everybody at the hotel! Very well located.
- + The staff is so friendly at this hotel. The decor of the hotel is great! The patio in the main building is really neat. It's a five or ten min. walk to these places: Leidseplein, Vondel Park, Van Gogh Museum, the street with all of the fancy shops - like Cartier and Gucci.
- – Amsterdam is an old city, but that's what is so charming about it. Sound travels easily in old buildings, our only complaint was that it could be a bit noisy. Just mind your voices and don't slam doors and that could eliminate the noise problem (which really isn't that bad).
- + There was a problem with room availability as a result of maintenance. The problem was dealt with in a superb and efficient way. The service we received was truly excellent.
- – None.
- + VERY STYLISH, NICE DESIGN VERY GOOD LOCATION
- – EXTREMELY SMALL ROOMS VERY EXPENSIVE CONSIDERED THE SIZE OF THE ROOMS AND THE SERVICE
- + Decor was very cool. Good lighting. Good location. Helpful and enthusiastic staff.
- – The shower did not drain well in our room, sometimes spilling through to the carpet outside the bathroom and there was a drainage odour as a consequence.
- + Design, breakfast
- – Room cleaning
- + The hotel is trendy! The staff very friendly and cooperative. The location is excellent!
- – When fellow guest walk in the passage or entering or exiting the elevator you can hear it. The room was very warm even during december. The heater was not switched on at all and still it was quite warm. I don't want to know how it will be during the summer months!
- + E' in un buon punto di Amsterdam vicino a tutto. La strada che da sulle camere è molto silenziosa. E' molto pulito.
- – le camere non sono molto grandi, ma per pochi giorni vanno benissimo!!!!!
- + all employees were very hospitable.
- + Fantastic location, friendly bar & reception staff
- – Rooms were quite dark and paint work was chippe in hallways
- + It Was a great vacation place; We loved the staff , the location, the cozy warm room, and will be back for sure
- + Confortable , nice decoration, and very good location
- + Good location, pretty street. Generally clean, nice toiletries. Best point: all staff helpful and friendly.
- – Tiny room (barely big enough to contain bed). Suggest if individual room w/o supplement depends on using this room, put in single bed. Noise from street, corridor and stairs. Teakettle didn't work, two requests to get it fixed or replaced, teacup half washed.
- + The ambiance is very good, the rooms are clean and the bathroom is top. I really loved it for not being a standard **** class hotel but more my second living room. I will return.
- – Door to bathroom could not fully open (minor detail).
- + Reception Staff Xmas decoratrions Bar
- + Service, location, the room itself, modern and nice. Will book a room there next time I am in Amsterdam for sure!
- – rooms was not clean perfectly but it nothing special
- + Excellent friendly service, in both Dutch & English. Quite location. Great room.
- – Breakfast was too expesive.
- + Good location & extremely friendly, helpful staff.
- – Access to rooms was quite restricted, especially with heavy cases to move around.
- + Location was good.
- – Even though I had booked a double room with bath it was a very small room with barely enough space to squeeze past the bed. I dread to think what the small double rooms are like or the single rooms, or what it would have been like with two people in the room. I avoided the overpriced breakfast.
- + Fortunately I get a better and really a nice one after objection...
- – Although I reserved the most expensive room type in the hotel, I received a room in the basement without even a window (an executive room !) ...
- + charm...
- – some noise in the early morning
- – Bathroom Still Had Hair from previous occupant. Bathroom Basin Cracked.
- + The staff were really friendly and helpful. Vondel is my new favourite hotel in Amsterdam.
- – The rooom was cold when we arrived and even when they turned on the radiators they had to give us an electric heater.
- – your proposition for this new hotel room was not a good idea, not finished, jacuzzi not working, small room with lot's of "bricolage", really not happy regarding our previous stay. We decided not to come anymore. Expensive also, mainly breakfast lunch.
- + Good location.
- – If staying on the lower florr it is very very noisy. PLus the cleaners walk into your room without knocking which can be quite embarrassing!
- + Nice confort, good service and location and nice atmosphere.... The personel were friendly
- – NO
- + Nice Ambience, cool interior design, friendly staff
- + Freindly and helpful staff, excellent decor throughout.
- – Room 401 was c lose to the lift which woke us up on numerous occasions. There was a bad smell in the bathroom (Bad drain smell which was odd on the 4th floor.)
- + interiour
- – Room on bottom floor at the street side
- + Design of main hall, breakfast room and individual rooms is nice and artistic.
- – Not all newly-designed features are practical: No rack for used, wet towel; not easy to brush teeth at designer wash-basin (try yourself). No coat-hook in room, pieces hanging in wardrobe hang into minibar tray.
- + Situation géographique parfaite
- – Propreté de la chambre non conforme pour un 4 étoiles. Amabilité du personnel laisse à désirer
- + excellent service , my favorite was the way is hotel designed( internall decoration ) . definitly we will be guests again . thanks
- – can't find any minus points we were pleased with service
- + Hotel room was lovely and spacious and extremely comfortable.
- – I was quoted as having the buffet breakfast as part of my stay, and when I went down to get it I was refused it....not happy. My room was right next door to the elevator which is extremely noisy. I also got rudely interrupted in the morning by housekeeping who ignored my 'Do not disturb' sign. Again, not happy.
- – My room was very noisy (below the reception...)
- + Great lounge
- – I think for the price breakfast should be included.
- + Lovely, comfortable rooms - convenient location - friendly staff.
- – room service food was not very good.
- + The interior design.
- – The breakfast is too expensive considering the fact that in any case we are not used to eat a big quantity of food.
- – A girl in the front desk tried to convince us to go to another hotel nearby because it was better. This attitude scared us.
- + The room was nice and cosy and clean and the staff were helpful.
- – it seemed a bit disorganised and we were nervous leaving our luggage for them to look after as they didn't have a system of checking it in and out and lost the cases belonging to another guest. We booked a double room but there were 2 single beds pushed together. When we've had this in other hotels, they've at least used a double sheet and double duvet so it feels like a double bed. Also, the cleaners were crashing about and slamming doors from 8 in the morning which is not condusive to a nice relaxing lie in when you're there for a relaxing weekend. Breakfast was also just about warm and the boiled eggs were hard boiled with grey yolks so we onnly had it the once.
- + None that stick out in my mind.
- – Free wireless connection not available in rooms. Rooms extremely small and outdated. Bathroom shower small and no bath. Phone charges for local calls.
- + Car service to airport is a good deal. Offer a car service for pick up. The staff is knowledgeable and courteous. Location is great.
- – Charging 22 euros for internet (24 hours at a time) is ridiculous. Charge by the hour, or, here is an idea, since you charge a lot of money for the rooms already, include it free in each room. The connection is already there! Rooms were clean, but very small. Breakfast should be included at the prices charged by the hotel.
- + Your bar manager/staff were more than helpful and we managed to get the provisions for our room through them. They were very friendly and helpful and we could not have asked them to do more. Thank you very much.
- – The replenishing of our "English" teabags and provisions in our room was the only down side to our stay and that is why I have put service as 5.
- – - you can't close the douche cabine resulting in a lot of water on the floor - if you really will ask euro 439 a night you better can put in shaving stuff etc. - you can't ask eur 439 for such a lousy entrance/elevator etc.
- + Stayed at this hotel first time about 10 years ago and it was a quaint European-style hotel -- they renovated recently and it is now even better with modern decor, high speed internet and flat screen tv in room. Also the bathrooms were upgraded and the windows open so fresh air is ample.
- – For some people lack of airco might be a negative but large standing fan was supplied in the room.
- + Complementary drink, location, outside bar was beautiful, staff were very atentive.
- – Even though there was a fan in the room - air con might have been nice!
- + Really love my room and the hotel,thought it to be fantastic value.
- – the breakfast staff were very unhelpful and patronising, thought it below them to be serving, this ruined an almost perfect stay at the Vondel.
- + location and nice design objects in the lobby and our room
- – conditions of the building: one window was broken, couldn't close, plus an evident leak in the bathroom, the elevator was out of order.
- + Woderful location. Friendly staff.Incredible style and decoration, a joy to the senses! Lovely breakfast buffet.
- – Smallish rooms, no place to dine properly in the room except the bed. The elevator broke twice during our stay.
- + Design aesthetic, location, lovely staff, super breakfast, peace and quiet - I really enjoyed my stay and would return again in a heartbeat. Attention to detail was great e.g. voucher for drink at the bar made me feel welcome.
- – The room was very beautiful but also very small. I wonder whether the designer aesthetic may have got in the way of practicality. E.g. there was nowhere big enough to put down and open my (modestly sized) suitcase - only for a carry-on bag. Bigger persons would have found this room a real challenge. Also, in the bathroom, the shelf was poorly positioned over the basin. However, this guest was very happy overall - loved the design and therefore prepared to trade off some practicality :-)
- + We got engaged in your hotel!!
- – We specifically asked for a double bed and didn't get one. We had two single beds joined together. We found that the noise from the other rooms was clearly audiable and this, along with the building works disturbed our sleep more than once.
- + The reception and the bar in the main building are very nice and you are sure to be in a fashionable hotel just before getting in your disgraceful room. far away from where it pretends to be!!!!!
- – what a shame paying this price for a room like this whith a fantastic view on a garage, and a scaffolding in an external building where you couln't expect any services, and whith a cleaning service from 8'am as noisy as if they were in the room.
- + Location, design, quantity of services
- – Room service does not correspond to a 4 star hotel, maybe a 2 star Cleaning service(they did not clean my room every day. We stayed for six nights, and they only did the room 3 times. Evenmore, the room wasn´t even clean enough at the first place...
- + Great location, quiet street near the centre and the Rijksmuseum. Friendly helpful service. Room was bright and cheerful. Furnishings are modern rather than plush.
- + Excellent service and very comfortable bed and bedding. Very nice hotel.
- – Very small room Drainage gutter in adjoing building was clogged, leading to stagnant water where mosquitoes were breeding.
- + Great decor, fabulous outdoor garden area. Lovely bar man.
- – No tea coffee facilities in room. Was told that there would be an ipod speaker in our room and there was none available. Didn't receive welcome letter and drink vouchers like our friends in the other room did.
- + a very friendly attitude of the staff
- – a little bit disagreeable odour from the toilet
- + Excellent location and very friendly, helpful staff
- – The room was very small compared to how it was depicted on the web site. There was some refurbishment going on and our room had not yet been done. Over priced for the size of room.
- + friendly staff
- – 6 euro a pint
- + It was quiet and room itself was nice. Reception staff friendly enough. Hotel was nice but there were def no extras- would return again just for the location.
- – We had a leaking tap which was never really fixed. Workmen came to fix it and bathroom was left a disgrace, there was even blood on the floor. There was no food available in the hotel during our stay not even a toastie we were told.
- – there was re-decorating going on outside our room,this did not impact greatly on our stay but we had to be wary of wet paint etc
- + Excellent service by one (male) staff. Location is very good also.
- – Beds were old and not comfortable for an older couple with back problems.
- + We enjoyed our stay in your hotel, we found it comfortable.
- – Our room was not as big as we thought it was going to be, the brochure made it look bigger.
- + The location was really the plus point: really near to Leidesplein.
- – Concerning the rate 5 I gave to "Comfort", it is why the room was too small. We hardly could open our luggages!!!
- – The room was very small and there was no storage space for our clothes - not even a hook on the door. The plumbing was poor and we had to report several faults.
- + great location and cool garden helpful staff
- – smaall rooms no air con
- + Memorable hotel experience.
- – My accommodation room has been on the floor where renovation has been in progress e.g. to noisy, to dusty at the entrance, etc.
- + Very clean, good size rooms, comfy. Much improved appearance over 2005. Service is good but not excellent.
- – Elevator is the second house that belongs is very small. Very ackward to get in with luggage. Also the hotel doesn't have a ramp to get with luggage up to the front desk without lifting it up the stairs. Again, minor but so easily fixed. Need to increase the size of the luggage room. It was full again just like last year and our luggage was sitting in the open by the front desk for 3 hours. I thought that we were overcharged by the taxi that brought us to the airport and booked through and by the hotel (42.oo euros)
- – stairs very steep. lift small.
- + Location was excellent. The staff were very customer focused and the facility was well run.
- – The room was hot most of the time. Could use Air Conditioning. The fan was a must.
- + "Lovely hotel"
- – Very small room for the kids. Prices of the breakfast unclear for kids.
- + Very clean and the service was good
- – Room was small.
- – Oppressive decor. Looks stylish but in reality decor is cheap and majorly black.
- + People are friendly and understanding
- – Room was not satisfactoty at all No air conditioning
- – It was that hot july time when I stayed in Vondel Hotel. Minibar in my room was out of order all the time and none of the hotel personal could fix it, but every morning they come to check wether I drink/eat something from it. And big minus is that there is no airconditioning.
- + The location. The breakfast was good. The garden is nice.
- – The rooms are very small. For this rate we have payed, we expected a bigger room. It also was very loud.
- + Great looking hotel!
- – The employers were to slow. Really nice and friendly, but the service was too slow.
- + Spacious room.
- – Small TV couldn't be turned towards the bed!
- + lovely receptionist, helpful staff and great location.
- – the hotel needs air conditioning and so the room was uncomfortably hot without it.
- + Very nice Hotel overall. Good location and very well presented. Service was good although a couple of slip ups with security card not working and the reaction I got from reception when I said something about the heat, but overall we were glad we selected this Hotel.
- – The evening we stayed at the Hotel there was a heat wave through all of Holland. I think the temp. overnight stayed up around 28 or 30 degrees C. We are from Australia and are used to the heat but with no Air Con in the Hotel I managed 1 hours sleep and was very disappointed because I expected to be able to get a good nights sleep. No air circulation or Air Con made it very uncomfortable.
- + very good location, nicely furnished
- – small rooms, no air-conditioning, modest breakfast
- + Very nice garden terrace. Rooms where big and decorated with class.
- – No airconditioning. Some renovations still going on in the garden (my window was on the ground floor so I had to leave the curtains closed)
- + Good location. Nice communal areas.
- – VERY noisy - was under the dining room and people thudding up and down at breakfast time made my stay uncomfortable. Garden was closed for a private function thus robbing us of one of the selling points of this hotel. Mirror in bathroom was too low - you had to sit on the toilet to see into it. Room very dark and small. All in all - hotel looks good but is a case of style over substance.
- + Nice hotel. Clean, comfortable room. Excellent location. Quiet but close to Leidseplein. Very helpful staff. I had some train booking problems and the hotel staff went online with me to book the train. In every way the hotel staff was wonderful.
- – We were on street level and would have chosen differently to be on an upper floor.
- + Excellent location, stylish/modern interiors. Would recommend or use myself again.
- – Our rooms were not in the actual hotel but in a secure seperate appartment block a couple of doors down from the hotel. This wasn't mentioned when booking. The entire block was also being decorated, which is understandable, but was very noisey in the mornings.
- + Location.
- – We were moved to a hotel nearby, not the chic hotel we booked. Very small'executive' room. The lift stuck regularly. Laundry bins blocked the front door. A broken bedside light bulb, not changed. Mini bar items on our bill. Very unhappy.
- + Small but comfortable rooms. Very fairly priced. Location was close enough to the action but far enough away to be nice and quiet, for Amsterdam!