Hotels.nl privacy statement
This privacy statement is part of, and covers the Hotels.nl website. Hotels.nl respects the privacy of all visitors of its website www.hotels.nl and makes sure that all your personal data is treated confidentially. If you do not fully agree with this privacy statement, you should not use this website.
Which data is processed?
The data Hotels.nl processes can be placed into two categories:
- Personal data, which you fill in yourself on the booking form, such as your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- 'Traffic data', such as your computer's IP address is logged and your surfing (habit) on the Hotels.nl website is monitored.
1. Personal data
If you wish to book a hotel via our website, we will ask you for some personal data in order to identify you. This information is used to process and handle your booking and to email you your booking status. We will only send you an email in the following cases:
The purpose of processing personal data
- As confirmation of booking / alteration or cancellation. After you have made a booking, you will receive a confirmation email with all the information regarding your booking. You will also receive a confirmation email after altering or cancelling your booking.
- To ask for your feedback about the hotel: A week or so after your stay in the hotel you will receive an email requesting you to evaluate the hotel.
- To inform you about hotel specials, if you have registered to receive the email newsletter. However, you can undo your registration at any time, by sending an email to email@example.com or by using the link provided in the newsletter.
- If you have made a double booking, you will automatically receive an email to check whether you do in fact want to make more than one booking.
- We will send you an email, to remind you about your booking, a few days prior to your arrival date.
- We will also send you an email if you do not take up your reservation without cancelling your booking or informing us in advance (i.e. a no-show).
The purpose of processing personal data is to handle your booking and to improve the user-friendliness of this website. If you book a hotel through our website, your personal data is only ever used to handle your booking to the best of our abilities and to give us a picture of your hotel wishes. This information helps us to ensure that our website will meet the wishes of our website users. Personal data is only used for the above mentioned purposes.
Personal data security
Your booking will be made using a secure server. To do this we make use of secure technology, which encrypts all your personal and credit card details. This way, your details cannot be intercepted or used for any purposes other than your booking. The secure connection between your browser and our website is verified by VeriSign, a reputable standard in this field. The electronic certificate of VeriSign guarantees that you are only in contact with Hotels.nl and no one else. Any details you send will be encrypted for your security through the use of SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. This way, your details cannot be intercepted or used for any purposes other than the transaction in question. You are able to see whether your browser has established a secure connection by checking for an icon (usually a locked padlock) at the bottom of your browser screen. In addition to this, the URL in the browser should start with https:// instead of http://.
Protecting your personal data
Hotels.nl takes its responsibility regarding the privacy of your details very seriously. Hotels.nl will use the correct technical and organisational measures to protect personal data. Hotels.nl will never pass on your personal data to third parties without your expressed permission, except:
- To the hotel with which you have made a booking. We will pass on booking information to the hotel with which you have booked a room.
- If Hotels.nl is legally bound to do so. Although Hotels.nl will do everything it can to safeguard the privacy of users of its website, Hotels.nl might be requested by law to provide information given to us by you when booking a hotel room. Hotels.nl may disclose your personal data, if it can be forced to do so under legal obligation, or in case it thinks in good faith that this course of action is necessary to a) cooperate with a legal procedure against Hotels.nl or its website; b) to protect and defend the rights or property of Hotels.nl, the website, or its users; c) to act in emergencies to protect the personal safety of users of Hotels.nl, the website or the community.
Hotels.nl reserves the right to obey legal regulations and rules with regard to your use of this website or information given by you to Hotels.nl or information collected with regard to your use of this website.
2. Traffic data
Traffic data is obtained by:
- Log files
We use log files, as most standard website servers do. In these log files we keep data such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referral/closing pages, platform type, date/time info and the number of clicks for trend analysis, site management, tracing user movements in data collection, tracking problems with our servers and the collection of demographic data for general use. IP addresses and such likes, are not linked to personal data.
Hotels.nl reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time. If you have any questions and/or comments with regards to this statement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org