The ferry headquarters, in which Havenhotel Texel is established, dates back to 1932 and exudes a feeling of days gone by. The Texel Steam Boat Company (TESO) used to run from here to the mainland, until the ferry company was taken over in 1962. Since then, the former headquarters has been, and still is, one of the most special places to stay on Texel. The hotel features many photos and objects from the TESO period.
Hotel De Zeven Provinciën has existed since 1666. The former inn was named for the flagship of Admiral Michiel de Ruyter. In that year he came to the 'Texel rede'. In the 17th century, often dozens of ships waited here for a favourable wind and their departure was the beginning of many long voyages. The old heroes used to rest from their long sea voyages or wait for favourable winds in Hotel De Zeven Provinciën. In and around Oudeschild are several historical elements from the VOC period.