- Calificación: 7.8 / 10 Calificación de 13 evaluaciones
Todas las evaluaciones han sido introducidas por huéspedes después de estancia en el hotel Singel Hotel Amsterdam.
Comfortable, convenient hotel
- + Singel hotel is very well situated - a short walking distance from Central station and close to main tourist attractions in Amsterdam. It is, however, in a relatively quiet neighbourhood. Reception staff were invariably polite and helpful, speaking excellent english. Good, simple to operate, walk-in shower.
- – We were surprised to have to pay upfront on arrival. Decor in room was beginning to show signs of wear, with scuff marks on the walls.
Rude staff, poor accomodations, not worth it by any means
- + Good location.
- – Incredibly rude staff. They wanted to give me a smoking room without telling me upon arrival. When I told them the man at the counter gave me the worst room in the hotel, at the entrance level, next to the breakfast room claiming they did not have anything else. It was incredibly noisy, you could hear every single conversation in the hall, the noisy elevator and the radio of the overnight counter staff at 1:30 am. There is no air conditioning, a sauna in hot days. Breakfast room tiny, etc. etc.
- * mi sugerencia Do not go.
- + the location
- – noisy from out side [ streat ]
- * mi sugerencia no
- + Good location. Nice staff, very helpful.
- – Room was VERY small. Towels were old and torn. Heating made terrible noise. Walls are very thin.
- * mi sugerencia Better stay at a hostel. Less money, same value.
Small room located in central part of Amsterdam
- + Location in centre of Amsterdam, clean room
- – small bathroom
Small family hotel with excellent location
- + Very good location. Friendly and very helpfull staff.
- + It was nice when the gentlemen at the front desk was looked up train times for us. Going the extra mile for the customer is always a plus. I like the late check out as well.
- – Room was a lot smaller than I thought it would be. No tea making facilities!
Amazing comfy location with great service incl. breakfast
- + location, service, view from the window, the breakfast
- – there was nothing we were not satisfied with
- + Greal Location.
- – Building work was going on (maybe should have mentioned this when booking)
Perfect hotel, perfect location
- + I have nothing bad to say about this hotel! I definitely recommend it for everyone.
Can't wait to go there again!
- + The beds were very comfortable and very clean. The staff were very helpful and polite. The location is absolutely gorgeous and perfect as it is very central but far away enough to be a quiet sanctuary from the hustle and bustle 5 minutes down the pretty little streets. Also, it is a very modern looking hotel.
- – Breakfast was nice but no cooked food apart from boiled eggs.
- – insecure basement room windows. noise from reception.
Good location but don't expect any luxury.
- + Reasonably close to centre of town.
- – Very basic, room was clean but drab. Breakfast very average and no facilities in room.
- + Location, breakfast and staff!
- – Price and room size.
- + Location, friendly, free internet and price
- – Small bedroom, very small bathroom and uncomfortable bed /pillow.
Mellow hotel on beautiful canal.
- + Very close to Centraal Station. Nice canal view. Comfortable beds, filling breakfast. Quiet. The staff were friendly and helpful.
- – None.
Disturbed in sleep by early morning Lutherans
- + Close to tram stops.
- – Early morning Lutherans reworking the exterior walls.
A handy place overlooking the canal
- + Very handy to places of interest
- – a little grubby in places
Pleasant hotel at a central location
- + Free and good working internet; friendly service; good location; silent
- – Fairly small room; breakfast room and some rooms below street level, although clean and friendly
- + Good location, frendly stuff.
- – Very basic breakfest, Small and old rooms. On promised free TV only one chanel works (instead of 4)
budget hotel - good location - small and old
- + location perfect very close to railway Central Station 10-15 minutes walk to city center breakfast ok
- – very small rooms functional but old bathrooms carpet unhygienic room furniture old beds very soft
We had the best service imaginable!
- + the staff were extremely friendly and helpful - a big thank you Also, lovely to receive a leaving present - the neck pillow was most useful on the plane.
- – Our fourth floor room was a smoking one - rather do not put non smokers in there as the smell was quite strong. check first.
I will stay in Singel hotel next time!
Wonderful Stay at Hotel Singel
- + Excellent service and friendly staff!! I truly enjoyed my stay at Hotel Singel and will recommend to my friednds traveling to Amsterdam. I would definatley return to this hotel. A true Dutch breakfast was availible every morning anf the staff is very kind and helpful.
- – none.
- + Excellent, friendly staff that were always very helpful
- – Very small room. No aircon (it was a particularly hot weekend!
- + Breakfast excellent. Location superb. Staff very friendly. Good bargain
- – My room was somewhat stifling but quite large
wheres the air??
- – no air conditioning was very very sad
A well located, friendly and small "character" hotel
- + A smaller hotel with local character and friendly, helpful and efficient staff. We were allocated an excellent second floor room at the front of the hotel overlooking the canal, and this "made" the holiday for us. The location close to Centraal station was also a big plus. We had a great stay.
Contact hotels directly
- + Location
- – There was construction going on from 8am every morning . It would be a great help if that was listed on the site at time of booking .. I dont think ill be using this site again due to lack of usefull info
Our family enjoyed our short stay.
Warm and friendly experience during the whole of our stay
- + A very warm and friendly initial greeting that extended right through the holiday. Excellent location within easy waliking distance from central station and other attractions of Amsterdam centre. Continental style buffet breakfast with good choice of food, eat as much as you like. Finally, our room overlooking the Singel canal provided bonus views of canal life both work and pleasure.
- – Room was compact but comfortable, bathroom small and in need of some attention, we would see this being improved by the current refurbishment activity.
Great hotel close to Central Station
- + Great hotel. Located within walking distance of Central Station. Elevator for access to upper floors. Quiet, comfortable room. Very good breakfast. Staff were VERY friendly and helpful. I would not hesitate to stay here again.
- – NONE
Only a day in Amsterdam
- + Great location, price, service and, especially on my arrival, the male desk clerk was quite helpful in making suggestions and answering my questions. A great welcome for an old lady traveling by herself for the first time in Amsterdam. Should I have a chance to go back SINGEL will be my first choice to stay.
- – As an early to bed early to rise person, the first night I was there, other guests returned noisily--- not really late, but late for me. One group was about midnight, the other (or the same one coming and going) around one. This was quite disturbing.
Excellent location but basic lodging
- + The location is excellent; one can walk to everything in the historic city center. The room was well-maintained and clean.
- – The room and services were quite basic â this is only a problem if one intends to spend a significant amount of time in the room, of course.
- + Kind reception, nice hospitality. 5min walk to the station.
- – No locks for the store room. Didnât had any problem thoughâ¦felt a bit unsecured. The rest was excellent. thanks
Great location and friendly staff
- + Location was very good. Our room looked out onto the canal and was very comfy. The staff were all very helpful. Free safe in the room and breakfast was very reasonable for a continental one.
a right hotel to in if an accident happens
- + Great location,close to central station very easy to find, good land mark next door, very good view from the delux double room through a large picture window looking at the Singel canal, the elevator proved invaluable. My wife broke a bone in her foot on the second night of a four night stay all the above eased the situation. The reception staff could not have been more helpful, they arrange a the hire of a wheel chair, organised a taxi for the airport, helped buying a ticket on the internet to the Van Gogh museum this aided access. We would like to take this opportunity tothank you to all the staff for their help understanding and friendliness to us.
- – non
Excellent downtown location
- + Walking distance to Central station and downtown visit sites, cafés and restaurants, right on the Singel canal. People at the reception very friendly and helpful with recommendations. Room comfortable and very clean. Good selection at breakfast.
- – Room was a bit noisy, we could easily hear everything from the corridor but not from the other rooms.
Nice small hotel with friendly saff.
- + Funny litle budget hotel in the best location for turists.
- – Bit small room, but good for sleeping.
Safe Clean and Friendly
- + friendly, helpful staff, good sized room safe. secure, clean.
- – breakfast a little meagre but good quality
Convenient, quiet, comfort close to Amsterdam Train Station and centre
- + Great Location, 10 minutes from the train station. Good breakfast., friendly service. Quiet Canal side aspect ( January)
- – Small (but well equipped ) shower room
Friendly and comfortable
- + Great breakfast, convenient to train station.
- – Tiny room
will use it again
- – the bathroom is very small. you have to be a skinny person. the shower is old.
Well worth staying at.
- + Great location,pretty canalside location just 10 mins from central station. Excellent breakfast constantly kept topped up, all you could eat! Excellent coffee. Clean, tidy, well kept small hotel. Friendly helpfull staff.
- – Not much to say, only some bedrooms have no view - backing onto other buildings although front rooms are excellent, we had one of each.
Good location, clean comfy and good price
- + Very close to the centraal station! free movies and Wifi!, nice breakfast, plenty of coffee,
- – Not really any for this price point, clean comfy bed and breakfast, wifi for a bit of work, brilliant
I'd stay here again.
- + Good location near station. Everything included (breakfast etc) luggage storage available.
- – "Free" movies arent.
- + Excelleng free wifi
- – Free movies worked one day and not the second day - they ccould not fix and did not try very hard.
Good clean hotel close to central station
- + Great location, very friendly staff, decent breakfast, close to the train station (and therefore easy to get to the airport), historic feel to it
- – no real minus - room was small, but everything is small in Holland...
Varied room quality, average breakfast, good service
- + Good 24 hour service, reasonable price.
- – Stayed in basement room, quite cramped, very hot and stuffy. Breakfast was OK but not great.
Well located hotel with friendly staff
- + Located in a central, but not touristy area, on a canal. Friendly and helpful staff.
- – Nearby restaurants and shops are variable in quality.
Singel Hotel review
- + Very friendly service . Must be about 30 different people working the front desk :) Great location for seeing Amsterdam by foot or public transport. Free PAY-TV .
- – Small rooms with even smaller bathrooms .
The plus points outweigh the minus points!
- + Very friendly and helpful staff. In spite of negative comments below I wouldn't hesitate in staying there again.
- – We stayed for one night on two separate occasions. The first twin room was rather small. Ok for one night but would not like to spend several nights in it. The second room was bigger but unfortunately had no view at all.
- + Very service-minded staff
- – room was hot, poor air quality
Thanks for a very pleasant stay!
- + Very helpful and friendly management, easy atmosphere and nice breakfast. Being situated within walking distance of the main train station and on a canal made the hotel ideal for overnight stays in Amsterdam!
- – Price a bit higher than stated on the booking confirmation.
it was nice :)
- + location and service was very good!
- + Location & helpfull staff
- – Room was small
Central location, helpful staff
- + + Staff friendly & helpful, + location + close to all public transport links
- – - can be noisy if neighbours slam doors shut
Great location and friendly staff!
- + the reception staff are very helpful and polite
- – the rate fopr saturday was VERY expensive! there was a very strong smell of room spray in the hallway and in the room after housekeeping cleaned.
Small but friendly hotel, excellent value and great location
- + Lovely friendly staff, great location, good value
- – Tiny bed, towels not changed
Great location - quirky accomodations
- + Great location, friendly staff, good breakfast.
- – Free movies did not work - staff was unable to resolve, even though stay was for three nights. Room not cleaned after first night, but cleaned after second night. Bathroom awkward - had to step over toilet to get to shower, but expect quirkiness in older, renovated buildings. I have stayed in many hotels in Amsterdam. This one seemed slightly expensive for the quality of the accomodations.
Terrific for convenience, but room is sparsely furnished.
- + Friendly staff
- – Tulip bulbs that I was given did not go through American customs, unfortunately. You need to give certified ones.
- + Free Wi-fi, breakfast included.
- – N/A
Very nice time in that hotel. I will recomend it.
- + Very nice and friendly service
- – Shower small
28 Nov stay
small but beautiful
- + Near Central Station around 5 min walk. Location very good.
- – 1. The room has bad smell due to uncompartmental of smoking/unsmoking room. 2. WiFi signal too weak. (Room 40)
A comfortable stay.
- + Staff extremely helpful with suggestions on Amsterdam. Also checked our airline departure times for us.
- – Room a bit tight for space, but adequate.
Singel Hotel Amsterdam - Excellent
- + Location near train station, free movies and internet.
- – None.
Fully satisfied with my stay
- + - Friendly staff - Free wifi in the room - Great location, not too far from central station - Breakfast included in the price! - Open 24/24h
- – - Rooms are not really soundproofing - Basic breakfast
Good, ideally located inexpensive hotel
- + Ideal location, close to Central railway station and cruise ship piers. Fronts onto Singel Canal. Good breakfast. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
- – Room was small but that is to be expected of Amsterdam hotels situated in old, canal side buildings.
Good location, great service - you can find all in Singel Hotel!!
great location and staff
- + very friendly staff and great breakfast
- – Stain on the carpet and a little noisy, it is in the heart of the city so the noise is understandable.
Great location but tiny room
- + Excellent location-five minutes from Central Train station and walking distance to most major points of interest in Amsterdam. The evening desk person was friendly and very helpful with maps and information about Amsterdam. Reasonable breakfast.
- – The room I had was one of the better ones and it was tiny and had seen some hard use (It was perfectly clean). For this much money, I would like considerably more hotel.
- + We were in Amsterdam about a one week training course. We were very satisfied with Singel Hotel. It's very close to central station which was so important for us to commute easily fast on every day. The breakfast was so good, rooms were so clean and the crew was so patient and helpful. Thanks for all!
- + Excellent location with friendly staff. The rooms are very small, but clean with immaculate bedding. Although a bit cramped, it represents quite good value for money. The free internet access is very welcome.
- – Access from the street is not for the unfit or frail! The bathroom is very "compact" and would not suit all people. However, if you want a good value hotel with friendly staff and an excellent location then give it a go.
- + Clean, friendly & close to station and shops. All good.
- + The cable was free, we had stayed at a 4 star in Italy before going to Amsterdam, and they charged 20 euros per movie. Where the hotel is located its within a 5-10 minute walk to the Dam, the Red Light District and a 5 minute tram ride downtown. The hotel was great. For those like my boyfriend, there are plenty of places around the hotel to try different buds.
- – I really have no negatives, yes the rooms are small but thats expected of Europe.
- + location,great view of canal in triple room
- – gentelment at front desk rude,ladies ok,nice.No acceptance of responsability in storage of bags,which located at phone booth,no change in breakfast,run down carpets at entrance
- + The staff were pleasant and helpful, the bed linen was of good quality and clean, central location
- – The room was too small for 3 people, the decor was shabby and the bathroom tiny and shabby. Overall it was poor value for money compared with similarly priced hotels and we ewxpected better quality accommodation
- + Great location. Very helpful staff. Rooms were very clean and great fresh selection for breakfast.
- – Room was on the small side for three people.
- + Breakfast was pretty decent.
- – Requested single room with canal view but was told "we can't promise." Should have said mostly likely cannot do it or not possible if it's not available.
- + very quiet location yet local to much of the centrum area folks at front desk were very nice and helpful breakfast, not offered at most hotels, was very good and thorough
- – single room toilet shower in same little area, was a bit discomforting but typical for Netherlands I suppose
- + Heel vriendelijk onthaal, vriendelijk personeel. alles heel proper. kamers ruim voldoende om te verblijven tijdens een vakantie-citytrip.
- – geen eigen parkeerplaats van het hotel. maar dat zal wel al vaker gezegd zijn
- + The hotel is in a fantastic location in Amsterdam. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and tidy on arrival.
- – The room was a little dated and needed some renovation. The room was tiny. The price was very expensive for what you got.
- + Great location, a small walk from Central Station but off on a side street. Helpful friendly staff. Wifi.
- – Small, no frills affair. Extremely cramped, even by typical Amsterdam standards. Not the most soundproofed.
- + A very sentral location. Very serviceminded!
- – A very small bathroom.
- + Clean & quaint. Non-smoking room was exaactly that - no smell of previous smokers. Excellent location on a quiet street within easy walking distance of the city center and Centraal Station. Great hotel for the price.
- – Small room and bath typical of old canal houses converted to hotels. Bath, especially shower, was tiny; shower got most of the bathroom floor wet.
- + VERY close to the major city's attractions
- – VERY small room
- + The location is nice and right in the central part of Amsterdam. In spite of the location there vere no noice from the street. The hotel staff was professional, polite and very serviceminded. We would very much like to stay at this hotel again next we are visiting Amsterdam.
- + location is central. personnel friendly.
- – The room is very small. Still, the heating could not warm the room. Structure of the bathroom is old and not very comfortable. The map was not correct. It was not easy to find the hotel.
- + good location, good view from the rooms.
- – the bathroom was a disgusting mess, there was no actual shower. For the price this hotel was not a good choice I dont think I will stay at your hotel again. I had some friends who stayed at the golden tulip and it was a lot nicer than this hotel.
- – quite a small room for three persons.
- + Location is fantastic. Breakfast met expectations. Staff was friendly.
- – Standard Amsterdam sized room.
- + Good location, easily found from central station, Staff very friendly and helpful.
- – No minus points, we were very happy with our stay at Singel
- + great location,friendly staff, breakfast included in the room price.
- + Staffs are friendly.
- – price is slightly high.
- + cool hotel,my second visit to this hotel,clean,basic and very good value,ideal for all the top coffeeshops on the haarlemmerstraat,shops and red light district also very close, a great wee hotel.
- + Excellently situated hotel, very helpful friendly staff. Will definetly use as a base in Amsterdam again.
- + Very comfortable bedding/pillows. Nice view of canal. Friendly, helpful staff. Location is very close to train station (costs ~4 Euro to airport).
- – Room is small for American standards (but typical of Europe). Double bed is two twins pushed together (but very comfy). Bathroom could have been cleaner, but was not very dirty.
- + Excellent location, friendly staff, good breakfast, cozy room, elevator in the hotel
- + Great Location on the Singel Canal close to attractions and shops. Helpful staff, arranged for a change in room as the first (No.8) was too noisey for me (Located next to kitchen and stairs).
- – A little pricey for the quality but this is the centre of Amsterdam at the end of the day.
- + Friendly staff, good service, top location
- + Well located, you don't get trams shaking the building at all times of night!
- – Tall people will struggle taking a shower in room 30
- + Breakfast - very nice, modern, clean eating area Staff - very friendly and helpful Quiet hotel within walking distance of all the sites.
- – Price v quality: Being a central hotel means you have to pay the premium. Small room, dingy bathroom.
- + The hotel had a great location for me. The room had everything i needed (besides 1 thing. see under) Tv, shower, bathtub and good beds. Very very good service by the staff.
- – no coffee and water boiler in the room.
- + Near the city center. You can easily walk from the hotel to every corner of the city. It is near Central Station, so you could take a train to the airport. People of the hotel are always gentle and kind.
- – Bathroom is very small, and looks very old although it was very clean everyday we stay.
- + location hygiene service
- – none
- + Location in a quiet place close to Amsredam centrum
- – Still a bit expensive for a smaal room with no view.
- + small friendly hotel, close to everything, clean with no frills, nice hotel.
- + Great location. Easy access for travellers, being a short walk from Centraal Station. Good breakfast (my 5 year old twins gorged themselves)
- + - Very good beds - great with 2 pillows. - Very nice staff.
- – - For breakfast it would have been nice with eggs and bacon and some fresh fruit (melon) ect.
- + Very quiet and clean and the neighbourhood is pleasent.
- – no complains
- + Location close to the railway station. Warm welcome.
- – Room was noisy because windows are not "air tight" and windows could not be opened (Room 14)
- + Luggage storage after check-out
- – Outlook of bathroom, lack of air-conditioning, simple breakfast
- + We were pleasantly surprised with the room, good size, big airy windows and view over the Singel Canal. The bathroom was also quite roomy. Would definitely stay there again.
- – The entrance is in the basement and on first impression is a bit dingy which then makes you wonder what the rest of the hotel is like.....
- + Location, friendly staff,
- – Room below ground level was too warm inside
- + Staff are very friendly and the location is great.
- – On booking, I would definitely suggest requesting NOT to have room 7. You are basically in the cupboard under the stairs with hardly enough room for the double bed. It has a tiny window.
- + Very Friendly and helpful staff. Would very much recommend this hotel to anyone. Location is very good.
- – The room is much too small (the bathroom, the bed, the window as well)
- – Central location & friendly staff.
- + Location is great.
- – Too expensive for the quality of rooms. Bed was comfortable but the bathroom was moldy and in need of a good scrubbing.
- + All staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was very good for us - close to the central station and restaurants.
- – The room we were allocated was too small for 4 nights - other rooms on the same floor were larger as far as we could see. We have think that to book single beds in future might help us to get a larger room.
- + All sights within walking distance. Nice location by the canal. Good value and location for money
- – Small rooms. View from room went directly into a brick wall
- + We had a very good stay at the Singel Hotel. We would happily stay there again.
- – I really missed s chest of drawers for my clothes. I would work better than the desk in our room. The shower without a shower pan to catch the water is not comfortable.
- + The location was exceptional and we had a triple room with a canal view - it was fantastic being able to sit and watch boats go by.
- – No tea or coffee making facilities or bar fridge, but this is Amsterdam.
- + Nice staff!
- + Great location, easy to find, and close to all the transport links. The staff were very friendly and I very much enjoyed my short stay.
- – The room was quite small. Not a problem in this case as I was travelling on my own, but I'm not sure about travelling with the family
- – small room, without view for the chanel
- + Friendly staff. And I was very glad having my morning coffee in a separate coffee pot, fresh and good.
- – A little bit small room, but very cosy. And warm too, because it was very cold outside.
- + The hotel was clean and quiet. The breakfast was very good.
- – The receptionist kept complaining me she almost sold our room bec. the credit card # did not appear. I sent it in with the reservation. I told her we had a very long queue at the passport line and we took the train in the wrong direction. She ran to the elevator to yell at my husband and son for not putting thier chairs back under the counter. An unpleasant start to our stay. She was unpleasant when I asked about places to eat.
- + very friendly, and helpful with any queries beds were very comfy and clean great view from the room
- – a little noisy due to thin walls and a pipe in the room
- + Very good location.
- – The smell in the room was bad. Bath room should have bide or atleast "flexible" shower.
- + clean, comfortable, warm, ideal location - easy walking distance from all attractions and station
- – room was very small but we did ask for a view and front rooms are smaller, lack of shelf space in bathroom
- – Price qouted was exhorbant, Â¤900+ for 3 double rooms for 2 nights. Should have had our booking quote available. breakfast price was automatically included.
- + Great Service, Clean room and nice breakfast for a fabulous price. The staff were all very friendly and helpful especially since I was traveling alone.
- + Value For My Money - Exactly What I Required For A Short Stay In Amsterdam. I Would Book Here Again.
- – No Minus Points.
- + The staff were very helpful issued us a local map and marked out places of interest. We were able to store our luggage there as our flight was later than check out The breakfast was simple but good quality and the staff willing to help
- – There was a leak in the radiator which means it was switched off when we arrived. When we turned it on it dripped water on the carpet and wet the suitcase. We reported it but suspect they already knew and it would be there for the next party.
- + Great Breakfast Selection Very pleasant staff
- + Above all, location. Plus also for helpful staff and, for the price, a nice breakfast.
- – Double room had two single beds instead of one kingsize, that meant that the beds slid apart during night.
- + Cleanliness very good. Service and friendliness from staff at the front desk very good. Would recommend this hotel when you're looking for value for money in the center of Amsterdam.
- – Small room, facilities a bit dated.
- + have stayed in quite a few hotels in amsterdam and for the money this one is brill
- – none
- + superb location, clean, nivce breakfast, comfortble beds...all in all one of theif not the best hotel i have used in the dam!
- – no minus points at all!...if there was they were to minor to even notice!...great hotel
- + Location excellent and staff friendly and always willing to give advice on tourist/site seeing information.
- – No kettle in room. At breakfast there is only one two slice toaster for all guests to use and even though there are numerous requests for more toasters in the Hotel's comments book, they do not appear to be resolving the issue.
- + staff is real nice and the breakfast is nice .. i will stay there again thanx 4 everything colin
- + Location is great! Staff is friendly, breakfast is good. Rooms are a bit small, but I think this is common for Amsterdam. Would go there again.
- – none
- + Friendly staff, great breakfast and close to centraal station and great restaurants.
- + very helpful front desk who were eager to give advice about city. comfortable beds and warm room. decent breakfast. great, quiet but convenient location.
- – too expensive for the size of the room. small room. shower had musty odor and curtain. could hear noise from other rooms through door and smell smoke.
- + friendly staff, lovely rooms and good price
- – no tea and coffee in the room.
- + the location is very good for people who want discovering Amsterdam from their hotel
- – twin room instead of double room....for me, a big bed is essential!
- + location,
- – small rooms,could be cleaner,lack of breakfast variety,some staff not very pleasant
- + Very nice staff, definately made you feel welcome.
- + a shelf in the bathroom would have been nice,to put my toiletries on.
- – very nice hotel in a very good central position. i am sure we will visit the hotel again and will reccomend it to my friends and family.
- + free breakfast was a nice touch and it wasnt just bread and butter. Nice staff, and nice little hotel, makes you feel at home.
- + The room was spotless, the breakfast buffet excellent, and staff were very friendly and helpful.
- – The room was very basic and not what I expected after seeing the photos on the website. There was no double bed, just 2 singles pushed together.
- + 5 - 10 minute walk to Central Station and many tram lines. Clean. Pleasant staff. Good sized elevator for large luggage. Our room faced the canal, lovely view. Brdeakfast included in price.
- – Room became small after adding extra bed for child, but we only slept in room so this was not a concern. Removing table would have added walking space. Very close to Red Light District, in fact 3 or 4 "ladies" less than one block on Singel. This could be uncomfortable if traveling with children. We told out 10 year old that they were live lingere models. Learned quickly to circimvent the area.
- + Great location, comfortable bed...
- – PISSED OFF!!! I was not briefed by the desk manager on the Pay-TV which cost be Euro15 by the end of my stay. I believe that i have been 'short changed'. I would definitely pay for it if this has been clearly briefed to me.
- + Character hotel
- + Friendly staff, great location, very helpful.
- + Cleaned and in a very good position (near to station and Dam square)
- – The price was to high for the hotel level. I booked only because all other hotels were booked out
- – Great location and good service, but the room was the equivalent of a jail house cell. As a matter of fact, after a night of partying in Miami Florida, I had the pleasure of staying in a Miami jail over night. The city of Miami jail cell was better than this motel. Don’t waste your money on this dump that was advertised as a 3 star hotel it is a 1 star at best.
- + Friendly and helpful staff. Close to the parts of Amsterdam we wanted to visit. Very close to Central Station.
- – Bathroom was a bit small and basic
- + Location, professional service, good roomservice, good design
- – Mouses? , expensive restaurant, poorley equiped bathroom, shoeshine machine?
- + Very good breakfast. Room 26 had a nice view of the canal and a bathtub.
- – Very few non-smoking rooms - didn't manage to get one so suffered from cigarrette smoke coming from the corridor. Room 32 was tiny and dark with no view - very small window.
- + friendly staff
- – the room smelt, was small and for its size and facilties was overpriced. Breakfast poor with stale bread
- + Staff are very friendly and helpful. It was also the most comfortable hotel bed ever - pillows are FANTASTIC! Very clean and lots of lovely hot water.
- + Great staff, very friendly and helpfull for the questions we had. Good location for the train and other site seeing activities.
- – Night clerk was quite rude and unpleasent, not like all the other staff.
- + + Good breakfast included in the price + Helpful staff with good English skills + Located near Central Station + Safebox in the room
- – - Sounds of traffic, maybe better insulation on windows?
- + Location is fantastic, but that's about all the hotel has going for it.
- – Unhelpful manager/owner; no tea and coffee in room yet despite saying they were happy to make a tray of coffee at any time, they clearly were unhappy to do so-it was a "nuisance" to them. The hotel stank of dope the entire time of our stay.Constantly ran out of food at breakfast.
- + Great Location. Excellent service, staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast also very good.
- – Room quite small. Bathroom even smaller. Bathroom quite old and needs to be redone. A shower tray or bath would have been better than the wet floor style at present.
- + The personnel was great, very friendly and helpful. Thanks, I had a good time!
- + Nothing but praise for the Singel and it's staff! They are friendly, effecient and always willing to help.
- + Decent breakfast buffet; great location.
- – Basement room-- very dark, very small.
- + My sister, brother in law and myself stayed at the Singel Hotel for two nights in August 2006 - over the unexpected heat wave throughout Europe. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Singel Hotel, and I will recommend it to anyone who travels there. The staff were VERY pleasant, the location perfect (a walk from the Station), and a leisurely walk from all the hotspots in Amsterdam. Being on a canal was also nice! The room (in the attic) was clean and adequately big enough for us three South Africans, altho we should have asked for a fan, as there wasn't much breeze during those hot days. The breakfast was a lovely spread of cereals, cold meats, and pastries - a great start to the day.
- – There were no minus points, niggles or complaints WHATSOEVER!
- + Outstanding reception, great breakfast, friendly and helpful. This far outweighs the heat.
- – It's not the hotel's fault, but we were there in a heat wave, and having a room on the third floor was very very uncomfortable. No fan, no air conditioning (which we understand is not common in Amsterdam)and the third floor make for a sleepless night.
- + friendly and extremely helpful staff who assisted with all our enquiries with a smile and pleasant nature. Would certainly visit again.
- – Very small rooms, but comfortable.
- + Friendly & informed staff. All amenities operated well. Good value for money.
- – Room was small, but that is Europe.
- + The hospitality of the staff was amazing. They went above and beyond to help us with anything we wanted to know about or do. Very helpful, good breakfast, we enjoyed our stay.
- – When we were there it was a little warm, no air in the rooms but the window did open.
- + The hotel was in an excellent location and all staff were pleasant and extremely helpful.
- – Bathroom could be updated.
- + Staff was helpful, giving us a fan but could not change rooms as they were fully booked and since we had to prepay online we had no alternative but to stay the night.
- – Room was advertised as a triple--in truth it was hardly large enough for 2 people with a third bed wedged in along the window so that it could not be opened. It was front facing on the street and getting full sun at end of the day so it was very hot! We only had one night thankfully but we were charged way too much for what we got.
- + Friendly staff, Adequate breakfast, comfortable room in a good location not too far from attractions.
- – Weather was unseasonally warm, therefore, our room, which was in the attic, was very hot with no air conditioning.
- + Good location, peaceful.
- + nice hotel in an excellant position for everything.
- + Great location for a reasonable price.
- + room was very clean and had a decent view of the canal.
- – rooms were cramped.
- + What a fantastic location!!!(right beside the Singel Canal)and extremely friendly staff too. We had a double room overlooking the canal, absolutely beautiful!!! I would highly recommend this hotel for both its price and its fantastic location.
- – The only minus point about this hotel is that the decor could be slightly more modern.
- + Close to the station and a great bakery I discovered! Staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was tasty. Room was clean. Price was good. When I had a small problem with the toilet, the staff fixed it immediately even though it was late on Sunday evening. I will definitely return next year.
- + Nice people on front desk. Reasonable breakfast
- – Room was very basic and not attactively furnished
- + the breakfast and service were fine,it was such a shame to be cold
- – it was very very cold in the room we were frozen we could not get warm even in bed the covers weren't heavy or thick enough,we wouldnever stay there in the winter again ,we think it was being refurbished and our room was right on the front
- + Excellent breakfast, perfect location, very kindly staff.
- – Very small bathroom.
- + Very friendly staff. Staff and location are the reasons I choose the Singel.
- – Single beds a little bit small.
- + good location near Central Station
- – some hallway noise from late night partiers returning disturbed my sleep for two nights - could hear doors opening and closing , talking etc.
- + Breakfast
- – I could not sleep one night due to extreme noise in a low level room, from 2am till 4 am. The staff did almost nothing, even after I've alerted 3 times!!!
- + Very friendly and polite personnel
- + klein en persoonlijk hotel, goede uitvalsbasis voor de stad. uitstekende service.
- – bed niet geweldig
- + Zentrale, aber sehr ruhige Lage. Nahe am Bahnhof, angenehme Wohngegend ohne Cofeeshops und Rotlichtviertel. Super Blick auf den Kanal.
- – Zimmer klein, aber das ist für Amsterdam üblich. Ein Sessel weniger wäre auch ok und hätte mehr Bewegungsfreiheit gebracht. Heizung im Winter schwer zu regulieren, daher Zimmer tendentiell überheizt.
- * mi sugerencia Wegen des guten Essens fährt niemand nach Amsterdam.
Geweldig, schoon, Amsterdams hotel met heel vriendelijk personeel
- + Een geweldig hotel in het centrum met vriendelijke bediening. Een schone kamer en badkamer. Een mooi grachtenpand. Het ontbijt was meer dan voldoende en met mooi aanbod. Het Singelhotel is een aanrader !
- * mi sugerencia Joselito Tapas/Café, Nieuwendijk 2 ligt op een paar minuten loopafstand. Gezellig om wat te eten, vriendelijke bediening.
Ideaal en prima, net hotel, centraal gelegen!!!
- + prima hotel, netjes en schoon. Lekker centraal in de stad, (200m van station) ontbijtbuffet is prima, alles wordt aangevuld. De receptie is de hele nacht open.
- + comfortabel, vriendelijk personeel, goede bedden, alles wat je nodig hebt is aanwezig, stil
- – vrij kleine kamer. prima voor een overnachting
Very goog position, little but lovely and functional
- * mi sugerencia Extraordinary position, everything was at walking distance, never took a bus. The hotel is really lovely, little but functional. Rooms with canal view are special. The receptionist are very kind and ready to satisfy all your request and doubts. I will stay here the next time I come back in Amsterdam.
- + schoon, netjes, lekker ontbijt en locatie
- – geen
Prima hotel voor een nacht.
- + Leuk hotel, tegen de 9 straatjes aan. Gastheer en gastvrouw doen erg hun best het iedereen naar de zin te maken
- – Erg lawaaige kamer aan de voorkant, en met drie personen (waarvan een dame van 80) in een kleine twee persoonskamer gelegen, oftewel over elkaars bedden klimmen om in de badkamer te komen. Een vriendelijk gastvrouw 's ochtends die het gehele ontbijt verzorgt maar het absoluut niet aan kan in haar eentje. Ongedekte tafeltjes, en buffet werd niet bijgevuld. Veel geirriteerde gasten.
- * mi sugerencia Vraag om een kamer aan de achterkant en neem geen driepersoonskamer, daar is dit hotel niet op gebouwd.
Prima ligging; service is matig
- – te weinig plaatsen voor de gasten bij het ontbijt. Een aantal gasten konden hun ontbijt niet in de ontbijt ruimte nuttigen maar werden er vervolgens door de strenge manager wel op geattendeerd dat om 10 uur alles werd afgeruimd. de afbeeldingen van de kamers komen niet overeen met de werkelijkheid.
rustig hotel in hartje Amsterdam vijf minuten van centraal station
- + locatie hartje Amsterdam, vriendelijk behulpzaam personeel, erg rustige gracht
- – Scheve vloer in oud pandgedeelte
- + Prima locatie - ook voor de trein - , prettige bediening tegen een goede prijs.
- – Eenvoudige badkamer.
- * mi sugerencia Kamer aan straat, met uitzicht op gracht, aan te bevelen.
- + - Netjes en schoon
- – - Uitzicht op een muur
Prima no-nonsens hotel voor mensen die met de trein naar Amsterdam kom
- + Weliswaar kleine maar net gerenoveerde schone, nette kamer. Goed compleet ontbijtbuffet. Goede ligging t.o.v. Centraal station en het centrum.
- – Geen parkeerfaciliteiten.
- * mi sugerencia Prima no-nonsens hotel voor mensen die met de trein naar Amsterdam komen.
- + Schoon
- – Luidruchtig, kamer beneden hoor je alles bij de receptie / restaurant
- * mi sugerencia Kamer boven vragen
centraal gelegen budget hotel met prima service
- + service gerichtheid van personeel, gratis wifi, prima ontbijt
- – kleine en schuin aflopende kamer , loszittende WC bril,
toplocatie voor eerlijke prijs
- + vriendelijk, behulpzaam personeel
- – beetje krap voor driepersoonskamer
- + Locatie
- – midden in verbouwing (ook de kamer naast ons....) tot 1900 op vrijdagmiddag, en vanaf 0730 op zaterdagochtend. Dit terwijl de receptioniste had gezegd dat op zaterdag niet werd gewerkt. Ook een 2 pers. bed van 140 X190 was wat aan de krappe kant!
- * mi sugerencia formaat bed goed navragen ;)
leuke hotel ,vriendelijke medewerkers .
- + dicht bij centrum
- – aan de grachten kant hoor je de auto,s.
- * mi sugerencia Als ik volgende keer ga, verzoek ik een kamer aan achterkant.
simpel maar goed
- + Dicht bij het Centrum en Centraalstation
- – Geen drink of eetgelegenheid alleen ontbijt dus is de benamming Hotel wel wat overdreven en misleidend.
- * mi sugerencia Als je laat incheckt met het idee niet meer buiten de deur te gaan om te eten,zorg dan dat je wat te eten en drinken mee heb.
Viel tegen ..
- – Misschien ben ik verwend maar ik vond t geen drie sterren waard .. Er hing een vaag luchtje in de kamer en ik zat dan pal naast de ingang aan de straat, erg onrustig dus en niet zo fris.
- + Goed hotel in het centrum van Amsterdam,beslist een aanrader. ik had als verrassing een kamer met ligbad,ook op Woensdagmorgen gebruik van gemaakt.(kamer 7) Als ik theaterbezoek in Amsterdam heb,ga ik hier wel naar toe;voor mijn overnachting.
- – n.v.t
Hotel in ordnung aber......!!!!
- + Lage ist perfekt. Hotell ist sehr nett klein und familiär.
- – Unsere Zimmer,richtung kongressgebeude, sind etwas laut, habe pech gehabt mit schlecht geputzte badezimmer und defekte frottetücher,bei reklamieren ist es 2 tage gegangen bis es behoben worden! Personal hat sich nett entschuldigt aber es gab keine preisnachlass was ich eigentlich erwartet habe. Frühstück ist etwas klein aber o.k Aufmerksamheit von Personal in bezug auf aufräumen,auffüllen etc.könnte verbessert werden.
Hotel op pracht plek, prijs/kwaliteitsverhouding weliswaar btje zoek.
- + veel info gekregen van vriendelijke mannelijke balie medewerker uit Amstelveen. De vrouwelijke had het te druk met theorie lessen via internet.
- – TV was zo aan de wand gemonteerd, dat het beeld vanuit bed nauwelijks te zien was. Wel als je er rechtop voor stond. Douche verstopt waardoor hele douche blank stond in korte tijd.
prima hotel dichtbij centraal, erg vriendelijk
- + prima hotel, goed uitgebreid ontbijt mooie kamer, wij hadden kamer 14 met uitzicht op de gracht
- – de voegen mogen in de badkamer wel weer eens gewit worden als ik dan toch iets moet verzinnen...
Mooi en betaalbaar hotel in hartje Amsterdam.
- + Het hotel lag mooi aan een gracht.Je bent zo in het centrum van Amsterdam.Winkels en uitgaansgelegenheid op loopafstand.Ideale locatie.Vriendelijk personeel,schoon en ook nog betaalbaar.
leuk hotel,midden in bruisend amsterdam
- + het zit overal redelijk dichtbij
- – geen airco,het was dan ook bloedheet in de kamer
Zeer mooi hotel en prachtig gelegen
- + zeer dicht bij het station Heel mooi gelegen
- + Sehr zentral gelegen, nettes Personal
- – Kein Parkplatz, Frühstücksbuffet eher enttäuschend
very nice people - quiet, near central station and heart of the city
leuk hotel voor een weekendje Amsterdam
- + goede centrale ligging. Midden in het centrum ,maar heel stil, geen last van de omgeving.
- – kleine kamer
leuk hotel voor een weekend
- + het waren prima bedden
- – er kon geen raam open
Lekker een ontspannen goed verzorgd weekend Amsterdam.
- + zeer gastvriendelijk, een superservice. Rustige gasten, totaal geen overlast.
- – Vrijwel geen minpunten, behalve de koffie bij het ontbijt lan wel verser en het theewater is lauw.
Vriendelijk hotel voor een schappelijk prijs
- + Personeel is zeer vriendelijk Hotel is schoon, netjes en zeker niet duur
- + de kamer was zeer ruim en netjes
- – de badkamer was niet schoon en zag er gedateerd uit
alles bij elkaar in een notendop kortom effe genieten
- + ideale ligging t.o.v. jordaan dam wallen en station goed ontbijt en vriendelijke bediening
- – kleine kamer maar ja daar hoef je alleen maar te slapen
Een goed hotel kwa prijs klasse en liging enege minpunt is de badkamer
- + En zeer vriendelijk onthaal. Onbijt was ook heel goed.
- – er was maar een minpunt was de bad kamer die vonden we niet zo proper niet zo aan genaam om er u in te doeschen. voor de rest was alles in orde
Gutes kleines Hotel - tolle Lage.
- + Tolle Lage ! Zimmer sind zweckmäßig, aber einfach eingerichtet. Zimmer sind sehr hellhörig. Wir waren aber nur für eine Nacht da. Halb so wild.Personal ist freundlich.
- – Parkplatzgebühren im Centrum ( 5 € pro Stunde ). Ich empfehle P+R. Einen Tag Parken für 6 €. Und es gibt die Straßenbahnkarten kostenlos dazu.
eenvoudig maar betaalbaar en schoon hotel in hartje Amsterdam
- + Prachtige ligging in hartje centrum en toch heerlijk rustig en betaalbaar met een uitstekende service van personeel. Je voelt je hier echt gast. Kom zeker terug.
- – geen
It's ok for one or two nights
- + only 5-10 Minutes walk to the central station WiFi for free!
- – too expensive for the room, but i think it's for amsterdam a normal price View out of the windows directliy to a wall
Fraai gelegen, sober hotel
- + Dicht bij centrum. In kamer 14 mooi uitzicht op de Singel. Personeel vriendelijk.
- – Kamer 14 is zeer gehorig. Ontbijt is zeer sober. Doucheruimte is niet optimaal. Personeel praat alleen maar Engels.
Hotel mit zentraler Lage
- + Zentrale Lage in der Innenstadt
- – sehr weiches Bett
aan renovatie toe
- + ligging
- – erg aan renovatie toe, douche afschuwelijk met schimmelplekken, prijs kwaliteit verhouding erg slecht
prima hotel voor paar dagen Amsterdam
- + prima service, vriendelijk personeel, prima locatie
- – geen
- + Zeer vriendelijk
- – Dat er na 12 uur nog naast ons mensen aan het werk waren die behoorlijk herrie maakte (gemeld bij het hotel)
- + Het was erg dicht bij het centraal station en vlakbij het centrum
- – De kamer was erg stoffig en de airco stond erg hoog...
Eenvoudig hotel met goede ligging, ideaal voor stedentrip Amsterdam.
- + De ligging is optimaal om het oude centrum van Amsterdam te bezoeken! Toch ligt het in een vrij rustige omgeving zodat je geen last hebt van het nachtleven. Te voet heel goed te bereiken vanaf centraal station +/- 10 minuten lopen. Vriendelijke en behulpzame bediening. Goede bedden. Draadloos internet voor wie het niet kan missen.
- – We hadden een driepersoons kamer. Deze was eigenlijk te klein voor drie bedden. Er bleef te weinig bewegingsruimte over. Geen minibar aanwezig. Douchen moest in bad met een douchegordijn. Dat is geen probleem maar de slang was te kort zodat ik met mijn 1.85 meter op mijn knieën moest douchen. Eenvoudig ontbijt, zeker voor deze prijsklasse.
nettes Personal - schelchtes Preis-/Leistungsverhältnis
- + nettes Personal
- – Preis-/Leistungsverhältnis indiskutabel, sehr laut/hellhörig, Frühstück miserabel
- + niet ver van station. Heel schoon, heel vriendelijke en behulpzame receptie. Na een lange dag sightseeing vroegen we om een potje koffie op onze kamer en dat werd persoonlijk door de receptioniste gemaakt, heel lief. Dat kan omdat het een tamelijk klein en persoonlijk hotel is.
- – geen, maar misschien hadden wij wel een speciaal mooie kamer (per ongeluk) met uitzicht op de Singel, andere hebben zij-zicht waarschijnlijk op de muur van het aangrenzende huis.
Net hotel op prima locatie tegen scherpe prijs!
- + Zeer goede ligging op loopafstand van station en centrum, vriendelijk personeel, nette verzorgde kamers en prima en uitgebreid ontbijt. Ofwel perfect hotel tegen een zeer scherpe prijs
- – Geen
Weekend in Amsterdam
- + Central location, near the city centre and central station. Abundant breakfast and WiFi for internet connection included in the price.
- – Triple bedroom quite little. Ok for one night not for more. The price is not right a budget price.
Zentral und gut untergebracht im Singel-Hotel in Amsterdam
- + Das gesamte, junge Personal ist außergewöhnlich freundlich und hilfsbereit. Nach einem guten Frühstück konnten wir gestärkt auf Tour gehen.
- – Unse Zimmer wich sehr von den Fotos auf der Hotelseite ab. Da es aber eine reine Städtereise war und wir uns nur zum Schlafen im Zimmer aufhielten war es annehmbar.
redelijk goed, kamer voor mij te klein/laag!
prima hotel maar niet kamer 18 accepteren
- + dicht bij het station; dicht bij het centrum
- – Onze kamer lag tegenover de lift! Elke keer als er in nacht iemand uit de lift komt wordt je daar wakker van!
- – koud en tochtig
Goed gekozen in het Singelhotel
- + gekozen voor de luxe kamer, zo rustig mogelijk gelegen. Prima gelukt: 3e verdieping met uitzicht op het water. Goede matrassen.
- – Er waren 2 (schemer)lampen stuk.
- + zeer prijsvriendelijk en uitstekende badkamer
- – geen
- – koop nieuwe tosti/broodrooster