Hotels.nl privacy statement
This privacy statement is part of and covers the Hotels.nl website. Hotels.nl respects the privacy of all visitors of the website www.hotels.nl and ensures that all your personal data is treated confidentially. If you do not fully agree with this privacy statement, you should not use this website.
Which data is processed?
The data Hotels.nl processes can be placed into two categories:
- Personal data, which you fill in yourself on the booking form, such as your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- 'Traffic data', which entails that your computer's IP address is logged and your 'surfing behaviour' on the Hotels.nl website is monitored.
1. Personal data
If you wish to book a hotel via our website, we will ask you for some personal data in order to identify you. This information is used to process and handle your booking and to email you your booking status. We will only send you an email in the following cases:
- As confirmation of your booking / alteration or cancellation. After you have made a booking, you'll receive a confirmation email with all the information regarding your booking. You'll also receive a confirmation email after changing or cancelling your booking.
- To ask for your feedback on the hotel: A week after staying in the hotel you'll receive an email requesting you to evaluate the hotel.
- To inform you about hotel deals if you've signed up to receive the email newsletter. However, you can unsubscribe at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the link provided in the newsletter.
- If you've made a double booking, you'll automatically receive an email to check whether it's your intention to make more than one booking.
- A reminder email a few days prior to your arrival date.
- If you have not used your reservation and have not contacted us in advance to inform us that you will not be using your reservation (i.e. a no-show).
The purpose of processing personal data
Your personal data is used to process and finalize your booking. If you book a hotel through our website, your personal data is only ever used to handle your booking to the best of our abilities. Personal data is only used for the above mentioned purposes.
Personal data security
Your booking is made using a secure server. We use secure technology that encrypts all your personal and credit card details. This way, your details cannot be intercepted or used for any purposes other than your booking.
The secure connection between your browser and our website is verified by GeoTrust, a reputable standard in this field. The electronic certificate of GeoTrust guarantees that you are only in contact with Hotels.nl and no one else. Any details you send will be encrypted for your security through the use of SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. This way, your details cannot be intercepted or used for any purposes other than the transaction in question. You are able to see whether your browser has established a secure connection by checking for an icon (usually a locked padlock) at the bottom of your browser screen. In addition to this, the URL in the browser should start with https:// instead of http://.
Protecting your personal data
Hotels.nl takes its responsibility regarding the privacy of your details very seriously. Hotels.nl will use the correct technical and organisational measures to protect personal data. Hotels.nl will never pass on your personal data to third parties without your expressed permission, except:
- To the hotel where you will be staying. We will pass on booking information to the hotel that you have booked.
- If Hotels.nl is legally bound to do so. Although Hotels.nl will do everything it can to safeguard the privacy of users of its website, Hotels.nl might be requested by law to provide information given to us by you when booking a hotel room. Hotels.nl may disclose your personal data, if it can be forced to do so under legal obligation, or in case it thinks in good faith that this course of action is necessary to a) cooperate with a legal procedure against Hotels.nl or its website; b) to protect and defend the rights or property of Hotels.nl, the website, or its users; c) to act in emergencies to protect the personal safety of users of Hotels.nl, the website or the community.
Hotels.nl reserves the right to obey legal regulations and rules with regards to your use of this website or information given by you to Hotels.nl or information collected with regards to your use of this website.
2. Traffic data
Traffic data is obtained by:
Hotels.nl is not responsible for erroneous bookings resulting from cookies.
- Log files
We use log files, just like most standard website servers. In these log files we store data such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referral/closing pages, platform type, date/time info and the number of clicks for the purpose of trend analysis, site management, tracing user movements in data collection, tracking problems with our servers and the collection of demographic data for general use. IP addresses and the like, are not linked to personal data.
In this overview you can see which cookies may be saved while you visit the Hotels.nl website. Which cookies can be placed, partly depends on how you land on our website (for instance, directly through the address bar or through a link from a search engine or a third-party website), and which pages you visit on Hotels.nl (for instance, a search results page or the booking form).
Hotels.nl stores chat conversations for the purposes of verification and research with regards to contracts and services. Hotels.nl processes the data entered by you during the chat, such as your name, address, date of birth, and your question or complaint. Conversations stored for the purposes of verification and research will be kept for up to 5 years after the point of contact.
Hotels.nl reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time. If you have any questions and/or comments with regards to this statement, please email email@example.com