- Note: 8.4 / 10 Score de 612 avis
Tous les commentaires sont effectués par nos clients après leur séjour à l'hôtel Hotel Washington Amsterdam.
Bel hôtel proche du centre et confortable
- + Très bonne adresse, près du centre. Lits très confortables et petit déjeuner copieux.
- – Voisins du dessus bruyants.
- + the room,eventhough it was in the basement, was very nicely decorated and had two nice curtained windows.
- – I could hear people walking in the breakfast area above.
A nice place
- + Very nice team and neighboorhood
- – Room in the basement
Very nice place for family or couple in a quiet neighborhood
- + All time acces to the hotel thanks to the card Very good breakfeast Quiet neighborhood and not far Musem Friendly staff
- + Propriétaires très aimables et serviables. Séjour très agréable.
Great apartment, private garden
- + Really nice apartment, stayed in the apartment for 2-4 people. had four beds, living room, kitchen and a big private terrace (for smoking whatever you wish).
- – Not very clean, found other peoples garbage under the bed. but besides that it was great.
A very good choice
Very good & friendly Hotel !
- + Nice Hotel, great location and friendly personnel. Bonus point for the breakfast! We will come back!
perfect week end!
- + good location, good service( welcoming, infos about amsterdam, rental bikes..), good and various breakfast
- – steep stairs... but always that in amsterdam
Nice little hotel in peaceful surroundings
- + The location was peaceful and breakfast was nice. The stuff is friendly. It s easy to go to central city with trams (10-15 mins), trams stops are very near (ca. 150 m). You can walk to Rijksmuseum in few minutes. There was an electric kettle in the room with some instant coffee and tea.
- – The room got a bit warm on hot day, but window was large enough to cool it down in evening. Tap was really loose in bathroom. Stairs are really steep and may be a problem with elderly people, specially with luggage.
- * mon conseil There is a little shop with fresh fruits etc. really close. I recommend to buy tram tickets which are valid max 72 hours and you can use them as much as you want. They are also valid in local buses. It costs only about 15 for 72 hrs. Best way to travel around the city. )
Good location - renovated rooms
- + Within walking distance of the Museumplein on the one side, of bars and restaurants on the other side room clean and convenient.
- – Very steep stairs, if you are above the second floor, don t think of forgetting something in your bedroom when you re going out. Shared shower small. Noise insulation between rooms not so good.
Great Location Very Quaint
- + The hotel is close to the museums, the Hard Rock Cafe and Casino (if that is something that interests you.), to the bus tour, river cruise. It was easy to walk to these places as long as you watch out for the bicycles It is also close to a tram stop so you don t have to walk far to initially get there.
- – The only bad thing was the room was cold. It still has the high ceilings from being a house, the windows leaked cold air, and the radiator wasn t able to provide enough warmth.
- + Perfect service, very good breakfasts, perfekt situation,
- – tearing up stairs,
Short stay small room gr8 for one person
- + Silent hotel.
- – Internet connection, pay for it
- * mon conseil Nice girls just across the bridge.
- + Very nice and always fresh breakfast. Traditional decoration inside. Close to city centre and RAI where we were exibiting.
- – No parking. No free wi-fi.
- * mon conseil Free wi-fi. It is so popular now that hotels have free wi-fi that I was very suprised we didn t get it. With RAI being so close I think it is very important for guests.
- + Very nice and always fresh breakfast. Traditional decoration inside. Close to city centre and RAI where we were exibiting.
- – No parking. No free wi-fi.
- * mon conseil Free wi-fi. It is so popular now that hotels have free wi-fi that I was very suprised we didn t get it. With RAI being so close I think it is very important for guests.
Most unexpensive and convenient hotel
- + Very helpful staff :) and very near museums and tram stops.
- – No elevator with veeeery steep stairs. Expensive parking.
A simple yet comfortable, tidy and good value-for-money place
- + very friendly and helpful staff, it was quiet, clean and tidy, just one stop from Shiphol airport so as little as 7 minutes and close to the trainstation to get easily to Amsterdam Centraal
Cosy old town house a short walk from the Museumplein
- + Cosy, clean, quiet and very convenient for the museums. A memorably good apple at breakfast plus polite and attentive service.
- – Lighting and arrangement of the mirror in the bathroom slightly awkward and shower a bit feeble. For some reason, for two nights out of three, my bed was made with the duvet tucked in sideways, but easy enough to turn it round.
- * mon conseil Have free fun conducting the virtual orchestra on the pavement outside the Concertgebouw, or just watch someone else doing it.
Amsterdam is a busy, but nice city! We will come back!
- + Good location!
- – The hotel should inform the guest about the steps in the hotel. They were very,very steep!
- * mon conseil Bike with guide! Yellow bikes! The restaurant by the Van Gogh museum
- + comfort
- – staircases
my recent stay
- + good location quiet at night
- – beds are really soft
- + good sized room, really good shower, quiet at night
- – beds are really soft, bathroom door wouldn't close
everything was ok
- + the location
Probably one of the best hotels in town
- + This hotel might be one of the best ones in town. I imagine it being very hard to get a similar well equipped hotel room for that price. The rooms are very clean and quite newly furnished, the staff is helpful and it takes a 30-40 minute walk to the center through a nice part of the city. The location is a quiet neighbourhood but it's only a five/ten minute walk to a bar/cafe/restaurant area. The small double room at the top floor is very nice, the bed is a real double and the mattress is a lit
- – Not good for people who are physically handicapped cause the stairs are quite narrow and steep - this is quite normal for dutch houses though. :)
- + sfeervol hotel
- – er is meer werk voor de schoonmaker dan wordt gedaan
- * mon conseil vanalles te doen in de buurt en de tram is om de hoek, dus zit je ook zo in het centrum
Great Small Hotel!
- + Great location, quiet street, top floor rooms have incredible view of roof lines of the city. Lots of great light! We loved this place, and will stay here again!
- – Small room is quite small. You must be able to navigate lots of stairs, as there is not an elevator.
- * mon conseil Fabulous restaurant just around the corner!
Prima hotel voor een kort verblijf in Amsterdam-centrum.
- + Goede prijs- kwaliteit-verhouding. Rustig gelegen in een mooie wijk.
- – Een nieuw matras kan binnenkort geen kwaad.
Affordable hotel with great location, and small room.
- + Affordable price, good walking location to the museumplein and the pijp neighborhood. Great breakfast buffet, and friendly helpful staff.
- – We were in the attic room, a little cramped, but all we needed really. Have to pay for wifi, 5euro for whole stay.
- * mon conseil We rented bikes, great fun!!
Good Location & Friendly Staff
- + Great location, close to museums and tram but on a nice quiet street. The breakfast was reasonable each morning.
- – Our room was up 4 flights of narrow stairs, which was fine for us, but one should be aware of that if they would find the stairs difficult.
for young people with limited budget
- + we were able to negogiate breakfast to start at 7.15 as we were in a hurry to a meeting
- – breakfast starts late at 8 o´clock very steep staircase, no elevator noise from nearby trams
for a budget hotel it's quite okay
- + I liked the friendly service
- – single rooms are very small.
- + Friendly service, spacious room, comfortable bed and ensuite. Great location with public transport (tram) just around the corner as well as some great pubs.
Charming hotel in Amsterdam
- + This charming hotel is well located (nice, quiet area), ultra clean and personel very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is excellent with a good variety of choices. My room size was perfect for me, very comfortable in every way. Would definitely come back!
- – None
A very friendly family run hotel with great location.
- + Excellent location, mintues from museum area, tram stop just outside the hotel; good breakfast; very friendly staff; spacious rooms.
- – No lifts; can be a little noisy unless you have a room facing the back garden; beds are little old.
Wonderful, quaint hotel with great service and a fantastic location.
- + The friendliness of the staff is outstanding. The rooms are quite cramped, but sufficient. The breakfast is great. Location is amazing. It is quaint in a very nice way.
- – My room was very small. With children staying in different rooms, it became noisy.
Good location for reasonable money
- + Good location, close to Van Gogh museum. 40 min walk to Central station.
- + We stayed in the apartment and it was equipped with everything you asked for - ranging from pots/pans to coffee maker.
- – You can definitely hear everything that's going on upstairs. A bit of a walk from Amsterdam central, but it's doable (about a pleasant 20-30min walk)
Worth paying more and going elsewhere
- + Staff were helpful when asked for help after leaving a bag at a restaurant. They also made us a bag of food to take on our departure as we had to catch our flight before they served breakfast.
- – Don't get unless you ask! Needs updating. Double bed quite small. Stairs are a huge put-off. kettle in room but no cups, or anything to make a drink with so useless. Rather noisy due to other visitors climbing the stairs! security cameras and rules everywhere but staff oblivious to people smoking on the 4th floor in their rooms and in the toilet....
Reliable and discreet
- + I had a friend who had to phone at 5 AM for a personal emergency and the manager was extremely helpful and discreet.
Nice Hotel at fair price
- + Very good price/quality ratio. Excellent location for visiting Amsterdam Museums and city center. Friendly service. Comfortable room.
- – No elevetor but steep stairs.
Great and friendly atmosphere
- + Very quiet, great and strategic position.
- – Not recommended for hadicapped people.
Good value if you are a mountain goat.!!
- + Helpful staff. Good buffet breakfast to set one up for the day. Very close to the Van Gogh and Riijk Museums. Easy access by tram to central Amsterdam, about 15 mins..
- – Extremely steep stairs to access rooms. No lift available.
Great hotel, would recommend!
- + The owner and all the staff were really friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable; comfy beds, fresh towels and plenty of hot water in the bathroom. Ample buffet breakfast. Great location in the museum quarter (a nice area), near tram stops. Quiet room and great atmosphere in a traditional building.
- – Although there was a kettle in the room, I had to ask for tea/coffee and cups, which I was given without any bother.
Great location for touring Amsterdam & experiencing a historic bul
A wonderful stay for a very decent price.
- + Really friendly, helpful staff and excellent service. Quiet and safe neighbourhood but only a short trip away from the nightlife downtown. Fast and reliable wieless internet connection.
- – Very steep stairs, but I knew that before I booked and it was not a problem for me.
great location, a little tired
Pleasant comfortable clean and safe, child friendly good value.
- + We had a warm welcome from the hotel staff, it has a very family run feel, we stayed in the apartment next door to hotel and found it very spacious, comfortable, clean and warm. we travelled from central station by tram (aprox 5 stops) to alight just around corner from hotel (luggage and all) We found it an ideal location as we had a teen and a child with us and its a quiet residential area of city (near van gough museum and near market)We bought a three day tram pass and just got tram in and out to centrum a few times a day! Very pleasant location and highly recommended for people who like to sleep soundly and feel safe in their surroundings.We felt like we were seeing the real amsterdam.
- – No minus points at all. Full marks for this hotel
- + This hotel is nicely situated, clean and comfortable. It has a homey atmosphere that is very welcoming.
Very nice Hotel near RAI
very nice Hotel near RAI
i will be back again to this hotel and recommend to my friends.
- + very very very friendly and helpfull staf. Feel like knowing him for long long time ago. the place is very homy, the breakfast is excellent for the star 2 hotel. the hotel gave us a lot flexibilities.
- – i stayed in 2nd floor but felt like climbing up to the mountain. the stair is too steep, especially if staying with kids.
Great value for a good place
- + Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean. Great value. Right next to the museums (Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh). No complaints.
Simple and clean, very Dutch in a good way
- + The staff was polite and very helpful and the room was clean. The bed was rather soft to my liking but not at all sagging old crap you can find at some cheap hotels. Over all this is a brilliant hotel for people who want basic and decent accommodation for a lower cost.
- – There is nothing negative about this hotel, but like a lot of other people have mentioned, the stairs are narrow and steep, so if you are not fit to walk up the stairs, or if you cannot travel light, you may find it difficult. But this is not really a problem at all.
Great hotel and certainly VFM - but keep the stairs in consideration!
- + Very well run hotel and excellent value. As others have mentioned the breakfast is a big plus. Help yourself to as much/little as you want - perfect! Rooms are clean and the location is quiet - perfect if you want to escape the hustle and bustle of Amsterdam city centre. I have stayed all over Amsterdam and would definitely recommend this hotel. Thank you.
- – The stairs are a killer! If you struggle with stairs then 100% make sure you get a ground floor room or stay somewhere else. I was on the third floor and after a couple of journeys my legs were falling off! Apart from that no probs whatsoever.
For the ones who wish to see the masterworks of Dutch painters!
- + Near the Van Gogh- and Rijksmuseums
- – Shower pressure
Splendor in a dutch Amsterdam Hotel!
- + Very friendly staff and delicious breakfast! Well organised!
Close to museums on a quiet side street
A very good hotel
- + Cost quite good. Clean. Good breakfast included. Next to main museums. next to tram stops. Hospitality quite friendly.
- – No elevator. Steep stairs.
Comfortable, friendly and good value
Great value, great location for A'dam hotel
- + Owners were wonderful. Very helpful. I had a leak in shower and problem with heat. It was fixed that day. The breakfast was decent. They even make eggs to order in addition to a very nice buffet. They are very helpful with taking kuggage up to the room.
- – I really can't think of any. I mean the steps were very narrow gong up. But, hey, this is an old Amsterdam building. So I don't see negative points.
- + The staff was very friendly and helpful.
good value, good breakfast and good location- would recommend!
- + really good value and an excellent breakfast. the hotel is next to a tram stop that goes directly to central station in 20 mins- very convenient for sightseeing! even though we were concerned about the shared toilet and shower, we only had to share with 4 other rooms and the facilities were cleaned regularly.
- – the steps are a killer! we were on the top floor (fifth) and the steps are very steep. not great for heavy suitcases or guests with any health problems.
Totally worth it!
- + Staff was friendly and attentive. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Hotel is real close to the museums.
- – The staircase is brutal. The steepest staircase I've ever seen in my life, but I'm sure that's common throughout Amstardam.
Cozy, quiet hotel with a great staff.
- + Very comfortable bed, spacious room, great service from staff, & tasty breakfast. Also in a nice, quiet but still close-in location. You can walk or take the tram anywhere from this hotel, and many great locations are within 5 minutes walk. On-site bicycle rental.
- – The wifi didn't reach all the way up into our room (we were in the next building over from the lobby). So we had to sit in the stairwell to access the internet.
great location, great people
- + the staff couldn't have been more helpfull or kinder. would go back to same place everytime
- – the stairs were a bit daunting, but we made it. an elevator would have been nice, but taken away from the character of the building
Agreable and opportune to the visite of the town.
Good location and quiet setting
- + The staff was very friendly and helpful.
Spacious apartment, reasonable cost - great for families
- + Location is great and the apartment spacious and comfortable - close to many cultural sites and yet a peaceful street. Staff were friendly and helpful.
- – The steep stairs - though this is a typical feature in Amsterdam and would not put us off staying at this hotel in future.
Clean well located hotel with friendly and helpful staff.
- + Friendly and helpful Staff. Clean. Good breakfast. Location close to main museums and concert hall. Easy access to the airport.
- – Many steep stairs. Expensive for a two star hotel. Some redecoration is required in general areas - stairs. Dining room is not big enough for the number of visitors. Administration area takes up dining space.
great time in Amsterdam
Friendly family vibe with yummy breakfast included, but steep stairs!!
- + Staff were very friendly and helpful, lovely family vibe, they even carried our huge bags up the stairs (five flights) and lent us bowls and milk to eat our own muesli with when breakfast was finished two hours earlier. The breakfast they put on is great too if you can wake up for it. Very helpful with helping us rent bikes too.
- – The 5 flights of stairs we had to climb to get to our apartment!!!
Nice hotel in a quite suburb of Amsterdam
- + Clean hotel, very friendly staff, good breakfast, shower is excellent, price is very good, location is in quite area and I recommended this to all budget traveler. Will come again to this hotel next time I visit Amsterdam.
- – Nothing...
A good hotel in Amsterdam
- + People are very kind and helpful. The hotel is well situated to get the public transports.
- – Some rooms are difficult to use for old people due to the stairs a bit difficult
- + The room was Super Clean!! Good variety of breakfast! Great neighborhood & safe environment for even a girl who travels alone! 5 mins walking to the major tram line, and the owners were super friendly and helpful! I would come and stay here when I visit Amsterdam next time!
Cosy Hotel with great location near Museumsqare
Fantastic Quaint Hotel in the MuseumPlein Area
- + Fantastic small hotel very near to public transportation and the MuseumPlein. It was an 8 minute very easy walk from the bus stop (that I tool from the airport) to the Hotel Washington. The location is very calm and quiet, but has easy access to all of the "touristy" areas. The hotel had bike to rent on premises. I rented for 2 days for 20 euro. It elimintate the stress of renting near central station and getting it returned on time. The two guys that ran the hotel were very accomidating - looking up things on the internet for me, helping to carry my bag up the very steep stairs. Breakfast was included and had a great assortment. Traveling alone I was able to get a small room with one bed for a cheaper rate.
- – The very steep stairs.
Very good value
- + Good location Good price
- – None
Lovely hotel, lovely staff, great value
- + Lovely hotel in a quiet residential area, so no noisy bars. The rooms were very comfortable and spotlessly clean. Nice restaurants nearby and within walking distance of the Van Gogh museum. The trams to the centre run along the top of the street. The staff were were brilliant, they gave us advice about parking that saved us a fortune and let us leave our baggage in the hotel before check-in and after check-out. We really couldn't have asked for more.
- – Minor point, the stairs are steep. We were in the basement and the steps are more like a ladder than a staircase.
Great location - very reasonable rate.
- + Great location ... near restaurants.
- – Amsterdam was in the midst of a trash hauler's strike ... not a good time to be in Amsterdam. Not a reflection on the hotel.
Very nice hotel !
- + Very friendly and helpful ! We was here when the volcano blocked departures from Schiphol and they provide us all the help they can. They easily arrange to find us rooms in the hotel until we find a way to leave the city. About the hotel, clean rooms, nice breakfast and quiet location. It was our 2nd stay here with the new staff and we would for sure come back here and nowhere else when we come back to Amsterdam. Thanks again for the stay and your help !
- – Can't find one !
Friendly, clean and convenient
- + Friendly and very helpful staff. Within walking distance to several nice areas, restaurants, shopping. Would definitely recommend.
- + Very large rooms for our family of four in the suite. There's a piano and pleased children. The hotel owners were very nice and helpful.
- – No elevator, we have to carry luggages to go the long stairs. Parking needs to pay. Internet is not free. When you go to hotel office, you have to go outside of rooms and enter another door to the office for breakfast.
nice hotel, good location, good price
Clean and good value accomodation (better than pictures in web
- + Near museumplein (around just 5-10 minutes walk) and near tram stop( around 5 minutes walk) and bus stop (around 10 minutes walk). Good hearty breakfast and really nice, friendly keepers.
- – Far from the center of the city (but well compensated with the tram station nearby) Not recommended for the older people and people with huge luggages because of the very steep stairs.
Nice hotel with friendly service
Lovely and convenient hotel.
- + Service was excellent with very nice management. The room was small but clean, comfortable and modern. The hotel is right next to the museum district of Amsterdam and only a 2 minute walk to the tram which takes you anywhere in the city center in 5 minutes.
- – Internet is not included in the cost.
Very nice hotel for a city break
- + Nice break. Friendly staff. Room comfy and spacious (and I imagine for Amsterdam very spacious). The steps really are uniquely steep and high, though.
- + central - friendly - clean - spacious
- + Good service and quiet location. Good price/quality relationship.
- – Steep stairs (but this is common in Amsterdam). Rooms could be larger and have better décor.
Great small hotel with everything you need for a short business trip
- + Quiet environment that can be easily reached by public transport and in walking distance (I don't mind walking for 1/2 hour in the morning/evening) of RAI
- – Too soft bed
Hotel Washington Amsterdam is excellent
- + Hotel services in apartments, very kindly and professional personal.
- – None
ideal for culture vultures and bargain hunters
- + Round the corner from the Rijksmuseum and the Albert Cuyp Market this hotel is in a quiet residential area - service very good, staff very helpful and rooms to a good standard
A little jewel
- + With an utmost friendly staff, Washington Hotel lies only a few steps to Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum. The bedroom is cozy.
Great short break hotel
- + Traditional old Amsterdam townhouse. Stayed in room three which was large and had a balcony overlooking the street. Very quiet area but just 150 meters from a tram taking you directly to the city centre in just 8 minutes. Very quiet residential area.
- – Very steep stairs may not suit the elderly or infirm resident and an elevator was not available.
- + Service were very good. And breagfast is good too.
I would recommend this hotel for its attenstaff and peaceful location.
- + Very kind attentive staff. Hotel excellently located. I was very pleasantly surprised at my room - large, comfortable and very quiet. I come to Amsterdam frequently and this is the most peaceful hotel I have ever stayed in!
- – It was fortunate that I had a sitting area in the room -also a balcony when weather permits as there is very little public space in the hotel - only the breakfast room. This is a shame but understandable.
Hyvää ja ystävällistä palvelua
Simple and nice.
- + Very nice people !
- – Room a bit small.
- + friendly run hotel , the guys are extremely helpful and are most accommading
- – the stairs , you need to reserve energy for them
- + Nice and clean Hotel. Good breakfast buffet!
- – Maybe a little long to the city centre.
It's a very good place to stay for a holiday in the lovely Amsterdam
- + The hotel is in a very good zone to stay, as it is very near the centre (by tram or bus) but not in, and so much more quiter. They serve an extraordinary breakfast and they all form a truly very helpful staff. Rooms are well cleaned every day. I think Amsterdam is an expensive city to stay in a hotel. But, taking it into account, this hotel is not one of the most expensive at all.
- – The bed was not as comfortable as it should be.
Pleasant, relatively cheap hotel
- + Nice big rooms, very clean, great location.
Great stay-thank you!
- + The man running reception was very nice and efficient at his job-what a great guy! Also, the room was very nice and well kept. This is a very nice place to stay!
- – The shower was a little cold, but otherwise, no complaints!
- + Excellent service, friendly staff, comfortable bed, very nice balcony, well located for those who want to visit the museums as well as the city centre.
- – As in all of Amsterdam, the stairs are a subject to consider
Nice little hotel close to the center with excellentl staff.
- + Excellent service. One of the best communication I have ever experienced, including the 5-Star hotels. I stayed at a one-person-room which was really tiny. But everything I needed was there, indeed. Very Close to the tram and bus stations. You can even go to the airport with a direct bus City center is 5 minutes on tram and 20 minutes by walking. Very close to the Albert Cuyps Street Market (2 min. walking) Nice neighborhood.
- – None really. Maybe the stairs are a little steep but the staff help you with anything, so there are no problems.
Excellent value and good service
- + We were for some reason "upgraded" to a very nice large room with a balcony, but even the smaller room without a private bathroom, that we'd payed for and stayed in for part of our stay, was really nice with access to a good size balcony. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Quiet and convenient location - we walked to almost everything.
- – Can't think of any ..
A good stay in Amsterdam
- + Very kind staff, room not very big but comfortable, shared services always clean, complete breakfast, calm neighborhood (near Museumplein).
- + The staff was very helpful; the room and the bed very confortable! Overall very good!
I'm a regular guest
- + I've been coming to this hotel once or twice a year for about 5 years. Excellent location - quiet but very near restaurants and museums; city centre just 10-15 minutes away. The rooms are spotless. The new management are extremely cordial and helpful.
- – No lift, so the climb can be tiring if you're on the top. Other than that, none.
Good location for a city trip
- + good price and very friendly service
- + Very helpfull staff, if you want anything just ask. It was my first time in Amsterdam. They adviced me on things to do
- – None
good position, many steps
- + The staff here is the best that you can ask for, specially the 2 gentleman that deals with the customers. It was one of the best places to stay in our trip.
- – Only really the stairs.
Very friendly staff
- + Very friendly staff
Going to Amsterdam? Look no further!
- + Very friendly staff, good bedroom, breakfast and location along the tram line.
- – None
- + breakfast
- – high floors
Among the best in Amsterdam
- + An excelent hotel. The staff very helpful and serviceminded.Good breakfast. Good lokation.
- – Many stairs
Quaint hotel in museum district
Friendly and helpful at the Hotel Washington
- + We had an apartment for one night and loved the size of the rooms.Very comfortable and clean. The owners were very friendly and helpful. Good location.
- – Stairs leading up to the apartment were the steepest we have ever seen!
Friendly hotel in walking distance of the Museumplein.
- + A very friendly and polite service. Situated in a quiet neighborhood close to the Museumplein and tram.
- – Steep stairs which could be a problem for some.
Beautiful place and very nice and helpful staff
- + quiet, kind people
- – the size of the room
Great hotel in great location
What a jewel of a hotel
- + We had a blast in Amsterdam and it was greatly due to this little gem of a hotel. The rooms are spacisous and clean. The owners and staff are incredibly helpful
- – The stairs - but again...that seems to be the norm ito buildings in Amsterdam
A comfortable stay in Amsterdam.
- + Hosts were friendly & gave good clear advice. They also offered discounts on tours which assisted.
- – We felt it was a little hard to find in the first instance, but soon got used to the locality.
nice, convenient hotel
- + Nice people here, very helpfull, close to city centre
- – ask for extra lamp for reading
No Tea or Coffee today....
- + Good loacation 10min walk to everywhere...
- – Breakfast Poor had to ASK for Eggs & Toast .Soap and showergel not replaced..NO tea or coffee making facilaties in the room so NO hot drink when you arrive or during the day if you want one..
My hotel of choice when visiting Amsterdam!
- + Fantasic location. I felt very secure, yet free to come and go as I pleased. The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.
- – Could have had a greater range of hot breakfast available. One must always request that the rooms are cheaper!!
great amsterdam hotel
- + New owners provide better breakfast. Friendly staff. Quiet place.
- – can't find any minus points.
Charming, clean, friendly, safe, quiet, and convenient.
- + Highly recommended! Lovely little hotel on a lovely street, easy to get to from the airport, close to bus and tram stops. Very clean; prompt, friendly, courteous service; delicious breakfast. The single room I stayed in is tiny but adorable. Everything very comfortable and pleasant.
Great little hotel.
- + Cheapest rates in comparison to other hotels in amsterdam. Plentiful basic breakfast ideal to set you up prior to a days sightseeing. Great location for catching the trams but still comfortable walking distance to explore the city. Great chice of bars and restaurants nearby. Clean basic functional rooms. No real minus points but the stairs are steep and wouldnt be ideal for young children or the the unfit.
- + Good location close to van Gough museum. Extremely friendly staff.
- – Breakfast is same each day which can get boring if you stay for several days.
My day at the Washington!
- + Cozy ambiance,Well appointed,Like staying at some reltives home! Staff very courteous!!
- – Stairs not so easy to climb if your older!
Home away from home.
- + Management extreemly kind. It was all excellent.
- + Quite rooms, nearly from tram and far from noise, with pleasant neighborhood.
- – Advertise on your site that staircases are very hard , as a ladder
Good hotel for a single art lover
- + location is excellent if you are planning to go to museum area. tram to central station is not bad. Less than 20 mins.
- – I stayed in the 3rd floor which is 4th in fact without any elevators. Stairs were very steep and sometimes feel dangerous when you had a glass of wine or two. definitely not recommendable with kids.
- + staffs of hotel are very kind and they explane everything for amsteldam tour very detaily. Breakfast is good.
- – They dont explane about room heater. we slept very cold.
A lovely stay in Amsterdam
- + Very nice room with balcony.The hotel is located very near to the Van Gohg museum.The owners were very friendly and eager to give 100% in order that we enjoyed our stay.
Fun and close to everything
- + Great location, good breakfast
- – Small unconfortable shower
Hôtel sympa, personnel accueillant
- + - Le personnel parlait français - Bons conseils sur le stationnement des véhicules et les locations de vélo - Chambres confortables (avec coin cuisine)
- – - Toilettes et douches collectives à notre étage
Budget hotel with clean facilities & friendly staff
- + clean room, friendly staff, decent breakfast selection, quiet location within walking distance to RAI (about 20 mins) or city centre (about 30 mins)
- – small room
Very good hotel
- + The hotel staff was very friendly
- – little bit noisy but it wasn't so disturbing
Great location and price. Wonderful service
Good price / quality for an ordinary hotel
- + Small and ordinary hotel on a nice and quiet location, between Museumsquare and Albert Cuyp market. Good public transport connection around the corner. Friendly and helpfull staff. We had a room with three beds which was quite large.
- – No elevator, so less suitable for those who don't like to climb stairs. As everywhere in Amsterdam, expensive parking in front of hotel (4 eur per hour), but there is an alternative: you can park at P&R Stadionplein for 6 eur per day. Ask the staff for details.
Excellent value for money!
- + - standards of comfort and hygiene - helpful staff - quiet neighbourhood - all necessary facilities in apartment option
- – - a bit too far from the city centre - VERY steep stairs take a little off the comfort scale and might be serious problem on some occasions. :)
I'll check this hotel for availlability on my next visit to Amsterdam
- + Very friendly staff, and excellent price/quality ratio. Nice and quiet street so sleeping is great.
- – Only one that I can remember is a bit noisy ventilation fan in the bathroom, but it would not stop me from recomending this hotel
- + The staff is incredibly nice and kind and you can ask them for any information, there will be someone at the reception 24/7. The price is very low, and the rooms are nice and cosy. It's easy to go to the center with the Trams.
- – The breakfast is not high-end, although not ridiculous either, I guess I was expecting more variety and quantity. The stairs are extremely steep so if you have health problems or are on a wheelchair it's not very easy - but apparently it's the same everywhere in Amsterdam.
Excellent value and service in the Amsterdam museum quarter
- + Very helpful with tram information and maps. My two colleagues were impressed by the service, 'sweet little rooms' and qood value.
- – None
- + price/quality, hygiene. service, location
- – nothing!!
- + very good location, close to museums and center of the city, friendly and helpful staff,clean and nice rooms and competitive price
- – can't complain actually
Great location, outstading service and value for money.
- + The staff and service was extraordinary. Very helpful and friendly. The location was brilliant, close to the museums and a short tram ride away from the city.
- – Nil.
rustig vriendelijk goedgeprijsd hotel, aanrader!
- + vriendelijk personeel goede prijs/kwaliteit verhouding goed ontbijt 24u personeel aanwezig rustig, geen geluidsoverlast
- – het is niet heel dichtbij het centrum(10-15min met tram), maar tram stopt wel vlakbij het hotel
Worth a return visit
- + friendly staff and very helpful
- – better directions on location could be placed on website ie not close to city center quickest cycle route could be recommended ie from central station. and from hotel to city center. needs windows to be sealed for drafts and noise heavier curtains during the winter period street noise.
back in the ages
- + the room it's agreable there is'nt any noise
- – lack of a good cabinet for the dress
Work on the basics - Don't try so hard
- + The owners are new and they tried very hard to meet my needs.
- – The owners are new and they tried way too hard to meet my needs, oftentimes inquiring into my private affairs, whic I did not appreciate.
Really comfortable good stay.
- + Good choice at breakfast, very comfortable room. Excellent location near to the Museum Quarter.
- – Steep staircases, not suitable for people who have trouble walking.
Great price- perfect for two couples travelling together.
- + Great location- short shuttle ride to the city center, and fabulous restaurants within walking distance!!
- – Two single beds pushed together, but that's pretty normal for a European "double." We parked at the airport because we heard driving in Amsterdam was a nightmare. It took awhile to get from the airport to the train station to the shuttle to the hotel...
A nice, quiet and clean room.
- + We stayed in the "suite", and the kitchen there was fine, so the "room" is really like a small flat! There are feather pillows! Wireless internet cost (only) 5â¬ per day. Nice desk (and kitch table doubled as a second desk). Only 5 min. walk from Museumplein and Concertgebouw. About 15-20 min from centre with tram no. 16 or 24.
- – Breakfast a little "sterile" (always the same -- but not bad). No lobby, hotel bar, or hotel restaurant (like a typical bed and breakfast place in the UK).
is too much to say "hotel"
- + location
- – very bad services very poor breakfast staff
wonderful choice for a short stay
- + very friendly and helpful staff. fabulous location and very easy to find. Close to major tram lines but much within walking distance.
nice hotel, good location, poor breakfast
- + close to Museumplein, triple room very big with big and nice bathroom
- – breakfast - only continental = you get one slice of white bread, one slice of dark bread, one piece of cracker, one piece of gingerbread. Then one slice of salami, one slice of ham and one slice of cheese. Butter, marmelade, Nutella. Cornflakes with yoghurt or milk, if you ask they bring you boiled egg. Pickwick tea, coffee, orange juice.
Perfect for young Marathoners
- + If you need somewhere cheap, located conveniently between the Olympic Stadium and the City Centre and aren't overly fussy about the little things then you'd do far worse than stay here. The Hotel Manager I found to be extremely nice and helpful. We stayed in the basement rooms and this had a great bathroom and was like having our own apartment for the weekend.
- – Breakfast is a little limited but typical Dutch fare. The stairs are very steep, not a problem for us but could be for elder persons.
By George, Stay at the Washington
- + This hotel is a gem of a find and a real bargain. The staff, all family members, are all polite, friendly and very helpful. I liked the way that on arrival they went through my reservation with me in detail which was as stated on the web and I knew on check in that there would be no surprises. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the museum plein and a ten minute walk from the park. Breakfast more than substantial included cereal, juice, cheese, ham, 4 breads and jams and tea or coffee.
- – The room was small but very clean and comfortable. There are no instructions on the web how to get there so here goes. Take a 16 or 24 tram from the Central Station to Ruysdealkade Stop. Get out and walk along the curb in the direction the tram was going for about 150 meters. The first road right is Frans van Mierisstraat - the hotel at number 10 can be seen from the corner.
- + very clean roooms, helpful and friendly staff, no noise at all, satisfying breakfast, decent price
- – no lock on the toilet door, no curtain in the shower
Quiet place near the museums
- + Friendly staff
- – No lift to bring bags up to higher floors
Very good hotel!! Everything was great!!
- + Good location of the hotel, tranquility of the hotel Shared bathroom always clean.
- – tablecloth in the morning should be changed between service
Review of our stay in detail
- + Our stay at the hotel was ok, the staff were very pleasant.
- – Although the staff were pleasant, they were not helpful in terms of my bedding, this is why I gave Service a low mark. To explain this, I had fogotten to let the hotel know that I do not sleep on feathered pillows or use feathered covers. When I got to the hotel I apologised for the inconvienience but I suffer from an allergy and would require them to change the pillows. They said that because I did not email them they could not do anything about it, they also said that it would be expensive for them to go out and buy man made fibre pillows because they buy them in bulk. They said that if I know I have an allergy, I should have bought my own pillows. This did upset me. I was given two cousions from the lounge to sleep on which I thought was an insult but took them all the same, they did not get used. My husband and I ended up sleeping for the whole duration of our stay on a makeshift pillow which consisted of two pillows rolled into a blanket and pillow cases from spare pillows were put on each end of the blanket roll. This was most uncomfortable. I said to the receptionist that I have travelled around the world and stayed at other hotels,and they have never told me to bring my own pillows. I asked every day of my stay "have you spoken to the manager" the answer was no not yet. I don't think that even if I had emailed them, they would accommodate me. It would be good if we did't have the same breakfast every morning which consisted of cheese, egg, bread, cereal, yogurt, tea and coffee.
Nice quiet hotel
- + very clean, near to tram, quiet
- – if ouy stay longer the breakfast wich is always the exactly the same, is boring.
Nice and clean...
We have stayed very good
nice hotel for a week end in Amsterdam
- + Nice view and nice terac at top floor
- – had to leave in a hurry
Nice staff, nice clean rooms, charming building and a bad breakfast
- + Very friendly and helpful staff, will be glad to help you with anything you ask.
- – The breakfast wasn't very good, otherwise the hotel was great. The location of the hotel is very good, in a nice quiet neighborhood but a little closer to central Amsterdam wouldn't have hurt(about 25 minutes walk to Dam Square).
Basement room,dangerous stairs and low beams
- + The room we got in the end was very nice, clean and spacious.Public transport was close by and the manager came good in the end.
- – We where not advised that it was a basement room with a very dangerous stairway.We where traveling with my mother and she was really anxious about it,as where we all. After some haggling and some uncomfortable silences the manager offered us an alternative room.
- + Very friendly staff,a nice neighborhood :)))
- – A little too far from the actual Amsterdam center but other than that it was fine.Oh, some towel racks in the bathroom would have been nice
- + Great hotel - have stayed there three times now when in Amsterdam. It is a good area and very convenient. The hotel is always clean. The staff try to be very helpful and look after all their guests. This hotel has been perfect for myself and my partner and also my 20 something sons and their friends.
- – Rooms have to be paid for as soon as you arrive and rules are laid out clearly. Don't be put off by this though because the rooms and apartments are great, you have 24 hour access and their firm approach actually means you have a more pleasant stay.
- + VERY KIND AND HELPFUL PERSONNEL ...
- + Very courtous staff, great location.
- + Clean and quite. includes breakfast!
- – out of city centre, rooms with shared bathroom a little small.
- + Very friendly and helpful staff. Delicious breaksfast. Very comfortable room. Great location.
- – Very steep steps up to our room. Noisy plumbing.
- + Fantastic Dutch staircase to get to the second floor! Big thank you to Hotel Washington staff. You looked after us very well - keep up the good service!
- – None
- + Really nice rooms and bathrooms in the Triples. Decent breakfast, nice staff.
- – A lot of people have complained about the narrow and steep stairs, and yea, they are narrow and steep, but it's not that big of a deal I'd say. Bit far from down town.
- + 3rd stay at this hotel and still happy with it. Clean, friendly staff, good quiet location.
- – humm ?? can't find one except toilet paper not enough soft... :p
- + This is a super hotel - excellent location,friendly and efficient service, comfortable rooms with linen & towels changed daily and good breakfast. Highly recommended.
- – None.
- + close to art galeries
- – Current works in the street of the hotel
- + Friendly and warm environment. The staff were very hospital and kind.
- – The room was very old-fashioned in terms of both facilities and decoration.For example, instead of a blanket there could be a duvet on the beds. The curtains should also be replaced by new and more colourful ones.
- + secure, clean, friendly
- – No lift - many steps to top of 4th floor
- + O Hotel é muito agradável, a recepção muito educada e cordial. Ficamos no quarto quádruplo que fica localizado no basement e, apesar disso é muito limpo, bem decorado e espaçoso. O café da manhã é excelente e gostamos muito do cuidado com a louça e arrumação das mesas.
- – A gatinha recepcionista é muito linda e sociável. Ela acrescenta um charme a mais no adorável Hotel.
- + Great location, nice building, friendly neighborhood, big rooms, property.
- – Breakfast not so big maybe if we have to find a minus point for this hotel. Just be careful with the stairs ;)
- + Nice breakfast.
- – Thin walls - therefore noise audible to other rooms.
- + Great location, decor was very nice. Nice breakfast.
- – Very cold on cold days, because rooms were drafty. The widows were poorly sealed and the radiators under the windows with heavy curtains to insulate against the cold drafts AND the radiators (you can't curtain off the cold windows without blocking the radiators). Also, the service was somewhat unhelpful and unattentive - when we asked if our traveling companions in another room were in, we were told they were out, when they were not. They didn't bother to check or tell us what room they were in.
- + Great location, friendly staff.
- + Very helpful staff.
- – Too limited assortment of breakfast foods and breakfast closes too early for vacationers.
- + Very positive and helpful management.
- + We stayed in the suit which was a fantastic size & even had its own small kitchen - the fridge/freezer certainly came in handy! Staff were very pleasant & helpfull. Extreamly clean. Location is south of the city center but is a walkable distance. Breakfast was included & standard Dutch, was nice and served promptly. Very impressed & would recomend to anyone visiting Amsterdam. We also found it to be a reasonably quiet area.
- – None.
- + Very close to tram stop which takes you to central Amsterdam. Beds were comfortable and staff and management were very helpful. Arriving earlier than check in and leaving our luggage and likewise when we left we had an evening flight and again were allowed to leave our luggage after checkout time.
- – Can't think of anything that stood out!
- + Location in a very nice quiet neighborhood near the museums and convenient to trams was excellent.Breakfast and service were very good.We would stay here again and recommend this hotel.Bathroom was very clean.
- – Our double bed mattress was very old and saggy...possibly it was just foam.They need to replace it..room 8 on third floor.Very steep stairs,must be fit to climb with luggage.We had no problem,our luggage was smaller and we are in our 50's.
- + attentive, pleasant and effective service. I shall recommend this hotel to my friends.
- + friendly service, clean large room - good facilities for the price. Excellent steak restaurant close by.
- + Very friendly staff
- + we felt really welcome in your hotel, it felt like going home in the end of every day. We shall definitely recommend your hotel to everyone coming to amsterdam.
- – There should have been more keycards.
- + Large well furnished rooms. Modern, comfortable bathrooms. Satisfactory breakfast. Convenience to restaurants, shops and trams. Very competitive price. Will be happy to stay there again.
- – Very steep, long stairs. This would not deter us from staying there again.
- – The quadroom is on the basement level.
- + This hotel is very central with just a 7-10 minute walk to the main shopping centre. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms although a little outdated, very clean and comfortable. The en suite was modern and clean. Breakfast was more than adequate, offering fruit, continental meats, a variety of breads and cereals.
- – The stairs were quite steep, but being in Amsterdam with such tall buildings it is understandable.
- + Comfortable room, good breakfast, very very nice management and service. Relaxed, nice ambiance. Friendly and helpful.
- – No elevator -- although help with luggage was immediately offered and taken care of. All multiple light fixtures (chandellier, sconces, etc) had only a minimum number of bulbs, making it difficult to read. A very nice hotel was given the impression of being overly concerned with economy at the cost of providing outstanding service by "skimping" on the number of bulbs in the light fixtures. A small point, but it made a significant impression on us as guests.
- + The location is great. Very quiet and nice neighborhood. Very close to the tram´s stop that can take you all over the city. My room was very clean and sunny and the service was very gentle and kind.
- – They should change the matress of the single room with a bathroom. It is too soft and my body felt it.
- + Very nice hotel for a cheap price: bedroom is simple, but perfectly clean and the staff is very nice. Trams very close to the hotel, location in a quiet street.
- + very friendly
- – the room wasn't really clean. the lamps on the wall was dirty and also the toilet at our day of arriving. there werer hairs in our shour. the floor wouldn't be cleaned in any of the days we stay in your hotel. we hope you will change this (or your cleaning lady)
- + the cuad room
- + The atention of the peple who run it, very nice and very helpful.
- + Nagyon jó a szálloda elhelyezkedése, csendes nyugodt környezet, tágas jól felszerelt szobák, jó a tömegközlekedési helyzete, kiváló személyzet.
- – Szegényes reggeli, meredek lépcső, nincs lift, nics szállodai parkolási lehetőség.
- + A nice and cozy hotel within walk distance from downtown of Amsterdam. Very helpful and friendly staff.
- – Steep and narrow stairs. No parking lots in front of the hotel.
- + We loved our three person room. The beds were very comfortable, the shower was wonderful, and everything was very clean. We felt very safe as well. Breakfast was delightful every morning and the staff was quite kind. We had a highly enjoyable time and will recommend Hotel Washington to all of our friends who plan on travelling to Amsterdam.
- – We really do not have anything negative at all to say about this hotel- it's a real gem. While it seems rather expensive, every hotel in Amsterdam is expensive (even the hostels!) and it was the cheapest deal we could find, and was an absolutely fabulous hotel!
- + Very good hotel at a very quiet location. 10 min from the train station with a tram. The double suite had everything we could ask for..
- – Almost none: the wallpaper was a bit old, the desk wasn't very comfortable and so on...
- + Location. Very close to the museumplein. Though not very close to the city center, but it is easily reachable by 16 or 24.
- – One of the guys in the reception was not interested in giving any tourist information like which are the places of interest close by, how I can get to them etc. They should keep more, updated information leaflets in the hotel.
- + We had a wonderful time in Amsterdam, we were treated very well in the hotel, beds were really comfortable and everything looked very clean. Thank you very very much!!! Claudia Aranda and Family from Mexico
- + It was perfect for our three day sightseeing stay in Amsterdam. Location was ideal, handy for the trams and buses, in a nice, quiet, safe area - easy to find and walk to. Comfortable beds in large size clean room with clean en-suite bathroom. Very friendly service - good breakfast, plenty of choice. Perfect. Would stay there again.
- – Only two I can think of is there was no vent in bathroom. There were two flights of stairs to our room which were steep and narrow - however, we are fit and young and could manage them.
- + quietly, tram near the hotel, friendly service
- – No lift, Save not funktionally, no yoghurt
- + very happy with this hotel even nicer than pictures can't wait to come back next year
- + big rooms, great breakfast,
- – stairs are too steep, need elevator
- + Excellent location, nice and quiet neighbourhood, conveniently located close to central tram lines. Nice atmosphere.
- – The matress on the double bed (room 8) was "hollow" in the middle and not very comfortable. The matresses on the two single beds we had the first night (room 3) were much better.
- + familiar atmosphere in the hotel
- – breakfast always the same - too boring
- + Quiet location
- – No lift. Problems for older people I would think
- + People at the reception 24 hours a day
- – Hard to get breakfast befor 8:00 am
- + central and quite location, good breakfast, nice personal, good service
- – typical dutch steep stairs, but it was fun :)
- + excellent location
- – small room, poor breakfeast
- + Very good location, close to the transport, museum, etc.
- – They increased the price that I was supposed to pay for my stay (I'm not talking about the tax on the Credit Card!). Not a lot (+Â¤20-ish for 6 nights)...But still. Guess that they just took advantage because I arrived at night tired and in a hurry to be in my bed... Breakfast was fine for me but didn't offer a lot of choice and it was starting a little bit late (8am) whereas it was roughly the time where I should have been at my meeting. Staff is OK but you can see that they are forcing themselves to be nice/polite.
- + Very nice people, good breakfast.
- – The room was small, with inclined ceiling. The bed was to soft.
- + Being so close to Museum Square.
- – Not having a lift for guests that have disabilities
- + Very close to a tram stop.
- – Narrow stairs, no lift
- + Large apartment with piano to stay with children Good location to van Gogh museum and tourist bussies Also quiet street In general we will recommend
- – We will recommend better cleanig to the old carpet Older people should regonise there are very steep stairs to higher floors
- + Perfect location,great breakfast,good service and a nice price : )
- + Pleasant and clean. Good and queitlocatin near the museums. Easy to take the centrum of tram.
- – Very steep stair in the up rooms.
- + Lovely and clean. Excellent advice about where to go in amsterdam from the hotel staff. Good location for the cheap price we paid to stay in the hotel. Would definately stay there gain.
- – Slightly cold in the winter months- could have been a bit more generous with the central heating!
- + Service very nice, people was very pleasant, the suite was perfect, kitchen, bathroom, and room was clean. Everything was perfect.
- – I don't see minus points
- + 9 people in 3 different roomtypes, doublerooms, quadroom, top-appartment and singelsuite.Very nice and clean. We will be back!!
- + The hotel is in a very good condition. The staff are friendly and helpful. I particularly enjoyed meeting L'Al the kitten.
- + Very warm & Friendly
- – No Lift and very steep stair, if we stay again we would ask for a lower floor.
- + the room was very large and very well located.I like old houses
- – It needs a lift.I had light lugaged, so I suffered.
- + What can I say? This was ideal for me and my 3 friends (All 18yrs old). We had the quad room, which is downstairs, in a sort of converted cellar, very nicely decorated, comfortable with large bathroom for the 4 of us. Also allows smoking (of all sorts hehe)! A perfect base for us to centre our holiday around 10/10!
- – It's a bit of a walk to the centre of Amsterdam and the breakfast is a little basic... but this shouldn't put anybody off!
- + very nice room and location
- + Sweeties at bottom of stairs. Good location in relation to Albert Cuyp and Leidesplein, close to public transport. Great Service, including luggage "look after" facility after we checked out.
- – Chipped tiles in shower cubicle.
- + Hand basins in rooms, nice breakfast
- – No Lift, 5 flights of stairs to our rooms,no help to carry bags up the stairs, booked one twin room and 1 double room and got 2 double rooms so my mother and my daughter had to share a double bed