Hotels.nl General Terms and Conditions
Hotels.nl General terms and conditions
- Use of this website The information on this website has been compiled to offer information about hotels in the Netherlands and Belgium so that visitors can book a hotel online. This website helps you, as a user of this website, to find available hotels in the Netherlands and Belgium. This website is only meant to help you determine the availability of hotels and for making legitimate and desired bookings. You guarantee that you are 18 or over and legally entitled to enter into contracts, and that you will use this website in accordance with these general terms and conditions. You also declare that you have sufficient financial means and the authority to act with regards to your activities on this website. Furthermore, you guarantee that all the information which is given by you or members of your household, with regards to the use of this website, are true and correct. You understand that excessive use or misuse of the booking facilities on this website may result in your being denied access to these facilities. Any false or fraudulent booking is forbidden without any limitation.
- Privacy Hotels.nl respects your privacy. Under no circumstances will we give your personal data to third parties, unless we are legally bound to do so. The Privacy Statement explains which data are processed, how your data is used, and what your rights are.
- No hidden fees Hotels.nl ensures price transparency by clearly stating any extra charges next to each room price so that you won't be hit by any unpleasant surprises. Service charges may apply to specific deals, and are clearly stated next to the deal. These service charges must be paid at all times.
- Bookings Hotels.nl only sends your booking to the hotel. The booking itself is a transaction between the hotel and the customer making the booking. Hotels reserve the right to refuse a booking.
- Cancellations Hotels.nl does not charge a cancellation fee. However, the hotel may charge you a cancellation fee if you fail to cancel your booking in time. If you wish to cancel your booking, please follow the instructions in your booking confirmation. A booking is only cancelled if you have received a confirmation of cancellation. If you cancel a booking in time and in accordance with the hotel's cancellation policy, then hotel will not charge a cancellation fee. Every hotel has its own cancellation policy, which is clearly stated on both the hotel page and in your booking confirmation. The cancellation term can differ per room type. If you fail to cancel your booking in time in accordance with the hotel's cancellation policy, then the hotel is entitled to charge you a cancellation fee. Different cancellation terms and conditions apply to certain 'Hot Deals' and Specials: the credit card will immediately be charged by the hotel and the booking cannot be cancelled or changed. If you have booked a 'Hot Deal' or Special and you do not show up for your booking (no show), then the hotel is entitled to charge you for the full amount of your booking. These conditions are clearly stated on the hotel page, the booking form and in the booking confirmation for a 'Hot Deal' or Special. Service charges may apply to certain deals and are clearly stated next to the deal. The service charges, if applicable, are non-refundable and must always be paid regardless of whether the booking is used or cancelled.
- Credit card Hotels often require your credit card details to guarantee a booking. Your credit card details are only sent to the hotel you booked with, in order to guarantee your booking. You pay for your stay when you arrive at the hotel. Hotels.nl never charges your credit card. When booking a room through this website, you enter into an agreement with your chosen hotel. As soon as your booking has been sent to the hotel, your credit card details are immediately deleted by Hotels.nl. The hotel can pre-authorise your credit card before you arrive. This means that the hotel can check if your credit card is valid. The reserved amount normally becomes available again within one to two weeks. The hotel can take this precaution in case you fail to cancel your booking in time, or fail to show up without cancelling your booking (no show).
- Exchange rate Exchange rates are calculated on the basis of public resources. Exchange rates can change every day. The exchange rates are not updated on a daily basis and are merely shown as an indication. Hotels.nl does not guarantee that the exchange rates published on this website are correct.
- Copyright / intellectual property The copyright of all information, texts, materials and all technical processes, which you will find on this website, rests with Hotels.nl. Your accessing this website does not mean that you may freely reuse, duplicate or distribute the information offered on this website. Duplication of any pages / HTML code / META tags composed by Hotels.nl, whether partly or fully duplicated, will immediately and irrevocably lead to legal action. The intellectual property rights, including copyrights, which rest on the materials on this website, rest with Hotels.nl or are given to Hotels.nl in license by third parties.
- Links by third parties You may freely link to this website. Hotels.nl is explicitly not responsible for the contents of any website that links to Hotels.nl. This website may contain links to other websites that are managed by other parties than Hotels.nl. Those links are only published for your referral. Hotels.nl cannot be held liable for the contents of these external websites. Hotels.nl has no control over these websites and is not responsible for its contents. Publishing links to those websites by Hotels.nl does not imply in any way that Hotels.nl approves of the materials on those websites, nor does it imply that Hotels.nl cooperates with the managers or owners of those websites.
- Disclaimer This website has been compiled with the greatest care by Hotels.nl. However, the information on this website may contain errors, inaccuracies or typographical errors. Hotels.nl is not responsible and cannot be held liable for the contents of this website and the information offered on this website. Hotels.nl does not guarantee that the information about participating hotels offered on this website is correct and complete. Hotels.nl does not guarantee the correctness of, and is not responsible for inaccuracies with regard to photos of hotels, descriptions of hotels, publication of the facilities of the hotel and other descriptions that are published on this website, the information of which is provided by the hotels themselves, who are for that reason also responsible for the correctness of this information. Hotels.nl does not check all the information provided by hotels or other third parties. Hotels may change the information about their hotel, such as prices and availability, at any time. Hotels.nl is not responsible for any loss caused by the incorrect publishing of these data. If you want to recover any loss that you have suffered as a result of incorrect descriptions of hotels or mistakes in the hotel's availability dates, you need to directly contact the hotel in question. Hotels.nl is not liable for damage, whether direct or indirect, which results from the use of its website, or the information published on its website. Hotels.nl can make improvements and/or changes to this website at any time and regularly does so. Any consequential loss, which results from wrongful payments to hotels or wrongful credit card charges by hotels, are the responsibility of the hotel in question. Hotels.nl cannot be held liable for this loss. Hotels.nl is not liable for a loss resulting from the use or (temporary) impossibility to use electronic means for communication with its website, including - but not limited to – a loss resulting from non-delivery or delayed delivery of electronic messages, interception or manipulation of electronic messages by third parties or by software/hardware used for electronic communication and transmitting viruses. By using the website of Hotels.nl you indemnify Hotels.nl against all losses resulting from claims by third parties, resulting from violation or non-compliance with these terms and conditions, or against claims which are otherwise connected with or result from your use of its website.
- Changes to these conditions Hotels.nl reserves the right to change the terms and conditions under which this website is offered. You accept and acknowledge the terms and conditions, that apply at the moment you use the website and facilities of Hotels.nl, as binding.
- General Hotels.nl is registered in the Netherlands and Dutch laws apply to this organisation. Hotels.nl reserves the right to update and change these terms and conditions unilaterally. All disputes resulting from the use of this website and for which Hotels.nl can be held liable, should be brought before the court in Groningen, which is declared competent to become exclusively acquainted with these disputes.