- Note: 8.3 / 10 Score de 56 avis
Please enter your travel dates to show prices and availability.
Tous les commentaires sont effectués par nos clients après leur séjour à l'hôtel Amsterdam American Hotel - Hampshire Eden.
One of the best places to stay in Amsterdam
- + The staff is supremely helpful and courteous.
- – The bar could have better beer on tap rather than in bottles. The restaurant is good, but a bit overpriced.
- * mon conseil The rooms are well appointed and clean, and the location of the hotel provides easy and quick access to a host of sight-seeing attractions and good restaurants.
- + We were very disappointed by the room ! It was horrible (sad , small ,under the roof , the view: a courtyard !.....) It needs 2 stars but not 4!!! The price is very very expensive!! 180€ by night!! We only had a discount of 15€!!! What can you do for us???? So we left on sunday morning
- – Can't you ask about our opinion inEnglish????
A convenient hotel
- + We had a nice room with a small balcony overlooking the canal. The bed was extremely comfortable and everything else in the room was more than adequate. We found the reception services/consierge very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was expensive for what was available and occasionally the staff were unfriendly. We had one evening meal which was OK for the price - the waiter that evening was excellent - efficient and friendly despite being busy. Regarding location - the hotel is in a most co
- * mon conseil Because of it's location on a busy junction, it might be better to ask for a side facing room, which is quieter.
Beautiful Art-Deco Monument..must offer though value for the money!
- + The hotel is very centrally placed, very easy to reach all the sites. As a cultural momument it is very picturesque and quite comfortable. The art-deco restaurant is simply beautiful full of atmosphere, I expect though a more varied menu. Also the gym was excellent. However, for the price I expect the utmost value for the money, not just paying for the 'name of the hotel' and its long standing 'cultural' reputation. (Accommodation for famous actors, entertainers and artists) etc. However,
- – TV did not work (a bad picture) and the water in the shower was 'luke-warm'. The bathrooms in both the standard and deluxe-rooms were small but adequate. The tea-making/mini-bar facilities in the standard room were dark, no or little lighting. This we found dangerous for the guests and pointed this out to the Manager. He gave us a free breakfast!
- * mon conseil See above...one has to see the restaurant!!!
a good place to sleep
- + good location, quiet room
- – because of a cold weather our room (especially a bathroom) was a bit cold
An attractive hotel on the third ring canal in Amsterdam
- + gorgeous arrt deco restaurant with excellent service
- – parking and access by car extremely difficult
A BEAUTIFUL TASTE OF MORE AND AGAIN
- + It was wonderful staying in the American Hotel. Please consider a "frequent visitor" possibility, that gives always a personal feeling. Thanks again for being part of a beautiful holiday, in your beautiful Amsterdam American hotel.
- * mon conseil A nice restaurant
- + Excellent location, very polite staff, comfortable room, good restaurant. I would happy to stay in this hotel again when I visit Amsterdam.
- – not nice fitted carpets in the corridors
Central Hotel, Value for Money
- + The hotel was very central, close to restaurants, cafe's etc.
- – Reception staff quite abrupt. Our room was quite small, only a very small window for light, was located at the back of the hotel.
- * mon conseil In advance of your stay, contact to hotel and request a room with a balcony if possible. Rooms at the back of the hotel, as ours was are quite dark, with very little natural light.
Great place to stay
- + excellent service, great location
- – small bathroom
Overall experience was good.
- + Lunch and dinner, very good. Evening dining room supervisor was friendly and helpful. The wait person on the first evening was very good.
- – Slow getting coffee in the morning. The second evening wait person was not good.( Supervisor was very helpful.) Need more informed people at the front desk.
- + Great location, great food, great staff, fantastic room. The American is an amazing hotel. Everything about the stay was superb, I visit every year and will definately be back next year. The best hotel in Amsterdam.
- * mon conseil The breakfasts are fabulous, as is the cocktail bar.
One of my favorite Amsterdam hotels.
- + Historic hotel. Pleasent decor. Love the location. Noted I'd stayed there several times before and upgraded my room.
Terrific location and excellent bar atmosphere
- + Great location! Staff was very friendly.
- – I thought it was a little pricey considering the lack of amenities. Rooms were a little dated but beds were very nice!
Will stay elsewhere next time
- + Location
- – Noise
- * mon conseil Request rooms on upper floors, the ones on the ground floor (or so called entre-sol) are extremely noisy.
Wonderful historic hotel near museums, Leidesplein area and canal
- + Because we stayed for 4 days, hotel upgraded us to a larger king room with lovely bath. Stayed here years ago when on business and like the historic aspect of this hotel. Best reason is the wonderful location and proximity to most of the tourist sights.
- – A little expensive per night but we got a discount with the longer stay
Perfect location, good service, but average food quality
- + Location
- – Average dinner quality.
Clean rooms, friendly staff, great location and good breakfast.
- + The staff were extremely helpful.
- – Does not have a loyalty programme.
IWe'd stay there again, no question.
- + A thoroughly enjoyable stay.
Nice place but just a little overpriced.
- + The daytime reception was great all the way up to early evening.
- – The evening reception not so great. The bar, hotel, and restaurant were good quality but it was overplayed as a luxury hotel. In other words most everything was good but a little overpriced.
Great location but too expensive
- + Great location, helpful staff.
- – too expensive
EDEN American is a very well located hotel in the heart of Amsterdam
- + A balcony overseeing a nice view is a plus.
- – A classic small room for the relatively high price.
Good location, good service, not 4-star rooms
- + Central location. Away from red light district but close to hundreds of shops and restaurants., and jogging in Vondel Park. Friendly and helpful staff.
- – Very small room - especially for the price. Fitness facilities minimal - not suited for a serious workout
Really lovely experience. Great room; great hotel;great service!
- + Great service and food Brilliant room...querky but fun and lots of space Loved overlooking canal and having terrace to sit out on Great electronic equipment TV etc!
- – Very very busy on terrace on Saturday and no separate area outside for residents, so we had to stand and wait a while for a table which when you have paid to stay is a bit much! No need for huge plasma in bedroom area...it overtakes the room., A smaller plasma would be fine Had to ask to be shown all the electonics in room and room service were helpful but not familiar with the way everything worked. No instructions
Fantastic location! Would definitely return to this hotel!
- + Fantastic location!
- – Room service menu
Great central hotel close to many facilities
- + Good central location very close to Leidesplein and many bars restaurants and shops.
Elegant Hotel that is stylish and comfortable
I had a good stay in the hotel, except that the lighting is not
As always the Eden American delivered great service - thankyou
- + We often stay at the American. It is of course not the lowest cost hotel in Amsterdam, but you are guaranteed of great service, comfortable and clean accommodation and it is located in the best area of the City. Close to Paradiso and Melkweg music venues and a short walk for museums, Vondlepark and some of the best shopping streets in Amsterdam.
- – It would be great to discount slightly for regular visitors? We come to this hotel two to three time per year, every year
Eden Amsterdam American Hotel is a great place for a weekend break
- + Great welcome at reception, the older lady who was there last year remembered me and was a pleasure to deal with. The bar and restaurant staff are very professional. The doorman/porter was very obliging and well mannered. House staff very good and pleasant too. I am very likely to return.
- – No eye contact or smiles/recognition during stay when passing reception. Management appeared aloof and did not seem courteous.
Fabulous historic hotel in the center of Amsterdam with great staff.
- + Comfortable room. Great staff. Quiet. Sauna! Very Cenrtal. Historic building.
- – Missing a toilet brush in the bathroom.
- – On the whole my stay was fine .With these exceptions , first it took three days to have an ice bucket brought to my room. Second there was construction noise from either the floor below or on roof. Making sleeping during the day hard.Last one night when i called room service they only had two choices.
Classic Hotel on Amsterdam Canal Convenient to Everything
- + Front desk and greeters hotel staff very attentive. Concierge esepecially helpful Very Very Nice to have a excercise facility in hospital
The atmosphere at this hotel makes a great start to your trip
- + The hotel and staff were both impeccable. Any requests were answered immediatley and with the utmost respect and friendly manner. It really was a wonderful stay
- – I would like to see more special bookings and also less hidden costs. When you book on line you pay a price and then there was additional charges when leaving.
stay in a great and quiet atmosphere and dynamic city centre
- + surprised by the offer to use the Govert de Roos Suite nice atmosphere excellent atmospfere for lunch in wonderfull restaurant
- – very nice roon, but light was somewhat poor no electric power in bathroom parking in neighborhoud expensive, better to come by public transport or taxi
Great hotel in excellent location for Leidesplien & Museum District
- + The fountain courtyard is great for people watching. Fantastic views from the canal-view rooms.
- – Price was high - but Amsterdam was booked up pretty full that weekend.
Neat little hotel quitely set next to a unique location
- + Good location nicely tucked away.
- – Small elevators
A very rewarding stay.
- + This hotel was very nice in every way. We really enjoyed our stay and would make every effort to stay when in Amsterdam again.
There are no reasons that we would want to stay anywhere else.
- + Service (professional, helpful, and courteous), Location, Cleanliness, Price
- – I really cannot think of one negative comment regarding my three night stay.
Clean, convenient, Staff great but definately not four star.
- + Staff were friendly, helpful and efficient, could not be faulted.
- – Floor indoor way to bathroom was like a spring board. Felt like I would fall through. Decor in need of renewal due to deterioration. Definately not what I would class a four star hotel.
Good location, poor service
- + Good location
- – Room service delivered wrong meal then gave no indication of how long it would be for replacement. Long wait. No hot water on second morning and no information given on how long it would take to fix, therefore we had cold showers.
good location, but better keeeep an eye to your belonging
- + Good location to many spots
- – We stayed 4 nights in this hotel. The 2nd day we came back, we found the cola in the minibar was opened and only half remained. The 4th day we came back, there was one strange soda can in the trash can. It happened the room cleaning personel came in, we asked her whether she knew how the bottle came, she said maybe her colleague did... How terrible? I felt very uncomfortable and unsafe for the answer. The reception staffs were cold, but other staffs with warm smile.
Elegant hotel in the center of Amsterdam
A lovely hotel with friendly & helpful staff.
- + The hotel staff are very helpful and friendy. The interior is well maintained nice art deco twist-Bar very nice style. Good size room lovely view. Ideal location for a city break.
Great Hotel , good location , freindly staff .
- + Great Hotel , stay there everytime we visit Amsterdam . Took care of our early arrival as well .
- – Asked for a large room to accomodate our family , but got realy small room .
Romantic and luxurous stay in Amsterdam
- + Hotel architecture Hotel history Room silence
- – Uncomfortable bed. Service at check-out time : the employee told us I should trust him about city tax instead of double-checking on my hotel reservation paper.
Nice environment - center of Amsterdam
- + Very nice restaurant ( Art Deco ) Nice rooms, good airconditioning
- – Seen the fact that the hotel has joined the Green Star, they now have diminished the water consumation for the shower and bath - this results in a very poor showering experience as there is not enough pressure on the water...
Great location in the heart of town
Hotel very good. you arrangements unsatisfactory
- – I asked you to arrange two rooms next to each other, and you had nearly three months notice to fix that, but you failed to do it. We therefore wasted time at the hotel trying to arrange this ourselves, but the hotel could not fix it. Not good enough.
Wonderful city stay in Amsterdam
- + location. extremely helpful staff, room appointments
- – none I can think of
Good Weekend Break
- + Really good restaurant, excellent food and service, also one of the best hotel bars anywhere
- – Booked a double room, but it had two single beds with single duvets pushed together. Very roomy but not very romantic
A very good value with a very responsive and professional staff.
- + The front desk staff was very quick to pay attention to me and were very patient with me as I was a first time visitor to Amsterdam. I was very appreciative of their attitude.
- – It would be nice to have a small guide for the first-time visitors. I had no idea of how to really use the tram system. Things like where cash machines are, helpful advice about coffee shops (I'm not a prude and favor appeal of drug laws, but detest the smell of pot, just a personal thing), advice on using the trams or other ways to get around would be nice.
Large, comfortable rooms for Amsterdam.
- + The room was very spacious and the bed very comfortable. The location was ideal for the weekend we were there, as there was a music festival going on outside the hotel. It was convenient to walk everywhere. The restaurant is beautiful, although we did not eat there. The outdoor cafe is nice to sit and people watch.
- – The bathroom was miniscule and we were 3 people sharing a room and needed to use the bathroom to change in. It was smaller than on a cruise ship. We had to sit on the toilet or the bathtub to change our clothes. There was no room to stand. We had emailed the hotel to confirm free internet was included in the room rate as stated on the website. We were misled by the answer we got, and had to beg for 24 hours of free use even though I had the emails with me giving us the impression we would get it for free for the entire stay. We neglected to ask for a specific room that had been recommended, and we were sorry we didn't. Some rooms are nicer than others in this hotel.
- + Very nice staff. Very central location.
- – Only reaslied while in show, that our double room only got one hand towel, one bath towel and two faceclothes. Could have done with two bathtowels......
ideal situation good service
- + Excellent service from reception and especially helpful concierge
- – room cleaning especially the bathroom could be improved
Internet not included!
- + Central
- – Internet is not included! That is not acceptable for the price of the stay.
- + Very easy to use as a central base for exploring the city and sights. Would definiately use the hotel again on our next trip to Amsterdam.
- – Bed a little too hard hard, we had a roadside room and could hear the revelry going on the streets after clubs let out.
- + Huge bed, big and clean room
- – Noisy room
Would definately return!
- + Central position. Very convenient for everything we wanted to do. Pleasant entrance, clean and and inviting reception staff were very helpful. Our room ( standard) had a huge 7ft bed and very spacious and clean, we had no view as we at the back of the hotel but it was quiet and we were only in there to sleep! The bar area was lively and interesting photo memoribilia. Buzzing on the saturday night.
- – We only had one breakfast purely for convenience. Being Easter Sunday the main dining room was being prepared for lunch and we were in a side room. Quite disappointing food choice, a little boring I would say and expensive for what we had.
A pleasureable experience
- + A very well run and comfortable hotel. The ambience and facilities were excellent. The location is fantastic with many attractions within walking distance.
- – A lot of redevelopment work in the area meant that there was quite a bit of noise early in the morning.
Eden American Hotel always offers a great stay in this vibrant city
- + This hotel is always a great place to stay, we have visited many times, the staff are friendly and professional and they are responsive to requests. The canal side rooms are super offering great views. Beds comfy for a great night sleep.
- – building works, but this is unavoidable in the city.
Good location but noisy workmen!
- + Location was perfect and within easy walking distance of all main attractions
- – Building work that started at 7.30am adjacent to our room window on Friday and Monday mornings was very noisy. We should have been warned about this when booking.
Fantastic hotel in great area
Ideal hotel for visit to Amsterdam
- + excellent hotel .......very friendly, helpfull staff
- – breakfast, albeit a lovely spread, was expensive at 19 euro per person......we found breakfast at numerous places within 5 mins walk....a good selection and a lot better priced.
- – The booking wasn't transmit, i have to talk duirng 30min for they accept the booking. and the morning they want charge more than the official price of the booking
go for this one..its one of the best!
- + staff very friendly great hotel to stay will do so again.
- – the canal cruise company across the road was not very truthfull about its ticketing as the museums do not give a discount on their tickets.Your company should not recommend them.small point! also cruise only works in one direction .
For 20 years, this hotel has never disappointed me.
Stayed for one night in between 3 night mini cruise - Reccomended +++
- + Value for money, Good location, Really nice bar, Friendly staff, Early book in as soon as rooms are cleaned, Baggage storage facility upon check out (free).
excellent value comfort
- + wonderfully comfortable beds
A very central convenient hotel and excellant value.
- + The restaurtant/bar area with exceptionally large windows is a special feature
- – My room was a little small but did not take away from the quality or value for money. I was also given a roomcard to room number that didn't exist - only a minor inconvenience.
Perfect base to discover Amsterdam
Will return again to the Amsterdam American Eden Hotel
- + Excellent location. Fine building, very impressive exterior. Rooms very clean and comfortable, bath towels very high quality. Breakfast buffet excellent, service very attentive.
- – Bedroom floors very squeaky, could here other guests walking around and I'm sure they could hear me.
Exceptional quality and comfort
Grandeur in the heart of Amsterdam
- + central location high standard of service high standard of food and beverages ambience / grandeur in hotel and grand cafe
- – internet charges of 20 euro's per 24 hours / 80 euro's per week . Having objected , I was treated as 'special guest' and granted free acces to internet for the full length of my stay .
great days in a very good hotel
- + We had a very good bed in our room and the location from the hotel is very good. Very satisfied with everything!
Lovely place, huge rooms, friendly helpful staff, great location.
- + Lovely large rooms in this historical art drco building with very friendly helpful staff.
- – Bedding was a bit poor and disappointed to have two sigle mattresses shoved together as a double bed.
Excellent weekend stay.
- + The hotel itself was beautiful - the building was stunning and the location was absolutely perfect. We were on the 5th floor so even had a little balcony overlooking the main square of Amsterdam. Absolutely perfect, no complaints.
Would love to return
- + The bed was extremely comfortable. It was hard to get up in the morning!! The rooms were very quiet, no outdoor noise. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Clean rooms, excellent location.
- – I felt that the price for breakfast was too expensive. All other prices in the hotel and indeed Amsterdam were very reasonable especially compared to Ireland. However even with the Christmas discount (17.95) it is still too much.
Fantastic Hotel - Can't recommend highly enough!
- + Location - Price - Friendly and efficient staff
- – I was in room 010 - the window didn't close properly so it made the room cold and the noise from the delivery lorries woke me early.
- + The photographic exhibition was fantastic.
Superb service in gorgeous surroundings
- + service from the staff throughout the hotel was superb. Central location, very convenient for all the Amsterdam sights, shopping etc. Cafe Americain is just stunning and a very relaxing place to sit and enjoy a coffee
- – Meals and food and drink in general were very expensive - even just a simple meal of chicken sate was very overpriced for what it was, in our opinion
Comfortable and pleasant stay. Treat yourself to Breakfast.
- + Breakfast at the Café Americain. Kindness of the staff at the check in desk and Cafe Americain. The available tourist information in the room and in the lobby. Great location for reaching the Museum Quarter and the Pijp. The photography exhibition. Interesting!
- – No toilet brush in the bathroom.
- + location to shopping, casino, restaurants was excellent. Evening desk & concierge were really friendly & helpful
- – unreasonable internet prices - paid for 1 hour only got 1/2 hr but evening front desk person let me use her computer
Centrally located historic hotel
- + Centrally located Close to food establishments Close to transport Great outlook Close to stree entertainment - buskers
- – No towel rails Tiles on floor could have been cleaner Pillows & Bed uncomfortable. We had been away from home staying in lots of different locations and this was the only bed that was uncomfortable (sagged in the middle and the pillows were a small square and much too high)
Eden American Hotel Amsterdam - a great place to unwind
- + Location and hotel are lovely, we have stayed there before. Response to comment on booking re special occasion positive. Lovely room. Very comfortable bed.
- – Not inexpensive!
Amsterdam city opportunity
- + very nice, old hotel, good room standards, perfect location in the city, good connection to the airport, good weekend offer
Looking for something better
- + Good location
- – noisy (traffic and disco downstairs untill early in the morning) room / bathroom small expensive breakfast telephone calls expensive
The most comfortable bed ever ...
- + The best bed I have ever slept in Good sized room - plenty of space for luggage Wonderful location near many restaurants Teriffic bar staff (a highlight of our stay)
- – The monotonous sound of hairdryers from all sides every morning
Schönes Hotel ohne vier Sterne- service
- + Ein wunderschönes Gebäude mit einem herrlichen Frühstücksraum. Sehr nette Damen an der Rezeption. Frühstücksbuffet sehr gut und reichhaltig und umfangreich. Trotz Buchungsfehler seitens des Hotels wurde eine gute Lösung gefunden.
- – Schlechter Service beim Frühstück-mehrmals mussten Dinge angefordert werden. Zimmerreinigung fand erst abends statt und beinhaltete nur teilweise das Bad putzen. Die Sauna ist alt und renovierungsbedürftig
Good location, a bit expensive but poor services towards client
- + Great location, nice view, decent room for the price (a bit old (carpet) although renovated (new furnitures / new wall paint))
- – We had requested a quiet room for our 18 months baby. We had a room right above a ball room where people have been partying until midnight. => poor services and client attention
Business stay good except for the mice.
- + The staff were excellent in quickly moving me to another room and making sure I was alright.
- – There were two mice in my room running from underneath the hotelroom door straight to the minibar. The mice experience will influence my choice on future business trip bookings with the Americain hotel.
Nice hotel, good location, a little pricey
- + - Nice, clean rooms - Good location - Good size balcony
- – - Very expensive internet - Small rooms - Breakfast too expensive - A bit far from the RDL if you are into that.
A wonderful warm fun hotel!
- + * a wonderful hotel in a great location *each member of staff was excellent,effective and having a relaxed and helpful approach. * interesting photographic exhibition and history * warm cosy and fun/relaxed ambience
- – * breakfast expensive - so did not eat in hotel * condensed milk ok - but would like proper milk with tea/coffee in room. * would like a tiny reading light in room - as I was awake during the night and would like o=to read without disturbing my wife.
- + Great location. Rooms good size, we had a balcony so really nice.
- + Beautiful room with terrance - amazing service
I had a wonderful stay at an historic hotel with a great location.
- + Great Location with great historic appeal. Some things showed a little wear but not out of line with an older hotel.
- – Bathroom could have been cleaned better, but not bad.
A Hotel with personality
- + Beautiful Hotel-Great location
For a decadent and stately night of comfort
- + Beautiful building, good food, comfy bed, great view.
- – Bit pricey, the coffee served with breakfast was not up to par.
Good hotel with sauna
- + Lots as: 1. Sauna with swimming pool. 2. Very good restaurant. 3. Super atmosfera. 4. Frendly staff. 5. Close to Tegel. 6. Quiet place. 7. Park with small lake.
- – it's far from the center.
A pleasant stay in Amsterdam
- + Excellent service, pleasant atmosphere, clean and beautiful accommodation.
a great and well located hotel
- + The personal of the hotel, the big room and the location.
- – the floor creaks when we and neigbours walk by the room.
Everything you need
- + Excellent location
- – No bad points!
Worst hotel of our journey
- – Windows not to open,faced to a light well full of waste air of air conditions
Great hotel in a great city!
- + Great location, large room, and great service made for a very memorable stay in Amsterdam.
- + good location and good staff at receptionrngood price
- – on the last night of our stay we had no washcloths in our rooms. in my own room we were left no toilet paper and no facial tissue, and no new towels.rnWe had no internet access without paying a fee.
Amsterdam stay 31st July - 3rd August.
- + great location and very well serviced. Nice dining room and bar. Very comfortable room.
- – Extras are very expensive. Drinks from mini bar extremely overpriced. Also bought a movie to watch which shut off half way through! I told reception about this but as it is a separate company that operates the movie system, I was still charged a massive 15 euros.
Well located, clean hotel with friendly staff.
- + Hotel was clean, quiet, pleasant and well located.
- – For the price per night, I think breakfast could have been included.
- + The bed was super comfortable. Nice location near the museums, Vondelpark and city centre. The staff was friendly and service good.
- + Comfortable room,and excellent location. good service.
- – The room was a bit dark, and there was a lot of noise from the air conditioning units outside the window, so if left open it would be a lot of noise. Also on Monday morning there was a lot of noise, it sounded like equipment was being moved this lasted from about 5AM to 6AM but kept me awake.
- + Excellent location, friendly staff.
- + The room and the size of the bed is very big and also very good location.
- – Too too expensive of the internet connection.
Very charming and well located hotel
- + Very friendly staff, beautiful art-deco hotel, centered next to major point of interest, next to bus 197 (airport), best hamburgers in town, good value for money (good package deal)
- – Breakfast are not included in the price of the room and are quite expensive.
- + Very good location once you get your bearings. reception staff very pleasant, helpful and accomadating. Good for a short break. Convenient for trams, buses and not too far from all key sight.
- – Our room 131 was somewhere in the middle of the hotel and very dark and gloomy. Breakfast, although very good, is expensive.
Great location, wonderful staff, very nice rooms
Central location and nice library downstairs
- + I had a balcony to the square with chairs - big surprise!
- – Quite a noisy location (trams)- but soundproof balcony doors
Beautiful hotel with wonderful staff
- + Everyone at reception was exceptionally helpful with any queries we had, and not just regarding the hotel. Staff were always extremely friendly and smiling, making it a pleasure to stay at the hotel. I would definately recommend this hotel to my friends and family it had a good location only a 10 minute taxi journey to Dam Square. Room was a good size with larger bathroom than expected.
- – You cannot smoke in any of the rooms, and although listed as a preference we did not get a room with a balcony. Because I used my credit card when we checked in (in case any damages occured) the hotel informed my credit card company that the remaining sum left to be paid on the holiday (and room charges) was to be put on my card. When checking out, with the help of a staff member I was allowed to pay the remaining balance on my Mother's credit card. However, my credit card company had been expecting to pay the remaining sum, so I could not use my card at the airport or shops before I left. Unfortunately this issue put a sad tone to the end of the holiday.
- + central location wonderful old building
- – rooms too dark poor lighting three star service with four star prices poor sound proofing
Great room, location friendly service and value
- + Our room had a great location within the hotel. Corner on the second floor (their 1st floor) overlooking the street, restaurant area and fountain out front and the beautiful theatre next store. Had a large balcony from which to people view down below and eat our breakfast. Coffee pot is provided in the room. Many windows so the room was bright and cheery and quite large (room 126). Great room darkening curtains and the noise from the street was blocked out. The hotel location was great also --right on the Leidersplein and near a canal, tourist info and the on-off canal boats. Room was $170 euros/night. Friendly service from desk and concierge. Huge very comfortable bed.
- – No real minuses. Room was bigger and just as nice as the Marriot across the street which was a hundred euros more per night. No turn down service for the bed at night.
Kudos to the house people! Disappointment with Cafe staff.
- + Drees especialy great. Desk and cleaning staff all very very good good.
- – Cafe American was disappointingly inflexible to my request to allow me to take a hamburger back to my wife who was ill in our room.I walked a few meters further to eateries across the street whose food was as good and service far better. The plus was that we felt like knowledgable travelers when we recomended to each hotel guest we met the great alternatives to eating their meals at Cafe American.
- + I had a room with a balcony which was lovely and the housekeeping staff were very friendly.
- – I think the hotel should have mentioned on check- in, rather than check-out, that they were going to add EUR6 per night city tax onto the bill I had already paid through hotels.nl, or, better still, absorb it into the room cost. It left a sour final taste to what was a good experience.
Great location. Very comfortable room. Friendly and helpful staff.
- + Great location. Very comfortable room. Friendly and helpful staff.
- – Breakfast should be included in the price of the room.
- + Excellent service will defo recomend to friends.
- – Shame did not have good view looked onto other windows.
Bolthole for exploring Amsterdam
- + Quality hotel in close proximity to most attractions. Highly recommend for weekend visit to Amsterdam. Staff helpful and friendly. Rooms clean and spacious.
Excellent Location is Supreme
- + Very clean towels & linens, plenty of hot water, comfortable bed.
- – Confirmed 2 beds, got 1; mold around windows, floor needs cleaning close to baseboards in entire hotel, room service forgot washcloths; many nice hotels provide internet service free...My internet was good only 24 hrs even though I had 40 minutes left....what a suprise when I found out my time had expired. Front desk was polite and helpful, but service very slow....while people are waiting, they could acknowledge our presence and tell us they would be helping in just a few minutes.....
- + Fantastic location. I would like to say how lovely and helpful all the staff are - it really made a difference.
Excellent location and service
- + Restaurant and bar
- – Lack of shower cap
great location, but service can be better
great location reccomended
- + good location tram stop outside so getting around easy.cafe american was also a plus good food and very good staff.would reccomend
- – internet use expensive
Great hotel, great location, great service.
- + Great location for walking to anywhere in the city without being in the dense city center. Driss, our concierge was extremely helpful with dining options and general advice that was helpful in our activities.
very good location
- – change of the towels no good,they give us just small ones,and no replacement of bath gel
het hotel is goed de srevice kan beter.
- + de concierge Driss Aabouz is geweldig en geeft prima informatie!
- – er lagen voor 1 persoon handdoeken op een 2-persoons kamer, ook was de zeepdispensor in het bad leeg.per telefoon heb ik gevraagd om dit aan te vullen dit gebeurde niet. na 2 dagen opnieuw gevraagd toen kwam het pas in orde.ook een douchemuts miste ik/
- + Location is good for the Leidseplein and its 'attractions'. Transport is easily found. Beautiful facade of hotel.
- – Poor service at the bar. The room was tiny, room 134. Traffic noise was more than expected.
Compares with the best European Hotels
- + Very convenient location and very reasonably priced. The advice and service were top class. Most enjoyable.
Great hotel, great location!
- + Lovely Hotel, great location, we availed of a special offer so it made an otherwise expensive hotel affordable.
- – Room was very small but we expected this due to special offer.
Excellent hotel and time in Amsterdam
- + Excellent hotel. Perfect location next to canal and in a square full of night life, shops and cafes. Would definitely come back and stay again.
This Hotel means Amsterdam
- + An astounding integration of service, quality and architecture. I will return to this hotel.
- – None at all.
ideally situated on the leidsepe
Hotel to recommend
- + Location, outside and inside design, restaurant and cafe, food, overall service
- – 1 The light in the room is very dim. 2 It would be helpful to have minor things like sowing kit availabe. When asked at the lobby - there was none found ((
Would like to visit again.
- + Good location, easy access to all attractions. Very helpful and pleasant staff. Very enjoyable stay.
- – None
Hard to beat
- + The staff was attentive and friendly from start to finish. The room (404) was quiet and beautiful, with an arched stained glass window. The bed was confortable and spacious - not two singles pushed together like in many other hotels. Architecture in common spaces such as the restaurant was stunning. Location is excellent for museums, strolls in the park and quick access to the airport via taxi. Bathroom was clean and functional. An exceptional value - room cost including tax was less than 100 Euros.
- – Downtown sites were a bit of a walk, but an enjoyable one... Restaurant was pricey, but atmosphere was exceptional. Taxi to airport was a bit more than stated by the concierge - be sure to negotiate this in advance.
Excellent saty at the Hotel Eden American
- + The service at the desk was excellent as was that of the cleaning staff. The Hotel was in an excellent location, and I would not hesitate to stay there again in the future.
- – There were no minus points with our stay at the hotel
Great location but hotel needs sprucing up
- + Excellent location right in the heart of Leidsplein square close to museums, stores and restaurants. Good size room, at least for Amsterdam. Overall, I am glad we did not pay anywhere close to the full price.
- – Small bed with so-so pillows, not what you'd expect from a 4-star property. While I can live with a smallish old style TV, which is not flat screen, we were both disappointed with a choice of English-language programming. Hotel did not even have CNN, not to mention movie channels. Breakfast was expensive but it's common for high-end hotels so we were prepared with local alternatives.
Value for money
a very good hotel
- – on arrival the receiptionist wasnt very customer friendly
ur hotel made our visit nicer and confortable
- + everything was perfect
- + Location restaurant (breakfast)
- – Small room; no view at all, eventhough promised, on check-in, we were getting a very nice room; bell captain the most helpful of all personnel.
A Wonderful Weekend Stay.
- + A centrally located, reasonably priced hotel. The room service continental breakfast for one was fit for a champion. Two of us could not finish this. Room was on the 1st floor with a view and of adequate size. The restaurant is a wonderful example of art deco and has a lovely atmosphere. I recommend ordering a pre dinner Bloody Mary(best in town I have found) at the bar and soaking up the atmosphere. Staff are friendly and happy to help.
- – Parking is on street around the hotel or in car parking facilities a short walk away. The hotel does not have it's own garage.
- + It is the 4th time I've stayed here. Beautiful building, reception staff very good, check very efficient even though there was queue.
- – Horrible shower curtain, view awful, change of cafe menu very dissapointing and room service menu, hall porter not friendly at all. Was not as good as it used to be.
- + Price, Location, Staff
- – Room was fine but a little on the small side
a last minute great deal, a great location
- + A great location
- – The room was quite small
A great weekend in Amsterdam
the first and the last time in noisy american
- + restaurant ,surrounding
- – terrible noisy room 606 directly under the machine room= unacceptible
A great place to stay in Amsterdam for the sites
- + Grat location and very comfortable since the refurbishment
One of the most beautiful Art Deco Cafés in Europe
- + Very beautiful Restaurant Good food Nice and cosy Bar Good Service in the Restaurant Good Service at the entrance
- – for those who want just a cup of coffee and a small braekfast (croissant, cheese, egg)could be a bestter choice. 20 Euro Breakfast buffet is too much. (food and money) and croissant with confiture ist too less to be happy with. All employees we met, were very friendly and helpful, unless one young woman at the check in counter who seemed to be molasted by our arriving. The view from room 2004 is not nice.
Iconic hotel, superbly situated
- + right in the centre of Amsterdam - it couldn't be better situated! cafe Americain is gorgeous!
Very enjoyable stay in great location
- + Excellent facility, well located, comfortable bed, good storage space.
- – Breakfast is expensive, not enough pillows, bathroom a bit small
would stay again
- + Very comfortable room. Bed was huge. Shower was hot and powerful. Employees were helpful and friendly. Nicely equipped mini bar. They let us store our luggage there for a couple hours after we checked out. Very nicely decorated and the restaurant was really nice.
- – had to pay to use the internet.
Interesting and attractive hotel in conveneint location
- + Knowledgeable staff Attractive hotel, with historical significance very comfortable room excellent location
- – room was a little small a little noisy as on main road/square - but have to compromise on quiet for such a good location!
- + Great location, would definately stay again. Hotel very clean and very nice.
- + The reception with its sercvice was really good, friendly and flexible.
- – I had expected slightly more luxury for a hotel with such fame.
Simply The Best...
- + Perfect location for a plethora of excellent restaurants, bars, jazz clubs, shops and the Blue Boat canal cruise line. Famous people stay at the American Hotel - during our visit we met Ice T from the US crime series Law & Order. The staff couldn't be more helpful, especially the concierges. The American Hotel has real style and personality - you'll find no better accommodation in Amsterdam within its price bracket.
Best Value for Money
- + * Exceptional Value for money * Superb Customer Service * Reasonably priced hotel bar * Outstanding Building
- – * Breakfast very expensive * 30 minute walk from central train station
eden american hotel
- + Nice venue, great location.
- – The room was without windows, there were small windows on the top of the wall with the view over another wall... the heating system was poor, in fact me and my husband have taken the cold.
good stay !
- + A compliment for the whole staff They where very nice !
- – no
- + really good customers service
- – none
- – squeaking bed no tea served at breakfast
Excellent Location, Hotel and Service
- + Great location on Leidseplein and canal. last time we stayed in a superior room but this time booked a standard double room. It was smaller and did not have the great view but was excellent value. The breakfast is worth paying extra for.
- – None
One of better options in Amsterdam
- + Location, Service, really clean, nice room, friendly employees (not only in the help desk)
- – internet, expensive breakfast, minibar prices, views of the room
Great hotel with excellent staff
- + Excellent team on reception - helpful, friendly and spoke excellent English! Great room with good facilities.
- – Couldn't control the air-con or open our window so the room was too hot in the night which caused some trouble sleeping. Couldn't afford to eat breakfast in your hotel (5 x 17€ is a lot of money!!) We would love to come back and stay at the end of January so if you had a double available at 60€ per night for 2 nights, let us know!!
Nice place, attentive to our needs
- + Great staff, nicely remodeled room, had a balcony!
- – Others I traveled with had construction noise, perhaps from nearby projects.
Will be happy to stay again
- + Great location. Comfortable, clean room. Friendly & helpful staff. Got 3rd night free â excellent deal. Will be happy to stay again.
Great stay as usual
- + Pleasant staff, are always greeting you, when passing by in the hallways.
- – The smoking issue.
great location, excellent restaurant and bar
- + great location, cute little balcony
- – unfriendly receptionist, extremely high parking fees
wonderfull hotel in the best location
Just awesome at the price being paid
- + Really nice hotel, right in the heart of Amsterdam, livelihood place. Definitely going to stay here the next time. Staff has been polite, rooms are spacious as compared to othe hotels in same price bucket
exellent atmosphere and location
Excellent hotel, very well situated
- + Easy internet booking, nice room overlooking the main square, as I requested, very helpful and pleasant staff on Reception
- – The taxi service to Centraal Station charged me 15 Euros
Cheap deal & good value for money.
great service in art deco ambiente
- + great art deco ambiente jazz brunch was an absolute highlight of our stay
- – bath tub too small for 2
Good Hotel to stay at
- + good atmosphere, good breakfast, good location
- – video on demand not working
American Hotel in Amsterdam
- + Great location and friendly staff
- – Room was very small
Couple relaxing and looking for fun 4 the weekend
- + Best location in the town. First day we used tram, but following two days map and walking. All the best shops are next street to the hotel. Lots of coffee shops, restaurants and everything worth visiting near by :) We gave ten points 4 the hotel. Bathtub was also big plus :)
- – Be aware for the fridge in the room, if you take something away from there, it will charge you automatcally after 20sec. -Totally drugfree (including pot) zone at the hotel... :/
- + Good consierge service
- – two single bad must not as a double bad that's too uncomfortable
grand style in the middle of a beautifil city
- + Grand style! very good location. enjoyed my stay recommended
- – be ready to overlook minor imperfections in the bathrooms e.g. This is an old building in an old city.
- + Great beds, good service, beautiful building, nice crew. Breakfast is really fine but not a bargain.
- – Our room only had a door to a shared terrace that could be opened up to get fresh air. A bit strange.
quite 'up-market', yet very reasonably priced
- + nice situation right beside canal, close to art museums and parks; staff very helpful particularly the concierge; plenty of good eating establishments nearby.
- – hotel bar closed promptly at 1am even for residents.
your taxes are way to high for your value
- + nice room
- – no CNN/ had to wait to get this value--ok except high taxes on tourists
What a great little hotel!!
- + The service and help from your staff was beyond compare. They were without exception professional, courteous and very friendly. The coffee room/restaurant was absolutely beautiful.
- – Lack of parking facillities and a little expensive.
An Enjoyable & Comportable Stay in Amsterdam
ideal location and great bar for a superb w/end in glorious Amsterdam
American Hotel - Home away from home
Wonderfull and well located hotel
- + Perfect location and service.
- – Expensive
- + - Location - Bed Quality
- – - Very Noisy Room
Very central and good accommodation
Great location, helpful staff but takes advantage during conventions
- + The staff was very helpful. The room, although small, was well equipped with all the conveniences.
- – After the first day, the daily rate more than doubled, to very unreasonable amount, as there was a big convention in town. We were not part of that convention. The room was dark as it overlooked an inner court and another building; we could not see the outdoors (for the weather).
- + staff very efficient.location.desk staff and conceirge very very helfull.
- – only three pillows on double bed.only two bath towels.
- – very loud music coming from the restaurant where the wedding party was being celebrated.
Superb Location, Beautiful Building
Great Hotel in the finest location
- + Tremendous location, very attentive front desk staff
- – Occasionally dining room staff are aloof
- + location, perfect
- – rooms very noisy, breakfast disproportinal
Graet stay, best location
- + Graet service, House keeping and welcoming front desk. Location - Graet, The best palce in Amsterdam
Wonderful stay at a beautful hotel
- + Service, everybody was friendly and very helpful. Atmosphere, modern, yet the hotel has kept its original architecture.
- – Breakfast is exellent but why not include it in the price of the room? Further: I always prefer rooms with wooden floor.
We hope to stay with you again
- + Location, discounted room rate, two balconies, concierge (who told us which buses go to the Bos Amsterdamse, among other things).
- – Restaurant: didn't use it because it was too expensive WiFi: used it only once because it was too expensive Phone call from room: Local call was 2.80 euros and an international phone call was $46.
- + The bellman was very helpful when we checked in and went out of his way to accomodate us.
- – The concierge wasn't there on Friday afternoon to help us settle in and make plans. The desk staff was ok, but not great. Also, we made the decision to drive verses riding the train based on the parking garage rates posted on the internet and when we arrived the rates were MUCH higher than what was posted on the website. We would have ridden the train had we known the actual rates. Also, the parking garage was not very convenient to the hotel.
- + the girls in the front desk was very polite and helpful. the hotel is much better then he displayed at your web site.
high satisfaction with our stay in the hotel as well as in the ciy
- + location in the city centre exceptional building qualified staff in the reception
- – one of the elevators was not functioning for several days free wifi should be available for this hotel category problems with parking which is very limited and expensive in the area close to the hotel
Ideal location for visiting Amsterdam.
- + Ideally located to discover Amsterdam. Staff very pleasant,courteous and helpful.Very close to the museum area. It was very relaxing to sit outside and have a snack or a drink.Tourist information within one hundred yards from hotel.
- – None that we found.
One of the nicest places to stay in Amsterdam
- + great location, nice place. The cleaning ladies are realy nice andtry their best to make the room a clean place to stay.
- – They "pride themselves of never saying no" The rception team is very strict. does not make any effort to try and help/ find solutions to problem.
Trust this hotel!
- + Beautiful Hotel in the very center of the city. Personnel is nice and always smiling. We had a really beautiful room, large and comfortable.
- – Restaurant is too much expensive.
- + super bed!
- + Camere grandi, pulite e piene di tutti i confort. Hotel veramente incantevole, posizionato nella splendida ed animatissima Lediseplein, in altre parole se non hai voglia di spostarti durante il giorno oppure la sera, hai tutto a portata di mano...e dico proprio tutto... Consigliatissimo!
- – L'unica pecca è che in tutta l'Olanda dal 1Â° Luglio 2008 non si può più fumare nei luoghi pubblici e negli hotel non è più possibile avere neanche la camera fumetori, una vera palla.
A Magnificent hotel that is a monument in its own right
- + A historic hotel which is a monument in its own right, superbly placed at centre of old Amsterdam, luxuriously appointed rooms, magnificent (art nouveau) restaurant where the superb decor and fine food battle for supremacy, good atmosphere in bars, courteous but dignified attitude by staff,
- – We had a room on the 'Intersol', overlooking the street, and there was too much noise from 07.30 in the morning. French is (still) a major international language and given the 'international' standing of the Amsterdam American it is unfortunate that there was no-one in the Reception team or among the restaurant personnel who spoke french with even minimum fluency.
THE PLACE TO STAY!!!
- + This is our fourth stay at this Hotel. Location is wonderful, walk across the street to a canal bus stop and enjoy the entire city by a "get on/off" site seeing tour. Also next door to a wonderful entertainment area with MANY great restaurants. Across the street from the Holland Casino and the Hard Rock-Amsterdam. We never need the rental car once we arrive. Everything is within walking distance or by using the canal boat. I would NEVER stay anywhere else in Amsterdam!!!!
- – Absolutely NONE!!!
A very pleasant experience, thank you
- + very courteous staff (eg reception, concierge and cleaners)
- – the additional bed in the room could have been 30cm longer
Okay, but the service was questionable.
- – We were approached by the porter for help with our bags, I told him we didn't need help because I had the help of my hsuband and 15 year old son. I then tried to use the luggage cart and he told me that it was his and I couldn't use it. Completly ridiculous, I have never been to a hotel that wouldn't let you use the luggage cart. That was in the beginging of the stay and needless to say It ruined my time there.
Not bad overall. Located in a great area.
- + The staff was friendly and tried to be helpful. The location is excellent. The room was a nice size and the bathroom was good.
- – The staff, although well-intentioned, was inefficient. One day our room was not cleaned. Our airport shuttle reservations were not confirmed on their computer, but instead had to be confirmed by calling the shuttle service. One person at the front desk was new and had not been trained in the simplist things, such as programming the room key. However, they did try and were friendly.
- + The confortable of the bed.
- – The light inside the room was poor.
Comfortable room, quiete, professional service
- + welcome and service quietness and location design and comfort
- – price of breakfast
Excellent all round
- + We had a problem with paying for the hotel, because of an error made by our bank, which was dealt with speedily and very sensitively. All staff were exceddingly helpful and welcoming from the moment we arrived until the the moment we checked out. Most enjoyable and we look forward to returning there on future visits.
- – None at all.
- + very helpfull personal
- – room too small for the kingsizebed.
Comfortable and beautiful, with helpful friendly staff
A good value and a clean, convenient hotel.
- + Great location. Helpful and friendly staff.
- – Very small room.
Deco Style, with service to match!
- + Good staff, helpful, friendly and informative. Easy access the centre of town, just that whiskers away from the hustle and bustle. Super architecture, pleasantly large rooms (if a little boring given the Hotelâs exterior and stained glass), incredibly comfy bed. A very relaxed place to stay in Amsterdam.
- – Only ânegativeâ is the room décor could be any âchainâ hotel, it is a pity the art deco style of the building is not replicated for guests! But this is a very minor quibble in what is an exceptional hotel.
- + absolutely perfect servis including staff
- + This hotel is located in the perfect spot. You are close to all the sites and you can walk almost anywhere in the city from this location in about 15 min. The staff very helpful and the room was excellent. The room did not have a view but for the price we paid and the fact that we were out of the room most of the time site seeing this was not a factor for us. We would rate this hotel as a 5 star. Would definitely stay at this hotel again the next vist.
- – Can't really think of any.
- + A VERY WELL KEPT HOTEL AND PERFECT LOCATION. I WILL BE BACK
- – THE AMERICAN TO EURO EXCHANGE. BUT STILL WORTH EVERY PENNY
- + The hotel is beautiful.
- – The front desk people tended to be snobbish. I felt that I was being coerced into spending too much money on a taxi because the woman who I spoke with at the front desk basically convinced me that I would miss my plane if I tried to take the shuttle. The place was just expensive compared to other hotels that I have stayed in in Europe and I felt rather taken advantage of.
- + We were celebrating our Ruby Wedding anniversary and had a room with a balcony and canal view which was excellent. The food was excellent but we did not have breakfast there because it was expensive. Very convenient for the tram stops.
- + great location.clean and comfortable.good bar/restaurant
- – bit costly
- + Clean, friendly, location
- – Breakfast was excellent, however the service was non-existent and the service was not organised at all.
- + The location is great! On Liedesplein square and on a canal. Perfect!
- – Price, but that's becuase the $ is down. Breakfast is expensive, but the Sports Cafe is around the corner and they have inexpensive breakfast, fast and friendly service.
- + Nice location. Great Service.
- – Small room , 170€ per night, it is harsh Breakfast is common, even poor. I would have expect more quality for such an hotel.
- + Old and very nice hotel. The staff was nice and very polite. Very nice area.
- – Expensive
- + checkout/checkin easy and friendly, restaurant good, service fine concierge friendly and useful, location good
- – Breakfast price shockingly high - would be cheaper to order a snack at same place. No porter on arrival to take bags to room or even up the stairs to the checkin. Too little information in room about the city - large books full of advertisements are difficult to assimilate. Take-away maps in rooms would be useful. Information about the tram/bus system would be useful. Room service knocking at the door at 8am is not necessary.
- + Great location, very good hotel service
- – Waiters at the hotel bar were not so kind though the food was good
- + Reception and concierge staff are welcoming, friendly and efficient. Those who assist with luggage and information about the city are exceptionally helpful. Thank you!
- + At reservation I asked for a room with canal view and I got it. Very nice hotel, art-deco style. Very good service. it is really worth the price!
- – Standard rooms are a bit small, but anyway really very nice.
- + Location: on Leidseplein, near to the tramway stop (three lines straight to Dam and Central Station). Room with view on the canal. Fitness canter.
- – Price. Room service not accurate. Excessive price of breakfast. No private parking and parking on the streets is crazily expensive.
- + Great location.
- – Smelt strongly of cigarettes.
- + To have a big balcony to sit out on was nice. Room was of a good standard.
- – No Amsterdam smoking product allowed on the premises (or big fine!)
- + very good hotel great location restaurant good but pricey and sevice a little slow concierge service excellent
- – retaurant pricey brekfast very expensive u can get brekfast in pub across road fantastic pubs name is hole in the waall irish pub mini bar prices are outrageous no residents bar
- + Very comfortable bed, noise minimal considering location
- – Squeeky floorboards!