- Note: 8.5 / 10 Score de 14 avis
Tous les commentaires sont effectués par nos clients après leur séjour à l'hôtel NH Barbizon Palace Amsterdam.
- + Comfort
- – I could not use my credit card since you don't ask for teh PIN. There was no free Internet in the room as is now usual in good hotels. This was extremely annoying to me. I was first given a room with much noise from the street. rooms should be better sound proof.
- * mon conseil Have free Internet available in each room as soon as you can. this is essential nowadays.
An excellent weekend break
- – We reported a fault in bathroom,two people looked at it but fault was not repaired
- * mon conseil Nice area,good staff,will return again
5 star only on paper
- + Location!!!!
- – Old standard room, on the small side for the money but ok. Pool and fitness area not open and I should have been warned, because I would not have stayed otherwise and now I am just a unhappy customer who will not come back.
Stayed at Barbizon before, stayed again this trip, and would do again.
- * mon conseil Hudson's Restaurant great food.
Comfort in the Tradition
- * mon conseil Breakfast
- + lovely hotel very clean and freindly plus get smoking room
- – the veiw could have been better but not really a problem
- * mon conseil lovely hotel very central rooms are beautiful room service excellent service
Customer Development Manager
- + Location
- – Shower
Feedback on NH Barbizon Palace
- + Very close distance to Amesterdam Centraal and Tourist Office
- – 5 star price but 2 star service level, lack of smile and feel of welcomeness by the staff at lobby area
Amsterdam weekend convenience
- + Close to the train station and Dam Square. Easy access from/to airport on the train. Very comfortable. I had an inside room that was very quiet this time. The rooms on the outside are also very nice. Electrical outlets were plentiful and conveniently located. Lots of good restaurants in close proximity in addition to the one in the hotel itself.
Charged more than guaranteed at Hotels.NL please refund the difference
- + Wonderfully friendly staff and good breakfast. Beautiful bathroom.
- – Beds need to be replaced-- my back hurt a lot after using yours.
Good Location, but in Need of some TLC
- + Good location, nice, well-appointed lobby.
- – Carpeting in hallways and rooms was old and in need of replacement. Very noisy outside hotel and in the hallways. Hard to sleep without using ear plugs.
Comfort and Convenience
- + Very close to Centraal Station - good connections to airport and other points of interest in the Netherlands. Easy walking distance to Dam Square and Amsterdam old town. I had a corner room with views overlooking a canal. The room was large, quiet and comfortable. Enough electrical outlets for charging cameras, cell phones and using laptop. Many good restaurant options nearby including the restautant at the hotel itself.
- – None
Great location and nice hotel for city center.
Friendly and Comfortable!
- + Location, location, location.. right across from Central Station and a short wall from everything you've come to Amsterdam to see and do! Staff are friendly and efficientand rooms are quiet and comfortable.
- – Quality has definately been cut back from previous stays..I guess that's the recession! Had to ask for coffee etc to be re-stocked on first night and never got proper refils for the remainder of the stay. Some problem with lifts which meant we waited 20 minues for one to arrive and nobody could find the stairs!? On way backup the staff brought us up in the service lifts instead.
Very nice but not 5 star
- + Great location and reasonably priced. Recommended.
- – Very nice but certainly not 5 star!
A nice hotel but a bit expensive.
- + Good location, nice size room, good service
- – Curtains did not fully cover the window, it was an effort to get through secondary glazing to open a window and then it was very noisy from the street outside, there was a broken biscuit under radiator (probably from previous guest). Room was booked as 'best available room' but check in person insisted that we had only booked a 'standard' room.
Faded and jaded - badly needs a facelift
- + Staff are friendly and helpful
- – Hotel is old and tired, rooms stink of old smoke, it is ridiculous to have internet free for only one half hour in lobby - guests should have unlimited free internet for a 5 star hotel. Why is there only one computer available in an elevator for printing boarding passes - again not 5 star hotel quality. How did you get your 5 star rating?
bel hotel de qualite
- – Chambre faite trop tard ( 17h45 )
Head of Sales
- + Excellant Reception / check-in, Junior Concweirge staff was very helpful;
- – Restaurant Staff couldn't care less
Good location but mediocre quality
- + Very conveniently located for Amsterdam Central Station
- – Rubbish shower. Noisey. Hot breakfast food was poor quality.
Very comfortable Hotel with very efficient friendly staff located besi
- + Location , Comfort, Service,
- – Room lighting could be brighter.
Good city break accomodation
- + Very close to the train station plus when work is being done on the train lines between Amsterdam and Schiphol airport (as it was yesterday), the pickup point for the bus that substitutes the train is right in front of the hotel. It's a short walk to Dam Square and the rest of the attractions. The staff is efficient and helpful. The rooms are comfortable.
At the beginning of central amsterdam
- + Convenient location; nice quiet rooms;
- – A bit outdated
- + The location is great with walking distance to the train station! The reception and the concierge, all teh staff were very friendly!
- – Cleaning is not 5 star! Specialy in the bath room. The gymnasium is expensive with sleepy staff who barely could look up!
Pleasant time in Amstredam
Convenience & luxury
- + Very close to Centraal Station and an easy walk to Dam Square. the hotel is convenient to sightseeing and restaturant and has a good restaurant itself.
- – None
Not up to standard.
- – Not enough soap or toilet paper. Had to ask for more. No hand towels provided. No hooks in bathroom Roof leaked in rainstorm in Room 448. Room was a good size but of very moderate standard. Economy hotel at a four or five star price. Restaurant was low standard.
- + Close to the train station providing easy access to the airport and other cities in the Netherlands. Easy walking distance to the tourist attractions in Amsterdam. Rental bikes and scooters available on site. The staff is very professional and efficient.
- – None
More improvement needed
- – Shower facility can be improve alot. TV can be changed to larger LCD. Free internet should be good for business man like us.
- + excellent service and position of hotel
- + People are nice, food ok.
- – The hotel is over priced and needs some up dating
Poor decor, furniture, sanitary ware not normal 5 star standards.
- + Location
- – Poor decor, furniture, sanitary ware not normal 5 star standards, needs upgrading or downgrading of rating.
Not a 5 star Hotel by any means
- + Goo location near to central station
- – It is supposed to be a 5 star hotel, but it looks more like a 3 star - dirty and old with moldy tiles in the bathroom and things generally in need of some refurbishment. It was also very noisy (with noise from outside) so you think they would give you some ear plugs or triple glaze the windows....but no!
3 star hotel masquerading as 5 star
- + Close to Central Railway Station. Impressive ground floor, good concierge service. Very comfortable beds.
- – Although there were 2 guests per room there was only enough toileteries and bath robes for 1 person. When contacted the Reception staff explained that the rooms were for single use only. There was no soap or extra pillows provided. The staff on Reception could be more helful. The bedroom was 3 star standard not 5 star.
locationand good service
- + early check in essential for flights from usa .friendly service central location quiet and secure good for amsterdam
- – rubbish tv linen towels and bed not of best quality considering the price iwould class as a good 3 star compared to usa but more expensive but its in holland and a prime location .
the hotel was sufficient for our needs of a business trip.
- – I didn't like the dinning tables laid out in the lobby .
Barbizon Palce is the most logical stay for the most discerning travel
- + Convenient check-in and check-out. Convenient location.
- – Couldn't change the thermostat of the aircon. It was too cold.
Great service, will come back again
- + During my stay I bought a designer plastic chair needed to be wrap by yr front desk people so I can check in at the airport. Yr people was so very helpful to wrap it so good & the chair arrived home safely w/o a single scratch. I really appreciate the honest help. Without their help, this chair can't never get into my house in Hong Kong as one of my collection.
One of the better hotels I have stayed in.
Excellent location, comfort
- + Friendly and helpful staff, comfortable rooms
- – Breakfast not exactly stunning! Not better than many much cheaper hotels.
Over Night visit
- + Guest services were great. I arrived early and they were able to find me a early check in room.
- – Breakfast could start a little earlier.
Beautiful, can't wait to visit again.
- + Close to Central Station, minutes walk to wonderful museums, restaurants, shopping, and of course world class coffee shops. The staff of the hotel were incredibly accommodating, helpful, they even helped improve my pronunciation of several phrases.
- – I honestly can't think of any.
A good convenient place to stay.
- + Very convenient for the railway station, being just a short walk away. Hotel is generally quiet and is well located to visit all the main sites of Amsterdam.
- – Rooms are looking a bit "tired" and could do with refurbishment.
Convenient,, clean, but do not count on a friendly welcome
- + The location, in walking distance of the hotel, is perfect. The hotel is very clean.
- – There is a lack of friendliness of the staff, in particular at the reception and at check out. This is the second time that I notice this.
Excellent position good offer on prices through this site
Perfect hotel in the heart of amsterdam
Staff was magnificient.
- + Staff was magnificient. On the ball, always willing to help.
- – Perhaps we missted it. If personnel could advise of additional services available.
Recommend this place
- + Location and service, awesome on both counts
- – If I mentioned something here I would be picking at straws
mini bar flaw
- – We were not informed on arrival that if you moved items in mini bar you would be charged for and had to pay a ridiculous amount for items not uses this system is very flawed and an absolute rip off
Friendly hotel in the middle of citylife.
- + Very nice, helpful and friendly staff. Good quality bathsoap is alwais nice to meet in a bathroom. The location to see the fun part of amsterdam is exellent. Very quit to bee in the centrum of citylife.
- – The bathroom needs a good scrub ones in a wile, skit and mold betwine the tiles. Internet should bee free in a 5 star hotel.
- + Central location. Good base to explore Amsterdam.
Very good location, pricing and bill handling
poor service and very noisy rooms, no sleep before 4 am
- – beds are too small for 2 people in a double room. Rooms at the back are very noisy due to nightlive.
- + I appreciate this very hotel, the staff is always friendly, attentive and competent.
my favorite hotel in amsterdam
- + location. good breakfast, smoking\unsmoking room, price
- – nothing
A very good place to stay.
- + Have stayed many times and always a pleasure. Excellent location and helpful, welcoming staff.
- – Lock on our room door was faulty, but was fixed very rapidly. Breakfast is much too expensive.
well located hotel with clean spacious rooms at a reasonable rate
- + Large room. Hotel is in a great location
- – Elevators somewhat worn. Very noticeable cigarette smoke in hallway outside my non-smoking room. Street/alley noise.
Review of NH Barbizon Palace - May 09
- + Good friendly service. Smoking rooms.
Everything nice but style not as modern as NH is used to be
- + Very relaxed and friendly. Staff were excellent.
- – Can't think of any!
Good hotel with great location
Good Hotel, excessive charges for 'peripherals'
- + Excellent location for metro and central Amsterdam. Rooms are fine although it can be noisy from outside, even though my room was at back away from main square.
- – Nearly 50Euro to park car overnight is ridiculous, as is 22Euro for breakfast. Lastly charging for wireless internet access in a 'business hotel' is simple extortion/sharp practice whichever way you look at it.
Excellent location, quiet room
Like the L'oreal ad says - you're worth it.....
- + Spaceous room. Friendly staff Great bar and very helpful staff in bar Choice of pillows were great.
- – Room either too hot or cold. Slightly dark - had to have lights on all time - not helping to reduce carbon footprint!
Fantastic service and a Great Hotel
- + This was a fantastic Hotel, when i come to revisit amsterdam again in the near future, this will be the hotel i will go back to. The staff are so friendly and helpfull and the rooms are spacefully and homely.
- – None has come to mind
Still satisfied after 4 years of loyalty.
- + the staff are exceptional and friendly.
- – this booking system is negative in the sence that my requests & comments like "Smoking Room" does not get read by the hotel.
very disappointed would not stay again
- + location the bed was great
- – the room was extremely dusty like no one had been in there to clean for over two weeks the iron handle at the bathroom was rusty when we were leaving no one bothered to ask how was our stay or to wish us a good trip home. They just swiped our credit card and that was it. That is unacceptable for a five star hotel When we called the reception at one time it took ages for someone to answer
Excellent Hotel will return
- + Great location, spacious clean room, good checkin, excellent service.
Overrated, any way you look at it!
- – the reception service was too neutral for the money you pay. we were given too small a room ( inside room) considering we had booked and paid so many months in advance
christmas weekend away
- + great location fantastic breakfast comfy room
- – no mention of car park booking prior to arrival as their are a limited number of spaces windows although shut let a lot of nightime noise in maybe double glazing would help a shame we were charged again for the breakfast upon departure even though it was supposed to be included in our room rate
Nice stay but carefull with minibar billing
- + Location nearby interest visiting point
- – We did not like the arrogance of the receptionist that asked us to cash the minibar bill at 10 o'clock of the last day of the year( pls note that we already paid the total amount of our stay)
Nice central hotel
Great hotel. Would recommend to a friend.
- + Easy to reach, great bed, good service.
Spacious hotel near everything
- + Spacious, clean, quiet room very well located in the city. Price not too unreasonable considering the local market.
- – Elevator key card access was very tricky. Clearer instructions that heating is by radiators located near the windows needs to be posted at the wall thermostat location. Bedside instruction card was missing. Breakfast buffet is too expensive--I went out to a restaurant.
Over All Good
- + The location is a very good location. Comfort - good. Service and security at night I like, day time too.
- – Price - It is a little on the pricey side but with the US dollar being lower, that could be the reason. Hygiene - I notice in our stay that on 2 occasion the floor was dirty. I also had to call to get more tissue sent to our room, due the cleaning lady not checking it.
- + Really Great!! First Trip To Amsterdam!!!
- – Cannot Smoke In Room.
- + Excellent hotel, extremely wee located and easy to reach.
Business Traveller, Global Account Manager
- + Best location in town.
- – oldish, not so modern funiture.
Lovely hotel, terrific staff - in delightful Amsterdam building
- + I really like the Barbizon, especially the staff who are always mega pleasant and very efficient.
- – well, this time my breakfast card (that I put on the door handle the night before) got lost so I had to call - and didn't end up getting any bread/butter/jam. But hey, mistakes happen.
Good value with some very nice touches
- + I thought that the room was lovely and spacious for a city centre location. I really liked the book of short shories - an excellent idea. I also liked the coffee making facilities. The soap was wonderful.
- – I was surprised that there was no hair conditioner particularly with the quality of the soap etc. it was disappointing.
Nice stay on a central spot, but not a cheap one
- + the location in the centre and spite of that a quiet room!
- – the price is high for a rather small room that is OK, but without very special luxury
It's all about location
- + Location, location, location.
- – Room 143 is above a bar and the music plays all night. Only use rooms above 2nd floor.
- + I have stayed here on several occasions ans the staff are very helpful.
- – My only real complaint is the quality of the breakfast and the ridiculous price that is charged for it. This is the main reason I never take meals in the hotel.
Good location, price/quality but some not solid service
- – Despite of booking a room for 2 persons there was only one bath accessory: (bathrobe, one pair of slippers, bast whisp, shampoo, toothbrush, etc.). Not trustworthy economy.
- + The service/personnel were extremely helpful! The breakfast/food was great too.
Luxury near debauchery
- + we were not informed that we would have to pay a 70 euro deposit on the room before they would let us check in. Room was upgraded and was lovely. Manager Brian was extremely professional, would definitly stay there again.
OK, but nothing special.
- + Convenient location. Rooms were clean. Reception staff were helpful.
- – Concierge was useless. Very small rooms.
Good but noisy
- + Overall good. Very good concierge service. Excellent restaurant bookings. Good breakfast.
- – Noisy room (nightclub outside friday night). Damaged wallpaper in one of the corners.
Location Location Location
- + I found the staff really helpful but the major plus was the location and the breakfast was great.
- – A bit noisy and it was fairly expensive.
"A romantic night to remember"
- + Cleanliness, friendly staff, efficiency. Rooms very comfortable, had a very good nights' sleep. Thank you.
- – breakfast....lack of service, difficult to "find" different items, resulting in a "walk-about cold breakfast" Price totally out of proportion to what is offered......transalted means...not 5-star!
Would definately stay here again.
- + Excellent service & friendly staff, great location. This was our 2nd stay here would definately use this hotel again.
all the fine details covered and then some
- + the welcome message on the tv, all the included toiletries, the concierge, the bedtime stories book
Highly recommended. Look for special offers!
- + Great location. Fantastic bar area. Stylish entrance and lobby. Big room. Excellent breakfast - must be the best in town. Everything you could imagine was included in the fantastic buffet! Breakfast until 12 on Sundays. Late check-out until 5 pm on Sundays.
- – Rooms need to get up to date. Interior is old-fashioned compared to the stylish lobby and bar area.
- + Very expensive hotel and not really a five star hotel. Rooms are very small !!
- – Rooms were not always clean.
A fabulous hotel worth that little bit extra
- + lift pass swift booking in service great staff happy cleaners iron in room
- – cost of mini bar
you are doing a prtty good job,keep it going
- + My stays in nh hotels generally are good. The Barbison I like more than the rest of the nh's in Amsterdam
Good but should offer internet as standard
- + Very good restaurant.
- – Charge too much for internet. Skip the towels and supply the net.
exceptionally enjoyable stay - I'd come back
- + Outstanding service. Friendly staff. Good amenities all around.
- – The bed - it was much too soft for me so I put blankets down on the floor and slept there. Maybe you could get foam mattresses like Tempurpedic I have at home.
- + Location Staff friendliness Bathroom - toiletries & tub Bed
- – There wasn't a single thing I didn't like about this hotel.
- + Exelent atmosphere and I find the art on walls everywhere so very god and interesting. The room and service everywhere were also so nice. A Hotel with high standard on everything and I will warmly recomend this hotel and thanks to all working people at the hotel. They made the visit even more plesant. Thank you for wonderful days in a wonderful city. Yours cincerely Ulla Sjöström
- – Non exept that the hotel were so interesting with the historic church peaces and I saw an interesting wall and floor from the church the first day at the hotel but the next day I could not find it any more. I have to come back and solv that.Very very interesting was this mixture of old and new and a very clever built house. This is plus all, exept I did not find the floor the second time.
- + The staff ( including your security and porter ) were very helpful when we had an incendent regarding the loss of our bank cards, your room service was very prompt, reasonably priced and the location was very central and we felt very safe and secure during our stay.
- – None
- + Good location
- + Location great, people freindly
- + Great location near Centraal Station and the city areas in general.
- + Great location, very convenient to Dam square and Central station. The check-in staff were helpful and friendly
- – The room we were in was not very large, room only price was slightly expensive, for the price one would have expected breakfast
- + Excellent location. Helpful friendly staff. Excellent breakfast.
- – Delux room 433 - quite small and dark. Poor location of room (no view of square)
- + Good and friendly service, especially from the concierge.
- – The bathroom was quite old and the tub not the best to take a shower in.
- + The location. Room Service. Professional staff (Not the reception though)
- – There was drillings in the hotel (renevation) , i could hear everything in my room when i was still sleeping in the morning! (It's a JOKE in a 5 stars hotel) One of the bathrobes i had in the room had a huge stain on the arm and was presented to me like "fresh & clean" One of the elevators didn't work for the 5th floor! So i had to call it , send it to the 4th floor and grab the other one while it's on the run! The staff at the reception (Daniela) wasn't professional enough to understand that there's been a miscommunucation with the company that i booked the room from and since the room wasn't prepaid , i've been bothered for 3 days on and off for this issue and the nagging stopped after i threw 2000 euros on the counter in the reception (!) I don't think i'll stay at your Hotel again. These kind of things NEVER happened to me at GRAND K. NH and NH city Centre.
- + Near station
- – Very expensive breakfast - even charge for cornflakes! Restaurant not very inviting.
- + Incredibly good location
- – Room old and tatty
- + The staff was very friendly, helpful, and well informed. Thank you.
- – The room was not really spacious, you could hardly move when you have some luggage with you.
- + Nice staff, Nice rooms
- – Expencive minibar, expencive bar.
- + great hotel/location/staff
- + location
- – thought the rooms would be a bit more classy.
- + The service is excellent - helpful yet unobtrusive. The deluxe rooms and suites are also rather good (I think the standard rooms are too small)
- – None really
- + very service minded and pleasant stay :)
- + staff are lovely, place is spotless, very close to railway station and Damrak. This is my second time this year staying here
- – none really, bed was hard to get used to as it was very soft - not really a minus point though
- + Was a very relaxing time. Personnel are very helpful. I highly recommend this hotel. It is kept in pristine condition, and all facilities are available. The shuttle to and from the Airport was also spot on like like all dutch transport systems. Location is just perfect to access all the main shopping and cultural centers. Also, it is in a very secure area. Highly recommended!
- – Well not really a minus but just to nit pick..... the bathtub cannot accommodate two people at one go! :) :) would have been nicer to have the tub a touch bigger for other purposes then bath lol :):)
- + Staff was very good
- – Had a room 276 near the elevator. The room was noisy and you could hear the elevator going up and down all night long as well as some of the people are not very quiet when getting off.
- + Excellent Location, Great hotel, good service Sunday special is just great to enjoy
- – Breakfast 25 Euro per person totally exaggerated The cards for the lift did not function, even after multiple replacements
- + - the location is great - very friendly and discrete staff - Hygiene - excellent; Towels and sheets were changed daily
- – - although we were a couple, we had only one bathrobe- but this is insignificant :) - breakfast is too expensive
- + Perfect location but a little pricey this stay.
- – Had a hard time getting door to lock. Had to slam door in order for it to latch. Heard some other guests having the same problem.. It made for a noisy stay.
- + The location is excellent for visiting the city.
- – The the furnishings and finish of the room was not up to five star standard
- – My only real problem was the shower head was broken, but was only there for one night, so had a bath. Very nice :)
- + Great hotel and very attentive staff always willing to help with any kind of question.
- + generally - above average and will use next time in Amsterdam
- – Nil
- + it was our first time going to amsterdam so we were looking for a hotel near to every thing and we found it off the train and across the road it was great.
- + Location is excellent, we found a great room rate otherwise would of been to expensive.
- – Breakfast far to expensive
- + Location is great, the beds are very comfortabable. The service was very good when things needed to be fixed in the room as well as for helping locating resteraunts for fine dining.
- – Room service food was not good and expensive. Was not able to use telephone for room service or calling front desk. The room was not cleaned properly two days out of our stay. Tea kettle and hair dryer were not working properly. Need a coffee pot in room as well.
- + Very good location quiet romms
- – Too expensive breakfest (25 EUR per person)
- + Excellent breakfast buffee. Good underground parking with fast service.
- – Elevator out of order but no sign. Shower in one room very poor water flow.
- + excellent location, comfortable room, nice toiletries, liked dressing gown & slippers
- – very expensive for the room we had, although i've heard there are better rooms. bad smell when walking in!
- + Everything very good.
- – Room service menu OK but slightly limited. Could do with adding 2 - 4 more choices.
- + Excellent service from front desk staff. Very nice breakfast.
- – While the central location was good, the noise level was occasionally too intense (eg at 3:00 am!)
- + Location...ideal for Central Station
- – None
- + Very good location. Staff always very pleasant, helpful and friendly.
- – Room 208 was cold and there did not appear to be any way of warming it up. In addition the bed was not comfortable in that there was no support in the centre so that we tended to roll together during the night, making it difficult to sleep. My wife and I have stayed in your hotel many times and this is the first time that we have had cause to complain. I would suggest installing a new mattress.
- + Staff were extremeley polite and helpful. Beds extremely comfortable and the nice menu you got to choose your pillows and duvets from was very good!
- – No ventiliation or even any small windows able to be opened which meant room smelt very smoky.
- – THIS HOTEL IS DESCIBED AS FIVE STAR THIS IS NOT THE CASE. THE HOTEL IS A GOOD-AVERAGE 4 STAR. THIS IS NOT A 5* HOTEL.
- + most staff were very kind and helpful, internet voucher a nice touch
- – carpet had holes, pretty tacky
- + the lifts -
- – the lifts -
- + Location- exellent Very nice room
- – Airport hsuttle is not for free - 12 Euro (Train is 3.60) Gym costs extra !!!!!
- + Really good room my girlfriend was very impressed. Room 205 rocks! Thanks!
- – Didn't stay long enough.... maybe next time :)
- + Our room (306) was excellent. An inside room with cathedral ceiling was quiet. Also, the free 15 minutes of internet was very helpful. Location close to central station was very good.
- – Our previous stay 2 weeks before (August 1) was very poor. We had room 5 on the canal which was very noisy and we couln't sleep. We did not reply to that survey.
- + The best thing I can say about your hotel was that the location was good
- – Information about the hotel or any offers was limited. The room was one of the worst I have ever stayed in,I have stayed in 2 star accommodation with better rooms. no room to hang cloths 6 coat hangers and the wardrobe was full, ceiling very low, shower I could not stand up straight, I dislodged one of the ceiling panels while showering, the out look was at at wall, and the room was very dark even with all the lights on. I was informed on booking this hotel that I would be supplied the best room available, this did not happen there were better rooms available, we did complain both on arrival and on departure
- + Near everything station and metro
- – vue. no windows could open in a smoking room ;)
- + Facilities, Location, staff are excellent - I have stayed at the hotel a few times and would certainly stay again the next time I travel to Amsterdam
- – The room was a little warm and I had to sleep with a window open.
- + Clean and spacious rooms. The most courteous and professional staff I've ever encountered at a hotel. Location, location, location!!
- – Real shower curtains would be a nice addition, or at least a glass door that encloses the whole shower.
- + Spacious room, good location for exploring Amsterdam. Innovative toiletries provided.
- – Quite a bit of street noise heard in room during the night.
- + Great Price
- – Rack rate a bit high, but the internet rate was great!
- + Actual location of the hotel next to central station and the surrounding area is very good
- – Our room overlooked a side street which was very noisy during the night and severely disturbed our sleep
- + Great Location, just opposite railway station. I stayed there only for 1 night hence never bothered about the other facilities. Room was nice, big & comfortable. Reception staff very good.
- + I really enjoy the location of the hotel and usually have a better experience.
- – At check-in I was told that no rooms were available but then my colleague was given a room. When I did get a room it was extremely loud and was difficult to change to a quieter one. Internet service is very expensive.
- + This was my fisrt stay at the Barbizon Palace and I was very pleased with the cleanliness and class at the place.
- – My requested double bed (as opposed to joined 2 singles) did not materialise so unfortunately I must mark it down as a negetive.
- – The matress was not 5 star quality. I have been in many NH, the matress quality is one of their best things and was really surprised by this one. too soft and not a good structure to support it. My back has suffered.
- + great reception area
- – cafe staff not very helpfull and seem slighly un-organised I had an unpleasant experience when placing an order for coffee
- – There are no shower curtains in the bathroom, just pieces of plexi-glass that are hinged on to the wall. This causes lots of water to splash onto the floor. Just do what normal hotels do, and put full glass doors or just a real shower curtain.
- – no breakfast included in the price
- + good location deluxe room was good size
- – view from deluxe room a little disappointing
- + The front desk is very courteous and helpful. The location is great!
- – I went into the bathroom and there were long dark hairs around the bathtub floor. Housekeeping was not on duty and someone came up and took some toilet paper and wiped them up. I gave the young man at the concierge my luggage tickets for my daughter and myself. He put the luggage on a cart and then an older man put them in the taxi. When we arrived at Schipol, my larger piece of luggage was missing. I took a train back to Central Station and went back to the hotel and there in the luggage room sitting on the lower shelf was my luggage all by itself. I told the older gentleman that my luggage tag was on it and that they had the other tag and that this was a big inconvenience. I didn't even get an apology. I then had to take the train back to Schipol. I was not going to pay 90 Euros roundtrip for a taxi for something that should have been right to begin with.
- + If you like being so close to drunks at night and the Red Light District this is for you.
- – I am an airline pilot and practically live in hotels. I am very aware of what a 5 star hotel is and what a 3 star hotel is. This is definitely not a five star hotel. Location is opinion and it could have been better/quieter. The Red Light District borders this hotel and our room was noisy most of the night because it was above two gay bars (I asked for a quiet room). There was mold on the wall in the shower and some on the ceiling. For the money, ($280 Eu/nt.) we should not have delt with any of that. This is almost a four star hotel.
- + near to the station, only few steps, and RLD
- – it seems a 4 stars more than a 5. I book this hotel only whith special promotion
- + Very comfortable beds. Excellent breakfast.
- – Bath towels a bit tired - could do with some new ones. No wines in the mini-bar. I thought the hotel was a bit expensive for what it offered.
- + Hotel was very clean and comfortable. I would stay there again in the future though note that you must pay for the services of the fitness center and steam rooms unlike other hotels where they are included in the price of the stay---also great location.
- + Early entry Holding luggage for a few hours after check-out
- + Location
- – Room "delux" room was very cold at night and I had to ask for an extra fan heater. I do not expect this from a five star
- + Excellent public areas and restaurants. This raises the expection of the visitor who is disappointed with the rooms
- – Extremely small single room. Far too hot. Creaking bed every time one turns over - should be replaced. Breakfast card not collected in the evening so no breakfast in room. Reception staff not really interested.
- + Location is excellent.
- – no breakfast included in room price (which is not cheap)
- + Excellent Concierge. Great Location .
- – Beds way to soft. I wouldnt class this Hotel as a five star , more like a good 4 star hotel .
- + Good location, the concierge booked us a good restaurant one night and the reception staff were very pleasant
- – the breakfast was not good - the bread was no more than average, an omelette was quite 'rubbery' and melon somewhat sour. When we arrived, the safe was closed, there was only one dressing gown and one pair of slippers, and we only received the forther dressing gown. The level of the ceiling over the bath was too low for my husband to stand up in the shower. There was too much smoke in the foyer which percolated into the lifts - you need some air conditioning. the cleaning staff had a habit (on 2 days we were there ) of coming into the room early - just after 8am one day and just before 9am another. We then put do not disturb sign out, but had not done so because we had ordered room service breakfast.
- + Excellent service and the best location
- – Spa not open in an evening and had to pay extra for it.
- + This is the 2nd year running I have stayed in the same hotel and in fact the same room (upon request) Helpful and friendly staff. Excellent service.
- + Centrally located, clean and comfortable
- – Breakfast not included with the price
- + Took the deluxe room which was well worth the extra money.
- – Bar is a little souless. Mini bar was stangely absent from its cupboard. Did not need to use it on this occasion so did not detract from our stay.
- + Good overall sservice
- – No Emgergency cord if wheelchair user falls out of chair. Some light/Thermostat switches are hard to access Obstruction in bathroom. I.E towl rails near sink and unable to get chair beside tiolet, which has no support rail. Beds Very soft. Lift button set very High.
- + Location is excellent. Friendly and helpful staff.
- – Bar prices.
- – 1. I explicitly asked the lady at the reception to get me a room with a channel view - but I never received one without any comments 2. apples next to elevators have not been refilled for some days
- + friendly, helpful staff
- – quite expensive for breakfast, although an excellent choice of foods.
- + + great location + very good service + comfortable rooms + would stay there again
- – - breakfast was crowded and could have been a bit better for the price. - ridiculously expensive internet service
- + Top notch service and location - very few rooms where outside noise is a distraction.
- – If you have a room overlooking the Molly McGuire, it can be a little noisy at night
- + Very clean, staff polite and helpful. This was a social visit to Amsterdam but we do visit The Netherlands often on business and will consider this hotel for future visits to Amsterdam.
- + The location was perfect
- – I thought the quality of the room did not justify the price. Also i was given a room next to a very busy street and i was awakened several times during the night because of the noise.
- + Staff was GREAT, I ask for a smoking room after I already checked in and the lady moved me no problem. I also got a ride from the hotel driver (Freddy) THE BEST driver I have ever had in any country I have visited. Very helpful and friendly. A+ to the staff and Freddy.
- + Easy walking distance to everywhere. Near to the main station.
- – Our room was above a bar at the side of the hotel so there was a little noise.
- + Location
- – Front desk staff, no info about express check-out option or breakfast. Room was very small and a stairs from the bed to the bathroom was actually dangerous. Bar very unfriendly, very expsice. Two TV's with football and background at a loud volume made is very uncomfortable
- – This time I came for my wife birthday we had a water problem at the both room (we had only very hat water impossible to take a shower)the problem was ignored by the hotel for more than 24 hours and only after third time of explanation and argue we had received a second room only for taking a shower
- + Close to Central Station and Dam Square. Comfortable, quiet rooms.
- – None
- + lovely hotel
- + Friendliness, hospitality
- + The employees were kind and helpful. The location was great. I liked the bath products.
- – I read this was a 5 star hotel. The room decor and bath facilites were a bit on the tatty side. More in line with a 3 star hotel.
- – advance payment can't open windows loud
- + We enjoyed a very good night's sleep before our onward journey.
- – We left a small package of special shampoo and soap at the front desk for friends of our's staying in the hotel when we left early in the morning. They were staying for two more days. They never received the package. I hope the hotel staff enjoyed the shampoo and soap.
- + Great location, very polite staff.
- – Breakfast stopped at 10:30 and I arrivedat 10:33 and was refused ! You are 1 hour ahead so it felt like 9:30 to me !!
- + Location, Service, Hygiene, Room service
- – the window in my room was not so perfect doesnt close very well, and with my room key I was close out of my room for two times. I think that the time for the chek in it is impossible for travellers (3 p.m.)
- + centraly located, easy access to train and city center. Accomidation superb and staff very helpfull and friendly.
- – Streetvery busy just outside hotel, with tram lines etc.
- + Clean, friendly, relaxing, reasonable and outstanding location.
- + Its very well located for tourists being opposite central station and tram stops,and also near shopping streets and boat canal tour points.We had a lovely view of Amsterdam.The staff were very helpful and smiling and we loved the way our baggage was brought up to and down from our room by the concierge.
- + LOCATION, FRIENDLY AND KIND STAFF
- – THE PRICE IS TOO HIGH. I DON'T THINK THAT THIS WAS A 5STAR SERVICE!! BREAKFAST MUST INCLUDED AT THIS PRICE.
- + location
- – price
- + ..smoked anyways and no one seemed to care, great location and the restaurant is probably the best in amsterdam
- – asked for a smoking room and got a non smoking one
- + good paintings
- + front door man, Renaldo, went out of his way to help and assist even on his own time - should be promoted to run this hotel
- – inflexible and uncaring front desk and management; no connecting rooms and no parking (car too tall)
- + Our stay at the NH Barbizon Palace was without question the highlight of our trip. We look forward to future visits.
- + - location supurb; - rooms in good style; - room service excellent.
- – - mostly the only contact with personnel is during checking in and out: the person at the reception counter should focus on the guest and not answer phones and so while he/she is helping you; - cards in elevators do not work well; - breakfast is too expensive.
- + Outstanding hotel...I will definitely return.
- + Excellent hotel. Room very comfortable and good design, with very pleasant view. Would recommend to friends.
- + Excellent service, good comfortable rooms, great room service and fantastic location. Couldn't have asked for more.
- – It was a couple of months ago now we stayed at your hotel but as far as I can remember there were no minus points.
- + Hotel Location Good Bar, efficient staff
- – Not enough choice on restaurent menu. Room oulook poor (just above canal level)
- + Room next to canal was great
- – your excellent restaurant was closed for much of our stay - we had looked forward to another meal there!
- + Great location. Nice lobby. Good restaurant.
- – Poor quality room.
- + Great location and great staff. I would certainly return!
- + I had a very enjoyable and relaxing stay, the location is excellent, and the service I received also.
- – None to mention!
- + Very clean, pleasant room. Did not have a chance to dine in the evening, but did enjoy breakfast. Location a plus, as it is just across the road from the railroad station, and close to tram lines. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.
- + comfort!!!! have never had as good a nights a nights sleep in my life before. Very spacious room also.
- – you almost get what you pay for.... almost.
- + The breakfast was awesome.
- + Location directly across from the train station eliminated the need for a taxi trips when coming from the airport, even with luggage.
- – A bit of street noise (our room faced the street), but that was a fair trade off for the location. I originally thought the gym was part of the hotel price and was disappointed to find it was an add-on fee. I ended up not using the gym at all.
- + Central in Amsterdam Parking (a little costful !)
- – No one
- + Good location
- – Arrogant reception staff. Overpriced for service delivered
- + parking facilities
- – room quite small
- + Great Local
- – Expensive.
- + We cycled from England. At first your doorman was a little off - he didn't want our bicycles, but after we explained he was really good about storing them in the luggage room.
- + The staff were friendly and very helpful
- – The decor in our room was very tired and gloomy and needed updating.Soundproofing needed upgrading also as you could hear a lot of noise from the street below
- + I was looking for a central location in the city and this met my objectives. I have booked many AMS hotels thru you in the past-all business trips but found this hotel to be outstanding. Nice job. Thank you
- + staff 1st class very helpfull, defo stop again
- – none
- + great hotel, great location (everything you want to visit is on walking distance, close to railwaystation)
- – parking fee is in front of the hotel. I expected a lower rate
Goed hotel en prima bedden . Mooi centraal gelegwen.
- + Mooi in het centrum. Je zit overal dichtbij
- – Ontbijt te duur € 26,00 per persoon is niet normaal, zoveel eet je 's morgens niet.
Zeer goed en comfortabel hotel; uitstekende ligging tov station
- – De bedkussens vonden wij te dik. Dit is niet bevordelijk voor een goede nachtrust.
- * mon conseil Voor de muziek liefhebber: ga genieten van een concert in het concertgebouw. Fantastisch.
prima amsterdam experience op toplocatie in city centre
- + Klantgerichtheid
- + balie service.
- – oud en gehorig
keine 5-Sterne wert
- + + Lage: Bahnhofsnähe + freundliches Personal
- – - Preis/Leistung - Einrichtung für Preis nicht 5 Sterne würdig - mangelnde Kommunikation zwischen Housekeeping und Rezeption (Zimmer wurde uns als frei zugewiesen; lt. Housekeeping war Zimmer allerdings noch belegt; Rezeption meinte dann, das Zimmer wäre aber frei; lt. Housekeeping war Zimmer aber dann nicht geputzt; nachdem Chefin des Houskeepings alles geklärt hatte, konnten wir eine Stunde später das Zimmer beziehen) - Fenster ließ sich nicht 100% schließen; dadurch Lärm von den St
- + centrale ligging ,geen geluidsoverlast
- – geen gezellig restaurant[ weinig mensen]
- + prima locatie
- – warme kamer; niet mogelijk om raam te openen; smal bed en lawaaierig
Rooms are 4 star quality, everything else 5 star
- + Lobby area and Restaurant are pretty nice and modern
- – Rooms are not up to 5 star level, rather 4 star. Bathrooms need to be refurbished. Not even a flat screen TV in a 5 star hotel. Otherwise quite comfortable and very quiet.
- + Dicht bij Centraal Station;.aanbeveling voor iedereen. Tevens centrum op loopafstand. Personeel zeer vriendelijk en behupzaam, ontbijt uitmuntend.
- – Heb geen minpunten kunnen ontdekken.
Keine Rechtferigung für 5 Sterne Kategorie
- + Lage, schöne Lobby
- – service comfort alte zimmerausstattung, zu weiches und kleines bett für zwei (1,20), keine berücksichtigung der erbetenen Leistungen. Beim Frühstück muss man die Servicekräfte suchen. Laut, die Chance auf ein ruhiges Zimmer stehen 50:50. aus meiner sicht max. 4 Sterne Hotel, die Rechtferigung für 5 Sterne sehe ich wirklich nicht.
Goed en comfortabel hotel, lekker centraal gelegen.
- + Zeer vriendelijk personeel, goed ontbijt, prima locatie
- – Heb ik niet
- + + ligging bij centraal station, zeedijk en warmoesstraat + ruime kamer en badkamer + grote badlakens
- – - warm op de kamer (heef ventilatiesysteem te weinig vermogen?) - kille jaren tachtig badkamer - de douche, die zich in de badkuip bevindt, heeft weinig waterdruk.
prima voor reizigers met openbaar vervoer
- + Ligging t.o.v. Centraal Station en stadscentrum; uitstekende verbindingen. Het ontbijt was perfect en in een echte historische omgeving.
- – Althans onze De luxe kamer vroeg aanzienlijke upgrading om de prijs/kwaliteitverhouding in evenwicht te brengen. Het ontbijt is wél aan de prijs!
Luxueus hotel in hartje Amsterdam.
- + - parkeerplaatsen voor de wagen - ideale lokatie (station) - ruime kamers (vooral ruime badkamer)
- – We hadden een kamer op 3de verdieping: met bagage enkele trapjes op. Voor jonge mensen geen probleem, maar ik veronderstel dat het voor de ietwat oudere vakantieganger niet zo gemakkelijk is.
luxe hotel op een pracht lokatie
- + de kussens sliepen heerlijk, ontbeit was prima, goede service
- – nachtlamp was stoffig en aan rechterkant kon je niet alle lampen bedienen en links wel..
Mooi, maar prijzig hotel.
- + Schitterende locatie. Mooie hal en entree. Mooie badkamer.
- – Kamerprijs fors. Parkeren duur; € 47.50 per etmaal. Ontbijt kost € 23.- p.p. Kamer beetje oubollig; krakkemikkige tv.
Om nog eens te doen!
- + Ondanks de drukke ligging,wel prima zo dicht bij het station,weinig geluidsoverlast.We konden al vroeg ,10.30 u in de kamer en pas om 1700u uitchecken ,prima service!
Wider Erwarten keine Parkmöglichkeit!
- – Parkplatz zwar vorhanden, aber nicht für alle Gäste, das wurde nirgends erwähnt, mussten auf Parkhaus in der Stadt ausweichen, 50€ pro Tag extra einrechnen! Zumal der hoteleigene Parkplatz ebenfalls "kostenlos für 50€" beworben wurde. Was denn nun? Kostenlos oder ebenfalls 50€? Sorgt für Frust! Desweiteren nichts für ruhige Gemüter, laut!
Heerlijke locatie voor een ontspannen uitvals haven in Amsterdam
- – Bij binnenkomst, onfrisse lucht in de ontvangsthal, rioollucht??
Prijs/kaliteit is ok
- + Parkeerplaats auto(wel heel duur)
- – bij aankomsr parkeren.
ligging oke, doch slaapcomfort minder
- + ligging
- – twee persoonsbed veel te klein op de site is een garage gemeld, echter de auto was blijkbaar te breed hiervoor
goed hotel, iets te duur
- + centraal gelegen, vriendelijk personeel
- – inrichting hotel oogt wat onpersoonlijk, best room available is standaard kamer
KLASSE HOTEL AANBEVOLEN
- + PARKEREN VAN DE AUTO
- – Bed veel te smal