- Score: 8.9 / 10 Score of 549 reviews
All reviews are completed by our guests after their stay at the hotel Van der Valk Hotel Schiphol A4.
Wonderful stay at the A4 again
- + A convenient hotel for Schipol , with a warm welcome, lovely rooms and quality menu. Excellent free shuttle bus from airport and very convenient for the attractions of Amsterdam .
- – The main restaurant was closed for refurbishment
- * my tip Rooms in the I am part of the hotel are really quiet. Food menu is fantastic and good quality although drinks expensive in the bar. Pool and sauna a bonus.
Good location if you are on your way out of Schiphol.
- + Nice and comfortable rooms in the I Am wing.
- – Major renovation in progress with the restaurant that is closed for renovation. Temporary facilities in place, but hotel seems to have difficulties to meet demand. Very busy hotel.
- + We were located in the new wing of the hotel Just beautiful
- – Non
- * my tip Maybe some towel clothing hooks in the bathroom .....
Convenient and friendly good value hotel
- + Service, parking , location, inhouse restaurant and good breakfast buffet.
- – Huge size hotel, difficult to personalize. Restaurant is loud Not easy to find by car when coming from Airport at night.
Shuttle bus doesn t arrive in the lobby hall.
- – After I checked out I asked the desk lady if we get a notify when the shuttle bus arrives. While she replies no, the bus does not arrive in the lobby because it s too big too fit. It s obviously parked outside so you should go outside and wait. Why do people think we should explain them this . For me it felt like everything there is so logical, and if you don t understand you will get a sarcastic reply. This is not necessary, I am not stupid to clearify that. I don t need a reply nor an excuse. Because I don t mind what happened to me. Hope you will change this problem for your future cust
- * my tip Well my advice to you is good you know more people than I get confused of how the shuttle bus works. Maybe giving a notification that the bus arrived will make your customers journey even more pleasant. I don t want to judge that lady. But please be more open minded, because your reaction led me thing that this whole organization must be narrow minded en doesn t wants to change their problems but instead letting the customers accept the situation. You could be more friendly, telling me to go outside and wait for the shuttle bus. I would not even mind.
- + The Quality of the breakfast
- – The Swimming pool was fully the Sunday
- + Belle Chambre spacieuse, lit confortable, chambre calme avec petit jardin, très bon restaurant, bon rapport qualité prix,
- – Moquette et déco un peu vieille et défraîchie, navette payante la nuit du nouvel an alors qu on doit déjà payer le train, pas beaucoup de choix de cocktails au bar et un peu cher mais très bon
- + Very bood balance privé Quality, especially in restaurant Dept. Pleasant and helpfull staff
- + Great restaurant, nice breakfast with wide selection, shuttle service
Very cosy hotel, good brekfast
- * my tip Very cosy hotel, good brekfast
Unbeatable price quality ratio for this hotel
- + High quality hotel for a cheap price. Close to AMS airport. Nice swimming pool. Nice restaurant. Awesome breakfast.
- + Xixixixixixixix
- – Do nog like the adjoining non private balconies with noisy and smoking neighbours.
Value of the money
- + Nice, big room. Silence. Location. Perfect breakfast.
- – Far from restaurant -)
- * my tip if you need to stay in this area - don t think, just stay there.
- – Staff at reception rude and not very helpful
- + everything was great
- – Pillows on the bed were too soft and not thick enough
- – Pillows on the bed were too soft and not thick enough
- + Kom al jaren 2x per jaar altijd vriendelijke medewerkers en de ligging is ideaal om de steden te bezoeken
- – Heb 3 nachten geboekt en elke avond een diner gehad. De laatste avond was de bediening ronduit bedroevend. Meer als een half uur op dessert moeten wachten. we kwamen vermoeid om 20.30 in restaurant en waren pas om 22.30 klaar zo langzaam en lang wachten. Dit tot in tegen stelling de vorige avonden waarbij het zeer vlot en netjes geserveerd werd.
Stay in IAm wing.
- + Convenient location to Schiphol. Very nice rooms in the IAm wing.
- – Very busy hotel
- * my tip Try to stay in the IAm section of the hotel. Much more updated and has large and modern rooms. Major hotel upgrades coming to rest of the hotel
Very friendly and good service
- + Good service from airport to hotel
- – upon arrival circa 01.00, i had asked for a taxi for the morning for 08.10. Unfortunately, the nice gentleman at the front desk forgot to arrange. After waiting for 10 minutes, the morning guy couldn t find the booking and I had to ask what the problem was as he was embarrassed to tell me. Ended up being late for the meeting.
Love van der Valk Hotel
- + Lovely rooms, excellent buffet
- – It would be nice to have a separate light switch in the room with toilet, so that you don t have to light up the entire section at night while other person is sleeping
Still a very nice stay
- + Room is nice. The service is in top. It always nice and clean. Breakfeast is delesius..
- – Nope
Best loction for the randstad, via Schiphol you can connect to anywher
- + The well trained and motivatec staff
- – None of importance
- * my tip Here you have everything you need under 1 roof in one location at the center of a national and international network
Best hotel ever
- + Best Hotel ever
- – Best hotel ever
- * my tip I
- + The comfort of the shuttle and services at the front desk
- – We find it very hard to close the doors of the rooms without it making a very loud noise and we hear the doors from the other rooms
Van der Valk Hotel Schiphol A4 Review
- + Excellent, spacious room for us - it can be tough accommodating two teenage daughters, plus the breakfast buffet, dining, and public areas of hotel are well maintained. Compliments also, to your staff
- – None.
Good stay, breakfast room is a big let down
- + Good value if you book well ahead, not good if you book close to stay dates.
- – While breakfast was good and good variety, the overcrowded room is beyond a joke.You cannot move at peak times with hundreds of people trying to get food.
- * my tip A business hotel, or somewhere to stay close to the aikrport, nothing in the area you can walk to for restaurants etc besides the crap at the highway stop.
Some tips for improvement to the management.
- + The place was spacious and clean.
- – A room door or more slammed shut and made bang. Not so nice after 10 pm. The shower had no mixer. I almost burned myself. No hooks or bar to hang the towels. No paper tissues in the room.
- * my tip You should fix or replace the door shutters so they dont slam shut the door. You should install mixers in the shower, as a minimum. Paper tissues in the room would be appreciated.
Old rooms dark and gloomy
- + Good location. Dinner was spectacular although they switched our meal with a nearby table
- – Rooms n old section of hotel very dark and gloomy. Hard to read or work at desk
- * my tip Request new room
- – the prices buses and trains
- + Great Service and Fantastic Breakfast
Overall good hotel
- + Nice big very clean room and an excellent breakfast buffet
- – None
- * my tip With the shuttle service from and to the airport a perfect stay. Taking the train from the airport it takes only 15 minutes to Amsterdam city.
- + great staff and facility s gym and swimming pool . and the food is great
Overnight stay at hotel Schiphol A4 v.d. Valk
- + Very helpful staff. Lovely ambience. My room was light, airy and very clean. Had a very good sleep, due to excellent mattress
- – Nothing as far as I am concerned. This was my 4th stay here and everything was as good as always
- * my tip Top restaurant, very cosy with the open woodfire, nice lighting and lovely pictures on the walls. The food is excellent, beautifully presented and good value for money. The service is fantastic, even when busy. I fully recommend to have a meal there.
- + airport shuttle
- + Everything. The food was wonderful, bed comfortable, clean. Neat. Top rate hotel
- – Long waits for dinner but you can t do much about that.
- * my tip The restaurants over by Jacks Casino also serve wonderful food
- + Everything. The food was wonderful, bed comfortable, clean. Neat. Top rate hotel
- – Long waits for dinner but you can t do much about that.
- * my tip The restaurants over by Jacks Casino also serve wonderful food
In the mood fr Love Magic say
High quality and great comfort at a fair price
- + Friendly front desk, early check in, large upscale room, quality bedding, cozy bar, and the best breakfast of all.
- – The tv s need to be updated other hotels such as OZOO have smartntv s
Excellent location for travelers
- + Excellent location, very friendly staff and great value restaurant
- – Bathroom requires an upgrade
- * my tip Great location for a night before your flight
- + Excellent room
- – Service was a little slow due to how busy it was
- * my tip Don t check in behind the courtesy bus
- + Our room was beautiful, the bed comfortable and the bathroom facilities perfect. The shuttle to the airport was on time and the trip very short making it easy to get to and from the airport and get trains into the city.
- – Nothing.
Great location, great price
- + Restaurant food was very good Pool was great Room was clean, comfortable, and spacious Airport shuttle was very convenient
location of hotel is comfortably close to Schiphol Airport.
- + The reception help is very kind.
- – In the past we have been staying in the older wings of the hotel. This time we stayed in the new wing and we found the rooms cold and sterile. The older wings have a warmer feel. Also it took me 45 minutes to find a parking place. This while I have a 92 year old husband with me, my daughter and two childeren of 5 and 7, plus 6 suitcases. We were wondering who else parks ther besides guests and personnel. We experienced the same problem 2 years ago. Several parking areas are as big as soccer
- + Quiet in hotel,even have some noise from aircrafts
- + It was a real convenience having the shuttle bus pick me up from Schiphol and take me back to the airport. I have stayed at Van Der Valk in Arnhem once and at Shiphol at least three times previously. This was the first time that I did not have to take the taxi from Schiphol. Boyd, the concierge was very friendly and helpful. He offered to print up my boarding pass, and he did it later as offered. I travel to Europe year or so, but the boarding procedure is always a bit baffling to me. Thanks, B
- * my tip This the place that you want to stay at if you are leaving from Schiphol. I have used this franchise and I really like it.
- + being able to use the sauna
Excellent place and very good kitchen and friendly staff
- + Only plus points
- – No minus points
- + Thank you, we had a wonderful stay. The staff were friendly and helpful and the shuttle made things very easy.
- * my tip If you need to stay close to the airport, this hotel is perfect.
- + Room, SPA SHUTTLE SERVICE
- + Prices, and service quality
- – No negative points during our stay
- * my tip Stay in the newly renovated rooms and enjoy the hotel restaurant during your potential stay. Quality of food and services are good.
the hotel could have a renovation
- + Free shuttle, Very good breakfast. Diner was exellent
- – A little renovation is need. Some points look a little over used
- * my tip Good food, good airport location, free shuttle
In this day and age of allergy awareness
- + Great location, lovely restaurant, nice bath tub, good shuttle service to the airport.
- – NO synthetic pillows or duvets available, even upon request, unbelievable, woke up in the morning with bright red allergy eyes Ended up purchasing cheap pillows and bringing my own.
Great Room Great Price
- + Great Room for 3 adults, Great service in the restaurant for a party of 18 and easy in out location
- – No negatives during our stay.
- * my tip I wish though that there was a coffee machine in the room or a place in the lobby that you can get coffee since they won t let you into the restaurant for just coffee
- + Rooms newly and nicely decorated. Very clean. Very comfortable with work area. Lower cost than comparable hotels.
- – WiFi was weak and slow in my particular room. Restaurant was pricey but food was okay. Rush hour traffic greatly slows trip between airport and hotel.
- * my tip Factor rush hour traffic into airport travel time.
- + Transport
- * my tip Easy to ams
- + Loved the steam rooms that were included in the price. They were beautifully relaxing.
- – No tea and coffee facilities in the hotel room as it is standard in Britain.
- * my tip La place across from the hotel was great for breakfast
- + Excellent wellness center, very good breakfast, comfortable bed.
- – No tea or coffee in the room.
- * my tip Good quality food and ambiance at the restaurant.
- + The beds are super comfortable, the bath tub is enormous, the breakfast is outstanding.
- – All the bedding is filled with down, no synthetic pillow or duvet available, even when I ask. I end up with a nasty allergic reaction every time I stay.
- * my tip The restaurant is great. Using the shuttle bus is very convenient.
Excellent stay marred by one service lapse
- + Shuttle is outstanding. Room spacious and comfortable. I travel throughout the world on a regular basis and believe the breakfast at the Van Der Valk A4 is the best anywhere.
- – No face cloths, no clock in room, no tissues in the bathroom. I experienced poor service in the restaurant during dinner. I had ordered soup, followed by fish and chips. The waiter who served me was both efficient and courteous. Not so the waitress who brought my main course to the table before I had had the soup. When I told her that I hadn t had the soup yet so replied in an aggressive accusatory tone Did you order soup She removed the main course with an ill grace and returned it to the
close to the airport, nice ccomfortable room- hotel
- + having to catch a plane early in the morning this location was close to the airport, free shuttle, real nice breakfast, cosy restaurant
- – no minus
Paying to watch TV
- + Price and comfort are the best
- – i was surprise of the new TV system. I didn t like that in order to watch tv I need to buy a card. This is the first time that i encounter such a deal. ( in any other hotels this is included in the price.
best place to transit through Skiphol or a base for a longer stay
- + location location location. transfers to Skiphol are simple, prompt and reliable. Then easy connections to explore Amsterdam and more.
- – it rained
- * my tip Great restaurant with comfortable seats and a beautiful huge fire place, good at sensible prices.
Breakfast and shuttle
- + The morning breakfast was outstanding with a wide range of hot foods, breads and fruit. This meal gave us an excellent start to our day for our long trip overseas. The staff were all very friendly and even sought help to select an Amber beer, which is not well known ion Europe.
- * my tip The swimming pool is large and the warming beds helped to relieve sore muscles from a long days travel.
- + Always consistently good quality
- – None
- * my tip Convenient location. Good shuttle bus service.
tv didn t work, bit dusty
- + Nice updated bathroom
- – No tv
- + great bed,nice balcony,excellent room,breakfast very good,nice spacey bar,very professional receptionist,and a very nice entrance.
- – the so called superior room is nice but has a strange sanitary facility with milky glass shielding the toilet area and the shower area,the wash basin is in the room and if one wants to use the toilet in the middle of the night ... one can but only light up the whole room ... not good for the other sleeper. the breakfast keep on going up in price all the time.when waiting for the bus one bus did not show up and when the bus service comes under strain it has trouble coping.
Very efficient and handy for the airport
- + Ease of getting there and helpfulness of staff in directing us via phone
- – Lack of USB CHARGERS IN THE I AM HOTEL AREA
- * my tip Great breakfast facility
Excellent room and breakfast and a great dinner
- + A big comfortable room which appeared to be renewd recently Clean and complete bathroom Close to different resources, like schiphol,(5 mins drive) amsterdam arena and the ziggodome (20mins drive) Great food, tastefull. Nice and late check-out (12.00)
- – Restaurant could use a renovation (in comparison with the rooms)
- * my tip Combine your visit at the ziggodome with this hotel. And you will have a very comfortable concert
Convenient, quiet and excellent preparation for a trip abroad
- + We liked the comfortable bed in a quiet room. The location is of course unparallelled, literally on the highway and a 5 minute bus ride from Schiphol airport. Check-in was brisk, and the shuttle runs very promptly (although only every 40 minutes).
- – when arriving the parking lot is awfully full and looking for a parking spot (especially in the dark) is quite the adventure. Some directions or information panels would help. The price is not cheap but convenience may cost something.
- + High quality hotel. Lovely big room and bathroom with balcony. Excellent breakfast. Free, hassle free parking and internet. Free airport shuttle bus linking up with transport to Amsterdam. You are at a service station so can access the facilities and don t have to rely on the hotel restaurant. We stayed for 2 nights and it was fantastic
- – You are near a busy airport and can hear the planes.
- + Great location and bedrooms, excellent food. Great stay as always.
- – very busy car park - sign of a successful business.....
- * my tip Well worth staying here as so close to Schipol. No negatives to report )
Romantic room with excellent locations nearby
- + quiet, luxurious room and buffet
- – -
- * my tip will come again
- – I missed the first bus from Schiphol because the signs is not correct.When you go out through the door by the car rental companies, the sign showes the hotel bus to the right, but your bus stop to the left.Please correct the sign.
Unbelievabley noisy - extremely poor nights sleep and single beds
- – Cannot believe that double beds are only for suites
Great Hotel. Great food. Very pleasant.
- + Very comfortable room. No noise from overhead planes. Quiet hotel. Food in hotel restaurant is excellent. Small but very nice pool and wellness
- – None.
- * my tip Dine in the hotel restaurant Visit Haarlem if there s time to spare. Very nice old town.
Mooi en goed gelegen hotel
- + Lokatie
- – Geen koffie of drink facilitate op de kamer
- + welcome, people behind the desk really friendly and attentive food and service good room quiet and nice
- – the swimming pool was TOO hot really and the water was not really clean as I swim with swimming glasses...a lot of things floating in the water. Wellness area is great and quiet
Simple and good
- + Good Price and great location
- – Really nothing
good servica and location when travelling with the airport
- + Good breakfast. Nice quiet room
- – Only have two single beds as a double.
- * my tip Need to offer king or queenbeds also when stay in normal rooms
good lodging for concerts in the concertgebouw due to a good connectio
- + the usual good room quality
- – our breakfast was not included in our room price, even though there were such offers for lower prices. There was no buffet dinner on Sunday
- * my tip breakfast is worth while.
VanDer Valk Hotel our Home Base for 12 hours
- + Loved the quietness of the room, clean bathroom, dining room was awesome. Such wonderful attentive service. The dinner meal was exceptional We were impressed with the shuttle bus service to Schiphol, that we were able to take a train into Amsterdam for a few hours, and return with the shuttle bus with no problems. Just a very lovely time having VanDerValk Hotel as our home base for 12 hours.
- – Having to get up early to leave such a comfortable bed
- + Our room was much better then before. The up date is excellent Especially the bathroom.
- – None
- * my tip No tips.
A4 is always 100
- + They have the best breakfast I ve ever experienced. Wellness top-class. great, silent rooms.
- – none
Our experience with an overnight at Van De Valk
- + The front desk was professional, friendly and helpful
- – The design of the room in terrible. When one person turns on a light in the bathroom the entire room is lights us. There is no privacy in the bathroom. When you step out of the shower to dry off you are in full view of the entire room. If you get up at night and turn on a light to get to the bathroom then entire room lights up. The room is suitable for only one person at a time.
- * my tip Good dinner. Breakfast is very confusing...A coffee pot at a table would be so nice instead of have to go to the coffee machine for a half cup at a time. Americans drink more than a half cup of coffee for breakfast.
A bit of everything - an outstanding stay
- + The hotel had a shuttle that could take us to the airport every 40 minutes and always ran on time. From there we could take the train into the city and would not need to find transportation. We were completely self sufficient There was a really nice balcony for every room and the staff were all very friendly and patient. The hotel was clean and had other restaurants in the area we could go to for a change of pace. There was a safe that we could place any valuables we did not want to take wi
- – Breakfast was a little pricey at 15 Euros but very delicious with lots to choose from. The hotel does not supply a washcloth so be sure to bring your own
- * my tip Try and get your room in the back of the hotel as the view of the countryside from the balcony is excellent back there. They are currently under construction in that wing to add new floors.
Best place to stay before flying home.
- + We have been there before and enjoy our stay very much each time we come. The dinner was excellent.
- – Don t have any negative points, we would have like to stay for breakfast, but our flight left early on Saturday morning.
- + Helpfull and friendly
- – I did not see anything
- * my tip Keep on like you do now
- + My over night stay was a good as the one 2 years ago. The bus to the airport was convenient and punctual. The dinner I had the night before I left was an excellent experience. The good, wine and service were superb. The waitress from Croatia and the maitre d were friendly and helpful makings choices for dinner. Keep up the good work Maria
- – Nothing
- + shower, balcony, bed, i thought the blue flower wallpaper in the hallway was hilarious
- – prefer an enclosed bathroom. difficult to refill fuel on my rental car even tho the gas station was right there, i had to drive a long way around to get to it.
- + Super met het verplichte glutenvrije dieet van mijn dochter
good choice for an airport hotel
- + The service was great. I made a mistake on the reservation date, and without a problem we had a nice room.
- * my tip We had a very early flight, we had to be in the airport by 5am. It would be nice if there would be some coffee or tea and a muffin or so before the restaurant opens. We did have breakfast included in our price .
- + Room is spacious and loved the balcony
- – A few more pillows would have been nice
- + Location is perfect because of the shuttle service to the station.
- – None
- + Nice people
- + very goog location for my purpose.bussiness pleasure suttle to the airport is very convenient very good breakfast.
- * my tip I would suggest more fresh vegetable for breakfast
- + Friendly service
- – Room key did not work because close to ipad
Lovely newly remodeled rooms
- + Our room was located exactly as I had requested (away from elevators). It was very quiet as well.
- – Nothing
- * my tip We had breakfast and dinner in the restaurant. Excellent food, prices and service.
- – GPS did not recognize the address so it was difficult to find the motel...not sure why
We needed only a basic overnight room which was accommodated according
- + Enjoyed the paintings, we always stay at the Valk Hotel in a luxery suite when a 7 day vacation
- – We would have enjoyed a bit more e.g. coffee pot, kleenex but was adequate for one night
- * my tip We ordered 2 drinks at the Bar. Bacardi and Votka. We didn t know which was which so we tasted it straight prior to adding the mix. Still couldn t tell Might be a point to check Never encountered this problem at any of the other Valk Hotels and this is the only hotel we ever stay at in the Netherlands
A good hotel to stay if you have a flight the next day.
- + The location nearby Schiphol airport and the excellent shuttle (between the hotel and the airport) service. A nice swimmming pool
- – The hotel is a real labyrinth, and with an unhandy and confusing interior design. To go to our room we first needed to take a lift down (only one lift of the whole hotel, so you there is a line of waiting people), walk a while and take another lift up. Not very nice if you have a lot of luggage and two small children. My children do not eat a lot, so they usual share a plate. The hotel charge for an extra plate (on the menu they call it a thiefing plate). This is a little bit to greedy, I th
- * my tip If you are in the hotel during spring, visit the Keukenhof, a very beautifull garden. It is worth to stay an extra day in the hotel if you can. Keukenhof is nearby the hotel, easy to reach.
value for money
- + the food service is good, quality of food always good, price moderate, good breakfast as well rooms are large and well equipped, shower stall plus bath tub for the price is a good value all around this is a good hotel that knows what they are doing. I can recommend this to anyone
Perfect respective service
- + All is perfect personnel, food, attitude, rooms, atmosphere.
- – Some People in the shuttle bus to the Airport did not have place to sit.
- * my tip The best Hotel to stay. You will be treated with respect and you will be remembering perfect, fantastic stay for long. It a place where you would like to come back.
Overnight at the Van der Valk Schiphol
- + All arrangements worked out well
- – Nothing - it was all really good
Good ,helpful staff and good restaurant.Agood place to return to...
- + Good reception staff,cheerful and friendly.Restaurant is run well,and staff professional.For the price we paid,excellent value for money...even the gym and pool is very good.Next time we are in Holland,we will stay here again-and recommend it to anyone we know coming there.Well done,and please keep up the good work
- – Nothing negative...like I said before,excellent value for money.
- * my tip Just relax and enjoy...the staff are sure to help you with anything you need...
- – 1-Towels in the bathroom was full of shaving hair. 2- This issue was reported to the reception we only got the answer of we are sorry.
- + Great location.Near the airport. Shuttle bus to and from the airport. Large clean rooms. Friendly, helpful staff. Wonderful dining in the airport. Fairly priced.
I love this hotel.
- + Clean comfortable rooms and a great dining room always top my list for staying here. Very close to the airport and train station in the airport. Great staff, shuttle to and from the airport are efficient and comfortable. I have stayed here many times. It has a huge parking lot (which I don t use or need).
- * my tip I am a very senior citizen. The staff does everything in their power to make me feel safe and comfortable.
perfect hote sewrvice and reasonable prices
- + re4staurant service is excelloent and the breakfast is unique
- * my tip enjoy your breakfast
- * my tip great food friendly staff
Good value close to Schiphol
- + Funky, popular hotel close to Schiphol but in a quiet area surrounded by greenhouses and fields. Terrific breakfast for only 15 euros and friendly, efficient staff. Free parking as well
- – Unfortunately we booked for 4 nights but had to change our plans. As our reservation was prepaid the hotel would not refund the unused night even though I notified them a month in advance as the plans for my brother-in-law s funeral changed. It would have been nice if they had compromised and said the cost of the night could be put towards food and beverage charges, but no, we paid the extra night.
- * my tip Great breakfast.
Lots of comfort at Van der Valk Hotel Schiphol A4
- + Everything was positive during our stay. Friendly service, and a modern, very clean room.
- – So we can t mention negative points.
- * my tip You can stay at the hotel for dinner in their nice restaurant. After dinner you can drink your Irish coffee or a fine cognac at the cosy bar.
Luxury stay, but....
- + Due to a very full hotel I got a nice suite. Even with solarium Fantastic TV solution via beamer and big screen... Good beds
- – The mirrors at the wash basin was so small and tiny that I could not see my whole face in them.... And far too high on the wall - made for tall dutch people.... The TV control was placed high on the wall at the bed and the yellow lights of the controls was very disturbing during the night... Airco was not functioning OK..
- + Restaurant
- – nothing
- * my tip request table reservation in restaurant
Comfortable, clean and spacious
- + very convenient location, close to Schiphol
- – long waiting time for the shuttle
Nice but noisy room
- + Easy to get to fromnSchiphol although the shuttle could be more frequent. Room is comfortable, though rather warm.
- – Prolonged noise made by other guests at 4.15 am (though I guess it s difficult for the hotel to legislate against that)
- + Staff at the reception desk were pleasant and helpful.
- – Restaurant service was erratic, slow and inattentive. Spa is unattended. Towels for the spa need to be requested at reception desk Waiting area for massage is a public corridor Elevators were not working at times. Decor is outdated and ugly (weird furniture in stairs from reception to first floor. Ugly wall paper in halls of 700 level floor. All together this hotel does not deliver what the Website promises.
Location difficult to find
- + Staff very friendly and Found my missing Camera.. Thank you THANK YOU
- – None
Service and Quality at your Hotel
- + The staff in all areas of the hotel were very friendly. You have an excellent standard of cleanliness in all areas of the hotel.
- – I was not given clear instructions to my room when I checked in (it was a busy time because many guests had arrived on the bus with hotel vouchers due to the high winds at the airport on the 22nd. I had to return to the desk for assistance after trying unsuccessfully to locate room 833. I asked a chambermaid on one of the floors but she did not speak Dutch or English. I waited in a long line at reception to ask for directions.
- * my tip When the reception area became busy, extra staff appeared immediately to help with the back log which is good but it was not enough. A concierge is required during busy times (or a staff member could walk through the waiting line to ask if anyone has any questions. A small printed map of your room layout might also be of assistance as I just assumed that you had an 8th floor when I saw my room number. Maybee you could number your rooms 100A - 499A West and 100B - 499B East (or North and sou
Easy and relaxed stay in the neighbourhood of Schiphol
- + Your holyday starts before you departement from Schiphol
- – None
- * my tip Bathroom needs an upgrade
A bit bit hard to reach - but excellent value for money
- + Big room, quality furnishings, great bed, nice bar, fantastic breakfast buffet.
- – A bit difficult to reach from the airport by car - shuttle bus (now every 40 min) could be more frequent. A coffee maker in the room would have made my stay heavenly.
The best place to start or to finish one s holidays
- + We came very late and the staff understood that we were tired and needed a room pronto. We had been in your Iam hotel before and liked it very much. So we got a room there, where one does not have to look for a parking place. We love the design of the bathroom
- – That breakfast was not included
- * my tip When you fly from Schiphol, spend the night before your flight in this hotel. Avoid the panic at the airport.
Nice and quiet
- + Good quality room, balcony, quiet.
- – Shower controls much too sensitive, either very hot or very cold, difficult to adjust. Shower floor extremely slippery.
Excellent airport hotel
- + The room was well-appointed and quiet. The restaurant has many choices and the quality of the food and service is excellent. The airport shuttle is a nice amenity.
- + Like your shuttle service and the effort your reserving operator in getting us a room on Thursday the 25th of Sept since there was officially no room available that day.
- – The right sink was not draining properly. The window side was too cold. I adjusted the air conditioning deflectors up to take care of it.
- * my tip I still like the idea of coffee in the room for breakfast, especially if you have to leave at 6.40 in the morning.
Original price doesn t include Breakfast
- + Simple but clean room with good bed and climat
- – Breakfast dissapears as soon as You take up the parking offer
- * my tip Make online booking possible so the suprise element is taken out
- + buffet lunch excellent and excellent value Balcony Ornage Juice quaility lunch time
- – time to wait to check out bathroom items from porevious guest still in bathroom The automatic door was strange leading to reception
- + large room at quite area of hotel. Comfortable sitting space, good service to airport by bus. Front desk very helpful. I recommended it for comfort.
- – no coffee machine in room.no face clothe. Poor television reception on many channels. Bus driver not helpful with luggage storage in bus cargo space
- * my tip Hotel restaurant a bid price. Plenty of restaurant with in walking distends over A4.
I would stay here again
- + The rooms were very spacious by Netherlands standards. The bathrooms did not feel like closets. Many good restaurants within a close walking distance.
- – Although most of breakfast was good, the eggs were a funny color on the bottom. Not sure if they were in the pan too long but the rest of the food was delicious
Wonderful hotel and Restaurant close to airport
- + The hotel lobby is stunning and the staff very professional. The individual rooms could use a bit of updating. However my husband and I checked in late and left early to catch a plane, so hardly spent any time in our room except to sleep. We did have to sign a piece of paper when we went in stating that if we smoked in our room we would be charged 250 euros and when got to our room it stunk very strongly of cigar smoke. I did let the staff know so that we wouldn t be blamed for this. We ha
- + Clean and comfortable
- – No tea and coffee making facilities. Room service in room.
It couldn t have been better
- + The hotel facilities, friendly staff and comfort in the rooms couldn t be exceeded for the price we paid. It was much less than staying in a Premier Inn in the UK BUT with better facilities. I had looked at reviews on trip advisor, and the only negative review(no tea coffee making facilities in the room, was sorted with an exceptionally quick response to an email sent to the hotel once we had booked.
- – Nothing that the hotel would have been able to sort (noisy people), but that was sorted by borrowing Pauls spare earplugs.
- * my tip Don t forget to sort out your travel pass at the tourist information centre at the airport. It works out considerably cheaper than doing this on the transport. Also, if you are on a budget, don t get the train into Amsterdam from the airport as all the guides suggest. It will cost you 9 euros for a return journey for all over the age of 12. Your travel pass however will enable you to get into Amsterdam centre by taking a bus and tram. It takes a little longer to get there, but you see much mor
Easy Access to Schiphol
- + We usually choose to stay at this hotel upon arrival in Holland and just before departure. The rooms are clean, comfortable and cool. The reception desk is very helpful. The breakfast buffet is outstanding, one of the best ever We enjoy the restaurant for evening meals and using the lobby for meeting friends and family. It is so easy to reach Schiphol with the shuttle and then from there you can access trains to anywhere
- – We have two suggestions for the hotel. The shuttle bus is very popular, especially in the morning. We reserved seats for the bus, but this is not monitored in any way. The bus was overcrowded and many people could not get either themselves or their luggage on. It would be helpful if there was a ticketing system so that those who had reserved were the first on and then those who did not would be the ones to wait for the next shuttle. As they are 40 minutes apart, this can make the difference
- + Overall impression positive
- – Weather was nice but terras closed as not enough oersonnel was available
- * my tip Breakfast super. Restaurant food, service and seating super. Bar services kind.
- + Perfect location and facilities
- – Restaurant and rooms need updating
- * my tip Cosy restaurant yes
We had a very strange room.
- + Location, service
- – The hotel was fully booked when we arrived so we were given an upgrade to a suite. This should have been good but in fact the room we got was horrible.There was something very creepy about it. It was absolutely massive, with very tacky decor and even had a professional sun bed. It was definitely not what we wanted for a quick overnight stop between planes. The standard rooms that we passed on our way out looked much nicer.
Fantastic hotel close to Schiphol
- + Restaurant, very good food, above expectation
- – Set up of hotel is confusing. Entrance is on 2nd floor. Had to go up one floor, walk through 2 long corridors to take an elevator down 2 floors, to walk through another 2 long corridors. View from my window was my car, unfortunately I had to do the above in reverse to exit the hotel.... Not ideal when traveling with 3 children and 4 suitcases...
- * my tip Would stay there again, very close to airport and very good restaurant
Uitstekende gelegenheid voor als je vroeg vliegt
- + Ik had gevraagt om een kamer dichtbij de lift, i.v.m. meereizende moeder van 80 , en dat was keurig geregeld
- – none
- * my tip We gebruiken altijd het restaurant om met de kinderen nog wat te eten de avond voor vertrek, ze pakken dan weer de v.d. Valk bus)gratis, naar schiphol en pakken dan de trein naar hun stuentenstad.
- + We have stayed here many times, the location is ideal, we enjoy the restaurant and the shuttle bus to the airport
- – It would ve ideal to have coffee tea making facility in the room when jet lag hits at 3 00am
Return visit, still a good option
- + Very good sized room, close to Schiphol with free parking
- – Length of check-in queue
- + Good service, close to airport, nice shuttle
- + A very NICE room, very friendly people, mainly the dining room, The desk people were very helpful and happy to help We found most bus drivers to be quiet, a good morning to you all would help. but excellent drivers
- – poop marks in the toilet, when we arrived till we left. I had no brush or I would have cleaned it. no big deal for me. The Orange chair was very dirty, however I like the color oranje
- * my tip Koffie met gebak, wanneer je aankomt Just kidding everything was just great, even the mints.
The main elevator needs repair. We couldn t read numbers properly.
- + Loved our room 717 and both meals we had at the restaurant were superb. We would come back again
- – Elevator ended up out of order so we had to bring our bags down the stairs. As mentioned above. Very difficult to read which floor you were on and which one your room was on as reception is on 2nd floor There confusing. THERE HAS TO BE A BETTER WAY
- * my tip Still a very nice place to stay.
- – Not able to make a cup of coffee or tea in your room,I m use to in all hotels or motels in Australia
- + Free shuttle to the airport. staff was great.
- – People smoking on the balconies. We could smell the smoke in the room
- + The room in the new part of the hotel was excellent and very clean.The service of the shuttle to go to Schiphol is a very good idea.
- – I could not find the shuttle at Schiphol Airport and when I asked, nobody knew where it was.So I took the bus with my chipknip and I had to walk and cross over the highway to reach the hotel.There should be a sign. I came late in the hotel and the foodcourt was closing so I had to hurry that was not fun.
Solid Sleep at reasonable price
- + Spped and ease of check in and check out
- – No minibars in the room
- + Flexibility and service
- – no minus points
- * my tip Make youir reservations via internet good prices garanteed
missed the coffee and tea service in room and the refrigerator
- + updated architectural design
- – price should include breakfast
- + Very good hotel for short stay
- – None
- * my tip Dont missed breakfast
- + Perfect food in restaurant Perfect breakfast
- – No negatives
- * my tip Perfect breakfast Good quality meals in restaurant
- + Good service at front desk, terrific food in het restaurant, comfortable kamer
- – Kamer temperature was voor ons te stuffy
We love your hotels Please expand to Amerca.
- + - airport transportation - reception staff - beautiful room
- – Breakfast is expensive if you only want a little bit to eat -- I ate only yogurt, fruit and coffee -- but I understand that it is impossible to monitor the one-price buffet. It is efficient and fair, so I really can t complain.
- * my tip None. Your staff does great work -- especially the Reception Desk staff
- + Close to the airport, Easy to find from the south on A4.
- – When we tried to program your location as Schipol it would not register. Please include the city in your address in the future.
- * my tip Good buffet breakfast and later dinner.
- + Fast group check in service and group dinner
- – Nothing
- * my tip Very convenient to air port
Cofee macjine in the room
- + People at the frnt desk and the restaurant are very kind
- – I lost time to book 48mn because the room was not not cleaned at 2 00
- + .
- – Food for children
- + The girls at the front desk were exceptionally helpful. When the bar was too busy, one of the girls bought us drinks, which we had in the comfortable tables by reception. When the coffee machine ate our money but didn t provide us with coffee (no coffee cups) another of the girls made us coffees and bought them to us.
- – Our first stay (April 23 24) we had a huge bathroom, but there were no towel racks or even hooks to hang up dressing gowns....very strange, and annoying
- * my tip A small coffee shop cafe would have been nice.
Excellent airport hotel
- + Very busy reception but check-in was very quick.
- – Nothing
Hotel very good located, good rooms and excellent service.
- + I got an upgrade for the room I have booked,and the reservation system is perfect, easy and quickly Would be perfect, if the breakfast was include.
- – The room we got, a mexicain tematic room, was big, wonderfull bed, the bathroom was even big but no place to hang the towels, no washsink table, where we could put our things Very modern architectur, beautifull to look at but hard to use
- * my tip No tips for the moment, everything is alright.
Great hotel, great price
- + This hotel was very modern and beautiful The staff was great and helpful and there was a free shuttle bus to the airport. Even though it was very close to the airport , there was no noise from the planes. All in all a fantastic stay
- * my tip Make sure to book a spot on the airport shuttle--it can get busy and it only runs every 40 minutes.
- + Clean room, Nice TV,
- – Lamp next to THE bed not suitable for Reading, light is to week.
Fantastic stay in Amsterdam
- + Everything.
- – Nothing. -)
- + more restaurants in front of hotel
- – bad smell in the hotel area
- * my tip In front of hotel are nice restaurant for e good price
- + transport to Schiphol
- + Ohhh yes the room service was super very reliable and fast service thank you.
- – Ummm I thing the receptionists were overwhelmed they especially the women are very unfriendly and slow
- * my tip U wanna stay near the airport it s the best place to be and their free transport is very reliable.
- + Desk staff very friendly. Rooms large and quiet. Dined in the restaurant for diner and was pleased with the quality and portions. Some items a little pricey. Lovely waitress also.
- – Our afternoon restaurant server that we had would walk past tables where customers just wanted drinks. (The bars were closed until later.) When he realized we just wanted drinks he just ignored us. We had to asked twice for a menu to see what the selections were for diner. The other customers around us also just ordered drinks and they were also annoyed.
Good experience for single woman traveller.Would visit again.A
- + Airport shuttle was very reliable.Breakfast was excellent and dinner good in pleasant surroundings.I could not fault anything about my overnight stay.
washroom shower running like tap room not clean on first day
- + shuttle service provided is great. Breakfast is best i have seen. I always stay at this hotel when in AMSTERDAM as i work for KLM in Vancouver
- – Washroom water running like tap When advised reception answer was it is one bedroom that s the reason and is cheap.
- * my tip Provide receipt which ever country guest from , as in eur difficult to convert and see in your visa
- + Lekkere ruime kamer, comfortabele stoelen en goed bed, personeel zeer service bewust..
- – Het zou leuk zijn als in de kamer een waterkokertje geplaatst word zodat men voor een kopje thee of koffie niet zo ver hoeft te lopen.
- + Het is een gezellig en vriendelijke omgeving
- – Iedere kamer zou een koffiezetapparaatjemoeten hebben.
- * my tip Het is leuk om even the relaxen in de lounge en daarna dan heerlijk genieten van een lekker diner. Ook vlakbij de stad Amsterdam om te winkelen en de binnenstad evens gored te bekijken,ALS je van museums houd is het Rijksmuseum a must.
- + Great breakfast
- – No negatives
- * my tip Shuttle Journey from Airport to Hotel was longer than expected. (20 minutes)This was due to the motorway location and the requirement to double back. Journey back to Airport from hotel was 6 minutes, very efficient
Convenient stay for Schipol early departure
- + Quiet, comfortable room,
- – No coffee maker in room.
- * my tip Downstairs restaurant provides good value for money.
Very comfortable and luxurious room
- + Very friendly and helpful staff, the room was in the new part of the hotel and was of a very high standard of finish and comfort. The hotel was well positioned for the city and the airport. The breakfast was good quality and catered for all requirements.Overall a very good value for money hotel.
- – There were no negative points to my stay.
- * my tip The trip was for business so unfortunately I was unable to visit any of the local attractions.In the hotel the pool and fitness centre looked of good quality and well maintained.
- + Near the airport and very reasonably priced with free wireless internet. Choice of KFC and Bistro nearby if one wants to eat outside the Hotel.
- – No tea making facility in the room
- + Good internet price, comfortable clean room, good wake up shuttle service.
- – Rude am front desk(blondish male young)clerk. I pd 10 euro for the shuttle service, should have been 20 according to him, He should have addressed that question to the pm sfaff, NOT to me.
- + Big facilities compared to other hotels
- * my tip Dont forget to get before 11 pm or shuttle will be gone and then a taxi wont be very much savings
ISE 2014 -(
- + Employees are friendly and give every support they can to the customers in order to make their stay enjoyable.
- – Unfortunately I ve been robbed of EUR 495 and USD 230 during my stay in the Netherlands. I don t know where this happened. The certain thing is that I ve opened my wallet on 5th of February and I did not find the Euros an US Dollars anymore. The thief was very kind and left me a small amount of money which I had in RON and HUF currencies. Fortunately I ve had the credit card with me (...). So, this whole thing influenced very badly negatively my stay and general impression abou
Comfortable room - Good food - Friendly service
- + Room was small but comfortable. Price very reasonable. Food in restaurant was very good. Service at front desk was friendly and efficient.
- – Shower was moldy. All else was clean in the room. It was very difficult to drive to - And I see from this email that breakfast was included and if it was - no one informed me of that.
- * my tip Had dinner in the bar - which was more 'cozy' for a lone diner.
it was a pleasant short stay in this nice hotel
- + our staying in the hotel was to short, but it's a nice hotel for so far a had seen. The restuarant personell was very kind with us, and the shuttle tranportation was very good (on time)
- – a little bit dusty in the room, the elevator is too slow, if the hotel is full
- * my tip for the next time i can add a tip for this
Pleasant stay and good balance between price and quality
- + I Am hotel stands out from the original hotel
Practical, convenient choice for Schiphol transit stay.
very pleasant and friendly hotel
The best hotel to stay in near the airport
- + The hotel is very conveniently situated. The shuttle bus makes everything much easier. The whole entrance makes you feel welcome
- – it would be nice if there is coffee and a kettle in each room
- * my tip yes, the restaurant is very nice the breakfast they serve is the best from all the hotels I have been visiting on my trip
Our stay was short and sweet
Perfect stopover voor reis naar Amsterdam Airport
- + Kamer 202 is uitstekend gelegen en dichtbij trap en lobby. Heel handig voor transport met koffers. Bed is prima
- – Badkamer is aan een up date toe. Daarvoor hebben we overnacht in Biltsche Hoek en die badkamer voldeed aan alle wensen.
- * my tip Restaurant heeft prima kaart en heel goede service!
it was good.
- * my tip It was a nice big hotel with a kfc reastaurant
Feel your self at home , at v d Valk !
- + after restaurant closing hours , there is KFC and DeliFrance wthin waling distance (shopping mall etc. ) Nice vieuw from the balcony , airplanes and A4 traffc , flowers(tulips) in the front garden , birdies .
- – No cofee/thee perculator available in the room
- * my tip NICE quiet , non poluted green environment atractive farming activity surroundings .
Fijn hotel en handige shuttle bus service
- + Heerlijke bedden en dekbedden! Geweldig ontbijt buffet
Good value for comfort and convenience
- + Good size room with big bathroom. Sufficient towels for one night even for two.
- – No shower cap provided. Room 204 needs new taps for the bathtub, too tight when had to juggle back and forth to get the temperature I wanted. Took a while and lots of water wasted during the process.
- * my tip Please do not order the spareribs from the grill menu. But the carpaccio was delicious.
More than exceeded our expectations
Dog friendly hotel near Schiphol airport and vet
- + Very homely for an airport hotel Good service in restaurant Warm swimming pool
- – No soap in showers at swimming pool Complicated journey from our room to reception
- * my tip There is a motorway service station just by the hotel, also a petrol station. There are several fast food restaurants there including Delifrance which we used for breakfast. the themes below don't apply to the hotel as it is an airport hotel. Although we found it convenient for a trip into Amsterdam.
Nice hotel to stay ifc staying for 3+ nights
- + this is a very nice hotel, with clean spacious room; comfortable beds; nice fitness room and heated pool; but some annoying points to a very tired traveler are: 1. it was difficult to find when driving from Northern Holland. Our GPS could not locate it with the address given on the website.
- – 2. parking is difficult. 3. locating our room was like a maze. More visible signs are needed to find our room (we had to take the elevator up 1 floor then another elevator down 2 floors-- and finding 2nd elevatore was difficult too). 4. our TV in our room did not work, which we noticed when we wanted to watch the news, the morning of our checkout. 5. airport shuttle before 6am costs 20 Euros- not convenient for those with early flights.
- * my tip not sure would recommend this place, if arriving late/checking out early and staying for 1-2 nights, as we did. If staying longer, would consider, since it is a nice hotel, and then you would learn how to find everything with time. But, for an over night stay, there are other nearby hotels, that are clean, comfortable, and easier to find, and easy to catch the free airport shuttle for those early morning or late night flights.
Overall, a comfy accommodation.
- + Excellent sleep, nice room. Romantic ambiance in restaurant. Bathroom feature of separate bath and shower was appreciated.
- – Room service request could not be completed because we could not reach person on duty. It's also silly to charge money for TV. I'm confused as to why thehotel logo is a toucan, but "valk" means "hawk." :P
- * my tip Affordable hotel near Schiphol Airport for guests with a morning or afternoon flight out of Amsterdam.
- + everything. i also loved that late check out was offered for just 5 eur per hour which was very generous as i needed a longer rest before my next flight to another continent.
- – i have stayed in this hotel many times always ordering a single room. it was my first time when i was not offered a room upgrade (for visa gold card) so was little bit disappointed. well maybe the policy has changed, next time will not expect so won't be disappointed.
- * my tip recommended
A clean, comfortable hotel.
- * my tip Free shuttle bus to/from Schipol Airport
good airport layover hotel
- + Price, shuttle to airport
- – Room decor was tired! Bathroom vanity was in need of repair, long distance from front check in to room
- * my tip Good fitness facility
Good value close to Schophol
- + Indoor swimmingt pool
- – No Refridgerator (mini-bar) in rooms Easy to miss turn-off from A4
- – although it was informed at the time of booking that the credit card will not be charged .my credit card was charged before i arrived at the hotel. i had to inform the office about this and get the charge reversed when i checked in the charge for breakfast is very high. tea /coffee service should be provided free in the rooms i have stayed in this hotel several times but they do not offer a loyality discount which they should
- * my tip nicely located not far from the airport with good facilities
Heerlijke locatie, voor voorovernachting of tripje
- + Super locatie voor een paar dagen Amsterdam.
- – Geen
- * my tip Mocht je een paar dagen Amsterdam willen doen is vd Valk Schiphol een prima locatie. Met de peddelbus naar Schiphol en met de trein naar het centrum. Als je moe terug komt heerlijk eten in het restaurant en dan hoef je lekker de deur niet meer uit. Alleen jammer dat ontbijt niet bij de prijs inbegrepen was.
Affordable price & convenience
- + Free shattle to Airport Wide room (w/terrace) Big parking
rust nabij schiphol
- + dicht bij schiphol , verrassend gezellig oor een hotel bij de airpot, Je kan je auto daar laten staan.
- – I do not think the suites are up to snuff! Also, the plane noise was really bad in our room...more sound proofing is needed. Not as equipped as other comparable hotels.
- + Good shuttle service from airport . Large room that was well insulated from road noise. Pleasant public spaces
Friendly and good room, clean and great food.
- + very friendly feel to the establishment. Phenominal cheeseburger delivered thru Room service; beautiful presentation and tasted great.
- – Around the bottom of the tap in the bathroom in 210 it leaks so in the morning there was a pool of water going across the whole top towards the edge. I say this to get it fixed not as a complaint.
- * my tip Perfect pre-flight stopover location
If you are looking for a nice hotel, this is not it.
- + Overall I have stayed at this hotel before and I was very happy with it.
- – This time I was very disappointed with the furniture. It looked likrpe they may have bought it at a second hand store. It was old and worn out and the chairs were dirty. Something you might find at an old Motel 6 here in the US.
- * my tip Only good thing is that it is close to the airport.
Pre Vacation Rest Over
- * my tip Good option for short holiday using Schiphol Airport
It always pleasure to stay there
- * my tip La carte cafe
When in Amsterdam, go to the Rijksmuseum!
- + Close to Amsterdam and quiet. Free bus ride to Schiphol and the train station to Amsterdam.
- – The bar is out dated and not so clean.
- * my tip Take your time in Amsterdam. You can be busy for more then a couple of days. Get educated in the transport system before you take public transportation.
You won't find a better hotel to stay in!
- + I just LOVED my overnight stay and wrote about it on a survey form which I left at the hotel. Everything was perfect! Thank you for having adaptors to use, as well! I look forward to another experience at your hotel in the future.
- * my tip Great food in the restaurant, and wonderful accomodations! The price was very reasonable, as well.
Very good hotel but shuttle bus driver very unfriendly
- + Goed hotel, goede service aan de balie.
- – De bestuurder van de shuttle bus was chagerijnig en niet van plan om te helpen met instappen. De laatste pasagiers moesten de koffers door de smalle deur naar boven sjouwen omdat hij geen zin had om de bagageklep weer open te maken. En helpen kon hij ook niet. Zeer onvriendelijk.
- + Correct, efficient and friendly service! Very conveniently located.
A great Hotel for a good price. Hopi Bon!
- + Neat an clean room. Fast service at reception
- * my tip Room was new, modern and clean. Good service. Transparant way of doing business. I will stay their client.
- * my tip Free airport shuttle
- + free shuttle to airport
- – too hot in the room air con not working properly
- + The food was very good.
- – Transfer bus sometime full with no back up in place. I was given a standard room but I had to return to reception to request the suite I had booked, it did not look like anything on the web site. Not impressed. This is a transit hotel.
- * my tip Nice restaurant.
Excellent accomodation and food ofset by no luggage service
- – I was subjected to a male/female verbal conflict around 11 pm which persisted for a 1/2 hour. the room phone did not work, no porter service
- * my tip excellent breakfast enjoyed dinner
- – Shuttle drivers were rude and would not assist passengers with their bags. An elderly couple needed some assistance and asked for it. The driver was more concerned about smoking between stops.
excelente el micro que te lleva y te trae al aeropuerto te hace sentir
- * my tip un restautant con comidas rapidas por si llegas en un horario fuera de lo comun-
I recommend this hotel
- + Goodrestaurant. Clean. Shuttle
- – No mini bar. Television service not covering many channels like Arabic. Eg. Aljazeera. Some what far from c. Center.
- * my tip A nice restaurant , every 40 min. Shuttle to schophole station
- + Really interesting design, particularly outdoor enclosed garden. Good staff
- – Further from the airport and fewer shuttles than I had hoped, because I was only staying for a quick overnight between flights. FOr the pirce, would have preferred breakfast included.
- * my tip Didn't stay long enough to recommend anything
Stay Here!!! Perfect place in Amsterdam!!!
- + This is the most wonderful hotel any one can stay in. You know it is expensive, but I am telling you it is luxury. The lobby, the rooms, the restaurent, the shuttle service, everything, it was so perfect!!!!
- – None...There is not even one thing wrong with this hotel...we loved it!!!!!
- * my tip Across the street there is a restaurent upstairs that is very delighful. When you are in there the ladies working are so nice...the view is different. You sit over a major highway as if you are on a bridge. We found the food really good!!!
Good convenient base for sightseeing if you have a car
- + Gym and pool excellent. Location good with car - easy access to motorway networks. Shuttle bus to airport and frequent trains to Amsterdam made for good days out there with no parking hassle.
- – Late night arrivals noisy No fridge or kettle in room
- * my tip Breakfast caters for every taste. E15 not too expensive as can eat for long time sampling everything
Ok hotel, zeer dichtbij Schiphol
- + Staff provider suitcase trolley
- – Room difficult to erachter frommel reception.
- * my tip Ask for à room close to reception wen booking if you have à lot of luggage
- + I love this hotel it makes me and my family feel home the rooms are wonderful beds are so comfort and cozy
- * my tip Le place
Best and Fast
Great location if you need to be close to the airport!
- + Free shuttle to and from the airport The hotel was full so we were upgraded to a nicer room for free!
- * my tip Lots of restaurants directly across the street
- + -) friendly staff -) nice clean room. -) good bed -) stylish lobbies
- – -) shuttle busses run not very often and like of most airport hotels around Schiphol the first Shuttle bus to the airport departs only at 6 a.m. -) Many and noisy children -) Shower did not work properly, randomly switching from ice-cold to burning hot. Had to give up showering in order not to cause myself severe burns
Good....but shuttle service can improve
- – The shuttle part to the hotel . After 12 you had to arrange own transport back. And because of the locationof the hotel ...the fare would be high.
- + Great bus service
- – Noisy planes
Great overnight stay before catching flight home.
- – Elevator system - very confusing.
review of july 7 -9, 2013
- + Most of your staff were friendly Location was convenient
- – When I booked I was under the impression that I had a shower but our room did not so they moved us which was fine but moved us to a room on the seventh floor that had a loud hum so then we had to be moved to another room. So we had three rooms in two nights. What I was most disappointed with is that I told the front desk that the "hum" could only be eliminated by leaving the balcony door open. Someone from maintenance went to check out the room while were out and they left our bal
Great Airport Hotel
- * my tip Very handy if you are flying in/out of Schiphol. The pool was wonderful after a long day of travel.
- + Price, service, everything is very good. Thank you...
- – I would like to have tea (teapot) and coffee in the room for morning.
- + - spacious room - balcony - bath (although small)
- – - Inventory of the room could use a minor update
Good hotel with reasonable price
- + Very good breakfast, free shuttle and wifi. Big rooms with old style.
Definitely worth a stay over especially if you can grab a deal!
- + Spacious rooms and very nice staff. Have sampled the restaurant and room service and can highly recommend. Oh, and the all you can eat American style buffet breakfast is not to be missed!
- – None
- * my tip We have stayed here a few times now both for overnight stops and also for long weekends taking the free shuttle to the airport and catching the train into Amsterdam Central.
Very good value and location
- + Very Quiet even so close to the airport, Price was very good, the quality was very good.
- – The down comforters are very nice but way to hot for the summer time. The room I had did not have a light blanket which would have been great. Also no small wash cloth that I really missed.
Excellent facilities, restaurant and airport shuttle service
- + The shuttle service to the airport is excellent We also really enjoy the restaurant
- – Somewhat confusing to find the hotel from the main highway
- + The beds were so much better than the week before when we stayed.! Enjoyed the lunch in the hotel a lot.
- – No one came when we asked for help with the air conditioner even though they said someone would come.
A good place to stay.
- – I had asked for a wake-up call. Never got one.
Hypermodern sleek accommodation
- + Very pleasant modern setting Great design hotel/room, compliments to the architect/builder Great swimming pool, next time I will try the other fitness facilities Price good when specials apply
- – No free newspapers, but I may have missed them
- * my tip Stay was too short to have recommendations
Wonderful place to host a business gathering.
- + Service was very good, friendly and efficient.
A great Experience!
- + Excellent place to stay; great location, helpful staff. We loved it!!!